Comic-Con

Banshee Cast on Season 2's Big 'Mess,' Huge 'Gun to the Head' Twist, Fake Lucas' Real Name

banshee season 2Is Banshee‘s biggest mystery destined to remain unsolved?

The cast and producers of the Cinemax hit graced TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite last week and, after dishing some light spoilers on the show’s anticipated second season (bowing in early 2014), addressed the elephant in the room: What is Fake Lucas Hood’s real name.

RELATED | Banshee Casts Julian Sands as [Spoiler]‘s Divine Sibling

“Once we answer it the conversation stops,” acknowledged EP Greg Yaitanes, who said the question may “potentially” be answered — but likely not until the drama’s eventual series finale. “I love that people are curious.”

Those “people” include stars Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Hoon Lee and Lili Simmons, all of whom shared their own theories on Faux Lucas’ moniker. Press PLAY below for more on that and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you think Banshee should go there? And what name do you imagine is on FLH’s birth certificate?

1. Patricia says:

The show is Awsome I love comic con interviews they are the best. Any chance you interviewed the cast of Strike Back?

2. DavidSask says:

I miss this show so much it was such a great surprise, I hope the break in future is not as long and with more episodes!

3. GM says:

I liked the pilot/concept of Banshee, but by the end of the season I found that the show was just way too violent! It got to the point where I started to feel sick and had to look away because of all the blood. I’m not usually that sensitive to stuff like that but the show just took it too far for me unfortunately.

• Sam says:

… pansy…. watch midnight meat train then banshee, then you’ll be fine

• JW says:

What a wuss lol

• Michelle says:

My husband n I are really picky about the shows we follow religiously, but Banshee by far is the best. If they ever cancel it I dont think id ever get over it LOL. I wouldve watched it even if its previews didnt look so great, just because Antony Starr is one of my favourite (n hottest I might add) actors, he was brilliant in Outrageous Fortune (best NZ show ever made). As for the guy who plays Job, hes def one of my favourites, Ilike the snarky/witty sarcasm.
      I loved the boxer/Lucas fight scene so much I actually showed mates who came over lol, I like the gore/action/blood n often find myself calling out “EW did u see that!?!” n rewinding it to watch again! Surely they wont ever cancel it? Its quality TV, especially compared to some of the comedy crap theyplay nowadays.

4. Taa Gimmeablow says:

GM, are u a woman???

5. BDSaggynuts says:

GMT

6. BDSaggynuts says:

GM u shouldn’t even be allowed to watch Cinemax.

7. Taa Gimmeablow says:

WON DA WIRE!!!!!

8. BDSaggynuts says:

Pots and Pans!!!

9. BDSaggynuts says:

Banshee is a great show. GM stop hatin! Taa Gimmieablow StayJaclynoff !!

10. BDSaggynuts says:

Taa Gimmieablow UstayJaclynSaloff!

11. tinatspoon says:

Why ask if she’s a woman? Does it matter? Some people can stomach more than others. I freaking love this show, the twists and turns, the violence, the actors. Some of the fight scenes are just mental!! It all makes it awesome. I’d love to know his name but if we have to wait till the last ep of the last series of it then I’m in it for the long haul.

12. Taa Gimmeablow says:

I can’t take this critique.

I’m going to eat.

13. M3rc Nate says:

Love the show, love the characters, loved season 1’s plots and writing and pace. Cant wait for season two. For once I actually like the idea of not knowing his name…other shows i cant really stand when they just tease-tease-tease-tease, it gets old and annoying, but with this its such a small thing that its a cool/fun/light tease that i dont mind not being revealed until the series finale or maybe ever.

14. Jessica says:

they said it in the first episode dumb dumb Gerard

15. kadja1 says:

I love this show, but I get a huge kick out of Rabbit and Proctor. Hoon Lee should get an emmy nod! He totally rocks and so does Ben Cross and Ulrich Thomsen. Some of us watch it for those guys, yanno!?

16. Spookytreez says:

Amazing show and there’s not enough like it. The show is an addictive thrill that leaves u wanting more at every turn. As far as the violence the world isn’t butterflies and Bambi’s the violence is completely necessary like when hood beat the piss out of the boxer for rapping and beating the girl! How many ppl beside me gave a cheer when he was done??? Lol. The show is great and perfect the way it is.. It’s an amazingly original concept… And to those that can’t handle the violence DON’T WATCH! ;)

17. I was not able to watch “Banshee” until it was released on DVD even though I had auditioned for 3 episodes in Season One. After getting cast in Season Two (Episode 9), I am very happy to now be able to say that I am part of the “Banshee” family. It was a great experience and I hope that they need me again.

18. Lolo says:

I love Banshee, I think the cast is awesome and they work well together, I hope the show makes the cut, because if the number of viewers doesn’t go up then you know they’ll cancel it.
    Lets hope for the best, the show really is a good one. Keeper!

19. Phyl says:

Love the show! But….. They always cancell the good ones in favor of some dumb comedy.

20. N says:

AWesome show, can’t wait for season 2! Love the fights and all, best new show in a while!
    Can’t wait to get Banshee’d again! Splat!

21. Hands down the best show on television!