Syfy Orders Us-Vs.-Angels Pilot Based on Legion

Get More: News, Pilots

Syfy Orders Dominion Pilot Based on Legion MovieSyfy has given a green light to Dominion, a pilot based on characters from the 2010 motion picture Legion, which starred Paul Bettany.

RELATED | Syfy Eyes Post-Apocalyptic Wizard of Oz Miniseries

Described as an epic supernatural action drama, Dominion is set 25 years in the future, after a war between an army of angels and mankind has transformed the world. The series follows the journey of a rebellious young soldier who discovers he’s the unlikely savior of humanity.

VIDEO | Haven Season 4: Watch a Sneak Peek — Plus: Premiere Date Revealed

Scott Stewart, who co-wrote and directed Legion, will direct the pilot and serve as an executive producers alongside Michel Litvak and David Lancaster.

Tags: ,

Comments (15)

• Finally. It’s been a while since I read about this. Thanks

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 26, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome! I really liked that movie. It’ll be interesting to find out the casting.

Comment by Ashley – July 26, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legion was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my life, I’ll be passing on this.

Comment by AJ – July 26, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I originally refused to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer when season 1 was originally airing because I’d seen the movie and it was awful. Just saying.

Comment by Brooke – July 26, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fair enough, I hated the movie and the show is one of my favorites of all time. Right now I just don’t have any faith in it.

Comment by AJ – July 26, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would anyone want to revisit that awful movie. Oh yeah, the channel that I stopped watching altogether…

Comment by Temperenace – July 26, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legion wasn’t a masterpiece, but it was interesting and Paul Bettany can sell anything. I’d be interested to see the direction a series takes. I think it could be done well enough. Angel mythology is pretty fascinating.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – July 26, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my thinking as well – not a great movie, but a solid, fairly unique concept and a great jumping-off point for a series.

Comment by wordsmith – July 26, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d prefer to see rage go angels made…

Comment by Drago-d – July 26, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legion sucked. Hopefully they would have better writers.

Comment by Morgan – July 26, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great!! Great!! Great!!

Comment by Clare – July 26, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The downside is it’s on SyFy. They will cancel it as soon as it gets good.

Comment by tp – July 26, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree anytime you get a great show going they cancel it…..too many times I’ve seen this happen. So I pray they don’t mess it up this time. n

Comment by Ricky Haynes – August 1, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post