Should Killing Duo Kiss? Bachelorette Hypocrisy? Messy Teen Wolf Mythology? And More TV Qs!

The Killing Recap ReckoningWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Killing, The Newsroom, The Fosters and Suits!

1 | You kinda wanted The Killing‘s Holder and Linden to kiss there on the sofa, didn’t you? Also, was there any way to predict that malevolent little twist of having Nicholas Lea’s supportive, deeply religious death-row inmate Dale turn out to be the nastiest little sociopath the show has ever seen?

2 | In Falling Skies‘ highly entertaining “flashback-but-not” sequence, who was your favorite out-of-place character? Pope spouting fancy professor lingo? Maggie as the comely co-ed?

RELATED | Spoilers for The Mentalist, Teen Wolf, Walking Dead, Chicago Fire, Glades, Rookie Blue & More

4 | When Dexter‘s Debra said goodbye to Quinn, did you totally call her suicide attempt — and then were you as surprised as we were when she tried to take her brother with her?

5 | Devious Maids plans to do more with the story of Evita the runaway parakeet, because otherwise she wouldn’t have gotten so much screen time, right? And also, it’d be kind of upsetting if our last sighting was seeing her bright orange wings disappearing into the Beverly Hills skyline, no?

6 | For an HGTV Star finalist who knew and commented on the fact that he had a larger hotel suite to decorate, how did Jeribai manage to leave a massive dead space in the floor plan? (And have you heard that winner Tiffany’s new series, The Most Embarrassing Rooms in America, will debut Sept. 14?

7 | Much as we love The Fosters, isn’t the show stuffing the episodes with one social issue too many (cough undocumented illegals cough)?

Under the Dome8 | On Under the Dome, why were Joe’s parents MIA on “visiting day”? The little sumthin’-sumthin‘ with Norrie aside, how is this lad not freaking out that he has no family around?

RELATED | Spoilers for Bones, Walking Dead, Grey’s Anatomy, Parenthood, HIMYM and More

9 | Does Teen Wolf‘s ever-evolving mythology — so much of which was handed out in this week’s flashback ep — make you wish the show offered CliffsNotes? And can someone give us a one-sentence explanation of the Druid angle?

10 | Do you think Penelope Ann Miller agreed to a fairly generic recurring turn as Elizabeth Gray on Mistresses simply for the opportunity to deliver this brilliantly scathing zinger — “Maybe you should tell him you were screwing his father: That should break the spell” — to Yunjin Kim’s hapless Karen (who’d become an object of obsession for Elizabeth’s son after sleeping with the woman’s husband)?

11 | Did Des really have a right to get indignant about James’ Plan B during The Bachelorette‘s “Men Tell All” episode when she was dating more than a half-dozen other dudes during their courtship?

12 | TVLine reader Sarah asks: “On Covert Affairs, when Annie tailed Henry Wilcox, was I the only one who yelled at her the entire time, ‘Run, girl, run’? Seriously?!?”

Suits Season 3 Spoilers13 | Which broken friendship on Suits hurts more: Harvey and Mike or Donna and Rachel?

RELATED | Covert Affairs Season 4 Spoilers — Piper Perabo on Secrets Spilled, Eye-Opening Sex and Spoilery Sunflower Seeds

14 | Did Breaking Pointe really have to give us those gnarly visuals of Ronnie’s foot? Wouldn’t a nice, concise, detailed doctor’s sound bite have sufficed? .And could you almost hear the show’s producers cackling with delight over newbie Zach and his all-out bitchiness?

15 | After Carly Rae Jepsen’s abysmal showing as a So You Think You Can Dance judge, who’s ready to start the petition to get Debbie Allen, Mia Michaels or somebody with legit dance expertise as the show’s next panelist?

16 | Shouldn’t the FCC fine Big Brother for the innuendo-filled shots of GinaMarie eating frozen yogurt during the Have/Have-Not competition? And the shots of her bloated belly afterward?

17 | Did you see Graceland‘s big Odin reveal coming? Or were you all :-O ? Do you now fear Bello’s days are numbered? And was the touch-football scene with bikini-clad Paige playful or juuuust a bit exploitative?

18 | Burn Notice’s depiction of Michael’s “non-torture” torture — especially the sleep deprivation sequences — was quite unsettling, wasn’t it? Almost made us overlook John Pyper-Ferguson’s in-and-out accent.

19 | Were you disappointed with how brain-numbingly easy the Spell-Mageddon words were? Seriously — “PROPERTY”?? Miss that and you deserve to get hit with something!

20 | What do you enjoy most about Hollywood Game Night? Is it the playable-from-home factor? Watching celebs get a bit tipsy? Or seeing how non-stuffy and well-versed in pop culture they can be? But how did this week’s finalist miss “Alec Baldwin”?? And what foul-mouthed Rachael Ray Showvariation on a candy bar name kept getting Jason Sudeikis bleeped? (Actually, don’t answer that last one. Don’t wanna overwork our language filter.)

21 | Anyone else notice that crafty Rachael Ray never actually touched her mouth to the flatlining dummy dog while practicing pet resuscitation during a rerun episode of her talk show on Friday?

22 | Just how many up-early-on-a-Saturday morning, not-at-soccer practice 13-year-olds is CBS planning to target with its new programming block? And doesn’t it make you miss TNBC?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Alex says:

is #5 a real question? who cares?

2. David7118 says:

#8 was explained that his father is a truck driver and thus was on the road and his mother was in the next town over though I can’t remember the reason.

• Pia says:

She was “brunching at Denny’s” with their uncle.

• Lauren says:

But didn’t they not show up for visitors day? That’s what’s odd.

• Jen says:

They’ve said that his dad drives a truck…I got the feeling that his dad was the truck driver that crashed into the dome on day 1. They haven’t said that though, it was just something I thought could come up later.

• Tammy says:

Yes, it was explained during the episode where the kids all crashed his house for the generator.

• Jen says:

Yep, I was just coming to the comments to say that. Plus, Joe went to the bridge looking for his parents, and was looking for Angie most of the episode this week…so that question was answered.

3. Columbus says:

I’m sure that The Fosters’ creators stuffed the episodes full of issues because they weren’t sure that they would get another season. Now that the show is a hit, perhaps they can slow down a bit.

• Sara says:

Yeah, I think you are right. I love the show but I have noticed an over abundance of issues lately. Hopefully ABC will announce their renewal soon so they can tone it down a bit.

4. dude says:

22: YES!

5. Alex says:

#8 joe has said his parents are on the other side of the dome several times.

• alison says:

We all know that, what they were asking is why they, at least the mom who was only in the next town, didn’t show up for visitors day? And how most young kids would eventually get a little freaked that they are all alone, since his sister had been tied up for the duration

• dan says:

At least he finally looked for his sister (Angie) in the last episode. Why couldn’t the producers have stuck an extra on the outside of the dome with a sign that said “Joe & Angie” to at least represent their family? It wouldn’t have cost them much to hire an extra without lines.

• alison says:

Exactly, they should have at least acknowledged that their parents are worried or give a crap about their kids

6. #15; I’ve been ready since the beginning of the season.

7. ” And can someone give us a one-sentence explanation of the Druid angle?” Druids are the wolves’ guides and counselors.

8. Emily says:

Agreed with no.9, i’m completely lost with what’s going on this season and all the mythology is going right over my head. And this is coming from someone who watches a lot of supernatural themed shows, so I really think they could’ve done it better this season. I couldn’t even tell you what’s happened the past few episodes.

9. David7118 says:

#13 Donna and Rachel hurts more as the two had some of the best lines and best time playing off of each other.

10. Shana says:

1. YES!!! they have so much chemistry it’s ridiculous.
    18. That’s why I stopped watching Burn Notice sometime around season 4…it got way too dark and far-fetched compared to the original first seasons, with the crazy Miami cases and disguises, etc.
    20. Honestly, there’s just something so endearing and cheesy about Hollywood Game Night. Plus, it’s nice seeing people on TV who I don’t normally see (like Maya Rudolph).

11. Sarah says:

Hey TvLine.com, thanks for the shout-out – you absolutely made my day!

13. Both are painful, but nothing compares to Louis turning the corner with that cake and seeing Mike back with Harvey. His face said it all….and it hurt.

12. wrstlgirl says:

#1 I do NOT want Holder and Linden together, ick.
    #9 I agree with Emily and I too watch a ton of supernatural shows but this Teen Wolf stuff has me scratching my head.
    #11 IMO Des just wanted to diss James because she’s embarrassed

13. Oliviabensen12 says:

1. Hell to the No. Shows ruin male characters in tv romances. The writers ruined Peter Bishop just to make Olivia look better. Hell no.

14. Warren says:

Wait….Teen Wolf’s “Mythology” is confusing you? Sad.

15. Alichat says:

1) No. I don’t want them to go down the romance road.

8) He does seem awfully laid back for someone with missing parents and an AWOL sister. I expected him to freak when they didn’t show up for the Visitor’s time. And why didn’t at least his mother show up for the visitor’s day?

12) No, I wasn’t saying that. But I was curious why no one thought to keep track of Joan and Seth to make sure they went on that date. My biggest question is from the premiere…..why did Annie leave Auggie a hand-written note?

13) Neither. I was more upset for Louis. I expected Mike to tell Harvey that he couldn’t ditch out on Louis….that he wasn’t going to break anymore promises or lose someone else’s trust. I gotta say that disappointed me more than the Donna/Rachel conversation.

17) Saw it coming. I expected a different twist.

18) I thought it was interesting that his hallucination of Fiona reacted as real Fiona would have upon hearing Michael profess “Help me. I need you.”

16. Jared says:

I’m a HUGE fan of Teen Wolf but this seasons mythology is going right over my head to the point that I have NO CLUE what it’s supposed to be or how it effects any of the characters on the show. And BTW can we find out what’s going on with Lydia already???

17. Bianca says:

2) Philosophical Pope was great.
    4) One could tell it was gonna happen but still it was surprising when it happened.

18. Gin says:

#7 I had absolutly no problem with anything they brought up until the illegal aliens storyline. There was enough going on in that episode already and they could have solved the problem without adding that to the mix. Plus, Steph is a police officer. Is she really going to just ignore the fact that they are breaking the law? I still love the show though and I agree with the other posters who said it will probably get better now that the show is certain to get renewed.

19. Tammy says:

I love Hollywood Game Night! Can we get an at home version for family game night?

20. Alyssa says:

#8. Because he’s a Winchester.

21. Ty says:

#1 The “flashback-but-not” sequence felt like such a waste of an episode, but my favorite was Karen as I didn’t notice until right at the end.

#2 Joe and Norrie are two of my favorite characters, but you’re right, I found it a bit weird that we didn’t see him talk to his parents on visitor’s day.

#3 Donna & Rachel. I think it would have been far more interesting for the show if Mike had stayed with Louis. The look on his face when he was carrying the cake. That was painful.

22. Coryrox says:

Watched Hollywood Game Night and I loved how awesome Amy Poehler and Jason Sudekis were! I will be back for more :)

• Tenney says:

I’m glad that other people are loving Hollywood Game Night also. Its fun watching the celebrities just having a naturally good time. Makes you realize how funny they are in real life.

23. WE says:

#1 Absolutely! Even if it’s wrong, they have so much chemistry and I couldn’t help but be disappointed that we didn’t get to see the kiss!

24. AT says:

#1: YES! It’s not something I considered until the past few weeks. Now I’m beginning to think if they do kiss it may turn into that Logan/Veronica type moment when they first kissed on the balcony and everyone was like, “YEAH! Uh…how could I have not noticed that from the beginning?” Also, it was hard for me not to think about X-Files in this episode. Krycek was there playing the plant…a sociopathic one which then made me think of X Files which then in turn made me think of Holder’s name. It does kind of rhyme with Mulder…Just saying. LOL.

• Mari says:

OMG you are absolutely right about comparing Logan/Veronica with them. It was kinda unexpected but great!!

25. Angie S says:

Teen Wolf confusing ?? You better believe it. What is happening this season?

As for Linden and Holder. – not surprised he tried but no kissing allowed. The Killing is not a date movie.

26. JJ says:

#1 No, no, no ,no, no and…Absolutly not.

27. bamabunny says:

#9, was going to say what Michael Sacal said, though I’m guessing you also want to know what it has to do with the sacrificial murders. That…I got nothing.

#15, I have wanted Heather Morris from Glee to be a judge forever, since she was actually a semifinalist years ago. Harry Shum Jr. too!

28. CJ says:

13) Definitely Donna and Rachel, but SERIOUSLY can everyone stop stomping on Louis’ heart?!? Dude just needs a win! (And maybe a hug). I actually shed a tear for him this week. And for that cake.

29. sarah says:

20:I am enjoying Hollywood game night!

17:I did not see the Briggs being Odin twist at all! It is fantastic every week and I look forward to next week!

15: Carly Rae was just awful, I could have done a way better job!

13:I was sad about Harvey and Mike but now they are fine, so it is Donna and Rachel.

30. Kate says:

# 9. No, I read a good theory that it might be Mr. Lahey though that made sense, but most seem to believe it is someone dead.
    # 17 No I didn’t but I vaguely wonder if it is true or Briggs was just finally figuring out a way he could get close to Bello to bring him down where he would get the credit and not Mike.

31. John says:

#1. No! Not every male and female pairing on tv needs to have a romantic/sexual component. They have a beautiful friendship, leave it alone.

#2. That Falling Skies episode was easily one of the worst of the series. A cliched look into the protagonists mindscape which is essentially a dream that does nothing for the story. I was looking forward to this episode as well because when it was announced as an episode in the past I thought it would be the literal story of everyone’s lives before the invasion. Instead we got Tom’s pointless fever dream. Pass.

• GeekGirl13 says:

While I really do want a glimpse of others’ lives before the invasion, I disagree that this was just Tom’s pointless fever dream. I thought it was more a mix of both Tom and Karen’s perceptions of the characters with Tom’s memories providing the landscape. I think Karen is the reason we got Maggie as the comely coed. Shades of jealousy there, I believe.

As for my favorite altered character, I got to give it to Cochise, if only because I adore Doug Jones and so rarely get to see him in anything sans makeup.

32. DonDraperSaysWhat says:

I think if they kissed once on the killing it would be OK just to satisfy that portion of the audience, and then they wouldn’t need to have it happen again. I like a strong friendship between characters better than a romance and I make the same argument for many walking dead characters. This is AMC dramas, not a soap opera.

33. Kim R says:

#1. Yes…I have to admit…I wanted them to kiss. And as far as the fellow death row inmate….I knew something was not right with that guy. Well played Killing.
    #4. I figured suicide would be on Debra’s mind but didn’t expect her trying to take her brother with her although it makes perfect sense. I don’t know how else she is going to live with what she’s done.
    #11. Yes..I’m watching The Bachelorette and no, I don’t think Des had any right to get upset at James for having a plan B. Nor do I think the other “ladies” should have been all worked up about it. Why the other guys got so involved in someone else’s motives is beyond me. ??
    #13. I felt worse about Mike doing that to Louis at the end of this week’s episode than anything else. :(
    #20. Hollywood Game Night makes me laugh out loud every episode. Jane Lynch does not and I like her but she’s too….something. Corny?? Anyway…other than that I love the show.

• Lora LaBrash says:

I love Jane Lynch, but found her really annoying on this show. Felt like she was really condescending.

• Kim R says:

She’s too schticky, if that’s a word. :) I would much prefer someone just being naturally funny than someone doing an act. What makes me laugh is the celebrities being quick witted. Jane is too scripted which makes it not funny to me.

34. Penn says:

1) These two people are everything to each other already. I have no problem with them getting together completely. They do have amazing chemistry! Guess what, people very, very often fall in love in the workplace, especially when they live there. They are the only people they can trust!

35. Tom Charles says:

> 3 | Do you subscribe to the popularity-gaining theory that Newsroom‘s Gary Cooper isn’t going to make it back from Uganda?
    ~
    Never really considered it till now, time will tell I guess

36. Frenchgirl says:

1 – Should have been there a year ago already after Linden found Holder on the bridge…OVERDUE!

13 – HARVICCA :'( They jsut destroyed that amazing friendship with no hope of resurrection

37. Pepper says:

1) No way in hell. If someone wants that kind of “we are adults but act like teenagers” lovey dovey stuff, unfortunately there are many other crime dramas that offer that.
    Yes, they have awesome chemistry – as friends. We don’t need to pair everyone up, it’s not a freaking ark.

• AT says:

I highly doubt any version of romance in the Killing would come across like teenagers lovey dovey stuff. Let’s be real here. Love is a major part of life. Besides their relationship is so ambiguous that I doubt it’s going to be a big deal if they throw in some romantic hinting.

38. Lise says:

1. I want them together but I’m glad they didn’t kiss at that moment. If the show goes there, I want their getting together to be a clear choice that they both take the time to really process. Their first kiss should be deliberate, not an impulsive act brought on by grief and a sense of helplessness.

3. I assumed that was a fore-gone conclusion but would be happy to be proven wrong.

17. Yes, but I’m still not sure what it means. Briggs has either lied about his identity because he knows the real Odin is dead or he created Odin as a way to bring down other criminals.

39. Mo says:

“#8. Because he’s a Winchester.” –Alyssa
    Ah, yes! Explains so much…

1) As much as I would HATE a romance between them, I would have been okay with a kiss. Just as long as it was clearly a one-time comfort type thing and not some lingering crush type thing.

13) Harvey/Mike hurts me more because their relationship is the core of the show. But if we’re talking painfully emotional moments on the show, then I was most upset for Louis. Actual tears were shed at the end of that episode.

40. DanielleZ says:

#1 No! Linden and Holder are great work partners but I can’t see them getting intimate and don’t want to. Neither one has a good track record in the love department anyway, especially her.

41. meatwad says:

#9 – Teen Wolf’s mythology just grows leaps and bounds every few episodes. and everyone always has a motive that lies beneath whatever they are openly doing.

42. meatwad says:

#13 – Donna and Rachel

43. Adriana says:

#17 I believe Briggs created “Odin” to bring down the Casa Cartel. He want’s revenge. It’s not a fluke that his transmitter didn’t work, he tampered with it on purpose. I don’t think he’s a “bad guy” per se, but is working WAY outside the lines to exact a personal vendetta.

44. m. says:

#1 Linden & Holder: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    #13 Suits: I’d say Louis & Mike. (Mike is becoming more and more unappealing to me.)

45. Dan says:

If Teen Wolf is confusing you then Buffy would have sent you into therapy. Perhaps you should stick with Nickelodeon or something light. I hear that Hot In Cleveland show isn’t very complex.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Well aren’t you just a sweetheart, oh and Buffy sucked.

• BabyFirefly says:

Most critics would disagree with you on Buffy. You are coming across just as sweet as Dan!

• Wrstlgirl says:

That was on purpose, duh. And I don’t care what the critics say. I prefer to make up my own mind and watch what I like, not what they think I should like.

46. Cort says:

#13 Harvey and Mike’s bromance is what first sucked me into the show and yes I came to love all of the interesting friendships and relationships on the show but Harvey/Mike is the foundation and I need those to crazy kids to make up…like now. It’s like Fred without Barney, Bugs without that damn carrot, Sam without Dean (Castiel & Bobby), Benson without Stabler (consequently a show I haven’t seen in years…not for any romance I was expecting because nope didn’t want them together no way but because of their bromance)….you get my point lol

47. cjeffery7 says:

2 – Ben trying to pull a She’s All That with those hipster glasses… i saw right threw them!

48. S says:

#9) Funny, my one sentence answer for the Druid angle was actually just two words:
    Dog Whisperers

49. Anne says:

#9 I could definitely be wrong, but didn’t Matt start to turn into a kanima/lizard himself because he made Jackson kill innocent people? Which might account for Jackson’s blue eyes, which I’m assuming is the centre of this mythology debate

50. Mari says:

#1 Yes! Linden and Holder have great chemistry.