Disney Channel's Shake It Up! Is Shutting Down

Shake It Up CancelledDisney Channel’s dance-themed Shake It Up! is shuffling off to Buffalo, wrapping its run after this, its third season.

Per our sister site Deadline, the series will sign off after producing 78 episodes, the last of which is to air this fall.

VIDEO | First Look: Jessie Travels from the Future to Save Mankind

The news comes six weeks after it was announced that sister series Good Luck Charlie is calling it quits, airing its final episodes in early 2014.

Shake It Up! co-lead and recent Dancing With the Stars competitor Zendaya is set to headline a Disney Channel movie based on the book Boys Are Dogs, starting production in August.

RELATED | Good Luck Charlie to Feature Same-Sex Parents Before Signing Off

Disney Channel recently (and strongly) premiered one new series, Liv and Maddie, and has two others, Girls Meets World (you may have heard of it) and I Didn’t Do It, set to launch in 2014.

1. I like the OLD Disney Channel better. says:

I miss the old Disney Channel. Like Boy Meets World, Even Stevens, Model Behavior, 13th Year, etc. My heart goes out to these kids of today to see their generations of shows are ending. It’s really sad. The only show I really care for is Good Luck Charlie.

2. kayla coats says:

Really hate that shake it up is being canceled . It was such a fun show .My 10 year old daughter loved it. She really looks up to Zendaya . It was our favorite show on disney.

3. Molly says:

OMG!!!! Y is GOOD LUCK CHARLIE AND SHAKE IT UP! Going off are!??? Good luck CHARLIE IS a wonderful family!….

4. Lovergirlrocks says:

Thank u for cancelling this show it stinks the only shows that are good on disney channel is austin and ally and good luck charlie there the only shows that don’t make me want to throw something at my tv

5. sara says:

I am so sad shake it up is done I remember when I watched the first episode thats when I started enjoying danceing before shake it up I was not a fan

6. maddie says:

iwish they would take off gravity falls. its filled with illuminati

7. kells says:

i hate disney now i remember when i saw the 1st shake it up and good luck charlie and i wanted to b a dancer because of shake it up and i always watched it with my mom but now shes sick and these shows make me feel comfortable and now disney’s crap and ruins lives and im only 10 and when i saw the last shake it up i started crying up a storm and i was screaming i ran to my mom and she was even more sick than before PLEASE KEEP SHAKE IT UP AND GOOD LUCK CHARLIE OR I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(; and if i do this is what your face will look like!!!!

:/- crappy people!!

8. Heidi says:

I am sad. Networks are cancelling great shows because they think they can get higher ratings, with new shows they just throw on. Unfortunately with modern technology networks have to understand they have to lower their expectations and try to please the loyal audience they have. They cancelled my soaps and replaced them with talk shows with no huge successes and now my daughter’s Good Luck Charlie maybe to get the cash flow they need they should start marketing with in the show. Intergrating products into the show creates sponsership and It works. I’ve worked in media and the best way to promote a product and get the sponsorship that you need you have to have testimonials. That way we can keep our soaps and our Good Luck Charlies, have a loyal fan base and have the funds to do it.

9. ariana21@live.com says:

i swear disney channel has gone to hell ! im too sad about this. ughhhhhhhhhh

10. floppytambo says:

OK FIRST OF ALL ALL AND I MEAN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL OF YOU ARE CHANGING THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. macy says:

Shake it up can’t go……I admire zendaya and Bella. I love dance now because of them… :(
    Good luck charlie is too amazing
    Dog with a blog is great
    Austin and ally is perfect
    I can’t believe wizards of Waverley place and Hannah Montana are gone
    Violetta MUST go!!!!

12. Macy says:

I miss the old Disney….
    Hannah Montana
    Phineas and fern
    Suite life of Zack and Cody
    Lizzie McGuire
    Wizards of Waverley place
    Sonny with a chance

13. Samantha Moquete says:

I love shake it up and I hope a you
    guys come out with other seasons

14. Abrianna says:

Why can’t another season come out and cece and Ty get together and deuce and rocky