Disney Channel's Shake It Up! Is Shutting Down

Get More: Cancellations, Kids TV, News

Shake It Up CancelledDisney Channel’s dance-themed Shake It Up! is shuffling off to Buffalo, wrapping its run after this, its third season.

Per our sister site Deadline, the series will sign off after producing 78 episodes, the last of which is to air this fall.

VIDEO | First Look: Jessie Travels from the Future to Save Mankind

The news comes six weeks after it was announced that sister series Good Luck Charlie is calling it quits, airing its final episodes in early 2014.

Shake It Up! co-lead and recent Dancing With the Stars competitor Zendaya is set to headline a Disney Channel movie based on the book Boys Are Dogs, starting production in August.

RELATED | Good Luck Charlie to Feature Same-Sex Parents Before Signing Off

Disney Channel recently (and strongly) premiered one new series, Liv and Maddie, and has two others, Girls Meets World (you may have heard of it) and I Didn’t Do It, set to launch in 2014.

Comments (125)

• I miss the old Disney Channel. Like Boy Meets World, Even Stevens, Model Behavior, 13th Year, etc. My heart goes out to these kids of today to see their generations of shows are ending. It’s really sad. The only show I really care for is Good Luck Charlie.

Comment by I like the OLD Disney Channel better. – October 20, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hate that shake it up is being canceled . It was such a fun show .My 10 year old daughter loved it. She really looks up to Zendaya . It was our favorite show on disney.

Comment by kayla coats – November 3, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!! Y is GOOD LUCK CHARLIE AND SHAKE IT UP! Going off are!??? Good luck CHARLIE IS a wonderful family!….

Comment by Molly – November 10, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank u for cancelling this show it stinks the only shows that are good on disney channel is austin and ally and good luck charlie there the only shows that don’t make me want to throw something at my tv

Comment by Lovergirlrocks – November 16, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad shake it up is done I remember when I watched the first episode thats when I started enjoying danceing before shake it up I was not a fan

Comment by sara – November 23, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • iwish they would take off gravity falls. its filled with illuminati

Comment by maddie – December 15, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hate disney now i remember when i saw the 1st shake it up and good luck charlie and i wanted to b a dancer because of shake it up and i always watched it with my mom but now shes sick and these shows make me feel comfortable and now disney’s crap and ruins lives and im only 10 and when i saw the last shake it up i started crying up a storm and i was screaming i ran to my mom and she was even more sick than before PLEASE KEEP SHAKE IT UP AND GOOD LUCK CHARLIE OR I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(; and if i do this is what your face will look like!!!!

:/- crappy people!!

Comment by kells – December 15, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad. Networks are cancelling great shows because they think they can get higher ratings, with new shows they just throw on. Unfortunately with modern technology networks have to understand they have to lower their expectations and try to please the loyal audience they have. They cancelled my soaps and replaced them with talk shows with no huge successes and now my daughter’s Good Luck Charlie maybe to get the cash flow they need they should start marketing with in the show. Intergrating products into the show creates sponsership and It works. I’ve worked in media and the best way to promote a product and get the sponsorship that you need you have to have testimonials. That way we can keep our soaps and our Good Luck Charlies, have a loyal fan base and have the funds to do it.

Comment by Heidi – January 2, 2014 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i swear disney channel has gone to hell ! im too sad about this. ughhhhhhhhhh

Comment by ariana21@live.com – January 10, 2014 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK FIRST OF ALL ALL AND I MEAN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL OF YOU ARE CHANGING THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by floppytambo – January 22, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shake it up can’t go……I admire zendaya and Bella. I love dance now because of them… :(
    Good luck charlie is too amazing
    Dog with a blog is great
    Austin and ally is perfect
    I can’t believe wizards of Waverley place and Hannah Montana are gone
    Violetta MUST go!!!!

Comment by macy – January 30, 2014 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the old Disney….
    Hannah Montana