Once Upon a Time Casts Tinker Bell -- With Whom Does She Have a Surprising Connection?

Once Upon a Time Cast Tinker BellABC’s Once Upon a Time has cast a fairy iconic role for Season 3 — that of Tinker Bell.

New Zealand-born actress Rose McIver will play the flitting character in multiple episodes, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Robin Hood Recast!

As revealed by series cocreator Adam Horowitz at Comic-Con last weekend, the ABC drama will be “taking the [Tinker Bell] icon and putting our spin on it. How we introduce her and who she is [will] hopefully be surprising.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time @ Comic-Con: A ‘Frightening’ Peter Pan, Ariel’s Debut, the Queen’s Favorite Kill and More Scoop

Horowitz also teased, “We’re going to find that she has a surprising connection to someone at this table” – the Comic-Con dais was populated by Robert Carlyle, Lana Parrilla, Emilie De Ravin, Colin O’Donoghue, Michael Raymond-James, Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison — though the EP ruled out the obvious guess, Captain Hook.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Brings Back Giancarlo Esposito — as Which Character?

McIver’s credits include a February 2012 CSI appearance, the Kiwi sitcom Super City, Power Rangers R.P.M. and The Lovely Bones.

Once opens its third season on Sunday, Sept. 29.

1. prish says:

Well, Tinker Bell and Jimmeny Cricket both have wings.

2. taran63 says:

Well the next most obvious would be Neal, since he’s been to Neverland. So if it’s a surprising connection, it won’t be him. Probably the most surprising would be Belle, since she’s hardly ever been anywhere; she’s been locked up most of her life.

• Elly says:

I bet it’s Rumple, maybe he turned her into a bug/fairy as punishment (like the butcher into a pig.) Or I’d say maybe Hook.

Anyone else think she resembles Anna Paquin? Must be New Zealand characteristics.

3. Based on the show’s history I would suspect that the connection will be to Rumple. Because really who is Rumple not connected to?

4. Jennifer says:

I think the surprise might not necessarily be with whom but how.

5. Jennifer says:

…and I’m still hoping there’s a connection between Blue and Neverland.

6. ben says:

Whoop whoop! Rose McIver is really great, I like her (and I’m not just a parochial one-eyed Kiwi on this one… I didn’t think Jay Ryan could really act before he hit Beauty and the Beast).

7. Nick says:

The Blue Fairy. Since they are both fairies.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“…a surprising connection to someone at this table” – the Comic-Con dais was populated by Robert Carlyle, Lana Parrilla, Emilie De Ravin, Colin O’Donoghue, Michael Raymond-James, Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison.”

• Alia says:

Character names, for those who might not know who plays whom: Rumpelstiltskin, Regina, Belle, Hook, Neal, Charming, Snow and Emma.

8. amj says:

I think it’s going to be to Charming! They said that he had many adventures that we have yet to see that made him into the prince he became. Maybe somehow Tink got caught in that world and they had an adventure together! :) Maybe even a bit of romance…

• JCK says:

OK this is wayyyy out there, but if you take in the long blonde hair and heart shaped face, could she be Charming’s niece? If his twin who was the first prince had a child before he was killed and replaced by Charming, she might resemble Emma.

• courts says:

Timeline would have to be really distorted to make it Charming.

• JCK says:

It’s already distorted. Neal is Henry’s father and he’s hundreds of years old. Stuff happens. If Tink was the original prince’s daughter the Blue Fairy had more beans back then, she could have sent her to another time and place just like Bae.

9. Emma Woodhouse says:

Isn’t it Jennifer Morrison, not Jennifer Morris? In any case I doubt Tink’s got a connection to her; more likely Neal or Gold. Though they like pairing Belle up with random folks as well.

• Mary says:

If Tinkerbell could move between worlds like Peter Pan and his shadow, I don’t see why it couldn’t be Emma. She could have a way to appear human too as the fairies in the Enchanted Forest do. We saw that with Ella’s fairy godmother – that she grew in size and made her wings disappear when she was talking to Ella just before Rumple killed her.

10. Mellie says:

Since she’s from New Zealand I would guess Belle. Her entire kingdom has the Aussie thing going on, so it wouldn’t be a stretch dialect-wise.

11. Mike R. says:

I honestly would be more shocked if it wasn’t Rumple. If it’s not Rumple my bets are on Regina or Snow.

12. Larc says:

Well, that seems to shoot down my theory. Jared Gilmore (Henry) wasn’t at the table, so it couldn’t be him. I thought Tink would be identifying him as the real Peter Pan rather than the guy we were led to believe is Peter.

13. AMCPress says:

I wouldn’t be surprised that Tinkerbell would
    be connected to the Blue Fairy or Belle. I’m thrilled Rose McIver has the role of Tinkerbell.

14. shines says:

A fairy comes from a baby’s first laugh so maybe Emma

• Ela says:

I really like this option. Tinkerbell could be someone from Emma’s past since we really don’t know much about her life as a child or after she got out of prison.

15. Aleana says:

what if the susprise connection Tinkerbell has is with Nealfire what if she the one that helped him escape Neverland to come into our world

16. Cate53 says:

Rose McIver appeared on Xena:Warrior Princess as a little kid, channelling Lucy Lawless’ Xena! The episode ‘Little Problems’ from S5 was awful, but she was cute!

17. lyn says:

I’m amazed at how many of the principal actors on OUAT are not Americans. It says a lot about the american talent pool.
    Hook – Irish
    Gold – UK
    Belle – Australian
    Young Bael – Canadian
    Red – Canadian
    Sheriff – N.I./UK
    Bail jumper [pilot] – Irish/Canadian
    Jefferson – Romanian
    Aurora – Irish
    Tinkerbell – NZ

And BTW Tinkerbell is one word.

• Lauren says:

Actually it’s two words, a way common (and avoidable) mistake. I’m impressed TVline got it right!

• JCK says:

My daughter has a Disney Tinkerbell poster and bed sheets that have it as one word. So, i guess either is correct.

• TayMads says:

If Tinker Bell is on any of the Disney merchandise then Tinker Bell would be written as two words since Disney does not own the rights to the character of Tinker Bell. They way they get away with is is by making her name two words instead of one. In the original story by JM Barrie, Tinkerbell is indeed one word. So you are correct in saying it is one word. :)

• Isn’t Once filmed in Vancouver? Most genre shows are. So using Canadian actors would make the most sense based solely on proximity.

• lyn says:

Just 3 Canadians, but at least 10 foreign actors.

• courts says:

Other than pretty much every secondary and minor character, you mean. You counted a guy who appeared in three minutes of the pilot.

• lyn says:

That’s why I said many of the principal actors. Not all of the principals and not only principals. I’m sure some more of the secondary actors are also from elsewhere, but I haven’t researched them.

18. Amy says:

Jennifer Morrison let it slip that both Hook AND Regina have been to Neverland before in a Comic Con interview, so my guess is that Regina may be who they referring to here. Perhaps she ran into Tink while dealing with her mermaid problem.

• Mikael says:

So that means that Regina is probably Ursula, since Ariel is apparently from Neverland. I was hoping they’d finally create a new villain rather than have Regina and Rumple play EVERY villain (besides Maleficent, who they wasted, and Queen of Hearts)

• DarkDefender says:

The promo they played at SDCC showed Grumpy meeting Ariel in storybrooke. She stole his dinglehoffer (fork) from his lunch pail.

• Amy says:

I think that promo was misleading – the creators have said since then that there will be mermaids in Neverland, despite that promo showing Storybrooke. The promo for Hook last season was similarly misleading.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You would be correct; it has since been clarified (somewhere) that Ariel will not appear in SB.

• Amy says:

Probably – especially since she mentioned to Rumple that she needed help with a mermaid problem in season one. Lana Parilla has said that Ursula is one of her big inspirations for Regina, so that’s something at least.

19. PFitzDC says:

Maybe she’s the love child of Dreamy/Grumpy and the fairy played by Amy Acker!

20. maria says:

didn’t emma and neal meet in foster care? maybe either emma or neal could met tinker bell in foster care also

• Amy says:

Actually Emma and Neal didn’t meet until she tried to steal his stolen car. We saw it in her flashback episode. Nice thought though!

21. Jamel says:

Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website. It’s
    simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and appearance. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.
    Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Opera.
    Excellent Blog!

22. Memz says:

There’s a fair chance that it is going to be with Regina. We already know that she has already been in Neverland, and the episode when Tinkerbell will first appear (3×03) will be a Regina-centric episode.

23. I know this web site gives quality dependent
    posts and other data, is there any other web site which presents such things in quality?

24. my website says:

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to
    a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

25. Everything posted was very reasonable. However, think about
    this, what if you added a little content? I am not saying your content isn’t good.,
    however what if you added a title that makes people desire more?
    I mean Once Upon a Time Casts Tinker Bell – With Whom Does She
    Have a Surprising Connection? – TVLine is a little vanilla.
    You might peek at Yahoo’s front page and note how they
    create news titles to get people to click. You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab
    readers interested about everything’ve got to say.
    Just my opinion, it might make your posts a little livelier.

26. Gino says:

It could be that you then have panic attacks when in a similar situation, or
    you may think negative thoughts or imagine that harmful incidents happening to
    yourself or a loved one, as soon as your mind is not busy with other things.
    Recent clinical research has shown that L-Theanine is the
    component in green tea responsible for the feeling of relaxation, serenity
    and focus associated with drinking green tea. The next tip is to take a good look at how your daily life is run.

27. What’s up, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you’re doing!

28. I am sure this paragraph has touched all the
    internet people, its really really fastidious article on building up new
    webpage.

29. Hi there, I read your new stuff daily. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up!

30. Hi, for all time i used to check weblog posts here early
    in the morning, for the reason that i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

31. Gena says:

It’s amazing in support of me to have a web page, which is beneficial
    designed for my know-how. thanks admin

32. With coountless gaming tournaments both nline and offline you can
    quickly develop a reputation foor yourself andd within this
    industry creating a name is everything. UN’s Undersecretary-General for
    Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Jan Egeland criticized Hezbollah due to the alleged
    using Lebanese civilians as “human shields”, stating:
    onsistently, through the Hezbollah heartland, my message was
    that Hezbollah mmust sstop this cowardly blendingamong women and
    children. The applications, use and demand oof Wireless technologies keep increasing every year, rendering it one in the most
    significant inventions of the century.

33. Ladies would always seek something to satisfy their need for satisfaction.
    as you take those first steps down the aisle towards the love of your life.
    Chiffon is a common material with beading to make the perfect dress for the bride.

34. Wedding dress sales are great – comb through the
    racks until you find your perfect wedding dress.
    Anne Hathaway & Adam Shulman’s Wedding: ‘Bride Wars’ actress looks gorgeous in Valentino wedding dress.

Rowe’s couture fashion designs, including the kilo dress, tend to mirror classic 1940’s
    glamour but including his own modern chic twist influenced
    by European designs.

35. Nice post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I’m inspired!

Very useful information specifically the last section :) I handle such info much.
    I was seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

36. You have top eleven token generator to have focus from the top.
    At the heart off the subject are a number off years.

37. Camilla says:

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find tbis topic to be actually something which I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complicated and very broad
    for me. I am looking forward for your nest post, I wijll
    try to get the hang of it!