Fall TV Preview

Castle Season 6 Casts Alphas and 24 Alums

Castle Season 6 Warren Christie Glen MorshowerCastle‘s roster of early Season 6 guest stars continues to expand, now with the addition of Alphas alum Warren Christie and 24 vet Glenn Morshower.

RELATED | Castle‘s Nathan Fillion Weighs In on Rick’s ‘Adult Choice,’ Answers a Burning Question

Per EW.com, Christie will appear in the second episode of the coming season as Brad Parker, a reporter with a knack for digging up dirt that could have implications for national security.

Morshower meanwhile guest-stars in the same episode as Michael Reed, a former general who’s fighting to keep under wraps some secrets from his past, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Castle Halts Production for a Day as Nathan Fillion Is a No-Show During Contract Dispute

If I may dare to connect the dots, Brad will threaten to drop a dime on the general in this episode. Is this where some sort of newly minted Washington, D.C. crime-fighter swings into action, to safeguard our nation’s interests…?

Previously announced Castle guest stars include Lisa Edelstein and Yancey Arias. The ABC drama opens Season 6 on Monday, Sept. 23.

Comments (39)

• The more I read about the upcoming season, the less interest I have for it.

None of the information coming out makes me feel any more confident in the new direction the show seems to be taking or help reassure that they understand how badly they screwed up the last 3 episodes of season 5.

Comment by Guest – July 25, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is still too early too tell just what the season is going to look like. Castle is still a crime drama at its core, and the network’s only returning crime drama at that — even if some of us wish it were all about the character dynamics.
      And the show is up against new and expensive, high-stakes players in Hostages and Blacklist. Castle really does need to play up their own action and drama in order to compete. (And they need to deliver on that. Those first two episodes are pretty critical to maintaining their territory, so to speak,)
      They obviously can’t give any details about the interpersonal arc without giving Beckett’s answers away to the 80% of viewers who haven’t been totally spoiled yet.

Comment by Just one thing – July 25, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • molly quinn already spoiled the answer in her interview to wetpaint castle.

Comment by flo – July 25, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you take anything that Molly Quinn says seriously. Which many Castle fans can’t because she’s been known to misdirect, embellish and spin spoilers and teasers. And also, we can’t go by what “spoilers” there are out there. To quote Castle, “there’s always a story.” And we don’t have the story yet.

Comment by Castle Fan – July 25, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Molly’s comment is just one of many spoiler-y details that have somehow leaked since they started shooting. And the same people who already knew about those spoilers are likely the only ones willing to tread through that gawd-awful site, Wetpaint. Seriously, that site is nutso, crazy. I can’t believe the cast/crew give them the time of day.
          But regular Joe Schmoe viewers? I don’t think they’re as aware of the spoilers out there. Yet. Once the news spreads online, that’ll probably change a bit.

Comment by Just one thing – July 25, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Haha not the Castle cast / crew — i.e.. MOLLY “TOO BIG FOR HER BOOTS NOW” Quinn or the smug, entitled, bratty Alexis castle that she is turning out to be

Comment by Andrea Aynsley – July 25, 2013 06:05 PM PDT
      • I agree that it’s too early to tell and they’re not going to give us much info. But upping the action to take on Hostages and Blacklist? Seems to me that since both of these shows are heavier action oriented – and I’m guessing on that – lighter fare from Castle would be more attractive counter – programming.

Comment by LDS – July 25, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think you’re right about counter-programming, but considering Castle’s the vet in this timeslot, NBC and CBS proved to more aggressive moving their action fare in there to compete. It almost seems like THEY’RE counter-programming against Castle.
          Considering the amount of marketing that’s gone into promoting both shows — coupled with how bizarrely little ABC spends to promote Castle — the show is going to have to take promotion anyway it can. That means that they’ve got to spin their host of guest stars and big-picture action plots just as they’ve always done.
          There’s no doubt that Castle will maintain its lightness and levity, but it really does need to stay top-of-mind of people who were already watching regularly and who newly discovered the show via syndication. It’s got to remain relevant for those who don’t just tune in for Caskett.

Comment by Just one thing – July 25, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are one of the clueless ones!

Comment by Ralph – July 29, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Aw, Ralph. You’re a peach.

Comment by Just one thing – July 29, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I know:-)))).

Comment by Ralph – July 30, 2013 07:20 AM PDT
      • So you are okay with the many old viewers who will be lost with this move?? Believe me, having been in the business world for many years, it is a hell of a lot easier to gain customers if you retain the customers you already have. It really isn’t an item for discussion, without a solid Caskett, there are many procedurals that are as good or better.

Comment by Ralph – August 5, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well that’s your opinion. Not all of us thing they screwed up anything. They also haven’t released enough about S6 for you to know squat about what it’s really gonna be like. We’re just getting drips of info and guessing. I’ll put my confidence in the people who actually think ahead about the full story they want to tell months in advance, and I won’t get caught up in any weird ‘Team Castle vs. Team Beckett’ drama some people insist on creating either. I like both of them and am interested in what both of them are growing into together and as individuals. Too bad we can’t have an epic laser tag with all the Debbie Downers.

Comment by scooby – July 25, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love that Scoob, where would you like to have it???

Comment by Ralph – July 29, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that. The show will continue next season, it just won’t be the Castle we love. This is worse than I ever thought it could be. Then again, I at least had a clue where some of the people on these boards don’t even suspect anything, much less have a clue.

Comment by Ralph – July 29, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glenn Morshower! YESS! :D
    One of my favorite characters from 24. So happy to hear he’s gonna come to another favorite show!

Comment by Sally – July 25, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll continue forever my rant: BRING BACK ALPHAS!

Comment by kelsey – July 25, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1

Comment by Katherine215 – July 25, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m still upset that Once Upon a Time wasted Warren Christie as the bail jumper in the pilot. I wish they had cast him as Neal/Baelfire. Jared Gilmore [Henry on OUAT] resembles him.

Comment by JCK – July 25, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glenn Morshower had a great run on guest starring role like Friday Night Lights as Landry’s dad and most recently Revolution as one of the people inside “the tower”. Also, he appear in all three Transformers movies and I hope he won’t be back for Transformers 4.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – July 25, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm! Warren Christie! Please Beckett, ditch old Castle and get it on with Warren!!!

Comment by jul – July 25, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more and more I find out about the new season, the more excited I become! :) I’ve been a fan of Castle since the beginning, so to see how far along and how much progress this show has made makes me ecstatic!!

I. Need. September. 23rd. NOW!!

Comment by Christina – July 25, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping it’d be Laura Mennell I miss her!!! She was amazing.

Comment by Cherry – July 25, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usually I don’t get excited for an overabundance of guest stars, especially when they take up time that could be devoted to Castle and Beckett, but Glen Morshower? That’s good news!!

Comment by Maria – July 25, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you do realise its a crime show not the castle and beckett love hour right? they kinda need guest stars to commit crimes or there is no show.

Comment by Alan – July 25, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes I do realize it’s a crime show. Which is why I qualified my statement about guest stars with the word “overabundance.” And I also never said anything about love when mentioning Castle and Beckett. I simply used their names because they are the male and female leads and my two favorite characters.

Comment by Maria – July 25, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh I hear both of you. Some people can’t get past the fact that this isn’t Caskett fanfiction so they resent attention being focused on other regulars, never mind guest stars. Our leads are great and you can never have too much banter, but they need supporting characters to play with so we can have a better show. Re: an overabundance of guest stars, some shows start doing that when they need to give the ratings juice, but with Castle, they’ve always done a great job weaving them into the plot. We’ve seen them pop up not just as some big baddie of the week, but in a regular, legit part. James Brolin wasn’t just stunt casting because Barbra’s a fan, he felt like a fuller person we’d see more of one day. They bring in the right people for the job. Fingers crossed there’s a part for Christina Applegate one day. You just know it would make her so happy to finally be involved given how much she loves Caskett.

Comment by scooby – July 25, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I really do hope they get Christina Applegate some day. But I also hope she wasn’t completely freaked out by the Castle fans’ reaction to her Jay Leno visit. LOL

Comment by Just one thing – July 25, 2013 02:50 PM PDT
          • Take away Caskett and tell me what you see “Scoob”.

Comment by Ralph – July 29, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
      • Take away Castle nad Beckett and see what the ratings will be. I watch procedural shows that are better than Castle, but they don’t have Caskett. Without that, you have no show.

Comment by Ralph – July 29, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • interesting. i’m not sure what to make of all this casting is it normal castle guest star stuff or is AWM attempting to serialize the show a little more with recurring guest spots like LE, if that’s the case I’m intrigued i think castle could benefit greatly from a long season arc. if it’s an attempt to shift the focus from Castle and Beckett (and the cluster-bomb that was the final three episodes of last season) i’m not so sure it’s going to work. anyway i love Warren Christie (so miss alphas it was a great show) and Glenn Morshower although i feel bad for the guy all he plays is generals and soldiers it’s got to be tiresome for him.

Comment by James D – July 25, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Aaron! Hope he’ll also be back on 24!

Comment by Kate Garner – July 25, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • glenn morshower never fails to play awesome military men so this could not be better.

Comment by Alan – July 25, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve been getting all this Castle casting news, and yet no new information about Nathan’s contract dispute. Is there any news in regards to that event?

Comment by Andy – July 25, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Andy-Marlowe already assured us everything is back on track & shooting smoothly. Other than that it’s none of our business.

Comment by Karen – July 25, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the new season to start! Very curious to see which direction it wil take and having all these great guest stars is certainly a plus imo. Bring it on!

Comment by Astrid – July 25, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmmmm all this FBI and guest stars are… Interesting. I can’t wait to see what happens and where it’s going. I’m assuming Beckett will be a FBI agent for roughly three episodes while Caskett try to do a long distance relationship? And it eventually doesn’t work so Beckett comes back to NY. I want to know what’s happening with Ryan and Esposito for all of these FBI cases!

Comment by Sarah – July 25, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been browsing online more than 3 hours nowadays, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful price sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.|

Comment by ddos vps – August 4, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post