TVLine Items: Roger Bart Joins HIMYM's Final Run, Maron Renewed, Jericho 'Returns' and More

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Cast Roger BartBarney and Robin’s wedding is becoming one star-studded event.

In addition to The Office’s Ellie KemperRoger Bart (Revenge) will guest-star on the upcoming final season of How I Met Your Mother.

Bart will play an employee at the hotel where Barney and Robin are set to wed, TVGuide.com reports. It is not clear in how many episodes he will appear.

HIMYM premieres Monday, Sept. 23, at 8/7c.

RELATED | Scoop on How I Met Your Mother‘s ‘Suspense Movie’ Wedding Weekend, Episode 200′s ‘Very Exciting’ Reveal and More

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• IFC has renewed Maron for an extended second season. Scheduled to premiere in 2014, Season 2 of the comedy will include 13 half-hour episodes, up from last season’s 10.

• All episodes of the cancelled series Jericho, Swingtown and Wolf Lake are now streaming on CBS.com as part of the Eye Network’s “Second Look” summer feature.

RELATED | 30 Actors From Cancelled Series We Want Back on TV Now!

• Khal Drogo lives! Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) has been cast in the upcoming Sundance Channel original series Red Road. The six-episode drama from Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband) and Sarah Condon (Bored to Death) follows a sheriff trying to keep his family together as he polices the adversarial relationship between his hometown and a neighboring area inhabited by a Native American tribe.

• Jack Wagner (The Bold and the Beautiful), Rachel Blanchard (Clueless) and Cameron Mathison (All My Children) have been tapped to star in My Gal Sunday, a two-hour backdoor pilot and potential primetime series on the Hallmark Channel, per The Hollywood Reporter. A premiere date has yet to be announced.

Wander Over Yonder, a new, intergalactic, animated series on the Disney Channel, is set to premiere Friday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c, TVGuide.com reports. The network will show a sneak preview of the series on Aug. 16, following the premiere of Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (11)

• I always remember Roger Bart when he played the evil doctor responisble for poisioning Steven Culp’s character (don’t remember the character’s name) on Desperate Housewives.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – July 23, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. I always remember the scene where he fixes himself dinner and then sits down and watches the video footage of Bree. So creepy.

Comment by Lauren – July 23, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more Roger Bart on TV the better in my opinion. He is great on Revenge.

Comment by Andy – July 23, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer, I can’t find any of those shows listed on CBS.com other than on an out of date sitemap. When are they supposed to go up?

Comment by S – July 23, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Wolf Lake! I was sorry when it was cancelled, though not surprised. Of course, we got Stefan Salvatore out of that series. :)

Comment by Amy – July 23, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like CBS’s ‘Hey look! We actually used to have good dramas!’ Summer. They should put Picket Fences on the site while they’re at it.

Comment by Et al – July 23, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about That’s Life and EZ Streets?

Comment by Zach – July 23, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Rodger Bart sing in the episode?! He was wonderful in “The Producers”.

Comment by Me – July 23, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love for this to happen. Craig and Carter have said there would be musical numbers this season. Roger would make an excellent disgruntled hotel employee whose bizarre antics threaten to ruin the wedding/ rehearsal/ reception.

Comment by MM – July 23, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never ever, ever ever, tease us about Jericho. The the heart still aches for more. sigh.

Comment by bella – July 23, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Wagner *and* Rachel Blanchard! In the same project! My 90s TV upbringing back to haunt me, I love it!

Comment by Dizzle – July 24, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post