Under the Dome Recap: MOABsolute Mayhem
This week on CBS’ Under the Dome… stuff happened! (Really!) Big Jim made a decision about captive Angie’s fate, Barbie dug up explosive intel on the military’s plan for Chester’s Mill, someone committed cold-blooded murder and the dome’s mettle was tested.
Here’s a rundown of new things we learned, and new questions raised.
THINGS WE LEARNED…
* Barbie was involved in a gnarly incident in Iraq, where he and some unit members gunned down all, save one, of their own men during a tragic instance of friendly fire. This haunts him.
* Dodee’s mother is Deaf — which proves a Godsend to Barbie, who enlists the radio wonk to read the lips of a helpful military guy just outside the dome.
* Butterflies… something. (That bit of entomology got lost on me.)
* Big Jim and the reverend were using the propane to manufacture drugs, but not to be peddled within Chester’s Mill. Because they are that noble!
* Norrie realizes that her mother (no, not that one — the other one) lied to her about her father being an anonymous sperm donor when “Dad” shows up for Visitor’s Day at the dome.
* DJ Phil once hocked his granddaddy’s watch to pay a gambling debt — which Barbie kindly returned to him as The End (seemingly) drew near.
* Angie, when push comes to shove, has a soft spot for cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs Junior. And dare I speculate, they will be a root-for couple by midseason!
* Barbie is ready to ‘fess up to Julia about killing her deadbeat hubby.
* MOAB stands for “Mother of All Bombs” — as in the one launched at the Dome.
* Big Jim will kill in the name of being the master of his dome-ain.
THINGS WE’RE WONDERING….
* Why did Norrie’s mom lie about her father? (This is me pretending to care.)
* Is there anything scarier than Shy Ronnie, er, Junior with a badge?
* Really, Big Jim? The time you decide to release Angie from the bomb shelter is when a bomb is actually coming your way?
* Are we to surmise, as the lovebirds did, that Joe and Norrie’s kiss “protected” the Dome during the attack…?
* Did anything and everything outside the Dome get laid to waste when the MOAB detonated? Or just, say, a 100-mile perimeter?
What questions did this week’s Dome leave you with? Next week: The series’ “Fear” arc begins.