Royal Baby Bumps Monday's Siberia

Siberia Pre-Empted NBCWills and Kate apparently trump chills and monster-bait.

NBC on Monday pre-empted the regularly scheduled episode of Siberia for A Little Prince, a Dateline special about the newest member of England’s royal family.

RELATED | Siberia Recap: (Mush)Room With a View

The hour-long special, hosted by NBC News’ Natalie Morales, promises to “provide viewers with an intimate look inside the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge” who Monday became first-time parents to an as-yet-unnamed son.

A Little Prince will air at 10/9c.  Siberia‘s “Fire in the Sky” episode, originally scheduled for this evening, will air next Monday.

Meanwhile, ABC will broadcast The Royal Baby: Heir to the Throne, a Barbara Walters-anchored special edition of 20/20, Tuesday at 10 pm in place of a Body of Proof repeat.

1. Anonymous says:

Who really cares about the royal baby?

• Natalie says:

All of the United Kingdom care about the Royal Baby as this is the birth of our our future King and an important day in our country’s history.

• Anonymous says:

I was talking about the people in US, since the show airs in OUR country.

• ... says:

Then why should the United States have endless programming (all major networks, all news networks, a couple of entertainment networks) related to the birth?

• Anonymous says:

I don’t care about that, I’d rather watch my show, then hear about some baby that I don’t even care about.

• Gracee says:

i agree with u i dont get y we have to miss our show to see a baby that is in Britain and we r all the way acrossed the USA

• Jordan222 says:

Exactly you need all those channels plus an hour special on NBC!!!! A kid was born…..it happens

• Adam says:

Oh please, that kid is never becoming king, Charles is in his sixties and he is going to dye before he ever does.

• ben says:

Umm, Adam…. did you have too much coffee? If Charles died before he became king, what relevance would that have?

• Natalie says:

Of course he will become King. Charles and William will not live forever and then the new Prince will become King. I for one can say I am a proud Brit and I care about this birth because its the future of my country. And the Brits had to deal with the endless coverage of the presidental elections so I don’t see the big issue. Its one week of one TV show.

• Jordan222 says:

Who cares?(aside from you of course) when the kid becomes king then you can have a special report on this thing called the NEWS…..I don’t really care about your future king 60 years before its actually news. Heck we’ll all be dead by the time he’s king. So now I care even less than not caring at all.

• Jace says:

I’m in the UK, and i can guarantee i’m one of the many residents (born or immigrant) that don’t care about the Royal Family one way or the other. Good luck to the family for having a baby, but that’s all it is, a family having a baby. If they had the power they had a few hundred years ago, then i could understand all the fuss, but now they’re essentially just a tourist attraction that flies around the world visiting proper country leaders. The sooner everything returns to normal, the happier all non-royalists will be.

• KCC says:

Dear Jace, not to be indelicate but were you born and raised in the UK? Are you a first generation Brit?

• Jace says:

Born and raised in Fife, family has lived here for at least 4 generations.

• Kay says:

@KCC How is that a relevant question?

I was born in Glasgow and my family (both sides) have lived in Scotland for many generations. I have no problem with the Royal Family. I actually quite like Will and Kate, but the hullabaloo surrounding this child is ridiculous. It’s an important day for the UK in the same way that Beckham returning to England is important. They’re celebrities plain and simple.

Also airing an hour special about a baby that’s only a few hours old is ridiculous in the UK never mind in the US.

• Shane says:

We broke ties to the king in 1776. England should do away with the ridiculous notion of a monarch. Certainly we as Americans shouldn’t give a hoot.

• Eli says:

The only thing important about this day is it shows how many stupid people are still out there.

• Chels says:

All? Are you the voice of the UK? I for one am British and could not give a flying fig.

• Jack Knauf says:

Bug off Natalie.

• I’m sure you’re correct, but that is no reason to screw up our viewing in the USA.

• Sheldon W. says:

I could see a preemption of programming on a Canadian network, but NBC? Really?

• Joseph says:

I seriously don’t care about that baby till it is born!! I’m sorry Will and Kate but its true.

• Lisa says:

Only reason I watch NBC is to watch Siberia, my family loves it, so annoyed that I now have to wait a week to watch the new episode. The royal baby !! Seriously !? Stupid decision NBC . I give up . I watching Under the Dome from now on

• Jordan222 says:

Only stupid people, or royal loving Brits…..and I think that’s why we’ve got BBC america and oh…I don’t know the Internet…

• I agree. I much would have preferred to what Siberia.

• Brett says:

I’m an American and I completely understand the importance of the UK’s tradition. The recognition and respect of our two greatest allies (UK and Israel) traditions are very important for us to show respect to them as they do to us. There are many publicized American events that is put in their face as well. It’s all common courtesy in respect of the big picture. I have two beautiful children. Do I think any other child born is more important than mine? NO!!! But I respect the importance of the UK’s centuries old tradition. They will be our ally til the end. As well as Israel. The three I just named are the strongest militaries in the world that will stand behind one another if things ever go bad for any of us. Who are you to complain about something special in another sovereign and democratic country that allows freedom to their people and stands up to tyranny and harsh dictators in others? Get over it!!! I love to watch Siberia as well but, I can assure you that I will survive another week without seeing it. Especially at the cost of showing respect to our friends.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Honestly all this hype over the royal baby is ridiculous. Hope ABC and CBS don’t do the same but they probably will, sigh.

3. Tonya says:

Seriously? I don’t watch Siberia but it’s just a baby…what the heck are they going to fill the time with? The baby is sleeping…it pooped…the poop was brown…

4. defiance says:

how many children british army killed in Ireland, Iraq and Afganistan, do a special show about that.

• Jean says:

how many children American army killed in Vietnam, Japan, Iraq and Afghanistan etc…

• Jordan222 says:

Really? You went from good natured making fun of british people to, America kills babys…..keep talking like that and your gonna get a drone strike up your back side….douche

5. Et al says:

At least they’re sticking with a horror theme.

6. Dean says:

Oh seriously? People are pathetic. Who gives a crap about the Royal Family? I’m English and I could care less.

• KCC says:

Isn’t this baby going to be the next ruler of your country? Don’t you care about your country’s leadership?

• Eli says:

Listen dumbass, the Cabinet and Parliament are the country’s leadership, not some ceremonial nitwit who just happens to be born in the right family. Do you people really want to go back to medieval times?

7. joseph says:

this does not bode well for sibria. what next? a miniseries about the king of siam’s adopted puppy?

RIP siberia, youre still better than that joke under the dome.

8. cjeffery7 says:

of course they are. and with no footage of the baby of course. he’s going to be kept under strict guard for the next 15 years of his life so i guess why not start speculating now. LOL.

9. Whatever says:

If NBC is trying to attract viewers to Siberia a new show bumping it for a Dateline Special about a the British Monarchy isn’t the way to do it.
    Bump a repeat instead.

10. Kendall says:

Why did Thomas Jefferson even bother picking up the pen… I kid, I kid…

But seriously, interrupting daytime TV is one thing, a primetime special devoted to a baby who, when you really get down to it, means less to this country than any of us losers do is pretty pathetic. Chalk it up to summer programming, I guess.

11. Lisa Harlton says:

Sorry Britain…I don’t care about your new addition as I’m sure you don;t care about the Obama’s, I just want to see my show and I’m pissed at NBC right now.

12. Tiff says:

Birth is always a happy moment and a time to celebrate, but there is no reason for all of this. We get it, the baby was born and it’s a boy. We’re going to hear enough about it all over the news for next few days. There’s no need to interrupt a show to talk about what we’re going to be hearing for next week or so anyway. I’m happy for William and Kate, but this is getting old.

13. charmayne says:

Congrats to them it a wonderful event … but why bump a show here for the birth of a baby in England? Monday night is a time for me and my kids to watch tv together and this is something we enjoy watching and we sat down all set to watch and no show … I thought they cancelled it like they do every other show we get involved in and like :-(

14. Clint says:

Did the US lose a Damn war?!? I don’t care if it’s the popes baby I’d rather watch real tv

15. Richard says:

I wanted to see the Tv show Siberia as well. I fell asleep on last weeks episode and now they don’t show anything this week. If I wanted to hear about the baby, I could watch the news and hear it was a boy. That’s about as much news as the show will likely tell. I might as well just forget about watching some tv series.

16. dlm45 says:

Who cares!!!!!! Pissed they bumped the show for this crap. God, at least wait until the baby has a name and there’s some pictures of him! Jeez…

17. Joseph says:

Seriously I don’t care about the baby till he is of some importance to the USA and the world. If rather watch what was SUPPOSED to come on. I didn’t wait all week for a baby.

18. SMrtz says:

If Obama had a baby I’m sure you people in England would be mad if a show about this baby not even featuring the baby bumped a show of yours

19. Hunter says:

I understand that the baby is royalty but thats all I have been seeing on tv the past few days! All of the hype about this baby is stupid! It may be our future king but bumping one of my favorite shows for the baby is ridicoulous because its on the news just about every day already. They could just just bump a rerun of a show instead of bumping a new episode of a show that alot of people enjoy watching!

20. Clint says:

The way I see it is the royal family is like a glorified kardashian they really don’t serve a purpose

21. Dreamer says:

I don’t give a damn about royal baby! Bring back Siberia!

22. Donna says:

It has been on tv all day about this baby, who cares!!!!!!!! Do you have to cancel a program on tv that people like to watch to tell about it. If you have had heard about it, or read about it by now , you are deaf & dumb!!!!

23. Steve says:

Give me my johnny wactor on siberia! A birth of a baby? Really?! I want to know what that hunky jerk is going to do this week!

24. Dave says:

Now, if Barbara Walters had a baby, that would be newsworthy.

25. John says:

Can we send the royal baby to Siberia? Maybe the ratings will improve….

26. Denise says:

We’re they not satisfied enough with shoving it down the throats of every member of the British public’s throats for months on end they have to spread the misery world wide now. Bet you thought when you we’re lucky enough to get rid of these tax dodging, useless waste of spaces you we’re done with this rubbish.

27. Donna says:

I watch Siberia and was quite upset when I see there is a special on a stupid baby that doesn’t even have a name yet! How many years will it be before he has a chance of becoming a prince or king??????? Let’s wait till then! This is America and I don’t care to see a special on nothing that matters! Thank you Siberia for showing the episode next week!

28. Matthew says:

It’s not like the baby even has a name yet! >:E

29. Piper says:

Siberia! NBC if you want to preempt something for the news of the royal baby, either preempt the news at 10 or better yet pull the rerun of that dead man walking jay Leno… Wasn’t he replaced months ago?

30. isoron says:

If there is a God the baby will turn out to be another Harry!

31. Mike churchill says:

I can see/hear it now :: ” this is wolf blitzer in the CNN news room with breaking news a nanny just wiped the baby’s azz with a wet wipe” who gives a rats azz

32. Sasha says:

She did something that most woman are capable of doing and have EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! Royalty or not its not that big of a deal. PEOPLE HAVE BABIES ALL THE TIME! BE HAPPY ABOUT IT BUT DONT GO STOPPING MY LIFE FOR THEIR HAPPINESS!
    I WANT MY DAMN SIBERIA!!!

33. Brett says:

34. SEO says:

I love to disseminate information that I’ve built up with the year to assist
    enhance team overall performance.

35. 車禍 says:

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a
    team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community
    in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work
    on. You have done a outstanding job!