Comic-Con

Under the Dome Stars Tease Last 5 Minutes of Season Finale, Plot Junior's Grisly Death

How do you properly tease a cliffhanger-y season finale without completely spoiling everything? For a textbook case study, check out Rachelle Lefevre and Mike Vogel spilling some very select beans about the upcoming capper to CBS’ summer hit Under the Dome.

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Comic-Con Coverage

Lefevre and Vogel joined Michael Ausiello in TVLine’s Comic-Con suite to tackle the age-old question about the importance of twisty serialized dramas balancing big questions with concrete answers; reveal when their show will begin to delve more deeply into the “mystical element” of what’s happening in the town of Chester’s Mill; and dream up potential ways to kill off meddlesome maniac Junior.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother @ Comic-Con: Ted’s Ticked-Off Kids (Watch Video!) & an Epic Slap

Press play below for the full, freewheeling interview. And follow TVLine on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates on all our Comic-Con news, commentary and interviews!

Comments (38)

• Great interview. I hope they kill off Junior soon. I can’t wait to see what happens in season finale.

Comment by Joey – July 21, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season finale? Thought this was going to be a closed series with a solid ending.

Comment by Myexbff – July 21, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought too. I thought this was a miniseries and they were going to portray the entire book in one season.

Comment by Julia – July 21, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They are using book as a guide, not an absolute. Stephen King is completely behind this and has mentioned in the past that in writing the book he envisioned Dome situation lasting years. I think network wanted to see how show did before deciding anything, typical NBC bs.

Comment by jenferner8 – July 21, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Typical NBC? Yet it is on CBS.

Comment by Stinky Feet Lover – July 21, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, of course the network wanted to see how it did before making absolute plans. That’s only sensible. They planned from the start for this season to stand on its own so it would be satisfying to fans if the show fared poorly in the ratings and didn’t get another season. If they had left it open-ended and the show had flopped, I’m positive you would have been first in line to whine about that! Yet here you are whining that CBS (not NBC, lmao!) took the opposite approach. Obviously you are one of those viewers it is impossible to please.

Comment by Chris – July 22, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing. I hate the use that the show will end Ina cliffhanger and well have to wait almost a year for the next installment. It’s even worse when you consider how serialized this show is, which many different, intricate plots going on at once. I have a hard enough time keeping track from week to week, I doubt I’ll be able to remember it all for a year!

Comment by Janine – July 21, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They said time and time again before this even premiered that they were hoping to make this a summer series but were prepared to make it a closed-ended season should they get poor ratings. This was always the plan. Stephen King even said the reason he wanted to do this show was because it allowed them to explore having the dome over the town for several months or even years which is what he intended to do with the book but couldn’t.

Comment by dude – July 21, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are so fun!

Comment by katrina – July 21, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really fun. I loved the bit at the end where she plays flirty and he gets all flustered. Rachelle Lefevre could probably flip her hair and make any straight male go a little weak in the knees.

Comment by wordsmith – July 21, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not even a straight male and I got a little weak in the knees! She was great in the interview, so charismatic and amusing. He did okay to poorly.

Comment by Alan Martins Rodrigues – July 26, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Show would be better if they left the queers out!
          They’re gross!

Comment by Al (kippo) – September 17, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cute interview. They seem to really like each other.

Comment by dude – July 21, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah please,please, kill Junior. I can’t stand that guy. Love the show,but I was getting little frustrated with it. Glad to hear the show is going to pick up w/some Intel.

Comment by cookie kirk – July 21, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m out. I signed up for a miniseries. Not some f&$&$ng cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

Comment by Et al – July 21, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except you already started so everything is still never going to be resolved

Comment by Nope – July 21, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, another gorgeous red head who i have a crush on… :/ like i needed another one! :D

Comment by M3rc Nate – July 21, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are people mad that you’re going to get more of a terrific story? Especially when it’s the highest rated Summer Show in 25 years. There will be more and it will be fantastic.

Comment by RobMF – July 22, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The book, itself, wasn’t terrific. The TV series is worse. The acting and the writing…oh, never mind.

Comment by Aldon ridgester – July 30, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked Dome, the book. I didn’t expect to, & maybe Julia’s a little melodramatic at the end, but it was dark & nasty & showed just how crappy & how good humans can be–depending on which way they decide to go. The show is not the book. You know how they do the disclaimer about “only the names have been changed to…”? Well, in this case only the names are the same, everything else is a crap shoot & I’m not feeling it the way I felt the book. Heck, the book brought tears to my eyes more than once, but I don’t hate the TV Big Jim the way I should & I don’t love the TV Barbie or Julia the way I should. Maybe people who haven’t read/enjoyed the book will embrace TV more than I am because right now the only person I give a rat’s behind about is Joe.

Comment by Morgan – July 30, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS has had a history of summer shows that didn’t last long.. some were self-contained like Harper’s Island and the 70′s Swinger Show Swingtown ( though I think this could have/should have gotten more time )..

Comment by drhenning – July 22, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Mike’s seamless No Doubt lyric. That was hilarious.

Comment by Rebecca – July 22, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! That was my favorite moment of the interview.

Comment by Alia – July 22, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is great as Barbie, but while she’s very beautiful, her acting is so wooden and personality-free.

Comment by Kaye – July 22, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike Vogel, you’re way too pretty. I can’t stop looking at you!

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – July 22, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great interview. They have great chemistry.

Comment by Thiciane Diniz – July 22, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want there to be another season. Just end it! I love it! I love that Mike Vogel is on my tv. But it should just end after episode 13.

Comment by Tracy B (@tmb510) – July 22, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the suspense can’t wait til next week. Still waiting for season 2 of THE RIVER.

Comment by Rosalyn – July 22, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally? I’d like to see Junior locked in the shelter and then slowly flood it the way it looked like Angie was going to drown. That would be poetic justice.

I, too, just wanted it to be a simple one-season mini-series!

Comment by Jim E. in Fl. – July 25, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow this is annoying. I can’t be drug along into an 14 episode series with a VERY cheesy ending. I WANT A MINI SERIES.

Comment by Nicole – August 12, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK..first off, even though it started out as a mini series, I for one think its a great show and look forward to seeing more of it. If it had sucked, then a mini series would be good. quick and painless way to end it. Come on everyone…if you say you like it the why the heck wouldn’t you want to see more??????

Comment by Becca Bedrin – August 13, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long Barbie is alive and kicking I want more of him. I mean he has Barbie doll good looks, and his acting is great. I don’t like the particular 4 teens, 3 of whom are damaged goods. I am really tired of Britt being in every new startup show and failing. I mean she is cute and can act but she’s always the same person, and is always the center of everything. If they do not make Barbie the ultimate hero and savior, and Junior his most loyal follower, it would be more entertaining watching Jr. learn some hard lessons from Barbie. The boy genius is ok and cute. Barbie and his main squeeze are a perfect pairing, but the girls whose mother had died is lame and stupid casting. For dramatic purposes Big Jim should come of his violent need for control he is not smart enough to lead anyone, and will ultimately fail and the town folks who follow him should pay for their sins as well. Maybe he will redeem himself by following and saving Barbies life. At least that is how it should end if it has more seasons. And shoot that evil ex-employer of Barbies in the head.Soon. But for me Barbie should be the main focus not the 3 idiot kids.

Comment by Mary H – August 29, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either straighten up junior or get rid of him. Let big jim fail. Tired of him always getting the upper hand. Save Barbie. Need more of Barbie and Julia.

Comment by cherry – September 5, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree

Comment by Denise Hughes – September 16, 2013 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate al mini series EXCEPT this one. Barbie andd Julia are great together. Jr and Angie have grown well togethe . Big Jim needs to fall. :)

Comment by Denise Hughes – September 16, 2013 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Big Jim to be killed off the show. He is cull of coruption and lies.

Comment by kim – September 16, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There will be season to and im happy about that. I don’t a mini series how lame.

Comment by kim – September 16, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave out the queers,they’re enough to make someone puke.
    Besides that they spoil the show.

Comment by Al (kippo) – September 17, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post