Comic-Con

Vampire Diaries Cast, EP on Klaus-less Season 5, 'Sweet' Damon and Bonnie's Trip to the Other Side

vampire-diaries-comic-con-vid-300You can keep your collegiate football games and freshman mixers: The Vampire Diaries Damon has been there, done that… and probably sucked the life’s blood out of a few co-eds along the way.

So when the CW drama returns this fall, executive producer Caroline Dries promises, it won’t be TVD: The College Years. Fans can rest assured that the university-set adventures of Elena and Caroline (and Bonnie, maybe?) will be balanced out by Mystic Falls-centric stories featuring Damon and Silas Stefan.

In other words, it’s a new season; not a new show.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries @ Comic-Con: Power-Hungry ‘Stefan,’ Power-Hungry Delena, a Bigger Bad and More

Dries and cast members Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Candice Accola and Kat Graham stopped by TVLine’s suite at Comic-Con to dish some scoop on the upcoming fifth season. Press PLAY on the video below to see Graham’s take on her character’s netherworld experience (and how the phrase “in spirit” sends her into a fit of giggles), how “sweet” we can expect Damon to be in the forthcoming episodes and how maybe an absent Klaus wasn’t so bad after all.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

1. MashaFan says:

caroline dries ruined the show !!

• Sparky says:

Really I think Kevin Williamson leaving the show and Julie plec taking over the show ruined it for me. Maybe Caroline can give it the kick in the behind that it needs to get it back on track. Finally no frickkin klaus and Silas looks like a proper baddie…

2. Julie says:

Cute video. I have to say I’m most excited about Silas/Stefan. Finally a storyline that doesn’t involve him mooning over Elena. Now to work on redeeming her. She is acting no different than Katherine and they need to start showing us why we should care about her.

• Zanae says:

I totally agree , Elena should be acting like the old Elena, the Elena we first meant. I can’t believe she did that to STEFAN😭😭😭😭😭. I can’t believe she hurt him, she put him thought so much pain over the years. I will forever be a Stelena Fan, but I think STEFAN needs to more on.

3. Jewels says:

Is it just me or do they all seem frustrated with Ian Somerhalder? lol

• lucg19 says:

I was frustrated with Ian, I love the guy but he was kind of a camera hog here answering FOR paul?!

• Kate'shomesick says:

He’s someone that tends to talk too much ands make smart-ass-comments and because people can’t really be angry with him they are being kind of passive-agressive about it, like laughing at him. I know those situations. There are days when I just can’t seem to keep my mouth shut :D. It’s difficult.

• . says:

I AM TIRED OF HIM

4. Tori says:

I wonder if Bonnie get to meet her ancestor,who created the vampire spell with Silas as well as created the otherside for the supernaturals?

• Ian says:

Yeah, I hope she’ll get something like that. I’m worried they just sacrificed her character to bring Jeremy back for Elena’s sake, and she won’t have much of a storyline again. She’s the witch and she’s dead now, makes her a lot more interesting than all the love plots this show’s obsessed with.

Kat and Paul were adorable together this whole interview too.

5. Babybop says:

DANG Ian Somerhalder is sexy. How did you sit in the same room with him and not melt?

6. me says:

IAN WAS RUDEEEE

7. DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

So they’re attempting to pull a Glee here and go back and forth?

8. Mikael says:

I was hoping we’d get Stefan/Caroline this year, but since Silas is around, I guess that will have to wait. Maybe Caroline is the one to notice that it’s not the real Stefan.

9. Danasha says:

I Want to know WHY Does Silas Want Katherine Maybe becauawe ehses a Doppleganger as well and since she took the cure maybe theres a twist to that

10. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
    be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your
    next post, I will try to get the hang of it!