NBC’s Revolution in Season 2 will shed some light on a whole other area of Rachel’s backstory with the introduction of her father, to be played by 7th Heaven patriarch Stephen Collins. (Was Treat Williams unavailable? Do you think the two actors keep a scorecard?)
Rachel’s pop “brings an entirely new perspective on her, her upbringing,” exec producer Rockne S. O’Bannon shared at Comic-Con, as reported by TVGuide.com. “He’s a very important part of the world we got to inhabit in the first part of the season.”
The Revolution resumes Sept. 25, now airing Wednesdays at 8/7c.
Read for more of this weekend’s TV dish? Well….
* Fox’s Family Guy has tapped Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men), Jeff Daniels (Newsroom), Adam Levine (The Voice), Liam Neeson (Taken), Dennis Farina (Wiseguy) and Conan O’Brien as guest voices for Season 12, EW.com reports.
* Disney XD has ordered a third season of Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man, during which Spidey will answer the call to become an Avenger and thus take a step closer to becoming [see series title].
* Syfy’s Thursday night encore of Sharknado drew 1.9 million viewers, with 700K landing in the 18-49 demo — thus performing 38 percent and 24 percent better than the shlockfest’s premiere. Sequel, indeed!
* Shawn Ryan announced via Twitter that efforts to find his busted CBS pilot for Beverly Hills Cop a new TV home came up empty, though Aaron Foley and his dad Axel aren’t totally down for the count just yet:
* History unveiled at Comic-Con a trailer for Season 2 of Vikings, which started production last month. Check it out