True Blood: Insane Trailer for Final Five Episodes Warns, 'Death Ain't the End Anymore'

Get More: First Look, Video

true blood season 6 finaleBy the time True Blood closes the door on Season 6 on Aug. 18, “You’re going to feel that the show is returning to its roots,” exec producer Brian Buckner told fans at the HBO drama’s Comic-Con panel Saturday. “We’re going to try to condense the number of stories we’re telling and really make this feel like we’re coming home.”

But first, prepare for all sorts of hell to break loose, at least if the following season-ending promo (unveiled at said SDCC event) is to be accepted at face value.

VIDEO | True Blood Cast Teases Game-Changing Finale, Shares Details of “Lost” Alcide Plot

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Who the hell is Sookie eulogizing?!

Tags: ,

Comments (36)

• Gotta say that I do hope they get back to their roots. While I usually don’t mind side stories they need to somehow play into the shows main story at least a little bit and that hasn’t really been the case the last 2 seasons. Trailer looks good.

Comment by Kristoffer – July 20, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t say I totally agree. I find the show much less irritating without the stupid love triangle. Wish they’d get rid of that for good and just put Sookie with Alcide or someone not named Bill or Eric.

Comment by dude – July 20, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so they give Sookie another troubled Vampire with Warlow instead.. He’s so cheesy. Like he was created by a lonely women focus group. I rather have seen Sookie solo the whole season then that guy. And what’s up with Sam? His last girl just died and now he’s into that hot black chick. Lame.
        Don’t get me started on Alcide….at least Jessica’s still hot.

Comment by Nick C – July 20, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t say I understood more than 15% of what happened in that trailer, but I’m definitely excited to find out. what it all means.
    The talk about condensing storylines and tying it all back together is very encouraging.

Comment by wordsmith – July 20, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, that just made me so confused!

Comment by Fran – July 20, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know why they built up to Pam/Tara all last season just to kind of ignore it this year. There was a kiss 5×12 but no progress since. Too many story lines going at once and the ones that have my interest are being ignored. :-/

Comment by Lynne – July 20, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They hooked up in the season premier, but it pretty much occurred off camera. I don’t think they are done with it, but there are bigger problems right now.

Comment by CR – July 20, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Doesn’t much count if it’s not aired. ha. I just want them to move towards an actual relationship. The love is there, they just never acknowledge it. They have the potential to be a GREAT pairing. I understand all this Billith/Vampire War stuff has taken over pretty much everything, but it’d be nice if they could at least let us know that a Pam/Tara relationship is still where we’re headed. They’ve barely had any scenes together and with this whole camp scenario, doesn’t look like we’re getting any anything soon.

Comment by Lynne – July 20, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It starts out like she’s giving a eulogy for Jason, but the only person I can think of who’d Sookie would say she has feelings for that she does not want to think about must be Sam. Hate his story line this season but he’s always been a good guy. Jason would change Sookie’s life and Sam would change Bon Temps.

Comment by greyk – July 20, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you rewatch it, she never actually says anything at the funeral. When she says the feelings thing, it’s the same outfit in the Warlow scene. Since its daylight and in the family cemetery, my guess is Jason. Possibly Tara (assuming Lettie Mae demanded she plan the funeral) I think the “game changer” is all super natural’s are going to be public knowledge and Sam has to rep the shapeshifters.

Comment by Elly – July 20, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My game changer guess is that Sookie and Warlow’s union will lead to either a cure for vampires that turns them back, or that it creates something that gives vampires the ability to walk in the sun. How much scarier would they be if human’s best defense was taken away?

Comment by CR – July 20, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think the game changer is that Sookie will be turned. But giving vampires the ability to walk in the sun is a good guess too.

Comment by Castle Lover – July 21, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah her being turned is going to cost more problems she will be forever tied to Billith and Benlow and we will never be rid of the triangle.

Comment by aolani08 – July 27, 2013 01:24 PM PDT
  • I’m glad that this season was cut short by 2 episodes. It’s made the storylines a lot tighter and hasn’t dragged a long as much. I really hope season 7 is 10 episodes was, because it makes the storytelling a lot more consistent and just gets right to the point.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – July 20, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lafayette and Willa. I bet that’s who’s dying this week.

Comment by Jonesy – July 20, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!’ I WILL BURN BON TEMP DOWN IF LA FAYETTE DIES!!! Willa, meh.

Comment by Elly – July 20, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jason will be the character that’s dying (that really nice Sookie/Jason scene we got in epp 2 SCREAMED goodbye to me) and I think the real villain of season 6 will be Sarah, not the governor or Warlow.

Comment by Sarah – July 20, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While there is still a few pointless side stories, it is a lot less convoluted and messy this year. Based on what showrunner Brian Buckner said at Comic-Con, he is trying to get the show back on the right track.

Comment by John – July 20, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • honestly i believe the funeral episode will feature a human cast member because why would they have a wedding for a vampire or even a fairy. Its either Lafayette or Terry.

But i agree with some viewers that this show should focus on one or two storylines and have them to do with each other because this show has a habit of going into so many different directions that it makes it boring after awhile. Glad season 6 is picking up because Season 5 was beginning to bore alittle bit besides the vampire authority.

Comment by Gerry Rivers – July 20, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who noticed that Terry is the only one not in this preview??!!?? Im sorry but I can do with out Tara, Bill, Nora, The Newlands and even Arlene. So I guess it can be anyone’s game though.

Comment by Nicole – July 20, 2013 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, Arlene was also barely in it. I would rather Terry live and have to get his s*** together for the sake of the kids and lose Arlene. I hate her because of the books, plus I don’t think she’d take care of Felix the Armadillo. I think Nora will die as well. In Bill’s vision of vamp camp, she is not there in the sun room.

Comment by CR – July 21, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well you were right but I’m still pretty disappointed that it was Terry. Poor Andy, first 3 of his daughters and now his cousin. Not to mention they made him happy first. I’m pretty bummed, although if it had been Lafayette I’d be fuming.

Comment by CR – July 21, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bittersweet. Terry’s happiness was so brief.

After tonight’s ep, I am SOOO shipping Sooklow.

Comment by Asher – July 21, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about … Sookie going dressed that way ( as if she’s going to a funeral) to the cemetery – where also Warlow is – to “die” and become a vampire/fairy herself to save the day ? I it too crazy as idea ? And the big death being Jessica’s … or Alcide’s ?
    P.S. please, excuse my poor english, it ‘ s not my first language !

Comment by bizet_93 (@bizet_93) – July 21, 2013 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DO NOT KILL SAM OR ERIC!!!!!

Comment by Lisa – July 21, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. I have a sinking feeling that it’s Sam that dies. It kind of looks likes his name on the floral arrangement behind her. In the spoilers about the person who dies, they said it deeply affected the human population. As Andy said, Sam is kind of the leader of the human pop of Bon Temps. It will be one of Alcide’s packmembers who does it though.
    *Plus, Sam and Alcide might as well have their own web series this season, completely disconnected from everyone else. And I am OVER Alcide!*
    2. I think Sookie becomes a fae/vamp hybrid. Benlow is growing on me, On my list for Sookie, Eric is still #1 but he still better than Billith. And I like this darker, less naive Sookie.
    3. Andy will kill Jessica. Or his fae-daughter will (and let’s give her a name now!) It will happen just when she thinks she’s safe.

Comment by Asher – July 21, 2013 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching after Season 2 as I felt the show jumped the shark. There was to much going on I lost my interests. Season 1 was the best. I hope they end on a good note.

Comment by M Sapia – July 21, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like from the preview that Steve Newlin’s ex-wife is going to turn out to be the biggest antagonist this season. Also, they won’t kill off Jason as Ryan is too popular. They can kill off Sam and all the shifters as that whole story line bores.

Comment by Ronnie – July 21, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season is so jam packed with crazy stuff. I am now totally shipping Sookie and Benlow. So happy with the last episode’s ending :) The last episode was great but I felt bad about Terri. His death was skipped over, I think they should have spent more time on it. As for the big death I don’t really care as long as its not Benlow, Eric, or Jason. I’m sad it only going to be 10 episodes but it should make it more exciting! I’m eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Comment by Christina – July 21, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, could I have some theories on who Sookie says “I’d rather walk this Earth as a corpse than think about you.” to. I’m thinking Bill since she hasn’t really thought much about Eric this season. :(

Comment by HazzyDee – July 22, 2013 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im still really keen on bill and sookie. The show still shows their respect/care for each other despite obvious riffs growing in their relationships. I really hope their relationship is rekindled soon in some form :)

Comment by bell – July 22, 2013 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guud move on Luke Grimms as Jessica’s future love interest they needed some more good looking vampires on the show!

Comment by Mmm – July 23, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a true True Blood junkie, but I feel this season has jumped a lot of corners and left quite a few small things unexplained and questionable. I don’t want to see anyone die….Terry I can live without :) LOVE LOVE LOVE Pam she’s so dry, witty and has great presence. Also part of me kind of want Sookie to turn but then I’d feel gutted for Jason, anyway is Jason’s head now healed permanently by warlow? Or should we be worried?

As your maker I command you………tune in to find out ! ;)

Comment by Carl .H – July 28, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling that they will kill off Sam, Pam or Jason
    I hope they kill off Bill because he has gotten on my nerves since season 3 and I think Sookie will become Vampire/Fae and have the powers Warlow has and they will stay together and I’m liking the whole Jessica and James thing that’s cute!
    I also ship Pam and Tara!!
    It would be good if Sookie was vampire/Fae because her character will be more interesting and I think she can still have kids if she was like Warlow

Comment by Nicole – July 30, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I want is for sookie to become a mommy <3 It would make the story wry juicy

Comment by Natalie Renee – August 8, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post