True Blood: Insane Trailer for Final Five Episodes Warns, 'Death Ain't the End Anymore'

true blood season 6 finaleBy the time True Blood closes the door on Season 6 on Aug. 18, “You’re going to feel that the show is returning to its roots,” exec producer Brian Buckner told fans at the HBO drama’s Comic-Con panel Saturday. “We’re going to try to condense the number of stories we’re telling and really make this feel like we’re coming home.”

But first, prepare for all sorts of hell to break loose, at least if the following season-ending promo (unveiled at said SDCC event) is to be accepted at face value.

VIDEO | True Blood Cast Teases Game-Changing Finale, Shares Details of “Lost” Alcide Plot

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Who the hell is Sookie eulogizing?!

1. Kristoffer says:

Gotta say that I do hope they get back to their roots. While I usually don’t mind side stories they need to somehow play into the shows main story at least a little bit and that hasn’t really been the case the last 2 seasons. Trailer looks good.

• dude says:

I can’t say I totally agree. I find the show much less irritating without the stupid love triangle. Wish they’d get rid of that for good and just put Sookie with Alcide or someone not named Bill or Eric.

• Nick C says:

so they give Sookie another troubled Vampire with Warlow instead.. He’s so cheesy. Like he was created by a lonely women focus group. I rather have seen Sookie solo the whole season then that guy. And what’s up with Sam? His last girl just died and now he’s into that hot black chick. Lame.
        Don’t get me started on Alcide….at least Jessica’s still hot.

2. wordsmith says:

I can’t say I understood more than 15% of what happened in that trailer, but I’m definitely excited to find out. what it all means.
    The talk about condensing storylines and tying it all back together is very encouraging.

3. Lynne says:

Don’t know why they built up to Pam/Tara all last season just to kind of ignore it this year. There was a kiss 5×12 but no progress since. Too many story lines going at once and the ones that have my interest are being ignored. :-/

• CR says:

They hooked up in the season premier, but it pretty much occurred off camera. I don’t think they are done with it, but there are bigger problems right now.

• Lynne says:

Doesn’t much count if it’s not aired. ha. I just want them to move towards an actual relationship. The love is there, they just never acknowledge it. They have the potential to be a GREAT pairing. I understand all this Billith/Vampire War stuff has taken over pretty much everything, but it’d be nice if they could at least let us know that a Pam/Tara relationship is still where we’re headed. They’ve barely had any scenes together and with this whole camp scenario, doesn’t look like we’re getting any anything soon.

4. greyk says:

It starts out like she’s giving a eulogy for Jason, but the only person I can think of who’d Sookie would say she has feelings for that she does not want to think about must be Sam. Hate his story line this season but he’s always been a good guy. Jason would change Sookie’s life and Sam would change Bon Temps.

• Elly says:

If you rewatch it, she never actually says anything at the funeral. When she says the feelings thing, it’s the same outfit in the Warlow scene. Since its daylight and in the family cemetery, my guess is Jason. Possibly Tara (assuming Lettie Mae demanded she plan the funeral) I think the “game changer” is all super natural’s are going to be public knowledge and Sam has to rep the shapeshifters.

• CR says:

My game changer guess is that Sookie and Warlow’s union will lead to either a cure for vampires that turns them back, or that it creates something that gives vampires the ability to walk in the sun. How much scarier would they be if human’s best defense was taken away?

• Castle Lover says:

I think the game changer is that Sookie will be turned. But giving vampires the ability to walk in the sun is a good guess too.

• aolani08 says:

Yeah her being turned is going to cost more problems she will be forever tied to Billith and Benlow and we will never be rid of the triangle.

5. I’m glad that this season was cut short by 2 episodes. It’s made the storylines a lot tighter and hasn’t dragged a long as much. I really hope season 7 is 10 episodes was, because it makes the storytelling a lot more consistent and just gets right to the point.

6. Jonesy says:

Lafayette and Willa. I bet that’s who’s dying this week.

7. Sarah says:

I think Jason will be the character that’s dying (that really nice Sookie/Jason scene we got in epp 2 SCREAMED goodbye to me) and I think the real villain of season 6 will be Sarah, not the governor or Warlow.

8. John says:

While there is still a few pointless side stories, it is a lot less convoluted and messy this year. Based on what showrunner Brian Buckner said at Comic-Con, he is trying to get the show back on the right track.

9. Gerry Rivers says:

honestly i believe the funeral episode will feature a human cast member because why would they have a wedding for a vampire or even a fairy. Its either Lafayette or Terry.

But i agree with some viewers that this show should focus on one or two storylines and have them to do with each other because this show has a habit of going into so many different directions that it makes it boring after awhile. Glad season 6 is picking up because Season 5 was beginning to bore alittle bit besides the vampire authority.

10. Nicole says:

Am I the only one who noticed that Terry is the only one not in this preview??!!?? Im sorry but I can do with out Tara, Bill, Nora, The Newlands and even Arlene. So I guess it can be anyone’s game though.

• CR says:

Nope, Arlene was also barely in it. I would rather Terry live and have to get his s*** together for the sake of the kids and lose Arlene. I hate her because of the books, plus I don’t think she’d take care of Felix the Armadillo. I think Nora will die as well. In Bill’s vision of vamp camp, she is not there in the sun room.

• CR says:

Well you were right but I’m still pretty disappointed that it was Terry. Poor Andy, first 3 of his daughters and now his cousin. Not to mention they made him happy first. I’m pretty bummed, although if it had been Lafayette I’d be fuming.

11. What about … Sookie going dressed that way ( as if she’s going to a funeral) to the cemetery – where also Warlow is – to “die” and become a vampire/fairy herself to save the day ? I it too crazy as idea ? And the big death being Jessica’s … or Alcide’s ?
    P.S. please, excuse my poor english, it ‘ s not my first language !

12. Lisa says:

DO NOT KILL SAM OR ERIC!!!!!

13. Asher says:

1. I have a sinking feeling that it’s Sam that dies. It kind of looks likes his name on the floral arrangement behind her. In the spoilers about the person who dies, they said it deeply affected the human population. As Andy said, Sam is kind of the leader of the human pop of Bon Temps. It will be one of Alcide’s packmembers who does it though.
    *Plus, Sam and Alcide might as well have their own web series this season, completely disconnected from everyone else. And I am OVER Alcide!*
    2. I think Sookie becomes a fae/vamp hybrid. Benlow is growing on me, On my list for Sookie, Eric is still #1 but he still better than Billith. And I like this darker, less naive Sookie.
    3. Andy will kill Jessica. Or his fae-daughter will (and let’s give her a name now!) It will happen just when she thinks she’s safe.

14. M Sapia says:

I stopped watching after Season 2 as I felt the show jumped the shark. There was to much going on I lost my interests. Season 1 was the best. I hope they end on a good note.

15. Ronnie says:

It looks like from the preview that Steve Newlin’s ex-wife is going to turn out to be the biggest antagonist this season. Also, they won’t kill off Jason as Ryan is too popular. They can kill off Sam and all the shifters as that whole story line bores.

16. Christina says:

This season is so jam packed with crazy stuff. I am now totally shipping Sookie and Benlow. So happy with the last episode’s ending :) The last episode was great but I felt bad about Terri. His death was skipped over, I think they should have spent more time on it. As for the big death I don’t really care as long as its not Benlow, Eric, or Jason. I’m sad it only going to be 10 episodes but it should make it more exciting! I’m eagerly awaiting the next episode.

17. HazzyDee says:

Ok, could I have some theories on who Sookie says “I’d rather walk this Earth as a corpse than think about you.” to. I’m thinking Bill since she hasn’t really thought much about Eric this season. :(

18. bell says:

Im still really keen on bill and sookie. The show still shows their respect/care for each other despite obvious riffs growing in their relationships. I really hope their relationship is rekindled soon in some form :)

19. Mmm says:

Guud move on Luke Grimms as Jessica’s future love interest they needed some more good looking vampires on the show!

20. Carl .H says:

I’m a true True Blood junkie, but I feel this season has jumped a lot of corners and left quite a few small things unexplained and questionable. I don’t want to see anyone die….Terry I can live without :) LOVE LOVE LOVE Pam she’s so dry, witty and has great presence. Also part of me kind of want Sookie to turn but then I’d feel gutted for Jason, anyway is Jason’s head now healed permanently by warlow? Or should we be worried?

As your maker I command you………tune in to find out ! ;)

21. Nicole says:

I have a feeling that they will kill off Sam, Pam or Jason
    I hope they kill off Bill because he has gotten on my nerves since season 3 and I think Sookie will become Vampire/Fae and have the powers Warlow has and they will stay together and I’m liking the whole Jessica and James thing that’s cute!
    I also ship Pam and Tara!!
    It would be good if Sookie was vampire/Fae because her character will be more interesting and I think she can still have kids if she was like Warlow