Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Opens Up About Cory Monteith's Death, Finn Tribute Episode, How Grieving Lea Michele Has 'Been a Rock'

Ryan Murphy Glee Cory MonteithOn Friday, Fox announced that production on Glee would be pushed back until August in the wake of Cory Monteith‘s sudden death last week. The postponement subsequently moved the show’s Season 5 premiere back a week, to Sept. 26.

The relatively short delay was met with surprise given the enormity of the tragedy, particularly for the show’s leading lady and Monteith’s real-life girlfriend Lea Michele.

Here, Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy breaks his silence on the actor’s passing, explains the thinking behind the brief postponement (and the role Michele played in the decision), reveals the show’s plan to explore the death of Monteith’s character and offers the first glimpse of how Glee will carry on without Finn.

RELATED | Cory Monteith’s 10 Best Glee Moments

TVLINE | Thanks for your time. I know you wanted to talk a little bit about the reason for the one-week delay and why it wasn’t longer. Some people thought maybe it should be.
Well, it’s such uncharted water for me, personally. We had several options. We could delay shooting until November, we could delay shooting until January. But, ultimately, what we decided to do for the cast and crew was start shooting with something that we had already written. We had written two Beatles episodes in May and had been working on that tribute for four years. We just decided that it would probably be the best for everybody to get back together and be working and have grief counselors on set for two weeks, which we’re going to do. But, ultimately, we made no decisions without consulting Lea. [Executive producer] Brad Falchuk and I talked to Lea and really asked her what she wanted to do. We laid out every possible option. And she was very adamant that she thought it was best for the cast and crew to get back together sooner [rather] than later so that mortgages could be paid and people could take care of their families. Cory was so beloved that she felt people really needed to be together in this time. So we sort of followed her lead.

TVLINE | Will you address Finn’s absence in the first two episodes?
I don’t think so. We were supposed to be on in the fall with four episodes, and that’s just not going to happen. So we’re going to go on the air with two episodes and right now we’re writing the third episode, which deals with Finn’s death – which, you can imagine, is a very difficult episode to write. [It] has to be done very carefully and with a lot of taste and really making sure that it’s a tribute to Cory. Then, who knows? Maybe we’ll wait to shoot that. We really have to see how everybody feels… We’re going to take a long writers’ hiatus after that episode to refigure the season and continue to take care of the cast and crew and work on setting things up in Cory’s honor – scholarships, what have you – because that’s something we’re dedicated to doing. It’s just a crazy, really difficult, very emotional time. I think what we’re really trying to do is deal with it as a family, which is what that group of people is. Lea is obviously very grief-stricken but she’s also one of the strongest people I know. She wants people to be better and get back to work. So that’s what we’re going to do.

TVLINE | So Lea will be back with the show at the start of Season 5, including the Beatles two-parter?
Yes. She wants to be with people. The [Glee] family is her family. She wants to be with the cast and the crew.

TVLINE | The tribute episode will be shot immediately after the two-parter, then you go on hiatus?
Yes. I mean, who knows how long it’s going to take to craft and what it’s going to be? I just got back into town Tuesday from shooting [HBO’s The Normal Heart] and immediately, even in New York, was dealing with the specifics of Cory’s death. I don’t have all the answers. But I just wanted people to know that no decision has been taken lightly and it’s been a week where everyone, from [20th Century Fox TV chiefs] Dana Walden and Gary Newman to [Fox bosses] Kevin Reilly and Peter Rice to [21st Century Fox chairman and CEO] Rupert Murdoch, everyone has weighed in and wanted us to do the best thing for the cast and crew.

RELATED VIDEO | Glee‘s Jane Lynch Remembers Cory Monteith: ‘I Don’t Think He Left One Day Unlived’

TVLINE | And in terms of what fans will see on TV, the two Beatles episodes will air, followed by the tribute episode, and then a hiatus?
Yes. It’s impossible to start the season with the tribute episode; we have no time to prepare it.

TVLINE | You mentioned that you’ve spoken to Lea. A lot of people are really curious about how she’s holding up.
It’s just a very tragic thing. It’s been a very difficult thing for all of us, including Lea, to love someone who is an addict. It’s something all of us have been dealing with for many months. It’s a disease and, unfortunately, the disease flared up. As soon as we found out, we staged an intervention with Cory that Lea was 100 percent running, out of love and trying to get him better, saying, “Look. Don’t worry about your job; you will always have a job. Don’t worry about fear. Don’t worry about shame. Just worry about getting better and getting stronger…” He was like a son to me… He was both very loving and very sweet and also very stubborn. I really expected him to fight me. He wanted to finish those last two episodes of [Season 4], and that’s when we found out about the addiction flaring up again and I said, “F–k no. We’re writing you out of these episodes. Your life is more important than any stupid TV show. You’re not going to film. You’re going to get in a car right now and get help that I and Brad and Lea have arranged.” I thought he was going to fight me. He said, instead, “OK, I’m so glad it’s over.” He embraced it and went without a fight and got in a car and went to rehab.

RELATED | Dianna Agron and Naya Rivera Remember Co-Star Cory Monteith

TVLINE | And you thought he was doing OK?
All early reports were that he was doing really well. I spoke to him, and he was really grateful. Lea was very instrumental in trying to save his life and get him the help that he needed and I think for everyone, including myself and her, it’s just a shock. It happened so quickly and without warning, as it often does for many people… She’s also been a rock for many people as well. I’ve never, ever met a 26-year-old girl or boy who’s capable of doing what she’s done in the past week. I marvel at it. I really have taken – as we all have – our lead from Lea. We won’t do anything that she doesn’t want to do. We’re planning a memorial service this week for the cast and crew and people at Fox, everybody who loved him. She’s been planning that and making decisions.

TVLINE | Do you have a memory of Cory that epitomizes who he was for you?
The thing that I struggle with is the darkness that befell him, it was so the opposite of the person that I knew and tried to save. It was a really hard part to cast. The first time I saw Cory was on a videotape where he was playing Tupperware drums. But he was in the first scene of the first shot when I directed the Glee pilot. It was a scene with Mr. Schue and Finn where they were in Mr. Schue’s office and Mr. Schue was framing him. It was a very strange pilot and it was a musical, which nobody had really done successfully. So people were nervous, I was nervous about it. And I remember after his first take, he came up to me and said, “This is gonna be fun.”

1. Sam says:

They just have to kill him off. He can’t just disappear. He was part of THE power couple, he was one of the VERY main characters, from beginning to end. He hadn’t even officially gotten out of Lima. I just– It’d be SO out of character if he died from an overdose but, either way, he has to die. Finchel was supposed to be endgame. Obviously it’s not going to be now, and no one would watch with a recast. It may be hard for us all, but we truly need some closure, we all do. And the only thing that’ll do that is a tribute episode, for me anyway. I hope they make his death sweet, so it’ll be the way he lived, helping others. Maybe they’ll have him be a bit stupid and go back to the army, jn honor of his dad, you know? As long as he’s not in Lima when it happens, and they have a funeral with a CLOSED casket (if they decide to have one in the show) I think it’ll be okay. We’ll neer forget him, that’s for sure. I just wish people wouldn’t judge him because the way he left us. He was a good, amazing, and beautiful man, he was kind-hearted, I know for a fact. He would do anything for anyone, and THAT’S what he should be known for. Rest In Peace, Cory xx <3 Love an miss you. c:

• jennrae says:

A closed casket? Why, you don’t want to see his body? You think they’ve got some kind of Weekend at Bernies situation going on? Cory’s already been cremated, btw.

People understand Cory won’t actually be in his tribute episode, right? Because a lot of the comments are starting to scare me.

2. Rosie says:

So incredibly proud of Lea right now! She is clearly such a strong, caring, brave individual and I’m sure the tribute will be appropriate and moving or else she would not have agreed to go back.

3. Kristine says:

First, I thanl Ryan Murphy for being so open about this whole awful situation. I think that kiling Finn off is the way to go. It will give the cast/crew/fans a last chance to grieve for him, kinda like a wake for Cory that everyone can be a part of. It will undoubtedly be extremely heartbreaking and emotional for everyone, but it will be art imitating life. This last week everyone has been so interested in hearing something from Lea, Chris, Darren, etc. When this episode airs, people will finally be able to see their reaction and emotions, because the pain will be real. It will be closure for a lot of fans.

4. Joey says:

Glad they’ll take a break after filming the first two episode. it gonna be hard writing Finn’s death on the show.

5. Alia says:

Maybe they should end the show.

• amy says:

If it weren’t for your comment I’d think you didn’t know how to read. Read the article again about how many people will lose their jobs and how Lea doesn’t want that to happen.

6. Mick says:

Between what is happening with the American Horror Story cast and Cory Monteith’s death this has been a hard week for Ryan Murphy. Sorry for his loss.

7. madgotdrunk says:

I prefer for Finn to die like how it was in real life. Maybe not in the same intensity of addiction like how it really was but with the similar outcome. It won’t make sense to the viewers to make a different story out of it. Everybody’s already in grief.

• Leyla says:

That wouldn’t make it a tribute then. If they bring Cory’s struggles into this then that’s not a tribute, that’s just one of Ryan’s terrible “life lesson” episodes. It’s not going to serve as a tribute to Finn or Cory, but make people only remember them as addicts which is wrong on so many levels. That would be the WORST thing for Glee to do.

• Anne says:

There’s already too much actor/character bleed on this show.

8. broadway proud says:

Lea Michele is an amazing woman, major respect for her.

9. Cat B. says:

However Cory’s family & Lea think Finn should die is how he should die. I’m glad Ryan is letting Lea decide on how the show should proceed.

10. Nikki says:

I think this interview was great, very sad, but well-done. Ryan Murphey was very honest, but also respectful. I am relieved that they will be killing off the character of Finn. If they had sent the character away or recasted, it would have been horrible this far into the series and with Cory being a core cast member since the beginning. I hope that it is well-done because there have been some topics Glee has covered that were just poorly handled and with something so personal, so important they cannot afford to make a mistake with this tribute. I really appreciate that Ryan has been letting Lea lead as to where to go, what to do; she was more than another castmember, she was his long-time, serious girlfriend and this loss must be life-shattering to her and for her to make these big decisions, taking into consideration not only her own feelings, but that of the cast and crew is remarkable. I pray for Cory’s family, the Glee cast and crew, his fans, and Lea. And my Cory rest in peace because, at the end of the day, that is what is most important.

11. I think the writers should have Finn die from an OD….it would be a great time to discuss drugs and not just brush stuff under the rug.

• Leyla says:

No. Definitely not. They shouldn’t do that at all. It wouldn’t make it a tribute then. If they bring Cory’s struggles into this then that’s not a tribute, that’s just one of Ryan’s terrible “life lesson” episodes. It’s not going to serve as a tribute to Finn or Cory, but make people only remember them as addicts which is wrong on so many levels. That would be the WORST thing for Glee to do.

12. Taylor says:

Great answers from Ryan Murphy. I admire Lea Michele so much, ultimately she saved the show and us fans can never thank her enough. What a brave soul. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s nominated for an Emmy next year, bc she totally deserves it for what she is about to go threw with these first couple of episodes.
    As for writing Finn off on the show, I think Finn should die the same way that Cory died. I mean the last time we saw Finn, he was partying with Puck in college so it wouldn’t be totally unrealistic. It would also be a good way for Glee to address the topic of addiction issues. I love the newbies but the Cory tribute episode needs to revolve around the originals (Ryan Murphy is a smart guy so I assume he will focus on the the originals, so no worries).

• Leyla says:

13. Am I the only one who can’t wait for the Beatle episodes?

14. Angela says:

Sounds like they’ve got a pretty reasonable way to handle this. I’m glad to know that there will be people on set to help everyone through this and that they’re going to take some time to figure out how to proceed as normal. I know people joke about this show’s inability to handle serious issues most of the time, and indeed, they have a point…but I honestly believe they’ll be able to handle this tragedy in a respectful, eloquent, moving manner when that episode comes up. I hope everything works out to everyone’s satisfaction.
    As for Lea…sigh. My god, she sounds like an amazing person. I admire her strength and resilience, and I’m glad she was able to have some input on how to handle this. I hope she’ll be able to find comfort in being around friends and getting back to work.
    Best of luck to everybody.

15. Allyson says:

A week later, I am still in shock that Cory is dead. Addiction is a disease and if anyone tells you otherwise, they are wrong. Cory/Finn will be missed and I think the way Ryan Murphy and company are handling this tragedy is wonderful. You can never really prepare for something like this and I think the decisions they are making including consulting with Lea is the smart thing to do. It sounds like everyone in the cast loved him and treated him like family. Cory was very open about his struggles with addiction unlike other stars who are suffering from it.

16. Rob R says:

Ryan Murphy and Lea Michele = CLASS ACT. Trying to save the person they loved, and now, in tragedy, trying to be respectful and sensitive with every move they make, despite their own grief. Wish I could say the same for some of the posters here. Gotta love the Internet and the freedom to be stupid anonymously.

17. Andrea says:

very good interview from RM

I’m intrigued with this season for all the wrong reasons. I know for sure that the episode where Finn dies is gonna be just terrible for them to film and for us to watch. I’m curious as to how exactly Finn’s gonna die though. Cory’s cause of death wouldn’t be believable so I wanna see how it’ll be written. If it was me I’d write Finn out as having died of an enlarged heart because I’ve heard all these stories of how Cory was such a nice guy and think it’d just be fitting if his character died of a heart that was too big :-/. I just hope they don’t screw it up.

Also I really, REALLY hope that the reactions to Finn’s death are only mentioned and not shown. I can’t imagine what it would be like to film because you know it’ll take them back to how and when they heard about Cory’s death and I think that’d be a bit much for any of them to handle.

• Lori says:

I agree Andrea! I hope Glee doesn’t have Finn die due to drugs…I think the show has to pay tribute to Cory while respecting the history of the show and the character of Finn and Finn would never do drugs. I’d like to see Finn die a hero…maybe saving a co-ed who was being attacked or better yet, saving Puck from being mugged! That would open the door to bring Puck back and have him reform but still keep an edge. He could move to NYC to pursue a music career and keep an eye on Rachel since that is what Finn would have wanted. He and Rachel would get closer and he could support her as she copes with losing Finn and playing the lead in her first Broadway show. Maybe something eventually happens with Rachel and Puck or maybe Rachel gets involved with her leading man or the leading man’s understudy depending on what Lea can handle and wants to do.

18. Cynthia says:

Off screen car crash. It’s sudden, unexpected, and doesn’t need much explanation when addressed, so they can focus on the grieving/memorial instead of the cause of death. The drug issue can be dealt with a well written story-arch on a different character (ex:Sam/ being unceremoniously dumped, or maybe Ryder/ angry and frustrated for being lied to, or anyone else in Lima that needs a storyline).
    Finn + drug overdose= BAD TASTE, disrespectful and out of character.
    If you really want him to die a hero, let him run into a burning building (off screen obvs.), yet I find it unnecessary.

• RachelA says:

I would say car crash, expect they already did that with Quinn, and it feels a bit repetitive. I mean repetitive is not the worst thing in the world, if they decided to go that route. But I think there are other accidents or possible deaths that would make sense and wouldn’t seem so redundant. I kind of want Finn to have his own death, if you know what I mean. Frankly I’d like it to be a bit heroic, and selfless. I don’t know what exactly. Just something that does his character justice and doesn’t rely on the banal.

19. Lori says:

I think this was a very nice interview and it was good of Ryan to share some insight into what happened with Cory, how Lea is coping and the future direction of the show with the fans. For all the people making negative comments here – unless you have real experience with addiction you need to step back! I have a nephew who is a recovering heroin addict and unless you’ve had firsthand experience you can’t imagine what it is like to see a kid from a good family who plays football, has lots of friends, no money troubles, parents still together, everything in line for a good life who throws it all away with one bad decision that turns into a lot of bad decisions! He’s overdosed twice with no permanent damage and done two stints in rehab; the first for 30 days that was a complete waste since he relapsed almost immediately, the second for 90 days in a male only facility followed by another 90 days in a halfway house – both out of state because he knew he couldn’t get clean in an area where it would be so easy to get the drug and to see people who were still using. He’s been clean for almost a year now but we all worry that it won’t last and that he will one day slip and that will be it. Heroin is the toughest drug to kick and until you’ve lived or watched someone you love try and kick the habit you’ll never understand…

20. Once all of the memorials and all are said and done, THAT’S when it hits you. Lea is strong now, she’s keeping busy, but its only been a week, and eventually it will hit her like a truck.

• Cathy says:

Agreed; she is probably still in shock.

• Timmah says:

I wonder too if her rushing back to work is really a good idea. I think maybe they should just write her character and Cory’s out of the show for a few months until they can figure out how to deal with it properly.

• Andrea says:

I agree that it really hasn’t hit her yet. His memorial service is when it’ll really touch her. I think that and the first day back to set will be the roughest times for her. It’s admirable that she wants to get back so quick but idk if everything’s gonna go as planned. Wouldn’t be surprised if she changed her mind and her character didn’t return until after the hiatus.

21. B says:

I think killing the character of Finn is the right decision and I think that making it the same as how Cory died is the right decision as well. I don’t think heroin should be the drug they use I think they should do more of a Heath Ledger route and make it be a lethal combination of two drugs that just don’t mix we’ll together. Cory was open about his drug addiction in the end and wanted his story of addiction to help someone so by making the tribute episode a drug episode. By making the tribute episode a drug episode they would be helping people in similar situations which is something that Cory wanted. The show has actually set the stage for Finn to die from drugs. If you remember back to season 3 Finns dad came back from the army and had a drug addiction and ended up dying from an overdose. Finn was also a big parties in college and if you watch Cory’s last episode Puck tells him that he’s been partying to much and needs to stop and focus on school. That scene always felt more like Mark Salling talking to Cory Monteith about his drug problem then Puck telling Finn he’s been drinking to much. I’ve seen a lot of people talking bad about How Lea is reacting but I’m curious if any of those people have lost someone really close to them suddenly and without any warning. I have and I did whatever I could to stay busy and try to keep my mind off of it. It has been almost a year and I still keep my mind busy. Honestly it’s because the reality of the situation is to much to bear and you feel like if you stop for just a second then your whole world is just going to crash down on you and you won’t be able to breathe anymore. Is Lea ambitious? Yes, but she was in love with Cory. She wanted to marry him and have a family with him and now he is gone and she is doing whatever she can to stay busy so she doesn’t completely lose it. When Lea went to Mexico she probably thought he would be fine in Toronto because he’d have friends and family to call if any thing was wrong. I know what it is like to have a loved one that is an addict and most of them are really convincing when they tell you that they are committed to staying sober. The only person responsible for what happened to Cory is Cory. Lea is a young women who just lost the love of her life so maybe people should cut her some slack right now.

22. Suzanna says:

From all reports they were very much in love and from looking at them, I believe it. But, still a young love, in terms of a lifetime. How many years would the relationship have been able to last if he continued to use drugs. So the future possibly, was not so bright for Lea and Cory. That she loved him and tried to get him help, is what is true and what matters. That his friends and family loved him and tried to get him help, that is the truth and cannot be changed. Anything else about the future is just ‘opinions’ and ‘mind games’ that are meaningless. Of course GLEE has to have Lea be part of the decisions about how to proceed, after all she will be the major character in the show to play the scenes and relive the death of her love. If she just can’t do it GLEE will have to make some hard decisions. Losing the 2 main characters in a TV show would be devastating to the show. I don’t see how there is any other choice, but to have her make key decisions. I don’t know Cory, but if his interview in Parade a couple of years ago is any indication, I think he would have wanted how he died to be honest, and a way to help people realize and possibly change/save someone. Every interview, article, person who talks about him says what a good, kind, supportive,loving person he was and as one reporter says there was no one with a bad word to say about him which is unheard of in Hollywood. He was generous and using his celebrity to help others, kind to friends and fans. If this is the truth that Lea and Glee what people to know about Cory then wishing them every blessing. Because, how we die, is just a instant in time, a blip on the radar. But, how we lived and what we accomplish, no matter how long or short we were here, is what matters.

23. Rachel says:

I’m sure Lea is eating up all the sympathy she’s getting. Her decision to have the show go into production again do soon likely has little to do with wanting the crew to be able to pay their bills and more to do with continuing to play to performance of her life. Grief stricken girlfriend who lost her boyfriend. The world is her stage and she probably hasn’t cried one genuine tear.

• Robert says:

Hey Rachel, shut the hell up! You’re “sure”, about a lot of things aren’t you? How do you know? Nah, your just another disgusting troll making assumptions about things you know nothing about. What a nothing you are–ever lost someone? Well I have and reading the cr@p remarks from creeps like you makes me sick. I’d say grow up, but that ship has sailed. You should do some soul searching–maybe you’ll find one….

24. Kerry says:

This is so tragic. I understand why people say that it was ultimately up to him to make this choice, but what they don’t understand is that he COULDN’T stop. This isn’t something like the flu where you take a pill and get better, this is a disease. It can take months even years to fix, I know from personal experience with my uncle who was an alcoholic and heroin addict. At least they tried. At least they supported him. Not many addicts get those chances. Cory was a very caring, professional, loving person. He was an amazing singer and actor. At least he’s in a better place now that he isn’t addicted anymore. He’s clean & happy. ~xo

25. Anna says:

Ausiello, Thank you.

26. Katie says:

So funny that anyone would think Lea wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to rush back to work. Lea’s biggest priority is Lea. She’s self obsessed and her biggest concern this week has probably been how she looks as well as controlling all aspects of the aftermath of Cory’s death. His mother likely had no say in anything.

27. Igo says:

Wow haters started to heat up here, you guys actually look so pathetic and completely insane mind w your ‘analysis’ and accusation. My heart goes to all the cast and crew and of course his family and girlfriend. I just hope the tribute of cory won’t be the PSA filled episode and i hope the original casts along with finn’s mother will take the center stage

28. I loved Cory – i loved his Glee character, Finn. i loved the knowing/sad/vulnerable thing Cory did so well playing that part….I have been shocked and heartbroken all this week to learn that it had such a real base for him…..

He brought me joy – you don’t get to say that about many people.

i wish we could go back ten days and surround him again with love and people who were strong enough to take him out of Vanc and back to safety.

i’m glad the show will be taking a break – i need to take a break – just a fan, but i feel as shocked and saddened and bewildered as i did when i lost my best friend some years back – i can’t imagine what this is like for the people who were close and loved him

29. Jess says:

Im a fan of Cory Monteith, He was a great guy, so generous, special and fun! I think the best for the show is a tribute for Cory and a car crash for Finn where he can die… he will never be forgotten but its a way to close this chapter and move on. I think Im just going to see the first 5 episode of next season to see how they are going to handle the things but for me is not glee without Cory.. without Finn love story with Rachel.

I dont want to sound like a b*tch but in Hollywood things are not easy. Im sure Lea loved Cory and that she helped a lot but lets be honest, they were dating for 1 year and a half… maybe in two years they will not be together (Young couples in hollywood are together for three years of romance as much), this is a business and Ryan and some people around Lea will take advantage of this sad end. I know glee cast have bills to pay but I cant understand the decision of Lea of start shooting so fast (i know she has to move on but please if she is the devastated girlfriend she should be crying now not thinking in the show, Cory died just one week ago). Her needs to control everything makes me think that maybe she wants that we see her as a victim, as an angel, as the most sweet girl in the earth but let me tell you something his family (specially her mother) is devastated.. Cory’s fans are devastated (nothing like the love of a fan, you just love your idol no matter what) but Lea? well im sure she is so sad (they spent so many stories together) but Im sure she goes to move on so soon as everybody in Hollywood! you are going to see Lea in Emmys awards (if your boyfriend died you are going to a party or an event so soon?) and in 3 or 4 months she will be dating with someone else. They were in love I have no doubt but I dont think their love was so deep at all.

Notice that im not saying she is a b*tch, probably you are going to say Im! but it’s not all a bed of roses! at the end just your family love you sincerely!

I hope corys death help others to stay out of problems. Drugs are not a easy. you dont control of your life once you try it. Im going to miss you Cory! he was so generous (he helped 3 charity organization), he wasnt the kind of guy that is famous and started to consume drugs because is cool… His problem was from he was 13 years old (you dont know what is good or bad at this time) in a dysfunctional family, with friends who provided him with drugs .. its more hard!

Hope you are resting in peace now Cory… Im going to miss you my canadian boy..

• Katie T says:

You may not directly be calling Lea a b**ch but that is clearly the attitude you are portraying by your comments that soundlike you’re talking about facts rather than opinions.
      It is absolutely disrespectful to suggest that Lea isn’t as devastated as Cory’s family, as is the suggestion that only family can love someone sincerely. There will be lots of people in the world that are loved more by friends and their own partners than they are by parents and other family members. Sincere love is not exclusive to family.
      As for Lea going to the Emmys, maybe she will and maybe she won’t but it’s not a sign of how much she loved Cory. Are you saying she should basically just stop her whole life because she’s lost the man she loves? And claiming she’ll be dating again in 3 or 4 months is just ridiculous. You’re sure she’ll move on like everyone else in Hollywood? You can’t be sure of everything as you don’t know Lea and you don’t have any idea about their relationship.
      And the fact that she and everyone else at Glee have decided to go back to work next month is no indication of whether she’s crying or not! If she wasn’t an actress and wad in a normal job she’d have to be back to work even before then so going back to work isn’t an indication of anything

• Jess says:

Going back to work isn’t an indication of anything – Im agree with you at this point but remember that ALL who leave comments here are assuming! none of us is a close friends of Lea, Cory or glee cast to know if you have to see the good side of things or the bad.!! We are assuming and everyone has a different point of view. I talking about things that happen in hollywood! Im not saying nothing unreal. These things happen all day. About if she goes to Emmys or not… I keep my point of view… is too soon for a devastated girlfriend. Take time to assimilate a death! Im just a fan and Im still in shock with her death .. I hear his music everyday .. 5 or 10 times in a day! and I dont knew him.. so I cant imagine the pain of his closest frinds and family… so I hope she can handle things with care.. just that!

I hope I’m wrong but it may happen. Lea needs to move on, I agree with that, but she also needs to be so carefully to avoid hurting feelings. I’m just saying that I hope that her behavior can be like Michelle Williams when Heath Ledger died, even though they were separated. She took her time, with no cameras, no paparazzis and now she has been reborn as a star!

• AnnaN says:

You don’t want to “sound like a b*tch”? Too late, you sound like a mega one. I seriously do not understand the horrible comments some people leave about someone they obviously don’t know. You know everything about goes on in Hollywood? B.S. Just as your passive aggressive comments about Lea Michele only expose your childish jealousy. Obviously, you have never lost a loved one, because, if you had, you would realize the first few months after the loss you just go through the motions. You are numb to everything else. Creepy comments like yours are just disgusting on so many levels. You (and the few other hate monger’s comments) claim to be massive fans of Cory Moneith–how do you imagine he would view such vicious comments? From all the interviews I’ve seen in print and on TV, he came across as a decent, warm human being. Obviously, he had problems and tried to handle them, attacking someone he cared for would probably disgust him. Shame on you.

30. Jazzcolfer says:

Everything ryan murphy says is the basics in many working environments. Having counsel therapy is the least they can do when a tragedy like this happens, is required and sometimes for more than two weeks.
    Same regarding postponing the shooting. One week isn’t the end of the world for Fox and it’ll give the writers some time to write the tribute episode. Ryan is doing his job and what he says here is what half a descent human being would have done.
    I don’t work in hollywood but many celebrities has and still battle with addictions, deasese (micheal c hall got cancer), depression or just being pregnant without losing their contract at all. Since when writers can’t write around actors who have issues or obligations for awhile ? Yet, Ryan Murphy explains how he generously reassured Cory.
    When the media falsely announced that the original cast wouldn’t be returning, absolutely none of them went « that can’t be true, Ryan woudn’t do that to us, let alone without telling us». I don’t mean to say they’re unhappy, of course they must be, even though the series went downhill, it’s still a great job and they get paid very well. But, nothing ryan says here makes me believe that he is doing more than what he is supposed to do because it’s his job after all.
    Frankly, I wouldn’t trust Glee post season 2 to deal with the death of a character. I’m already sorry and pained for the cast who will relieve their loss in the context of what glee has become. I hope they’ll find enough comfort in their families to keep on being sane in an environment that isn’t always as glamourous as it seems.
    Sorry for not being as positive as many. It just a different opinion that’s all. I’ve never been so upset over a celebrity’s death, I loved Cory Monteith.

31. Andrea says:

Another suggestion I have for Finn’s death episode? A two hour special simply titled “Finn/Cory”. I know the title breaks the fourth wall a little but I don’t think anyone would mind given the circumstamces. First hr is Finn’s death episode; second hr is the Glee cast, crew, etc remembering Cory (round table or individual clips). Maybe some clips of his interviews, a couple home movies, Glee outtakes, etc.

I understand that it would be a lot for fans to digest all at once but I think that’d be the best way to play it. Get it all out at once and then we all move forward.

32. Vicky says:

Sin Cory Glee no será lo mismo, espero escriban algo bello y emotivo, sin hacer mención a las drogas, y darle una muerte digna a Finn, un acto heróico salvando a personas, algo asi

33. Ryan says:

If Lea Michelle was trying to gain fame from Cory Monteith’s death she would have been speaking to people on her own and not wanting privacy. When you lose somebody to addiction you first feel guilt. You feel like you could have changed the circumstances and it’s fault. Trying to take on planning a funeral is what you do when you want the person that died to be remembered how they were living. It’s because you feel guilty, you feel like you could have done just one more thing to prevent the tradgetu. I know this. I know this first hand. It’ll be 2 years on Wednesday, July 24th that my brother died due to similar circumstances. I went into survivor mode the same way Lea Michelle has.

• Oni says:

Yes from what i’ve seen lea has been quite since cory’s death and only her rep spoke on behalf of her and the other people who talked about lea were only ryan and cory’s cousin. It’s really a shame that even when she grieved for her boyfriend and has been staying low since cory’s death people are still so insensitive and bash her calling her stuff etc like they are not human being with heart and feeling

• So, Cory died, the same week that i learned that my brother is an addict. In fact he has been one since he was 15 years old, perhaps younger. When I look at my brother, whom I love fiercely, I can see all the hidden pain, and all of the shame just mounting upon him. I see guilt. I see such intense sadness. This same week, (the one that Cory died) , my brother has been trying to go cold turkey off of a drug. I am now , very afraid, that my brother, will take his life in a similar way that Cory did. I’m wondering if Cory went into it that night, intending to die. Many have said that “addiction” is a disease. So, I am wondering now, about my brother’s disease. This is obviously a life threatening disease, much as serious suicidal depression is. I can’t help but to wonder, actually, if Cory was put on anti depressants or other psycho-active drugs, and perhaps they ended up having a very bad effect on him….seems that that could easily lead an addict back to the drugs that make him feel better/good in the first place. The drugs that push the pain from the past far, far, away. In any case, i don’t know, i have absolutely no idea how to help my stubborn brother, and I fear for what may come of his own addictions. I’ve been crying about this for days. I want to do something. Yet he and his wife are now demanding such privacy. She hasn’t got a clue about addictions. I, at least know, that he can be a liar, to himself more than anything…… the other day he admitted to me that he has easy access to this same drug, “just in case of an emergency”. What did he mean by “emergency”? I have no idea. Does anyone? Someone, please lead me to something that I could do to help my brother? Cory and my brother sound very similar, as to the best I can tell. My brother is super sweet and nice, an incredible dad, and a giver. He cares about people who are struggling, and tries to help them. He’s one of the people I love the most. I am so very scared.

• Emmanuel Hollis says:

Okay people i saw a sneak peek after watching the 2nd episode of season 5 i think they decided already what their gonna do i dunno what all i saw was the people at a locker putting down candles and flowers and notes its gonna be a sad episode . Yes but we gotta remember he is in a better place and we were blessed for him to witness his talent on “GLEE” i think Lea made her descison. . Cory is a special guy and we can’t be sad forever . And we will have those days where we cry because Cory not being there but we gotta be strong like i said. CORY WAS A GIFT FROM GOD<3

34. Katie says:

Lea’s people are already tweeting about her upcoming GQ shoots and other photo shoots. Oh yes, we should all really feel bad for her. She did pretend to mourn for a full week.

• Gleek101 says:

You are a big liar. The gq shoot was done 4 years earlier before cory died and her team have not tweeted about any shoots. Also has not pretended to grieve at all she really is grieving. You are heartless moronic liar.

35. Sarah Anne says:

It’s obvious that the decision has been made to end Finn’s life – they are not writing a TRIBUTE show for someone who moved to Seattle or Iceland. And lovers of Glee know that the writers never miss an opportunity to teach life lessons and bring the drama. Though I cannot imagine the pain the cast will feel during shooting, my money is on Finn dying of drugs or alcohol.

36. Audrey says:

Saddened and shocked by the loss, even further disheartened by the decision to go ahead with the Beatles tribute first. The tribute to Cory should come before anything else even if production is delayed further to write an episode that in some way provides a lesson yet helps people cope with the tragedy. It is a disservice to the audience, cast & crew to go ahead with the Beatles tribute prior to the remembrance for Cory as it delays closure and puts an ominous cloud over any episode until the tribute is aired. I am not sure I can even watch any episodes until after the tribute for Cory.

37. bluntsss9 says:

running like you would run a meeting.

38. Emmanuel Hollis says:

They should make a orginal songs and sing them in the 3rd episode that he loved through out glee when he was alive

39. Mimi Mahoney says:

I think it’s ironic how the show played out with Finns character being taken (all insiders knowledge aside) then shortly after he was taken in real life…HOLLYWOOD…even if the decision was a unanimous Glee decision, it was all poorly played…smh

40. For the benefit of creating an important product comparisons, we have looked at routers in this
    array that share similar characteristics such as IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi standards, 2.4-ghz band
    and double antennas. If you are searching for a new router, nothing significantly less than
    an n layer 3 switch is highly recommended.
    In case you have a wireless-g router, it will be wise to improve to your wireless n layer 3 switch.
    The latest routers additionally increase speed
    with wifi Quality of Service applications (QoS) common,
    which makes effective use of Ethernet connections by prioritizing multimedia visitors based on the application’s sensitivity to delay.

Many wireless-n routers also apply multiple-input and multiple-output
    (MIMO) radio antennae to increase speeds.