Once Upon a Time's Snow Joins Trophy Wife

Bailee_Madison_TrophyWifeOnce Upon a Time‘s (young) Snow White is now a Trophy Wife‘s stepdaughter.

ABC’s most promising freshman comedy has recast the role of testy teen Hillary (played in the original pilot by Gianna LePera) with Once fave Bailee Madison, our sister site Deadline reports — thereby fulfilling the prediction of TVLine reader Mark, who thusly collects 250 Power User points (currently of no value).

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

Trophy Wife stars Malin Akerman (Suburgatory) as Kate, a party girl who upon marrying a charming lawyer (The West Wing‘s Bradley Whitford) finds herself immersed in his very full family life, populated by three kids and two ex-wives.

With Madison’s casting, alas, they’ll now have to reshoot one of the very best parts of the pilot, wherein Kate chugs a bottle of vodka to save Hil’s bacon. Let’s hope lightning strikes twice with Akerman’s extended performance.

RELATED | Read TVLine’s Fall TV First Impression of Trophy Wife

Trophy Wife will air Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c, starting Sept. 24.

1. Maddie Mae says:

What does this mean for the Little Snow on Once Upon a Time, Matt???

• DL says:

Frankly, I’d love to see Madison McLaughlin as a teenage Snow, either in lieu of or in addition to young Snow.

• Mary says:

Why would they need to do that? Bailee is 13 (14 in October), so if they want young Snow to age a bit, a change in costuming and make up would help with that.

Right now though I have to say I’m more interested in seeing some of young Emma’s story. Not her full childhood, but it would be good to see her at some point with one of her foster families or something.

• ZmaX says:

I doubt it’ll make much difference. She only does a few episodes a season on ONCE and both these shows are produced by and air on ABC so they can easily make it work. She’s a great actress, love her on Once, and I’m very happy she’s getting more work.

2. Mark says:

Lol Matt! Thanks for the shout out :P This is MUCH better. I adore this girl in Once Upon a Time and my parents always rave about her performance in SVU. She’s a very good actress so surely she’ll shine in this show.

3. Chris says:

Dang, I didn’t fall for the “Pinnochio is a Lost Boy” link bait but you got me with this one, I thought it was about Ginnifer Goodwin. lol

4. Fira says:

You’re so talented !!!! I love you! People r so excited! Ur mother & father. And ur fans!

5. Andy says:

Matt, are you saying the points don’t matter?