Comic-Con

Teen Wolf Announces Winter Premiere Date, Reveals Hair-Raising New Trailer

Teen Wolf fans now know for long they will have to do without, after the midseason finale airs on Aug. 19.

The MTV thriller announced at Comic-Con on Thursday night that Season 3 will resume on Jan. 6, 2014.

RELATED | Shocker: Awkward Creator Abruptly Quits as Season 4 Hangs in Balance

And from the looks of this brand-new, heart-pounding, vein-popping, canine-baring trailer for what’s ahead, those 20 weeks may seem interminable. Whatever the case, it promises to be a very hot winter ahead for Scott, Stiles et al!

Get More:
MTV Shows

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Premieres, Scheduling News, Winter TV Preview

1. Adam says:

This show is my guiltiest pleasure. I can’t wait!

2. Camille says:

The show is great but the actors are teeeeeeeeeeeeeeerible. What save them is their good looks, because the acting sucks so hard.

• Adam says:

The acting in general can be pretty weak, but I think Dylan O’Brien is really a great discovery. He has great comedic chops, with timing and physical comedy.

• Lepski says:

Not just comedic. Think about the scene in Hotel California where he told Scott they were brothers and he had the tears welling up and just, cheeses, I digress, you’re right, he’s great.Personaly I think they’re all mostly great, with a few cringey moments here and there. It’s not like they’re putting their hands up to wind Oscars here, people.

• DL says:

Dylan O’Brien and Crystal Reed are good. The rest… Tyler Posey’s serious face sure looks like he needs a sit on the crapper.

• Mike R. says:

They have really improved this year. O’Brien was always great, but Crystal Reed and Tyler Posey have actually been solid this year. The cast is in no award winning, but in perspective I would not call it terrible in any way.

• Wendy says:

They acting overall has been a lot better this season than in previous ones. Of course, they’re not all excellent, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

• Melinda says:

It has. I remember in season one their serious faces made me laugh because they were so bad but now they’re pretty solid. Not as good as the actors on TVD but solid.

• Caitlyn says:

lie….. you have no clue what you are talking about

• Nora says:

Actually no, their acting is really good, so are their looks but that doesn’t mean anything. They aren’t the type of actors that were on disney channel, like the new bad actors or actresses, for example;
      Shake it up
      Austin and Ally
      A.N.T Farm

And any other crap like that.

• Robert Wood says:

Are you an expert on acting, because if you were you would not be here posting non-sense like this.

3. Steven says:

The wait is gonna be awful, but at least it won’t be a year! And Stlydia!

4. Isabelle says:

Ah! I can’t wait. First of all, I really dorked out seeing Peter all wolfed out, it’s been too long and I happen to love him. Second, oh this wait is going to suck, such an intense preview. I did think by the mid season finale we’d be done with ether the druid or the alpha pack storyline, I guessed wrong. I love this show to pieces, Jeff Davis can do no wrong in my eyes and I do think everyone on the cast plays their role believably.

• Mike R. says:

I don’t know if I misinterpreted your comment, but your prediction could remain true, and the trailer was go the last quarter of season 3a, so I think the One of the two story lines will be complete.

• Derek says:

Not gonna post any spoilers. but just watched the midseason finale. And it was without a doubt, as climactic as I had hoped it would be! I personally wasn’t diasppointed at all.

5. Sarah says:

Awesome, what a great birthday present for me :)

6. Lalala says:

I’m pretty sure the trailer is for the remaining episodes of 3a!

7. Miranda says:

I live in Canada… :( No video for me…

8. S. says:

LYDIA KISSES STILES! Oh my goodness, Lydia kisses Stiles!!!
    And does Deucalion have Scott’s mom? Or the evil Druid? Or is Deucalion the evil druid?
    So many questions, how am I supposed to wait for January!!??

9. Jules says:

I don’t care if the acting is good or not, the episodes are (especially this season) filled with so much action or heart-felt moments, I don’t even stop to think about it, but instead just enjoy watching it. And I have to say, I think that season 3 so far is their best, and a really, really good one.
    Also: Yay, Stiles and Lydia. :D

10. This is definitely only a trailer for 3A, they said it in the Comic-Con interviews more than once and that they start filming for 3B in 3 weeks.
    I kinda hoped they would announce a season 4 renewal like last year :-(

11. Rob says:

From August to January? Jeez isn’t anyone outraged about that? Are you so used to being used it doesn’t matter that seasons are half what they used to be and then divided up in twos? Boycott any show that does this. It will change or TV will go away. This is stupid.

• Kat says:

Rob don’t be so dramatic and stupid. This is the first season that Teen Wolf will have 24 episodes, so cutting it in half is just common practice. There is no need to start crying and whining just because you don’t understand how television works. And yes the break is long but its better than waiting for most of year to pass to see the next season like we did between season 1 and season 2 or season 2 and season 3

• Rob says:

Thanks for calling ME stupid because that negates all of your other comments to a whiny girl. I know how television works and they will continue to ignore precedent and common sense and loyalty to their customers (the viewers) as long as they have apologists like you.

• pedro says:

it’s better to wait half year for 12 new episodes than a whole year, so what’s your problem?

• Rob says:

My problem is they wouldn’t do it if everyone complained. It should be your problem too but I see you don’t care so stay out of my comment and opinion. I don’t attack yours.

• Cailan says:

Thing is it seems no one but you seem to be complaining or crying about the split season other then you! I for one love this format..

• MaryAnn says:

The half season we get this summer is almost as long as a full season in previous years. Personally, I am thrilled to have so many episodes, and don’t mind a bit waiting until January. It is better than waiting until next summer for a new season.

• Rob says:

That’s your opinion and that’s fine. You didn’t attack anyone else’s opinion. Good for you.

• Ciaran says:

To be honest it’s actually just like having two seasons in a shorter time space, and they might use the space o time for another time jump like at the start of 3a. It’s not like 3a is any shorter than seasons 1 or 2. It’s really just to give the actors a break and stuff like that.

12. nater says:

The only issue i have is that i have about a dozen fall shows to watch already, but teen wolf is my 2nd favorite show, next to the vampire diaries. Thank god i have a dvr. It’s going to fill fast. Does anyone else wish they would add vampires to teen wolf?

• Melinda says:

yes! I’ve always wanted to know if there would ever be any in this show. I believe there could be especially with all these new supernatural beings that are going to come in.

13. Yea I don’t mind the break I have a lot of other shows to watch. Including the new spin off of vampire diaries, the originals! !! Love love teen wolf but I can wait! ! :) :)

14. Lay says:

this trailer is the episodes happening now, this was not a preview of what’s to come in January! I thought this was going to be the trailer for the rest of the season to come! >:(

15. reina says:

yessss!! Happy birthday to me! the season continues on my birthday :D couldn’t ask for a better gift than the awesome return of the lovable stiles ;) so addicted to this show!

16. Brittany says:

I absolutely love this show. And Dylan O’Brien has become one of my favorite actors. He’s amazing and so well rounded. This show has given me a way to escape boredom. I could sit here and watch every episode out right now straight and not get bored. It turned a ten hour car ride into something i enjoyed. I’m excited to see what they do next! But issac and Alison are really bugging me. I feel like they could be cute but then again i liked her with Scott. But she was rather annoying when they were together. She’s a badass now :))

17. Cailan says:

Just finished the last episode of this year and WOW can not wait until January! Great way to end this half of the season.. Personally I love that they are doing this half season now half January, don’t get me wrong if they put it on every night I would watch, but this way it isn’t 10 mths until we get a new episode..

18. dan says:

When deacon said the noahtak attracts the supernatural i decided to look into that and my main theory is that not only would more packs show up but other supernatural beings would as well

19. adrian says:

I realy think this season sucks. Why the hell did they change the place where they make it. And where the hell is the VAMPIRES

• Shane says:

If you want vampires… watch true blood. This show would suffer greatly from adding ‘vampires’ to the ‘teen WOLF’ series imo.

• Ciaran says:

THANK YOU! This is a show about werewolves, not vampires, and I will be happy if they never bring them into play. And the reason they changed location was because they got a bigger budget and the new location is closer to the homes of the cast an crew

20. Shane says:

Personally.. the acting is fine, great story line and character development. Overall a very good show, hopefully they will continue past the season 3, and continue onward. \

21. Vimitrix says:

People who say that this or that perfomance wasn’t great…i welcome you all to screw yourselfes! They did a good job everyone of them I love every single part of teen wolf since the begining!! I do not know what they’re planning on doing but if it was me since he’s a True Alpha i would give him special habilities like a conection to the powers of elders like the darach had!!

22. Vimitrix says:

Werewolves RULEE!! Vampires suck!!!

23. me say my mind says:

think of viewers choise before actors..why did u break up scott and alison and start one with isaac and alison becouse dey date in real life …writer and movie suck for real

24. Blake G. says:

I re-watched the 2nd season and TOTALLY forgot that Jackson turns into a werewolf in the finale…Can we PLEASE bring his storyline back?!!

25. shelby says:

CANT WAIT FOR THE WINTER PREMIERE SO EXCITED I LOVE DAREK HALE!!!!!!!! <3

26. Robert Wood says:

This season was suppose to be 24 episodes, and yet we are on a break for 5 months same amount of time we have to wait during the summer break. When they come back in Jan. it will be more like season 4. What was the point in the 24 episodes. I get taking a break but they could have thrown us a bone by giving us 15 episodes before taking a break so we had something beyond the usual 12. Also I wonder when after season 3 ends
    when they plan on coming back for season 4.

27. terry says:

I love teenwolf im just so sad that we have to wait so long:(i think iscike (i idk how to spell his name) well he is the cuteist lol i love wolf so much!!!!!!

28. helen says:

I love teen wolf it’s our family show meaning of course we all get together and watch it it’s just awesome I just wish there wasn’t such a long wait.

29. Billy says: