Comic-Con

Star-Crossed Stars Talk Civil-Rights Issues, Crazy Fashion and Three-Way (!) 'Shipper Names

Get More: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

The CW‘s midseason drama Star-Crossed is one part District 9 and one part Romeo and Juliet — with perhaps a dash of Project Runway thrown in for good measure. At least that was the take-home message when series stars Aimee Teegarden, Matt Lanter and Grey Damon sat down with Meg Masters in TVLine’s Con-Con interview suite.

The futuristic drama, in which the government begins to integrate a society of aliens with a group of humans, explores themes that The CW has perhaps never done before, Lanter suggests. And Teegarden adds that while the subject matter couldn’t be further from her breakout role on Friday Night Lights, the heart of the show is still about relationships.

RELATED | Fall TV Trailer: The CW’s Star-Crossed Lovers Can’t Deny Their Feelings

Then again, this being The CW, there’s also a love triangle brewing among Teegarden, Lanter and Damon’s characters. Have they cooked up ‘shipper names for the potential relationship permutations? And is it possible to have a ‘shipper troika? Press play below for the answers to these burning questions and more!

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Comic-Con Coverage

And follow TVLine on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates on all our Comic-Con news, commentary and interviews!

Comments (9)

• Looking forward to this, hope it’s going to be good.

Comment by Susie – July 18, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And this confirms it, the chemistry is off here as it was in the trailer. Lanter’s just so ugh for me personally. LIke is he objectively attractive? Sure, but no no not for me.

Comment by a – July 18, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with there being no chemistry between Amy & Matt in this interview. It seems that she has better chemistry with Grey.

Comment by sabrina – July 19, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wondering if it was a mid-season thing, since it wasn’t on the premiere list you sent out awhile ago. Gonna give this a shot.

Comment by Jacqi – July 18, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seems very much like Roswell to me, except that Matt Lanter is no Jason Behr. He’s attractive enough but he’s just so “blah.” Aimee Teegarden & Grey Damon look good together though, have seen them all in other things, so I’ll give it a view.

Comment by Dave – July 19, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Jason and Shiri had really great natural chemistry, whereas Aimee and Matt just don’t.

Comment by Emily – July 19, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t sure about this before today, but knowing that Grey Damon’s in it too? I’m in! Friday Night Lights is really the gift that keeps on giving!

Comment by Dizzle – July 19, 2013 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the cast, Malese Jow isn’t present and she is pure sugar. Aimee looks quite nice but was stiff. The 3 of them look quite nice it’s hard to tell if they have onscreen chemistry. Matt wouldn’t be my first choice for this role cause he looks a lot older.But his scenes with Aimee look nice. Doubt they will become the next Salvatore-Elena triangle but I will watch it !

Comment by Maki – July 19, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, the girl at the end that says “I just touched it with my mouth, sorry”

Comment by carrionne – July 20, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post