Ratings: Big Brother Rises, Camp Falls While Talent Dominates the Night

Get More: News, Ratings

Camp - Season 1A few people left Camp this Wednesday, as NBC’s summertime comedy slipped 10 percent and a tenth from its premiere to 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating.

Leading into Camp, America’s Got Talent drew 11 mil and a 2.8, up a handful of eyeballs and dominating the night on both counts.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

Elsewhere: Fox’s MasterChef (5.6 mil/2.1) added a few viewers but dipped two tenths in the demo… CBS’ Big Brother (6.3 mil/2.1) rose 5 percent and a tenth… and ABC’s The Lookout (3 mil/0.8 was up 3 percent and a tenth.

Comments (12)

• Really liking Camp!

Comment by iMember – July 18, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe people have stopped watching Camp because they have realized it is an Australian show, filmed entirely in Australia, with an Aussie cast, yet everyone is being forced to speak in an American accent because it is being shown on NBC. It makes me SO ANGRY!

Comment by Georgia – July 18, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If that’s what makes you angry in life, I’m sorry for your friends and family.

I think it’s a fun, clever show that has relatable and honest characters.

Comment by bradnies – July 18, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Camp! Who cares if it’s an Aussie show as long it’s entertaining :)

Comment by Till – July 18, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Australian shows are really great, I love Rush and Sea Patrol.

Comment by Alia – July 18, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I had no idea. I totally get your frustration. Let them use their real accents lol

Comment by liz – July 18, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Camp is the perfect summer show! I love it!

Comment by Elyse – July 18, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so loving Camp! It’s fun, light and charming and a good summer show. I think it should be on Fridays at 8pm so it could develop properly, but given NBC’s penchant for ruining things, another good show will die without proper support.

Comment by Rob Olivier – July 18, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What?! How is Wednesday, following their biggest summer show, worse than Friday? NBC is letting it develop and if the ratings stay within the 1.4-1.5 range, the show will be back next summer.

Comment by SJ – July 18, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really liking Camp…but as a summer show. If it moved up against something I watch during the regular year, I don’t think I’d give it up. I hope it stays where it is.

Comment by Leah – July 18, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I planned to watch this; thought it would be a fun light show. But then after reading a review, it sounded like it was really raunchy and mostly sex plots and jokes. So I didn’t bother. Was that reviewer wrong?

Comment by Abby – July 18, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has some sex plots you would expect with young adults and teens but it’s fine as a summer show.. I forgot it was on as I have gotten used to cable shows in the summer.. But it popped up On Demand and watched it there.. Anything Rachel Griffiths is in I will watch… I will say that the lake at the summer camp I went to is far better!!

Comment by drhenning – July 19, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post