Ratings: Big Brother Rises, Camp Falls While Talent Dominates the Night

Camp - Season 1A few people left Camp this Wednesday, as NBC’s summertime comedy slipped 10 percent and a tenth from its premiere to 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating.

Leading into Camp, America’s Got Talent drew 11 mil and a 2.8, up a handful of eyeballs and dominating the night on both counts.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

Elsewhere: Fox’s MasterChef (5.6 mil/2.1) added a few viewers but dipped two tenths in the demo… CBS’ Big Brother (6.3 mil/2.1) rose 5 percent and a tenth… and ABC’s The Lookout (3 mil/0.8 was up 3 percent and a tenth.

1. iMember says:

Really liking Camp!

2. Georgia says:

Maybe people have stopped watching Camp because they have realized it is an Australian show, filmed entirely in Australia, with an Aussie cast, yet everyone is being forced to speak in an American accent because it is being shown on NBC. It makes me SO ANGRY!

3. Elyse says:

Camp is the perfect summer show! I love it!

4. Rob Olivier says:

I’m so loving Camp! It’s fun, light and charming and a good summer show. I think it should be on Fridays at 8pm so it could develop properly, but given NBC’s penchant for ruining things, another good show will die without proper support.

• SJ says:

What?! How is Wednesday, following their biggest summer show, worse than Friday? NBC is letting it develop and if the ratings stay within the 1.4-1.5 range, the show will be back next summer.

5. Leah says:

I’m really liking Camp…but as a summer show. If it moved up against something I watch during the regular year, I don’t think I’d give it up. I hope it stays where it is.

6. Abby says:

I planned to watch this; thought it would be a fun light show. But then after reading a review, it sounded like it was really raunchy and mostly sex plots and jokes. So I didn’t bother. Was that reviewer wrong?

7. drhenning says:

It has some sex plots you would expect with young adults and teens but it’s fine as a summer show.. I forgot it was on as I have gotten used to cable shows in the summer.. But it popped up On Demand and watched it there.. Anything Rachel Griffiths is in I will watch… I will say that the lake at the summer camp I went to is far better!!