Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2013: The 44 Biggest Snubs

You can’t always get what you want — especially when it comes to Emmy nominations. And so while today’s announcement of the 2013 contenders included a number of fresh faces and nifty surprises (huzzah for Anna Chlumsky!), we still found ourselves yelling The S Word — “Snubs!” of course — at the questionable judgment of those at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.

RELATED | Emmy Nominations: The Complete List

Check out our list of this year’s 44 most egregious omissions from the race — damn, some of ‘em really sting, don’t they? — then hit the comments with the snubs that left you ready to storm Emmy HQ with brickbats and torches.

RELATED | Michael Ausiello Weighs in on the Good, Bad and Ugly of the 2013 Nominations

And for all the wall-to-wall Emmy coverage and interviews your TV-lovin’ heart can handle, keep checking back at TVLine.com over the next 48 hours. Oh, who are we kidding? Keep checking back between now and the Sept. 22 ceremony!

1. Alex says:

John Noble … again. Ugh. At least this is the last year we can complain about it.

• hana says:

It is clear even by the response of new viewers to Fringe that he created a legendary and enduring TV character that will still be remembered fondly when the Emmys are irrelevant. Walter Bishop is immortal. When the people responsible for voting on these every year get around to watching the series, they will be acutely embarrassed, one by one.

• belle says:

Why is it year after year it’s totally dominated by Cable shows…we want more mainstream network nominees!!! COME ON, you might as well call it the Cable Emmy’s. So sick and tired of all the love going to shows and people who most American’s never even get a chance to see. Your 45 Snubs are exactly all my MUST HAVES for nominees!!! Let’s start our own Emmy’s show, to heck with this crud!!! Regis and Kelly had the Relly’s and it’s time we viewers take a stand and give our nominees awards :) Who’s with me???

• Boiler says:

Totally agree!!

• MrScreenAddict says:

“it’s time we viewers take a stand and give our nominees awards”

Yeah, because the People’s Choice Awards always reflect the very highest level of quality in entertainment. The fact is, cable is where most of the well-written, compelling drama is these days.

• Amanda P says:

Exactly. Thank you. Just because you like something doesn’t mean it’s the best.

• moobear says:

TPTB just need to realize that there is a significant difference between cable and broadcast shows and that three episodes of Sherlock can’t be compared to 20+ episodes of the Good Wife or that the gritty meaty material that cable is able to cover in shows like Homeland or Game of Thrones doesn’t mean that Fringe’s tamer material that was portrayed by the amazing John Noble doesn’t deserve a nod.

• mia says:

lol I wouldnt call Fringe “tamer” than shows like Homeland and Game of Thrones. Just cause there’s less nudity and torture, doesn’t make it tamer. The basic premise of the show was extremely unnerving and explored really serious and complicated concepts.

• Kim R says:

Could not agree more. :)

• Veronica says:

I am totally in agreement with you, I am really tired of the the cable shows getting the nominations, they need their own award show. I’m not sure I will watch this year

• Ron Cooper says:

Fringe was best show on TV.all actors deserved emmy nomination.

• Ruby says:

I’m sorry but John Noble was spectacular in Fringe. How about Jon Hamm again. Breaking Bad again. Modern Family again. Etc, etc, etc ad infinitum.

• I don’t know how many more times this needs to be said…. bloody hell…..

• Mary E Moore says:

Yes Yes Yes!!! Why was he ignored year after year? Brilliant performances as Dr. Walter Bishop on “Fringe” Something wrong with his exclusion, best character actor on tv ever.

• TV Fan says:

Michelle Fairley and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau are the Jon Noble of suporting actor category. Seriously, do Emmy voters even watch TV?!

• Connie says:

Ugh, I agree! I can’t believe John Noble, and the rest of the cast for that matter, wasn’t nominated. Such a pity that the Academy doesn’t recognize his incredible ability to convey the complexity of Walter Bishop.

• servin says:

OK even the snob list is making me mad uh no grey’s or private practice smh

• Pete says:

If CBS is TV’s number 1 watched, why aren’t more of the shows nominated. First year watching the Emmy’s and probably the last.

2. courts says:

Pretty much. Some of the noms are complete garbage.

• aryn says:

I know right!? I hate that Cable dominates every category now, and has for 10 years or so. Why do they snub ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC consistently? I just have no desire to watch anymore :/ Bummed, let’s give awards to your 45 Snub List – We can call it a SNemmy LOL

• courts says:

Because their shows aren’t very good. That much is obvious. I was referring more to actors with popular characters getting nominations over ones who have done better jobs.

• Michelle says:

True in many cases, though not across the board. Shows like Parks and Rec, New Girl, The Good Wife, and Parenthood are all terrific, but are continually overlooked. The broadcast shows that do get through are IMO either overrated (The Big Bang Theory) or past their prime (Modern Family, 30 Rock).

• Lisa C says:

I don’t understand why NCIS the #1 network show and The Walking Dead, the #1 cable show are both snubbed for Emmy Nominations. For pete’s sake Andrew Lincoln should have at least got a nomination for his work. Sometimes I think they nominate the shows who need the biggest ratings boast.

• Anna says:

I haven’t seen either show, so I can’t judge its content/the actors, but most watched is not the same as best quality. As is seen with shows like The Big Bang Theory and Two and Half Men.

• jennrae says:

NCIS sucks. Find me one person who watches it. They probably watch Two and a Half Men, too, right? So that would be nobody. No, really, it’s just another procedural. There’s no spark. Hell, even the gorgeous and talented Mariska Hargitay hasn’t been nominated in years.

• Yeah no one watches NCIS..that’s why it’s the #1 ranked TV show week after week after week. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you should rip on the people who do watch it. BTW I never miss it and no, I don’t watch Two and a Half Men.

• Mary S says:

Dear ilovefootball2525 – I understand that you love football, which means that you may or may not appreciate an excellent ensemble-cast program and so may not be aware of the actors in those shows, but, Mariska Hargitay is on Law and Order: SVU, not NCIS!
            Mark Harmon’s two female castmates are Cote de Pablo, who is leaving the show within the first couple of episodes of the new season, and Pauley Perrete (and, forgive me if I spelled either of those names incorrectly!)

• Mary S says:

Dear Jennrae – I accidentally left my response to ilovefootball2525- and to that person I owe an apology!
            The fact that you think NCIS “sucks” means that you obviously do not appreciate an excellent ensemble-cast program that is engaging and entertaining and so may not be aware of the actors in those shows, but, Mariska Hargitay is on Law and Order: SVU, not NCIS!

• Mary S says:

Dear Ilovefootball2525, I owe you an apology-that response was meant for jennrae!

• Marty says:

I couldn’t agree more on NCIS, but I also understand the criticism that it gets… a lot of shows get that kind of treatment when they’ve had a long run.

What I DON’T understand is the industry’s treatment of Mark Harmon. When it comes to the major awards, it confounds me that he’s not in the running. He delivers, period… viewer numbers, ratings, longevity, and overall quality. There’s been plenty of interviews with him to show that he’s not a ‘phone it in’ type of actor… that he cares about the craft. People may not always like the show, but give him his due as a performer.

3. Where are Stana's awards? says:

What about Stana Katic? It’s about time she deserves some form of recognition for her brilliant acting ability…

4. Bri says:

So upset about the Michael Cudlitz snub!

• Jaded says:

Me too! The Southland snubs are criminal!

• Ruby says:

It just shows that Emmy voters have no idea what they’re doing. This is a joke.

• Tess says:

Perhaps they should create a rule where you cannot be nominated more than say 5 years in a row (win or lose) or that if you won the year before you cannot be submitted for the following year, or do like the Tonys where you only can get nominated the first year of production (since musicals and plays can’t be nominated again even if they are still on Broadway for more than that first year and roles can be recast there but only the initial actors in the roles can get considered for Tonys). Maybe they should create categories solely for new programs – like a best new program award, and best newcomer for someone in their first tv role ever and so on… just so there’s more for tv fans to get excited about when it comes to the Emmys since they otherwise always nominate the same things until a show goes off the air or a character leaves a program or they stop submitting themselves out of embarrassment of riches. It would do the telecast a world of good at least and more deserving shows and actors would possibly get recognized for their work.

• Gerri223 says:

I agree he was the best on Southland too bad!

5. Marco says:

I feel like Naya Rivera should have been nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.

6. Soooooooooooo many snubs this year, my head hurts just thinking about it. A lot of them are highlighted on this list which is good. Really don’t like the Big Bang Theory girls getting shut out, and don’t like Simon Helberg being shut out either. Why the hell was Jane Lynch nominated for Glee when she didn’t even do anything that’s worthy of a nomination… she was barely in the damn show! And ditto for Anthony Bourdain and Betty White.. wtf?! Anthony was a JUDGE not a host?!

• Jillian says:

Mayim Bialik was nominated so it wasn’t a complete shutout of the Big Bang Theory girls. I completely agree with you about Jane though. I am a huge Glee fan and I was flabbergasted to see her nominated. If anyone from Glee should be nominated it should have been Naya Rivera. Glee is a comedy and Naya is the only funny one of the show.

7. Chelsea says:

Getting REALLY tired of P-Rex being snubbed! :( Glad Amy P. got a nom though!

8. Bobby says:

Monica Potter stings me the most. I’ve been begging for it for eight months straight. Thank God she won the Critics Choice TV award so I can live knowing she got some recognition for her work this year. Ditto for Tatiana, Simon Helberg, Michael Cudlitz, Eden Sher, Kaley Cuoco… aka pretty much everyone.

• volfootballfa says:

I completely agree. Anyone who can play several completely different characters on one show and make them each convincingly believable deserves recognition. Tatiana, we love you!

• Jasmine says:

I agree! The snub of Monica Potter, Parenthood, is just to much for me to take. Also, John Noble as Walter in Fringe is equally unbelievable. I watch Scandal, Mad Men & Homeland and they are good shows, but they ARE NOT BETTER than Parenthood!

• Anna says:

But really though. Monica Potter was the one name that I knew I was going to see and then got actually angry when it wasn’t on the list.

9. Isabel says:

Soooo mad about Monica Potter not being nominated! She seriously made me cry every single episode this season. Parenthood needs to get more love overall. And New Girl?? Same thing! I also think they should have more respect for CW shows…Maggie Q anyone??

• ZigZagZoey says:

AGREE
      All the acting on that show is phenomenal, and I cry every damn episode! She did an incedible job with the whole season. I just love them all. ♥

10. guestofseth says:

REBECCA HALL!!!!

11. Donald Brown says:

It’s easy to say “these people should have been nominated” but they nominated others – so who would you have NOT nominated (who were) to fit in your “snubs”?

• Ruby says:

Jon Hamm and Modern Family, to start.

• Sam says:

NO on Jon Hamm. Say what you will about Mad Men this season but Jon Hamm’s pitch to hershey in the finale alone let me know that he deserves his nomination.

totally agree about modern family though.

• DonDraperSaysWhat says:

Jon Hamm hasn’t won though, and he likely won’t, so don’t get too bent out of shape over him.

• lilys87 says:

Elisabeth Moss as a lead is a joke, Christina Hendrick even as supporting also. She had maybe 10 lines this season… Monica Potter did a fantastic job, this is such a shame !
      I’d get rid of Modern Family and TBBT as well, Kerry Washington is ok but not that great.
      Of course there isn’t room for every talent, but some habits need to be dropped : I’m not complaining about Juliana Margulies for example, she deserved her win so much two years ago, but this year was fierce and her acting less impressive. That makes sence.

12. Clare Velasquez says:

Where is Suits? Gabriel Macht and Gina Torres!! And The Newsroom!?! Emily Mortimer Alison Pill and Sam Waterston?? Gah!!

• Alichat says:

This! Gabriel, Gina, and Patrick on Suits.

• Lumen says:

Yes!! Suits, forgot to put them in my comment. You are so right! I’m

• Mary S says:

They snubbed DEXTER, too. The show is addicting…anyone who can play a serial killer with a conscience and make us BELIEVE it has got to be on this list! Of all the shows and actors who were nominated, I have only watched about three. I don’t know anything about the rest, at all, except for the reality competition shows, of which I watch all but one. And those are the ONLY reality shows I watch. I notice that the Food Network, which has some really interesting shows, is totally ignored.
      BUT, getting back to the lists of nominees, I kept looking for shows I watch and found very few. So, who makes the nominations?

13. Robin says:

I wish SOA would get a little acknowledgement. At least Slezak sees it.

14. Lauren says:

I agree with pretty much all of these.

15. MSD says:

William H. Macy’s brilliance in Shameless was also snubbed. So happy Joan Cusack got nominated. I would be insanely content if she would bring a Showtime win home for all who were snubbed for Shameless AND Dexter. (my two favorites)

16. Liam says:

No Emmy love for Eden Sher from “The Middle”. She is hysterical in character she created. I fear she is thought of as a “child actor” but she is 21 playing a 16 year old. She is outstanding.

• Ann says:

Wow. I didn’t know she was so old! All the kids on The Middle are great. In fact, I wish The Middle had been nominated over Modern Family. Modern Family certainly did not deserve a Best Comedy nomination for the awful and uninspired season they had this year….there are numerous other comedies that had better years than Modern Family. The Middle is one of them.

• Mary Morris says:

I agree. Eden is terrific . It seems it is the same shows and actors over and over. I agree cable has some better shows, but In The Middle is a great one on ABC. Also who can afford the HBO Starz and Showtime. Those channels have one or two good shows and the rest are DRECK.

• Hamish says:

I was going to add my obligatory Eden Sher comment, but you beat me to it. She is absolutely fearless in what she’ll do as Sue Heck.

17. Sam says:

Let’s break it down this way…

So not everyone we want is going to get nominated of course but there’s so many people on this list (and in general) that if we’re honest never really had a shot. Like why do I see everyone whining about shows on The CW or Castle or Bones etc etc? Based on the politics of the emmys and how cable tv is setting the bar they just don’t have a shot. I think most of us can agree that the snubs of Tatiana Maslany, Monica Potter, and Parks and Rec are pretty frustrating. Julianna Marguiles/The Good Wife too and that’s mostly because of their good standing in the emmys in previous years. Plus this season was pretty excellent.

But unfortunately I think most of us knew Happy Endings didn’t have a shot. The drama series clearly can switch around but as long as Modern Family is around the comedy nominations are largely going to look the same…basically an overrated mess.

• I agree, I don’t know why people are whining over Happy Endings, I think the nominees aren’t that bad, its a tough category

• Nat says:

This is a sensible comment. I think we can accept that shows/actors that didn’t receive any nominations in their first 3/4 years aren’t going to get them later on (so Castle, Bones, Jennifer Carpenter, Parenthood fans – sorry). But there are obviously a rotating roster of ‘favourites’ and the only thing more boring than seeing the same nominees every year is seeing the same list of snubs every year. I get it, we need to vent. But it’s just one group of people making these choices; they’re not definitive.

• There are some exceptions to this rule, not that I’m like disagreeing with your sentiment, I do agree, but just so you are aware some people have won after only getting 2 nominations and that too for its final 2 years (Kyle Chandler). Plus Parenthood did score an acting nod for Jason Ritter, last year.

• Tav says:

Julianna Margulies was NOT snubbed. Not that she’s a bad actress but her work this past season was hardly memorable. Actresses like her (and Maggie Smith for that matter) should not be nominated just for being “in good standing”. Getting nominated by rote steals the recognition from better-deserving actresses (Tatiana Maslany, Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Carpenter etc).

18. Michelle says:

Hugh Dancy! Monica Potter! Happy Endings! Damon Wayans Jr! New Girl! Jake Johnson! U G H

• iMember says:

TATIANA MASLANY x7!!!

• gdv says:

x1 billion!

• FayeD says:

Tatiana Maslany – I agree that this was a terrible snub. I also am not happy John Noble for Fringe was ignored yet again.

• Frankie707 says:

Yes those are the two that really stand out for me. Even though I’ve almost come to expect that my favorites will not be recognized, I still somehow manage to hold on to that last little bit of hope. I propose that when the Emmys air we all watch either a Fringe or Orphan Black marathon instead. Watch some performances worthy of awards.

19. Wouter says:

Why do i get the feeling the Jury only watch the first season of any of these shows. How else can Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairley be overlooked. Also Jane Lynch as best supporting actress on Glee? Did they even watch the last few seasons? Sue Sylvester hasn’t done anything noteworthy for like 2 seasons. Still love her though.

20. Harry Lime says:

Corey Stoll.

• Sara says:

YES!!! And Maslany, Potter, Jeff Perry

• Beanergirl says:

Where is Corey Stoll on these “snubbed” lists? Poor Peter Russo can’t catch a break. He was the heart of House of Cards as far as I’m concerned. Also not sure where the crack is that those overlooking Tatiana and Orphan Black are smoking. One of the most impressive performances I’ve seen this year. Her ability to make the viewer truly forget they are viewing the same actress in multiple roles deserved at least a nomination and arguably the win.

21. iMember says:

Tatiana Maslany and Monica Potter being snubbed are what makes me the most annoyed about the nominees this year. Ugh!

22. Michelle says:

Can we have the TVLine Emmys? Cause that would probably be better than the real thing. ;)

23. marykon13 says:

What about Corey Stoll from House of Cards-he was absolutely riveting!
    Also, what does Eden Shur from the Middle have to do for some Emmy love? Sue Heck is the funniest character by far on ABC!

24. Aoife says:

Can’t believe Tatiana Maslany wasn’t even nominated.

25. Tanya says:

I missed in the nominations Mandy Kaling, Jake Johnson, Anna Torv, John Noble, Melissa Joan Hart and Archie Panjabi (And Emily Deschanel but they almost never nominate procedural shows…)

26. Alison says:

Cannot get over The Americans snub…Keri Russell especially deserves a nod…incredible work!

27. Lana says:

Walton Goggins should have two noms, Justified and his hilarious guest spot on SoA!

• Lyn says:

Now that you mention it … yes!!! Poor Walton Goggins: If his shows had been on critic-favored HBO, he’d have several Emmys by now.

• zigzagzoey says:

I love him so much. As I was clicking thru the pics of snubs, his came up and gave me a huge smile.

28. Liz says:

While I’m thrilled Emilia Clarke was nominated (I think she’s one of the main reason why people watch GoT, she does an amazing job as Daenerys!!), and Peter’s character is one of my favourites, it’s such a shame that Michelle Fairley (who made me cry SO much during the Red Wedding) or Nikolaj Coster Waldau who had such a strong season (that bath scene was sooo moving) were overlooked…
    Heck, Lena is great as well, Ian Glen is wonderful… There are many talented actors on that show.

29. soldierdown says:

Jennifer Carpenter. Ridiculous she hasn’t been nominated before and even more so this time as she was incredible in the last season of Dexter.

• Lillykait85 says:

Yeah but is the last season of dexter included in the 2013 noms or would that be nominated for 2014? Since the season is only what 3,4 episodes in right now? Not sure. Hopefully the last season will be recognized.

30. Steve says:

This was definitely a bit more left field and I didn’t reallllly expect it, but Abigail Spencer on the show Rectify was mesmerizing in every single scene as the sister of a recently-released death row prisoner. She played the teacher Don Draper had an affair with in Mad Men Season 3. If you haven’t heard of the show check it out (I hadn’t even heard of it until recently).

31. Dee Kilmer says:

The fact that Southland and The Walking Dead got pretty much ignored (again!!!!) is just beyond disappointing!! But then I’ve never believed in the Emmys — they never seem to nominate those who deserve the award the most.

32. Erin says:

Monica Potter and the whole cast of Parenthood was robbed!!

33. jjovana3 says:

Lack of Mads Mikkelsen is disturbing. Girls over Parks & Rec? Are these people stoned? Ugh.

34. Debbie M says:

Emmy Rossum and Eden Sher are glaring omissions as far as I’m concerned. Hayden Panetierre for Nashville is also a huge oversight.

35. PaulH says:

Maslany = GIMMICK CITY. The WORST kind of Emmy bait; more blatant than Hargitay and Kaczmarek put together. Just 1 nom for the #1 show on TV, NCIS, and just 3 for The Newsroom? And the best drama series isn’t even up for 1 Emmy -Continuum.

• courts says:

Yikes. The Newsroom is TERRIBLE. NCIS isn’t even in the same stratosphere of quality as some of these series and you really think a Canadian sci-fi show would ever be considered, even if it were leagues better than it currently is, Continuum wouldn’t even have a snowball’s chance in hell.

36. Joshua S. says:

Ummm, Jessica Walter?

37. Ralph Hartman says:

You’re missing a picture for Jimmy Smits and Jim Beaver in the guest actor in a drama category. I thought both would’ve been locks for at least nominations.

38. cr says:

Vincent Kartheiser. Unbelievable with his amazing work and still no noms for Mad Men and snubbed on your list! :)

• Chandelier says:

Totally agree. He was immense this series and how Jim Carter (who I have nothing against, but had little to do recently) got nominated for a best supporting actor and Kartheiser didn’t is astonishing.

39. Absolutely agree that Hugh Dancy was snubbed!! Also Mads Mikkelsen, the writers, art direction, music, lighting, costumes… That show is incredibly visually stunning and Hannibal’s suits are IMPECCABLE!!

40. marge says:

They REALLY need to split Broadcast and Cable into separate categories.

• Ralph Hartman says:

I’ve been saying that for years. Maybe not in the acting categories but definitely do Broadcast Drama and Cable Drama and Broadcast Comedy and Cable Comedy.

• courts says:

Why lower the quality bar?

• Sal says:

Because it isn’t lowering. There are several fantastic network shows as you can see people crying foul over snubs here. If you don’t think there are high-quality network shows you are not watching enough TV

• Nan says:

I agree. Cable shows just have it easier. They do fewer episodes and they have fewer restrictions on content.

41. anna says:

Can’t believe they totally snubbed New Girl and The Americans. Also Corey Stoll, the only good thing about HoC.

42. Serena says:

What about Stana Katic? She has to be the most underrated actress of TV right now. She’s amazing, the Emmys are just c**p.

• Nan says:

For some reason, the Emmys just won’t recognize how difficult it is to do the kind of acting that Stana Katic, David Boreanaz, Simon Baker and others do. Week after week they present likable characters in entertaining shows that make you want to tune in even when the writing is not so hot. Their shows aren’t aiming for the bleachers but their performances are terrific.

• kerry says:

While I agree that they are all good actors you can hardly expect them to be nominated for emmys. They’re in shows that don’t stretch their acting abilities, there characters basically act the same all season with the odd one episode where they do something different (like more emotional) thrown in. There characters do the same thing week in week out with no variation because they’re on procedural shows. I do wish the emmys would have more variation though but i’m thinking more in terms of people like Monica Potter who was completely different and went through a whole host of emotions this season compared to last.

43. Kat A. says:

Biggest sub: Rectify and Aden Young!

44. Angel says:

New girl is the worst snub in my book! It was so deserving and Jake and Zooey killed it this year! I also don’t understand why Jane Lynch was nominated. She was only in like 4 episodes if that. Her story wasn’t that great this year. I also agree that Michele and Nikolai were snubbed harshly too. They had some wonderful stuff this year and there performances were amazing! At least Game if Thrones got nominated, and rightfully so.

45. Sophie says:

I wouldn’t complain about Marguiles’ “snub”. Almost every year she’s nominated so if one year she isn’t, that ain’t the end of the world. what’s crazy is that MONICA POTTER’s work was overlooked while she had the best character arc. And what about Tatiana Maslany or some Grey’s Anatomy actresses. Now all the love is for Scandal =/

46. Joao Gordinho says:

TOM RILEY – Da Vinci’s Demons!!!!

47. Confused says:

Wow, Parenthood, New Girl, Justified and Sons of Anarchy all snubbed. Are they watching the same shows we are?!

48. Darcy Borden says:

What about Laura Carmichael (Lady Edith Crawley) and Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) for example from Downton Abbey in the Supporting Actress and Supporting Actor categories?

49. greysfan says:

So disappointed that Monica Potter did not get a nomination. She put in one of the best performances by any actor/actress this year but am i surprised at the snub? Simple answer is no because this is the Emmy’s and we all know until the categories are split into broadcast and cable OR short season shows/long season shows we are never going to get anywhere if you ask me. I am disappointed not one broadcast drama made the list for best drama. Scandal should have been there. Anyway we are always going to have this argument until someone wakes up and realises this. Really surprised the broadcast nets haven’t created an awards show based on the split model already. Yes we have peoples choice but seriously its what should happen and then maybe have a handful of combined categories like best drama, comedy, actor, actress and supporting actor and actress (with the latter 4 being combined from all categories).

50. Tom K says:

Very disappointed that Linda Gray didn’t get nominated for Dallas, her performance in JR’s Masterpiece was gut wrenching. Also, nothing for The Americans, Parenthood or Southland???