Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• I say, “YES” to another season. I enjoy the show. It’s much better then reality tv.

Comment by Desi – August 20, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show……. can hardly wait for the episodes……I havent missed one yet….

Comment by Nadine – August 20, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please, bring it back.

Comment by mother of 3 boys – August 20, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I took Love Mistresses! I almost missed it last night! I thought it was returning in Sept! Please renew! I think the ratings were low because like me – the fans didn’t know it was coming back last night!

Comment by Mary – August 20, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleeeeeease Don’t Cancel!! Me and my boyfriend are hooked!! I got all of my friends watching it!! DON’T GO!!!

Comment by JoJo – August 20, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!!! I’ve been left hanging. I need to know who the father is! Please please please come back!!!!!

Comment by Nik – August 20, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show addicted.way better than desperate housewives.it has more depth.& who wouldn’t follow what’s going on with the girls so its desperate housewives meets sex in the city way cool

Comment by judy – August 20, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horrible show; terrible story lines and acting

Comment by Who Cares – August 20, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a good show….perfect for summer…..keep it!!!

Comment by Roe113 – August 20, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RENEW IT. They can’t leave us hanging!

Comment by SanJuana Ortega – August 21, 2013 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show..didn’t think it would make it past the first couple weeks but I can’t wait to watch every week now..we dvr and watch Tuesday night after kiddies go to bed! I love it and am sad there are only 2 episodes left before the “season finale”..hope it comes back soon!

Comment by Rocki – August 21, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the best shows I HAVE watched in a very long time. I will be soooo disappointed if they don’t renew!

Comment by Brenda Dixon Peacock – August 21, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show can’t wait to see what happens next…

Comment by Flexx – August 21, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please let their be a second season great show!!!!!! Me and all of my gfs watch it.

Comment by brenda – August 21, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show and I LOVE Harry! More please.

Comment by Tracy – August 21, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show!! Best thing since Dallas and Knots Landing! Wonderful cast – they leave you wanting more each week. Please bring back for another season!!!

Comment by Jill – August 22, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A fun show that has become better each week… would really like a 2nd season!

Comment by Marc – August 22, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE!!! MORE!!! MORE!!!

Comment by Waterspout – August 22, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want more too. please come back!

Comment by Regina – August 22, 2013 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show. Lots of twists and turns. April’s husband needs to be more lively or something. Jason George is very handsome, as well as Melissa’s TV husband. Overall, I think the characters are interesting. Would love to see Mistress come back for a 2nd season.

Comment by Nita – August 24, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok. I really hope this show gets renewed, but as a summer show otherwise it would be axed after 2 episodes in a fall or midseason timeslot with the viewing figures its receiving. however, it does have a high international audience as well as those who watch online/ a DVR recording of the show. of course it would be in trouble going up against ‘Under The Dome’. just like pitting MARVEL’S Agents of Shield up against NCIS on Tuesday nights will have the same effect. a predictable soppy drama about the lust and desires of four rather attractive gorgeous women vs. a big budget sci-fi show written by Steven King of course it would lose. but it is a guilty pleasure for a lot of people, myself included. and the fact that its so predictable is why its so good! ABC whatever you do with season 2 of this show, do not split Joss and Alex up, as the storyline of a sweet adorable lesbian couple is one of the main reasons I watch the show. also whoever wrote those hateful comments about Alyssa; she is curvy (and buxom), which imho is an attractive quality in a woman, she is very attractive and has aged very well, so don’t go calling her ugly!

Comment by Joe Hawkins – August 24, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses is great!!! I need more episodes!!!!

Comment by Naya – August 24, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please continue that show. I am addicted to it. Great TV show

Comment by sanymil – August 24, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love this show! This has brought a highlight to Monday night! Please continue this show for more than 1 season!!!!

Comment by Barb DeWitt – August 25, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on a 2nd season of Mistresses! Love this show!

Comment by Lorraine Gabriel-Schmidt – August 25, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I finally have a show I can watch with my husband that we both enjoy! Please please renew!!! I’m tired of reality shows!!

Comment by Jen – August 26, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE MISTRESSES!!!!

Comment by haba – August 26, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring this back for another season. It is filling a desperate housewives shaped void in my life

Comment by Chantel – August 26, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss this show – put it back!!! I anxiously await for it on Mondays.

Comment by Yahaira – August 26, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE THIS SHOW !!

Comment by Tessa – August 26, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 2!!! SEASON 2!!!! Season 2!!!!!!!

Comment by Alley – August 26, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please bring mistresses back for another season. It was put in a bad time spot this season but I chose to watch mistresses instead of under the dome. It is a great show one I do not miss……..it is right up there with dallas

Comment by jeanne – August 27, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favorite show on tv! It’s funny, sad,intense, enjoyable and I can’t wait until the next episode! Please don’t cancel!! I love it and love,love, the cast!!

Comment by Dianne – August 27, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We are addicted to “Mistresses” Keep more seasons coming–don’t cancel it!

Comment by Jana Showers – August 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew…..the story lines are great.

Comment by jeanne – August 27, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These days most shows fail because as fans we want to love every character as well as the storyline, but most dont deliver, this show has put together a wonderful cast & let’s face it, who doesn’t love Alyssa? I consider this my desperate housewives replacement as most fans do, so I really hope they extend and I’m sure it will have the same success!

Comment by Lorraine – August 27, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love mistresses and i wish more episodes were available more often. waiting a week at a time- the suspense kills me. let alone not knowing if there will be a season 2 i just don’t know what i would do! please please please let there be MORE!

Comment by fleur – August 27, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love mistress, I am soo addicted, I always cant wait for the next show be on again. I cant get enough of it. Its such a good story line. Please keep it on the air. please don’t wait until next summer for it to be back on. I longest I could take not watching it would be until January. It can be a all year around show! Love the show and love the cast. It gets better and better every week when Its on!

Comment by Tabby – August 27, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh please please please sign the ladies up for another season. I’m loving every Monday because of this show.

Comment by ash – August 28, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t cancel mistresses!!!I’m from Greece and every tuesday morning i watch it on the internet!!It’s a very interesting show!!!Come ooon here in Greece we want more of mistresses, more of Alyssa and Harry!!!

Comment by Marina – August 28, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the mistress, please be sure to include it next summer line up. Going to miss it during the winter months. Great show and love all the different plots of the 4 women.

Comment by paula – August 28, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, renew it. This is a fun show!!!! I am SO SICK OF REALITY TV!!!!!!

Comment by melinda mal – August 29, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I need to know what happened to Lucy, and who the father is. This show needs to continue, I believe this show is awesome…

Comment by Rachel – August 29, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew Mistresses! This show is amazing! I watch every week to see the new twists and turns this show takes you on! I love Alyssa and Yunjin, they are 2 of my favorite Actresses. I would be saddened if the show got canceled and left the amount of storyline and plot that could be covered to dust, plus not to mention the four ladies past which we have yet to fully experience.

Comment by Malachi – August 29, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At 1st I thought the show was great and that it could become a show about hiw a couple could survive cheating, how they could bemade stronger. Instead the show has spit on marriage minamized the damage done with such a batryal after a few the cheater was like thats im done saying im sorry time to move on. The show has made the cheater sexy and the husband pathetic and somehow the bad guy. The truth when a man hits on a married women its not flatering its a insult. Its a insult that sugguest she is the kind of women that would be open to something like that. This show had a chance to be groud breaking and truly provocative, instead its cheap tacky and not even a good story it cries desperate housewive wannabe. Lets not even discuss how you have the psychologist who slept with a married man the victum, or how stupid the dead husband faking his death story is. I quit they lost a viewer demand more. Cancel please restore my faith in tv.Cancel.

Comment by paige – August 29, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, renew. I got hooked on it through ABC online. I too want to know who the father of Savi’s baby is. Bring it back in the Fall. Good replacement for Desperate Housewives

Comment by Beth – August 31, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We love mistresses. Bring it back for a second season, we have to see what happens to these women!!!

Comment by Mamie Brightwell – August 31, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a fantastic show and, like many previous commenters have said, I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. Yes, the dead-husband-returning plot is a bit much and I found it odd that Savi the attorney didn’t shed any light on whether April is obligated to contact the authorities that he’s officially alive. She would be out of a lot of life insurance money, which she would most likely have to return, right? Anyway, aside from that little detail being ignored, the show is fabulous!!

Comment by Paula – August 31, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely LOVE this show! I will be so disappointed if it not renewed! Great cast, and great story line. I have Paul and his stupid mistress but they are expendable lol.

Comment by Mari – August 31, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally love this show, definitely can’t wait for Season 2 dying to find out what happens next. Great entertainment!!!!

Comment by Joanna – September 1, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post