Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (828)

• My roommate and I absolutely love this show!! Please bring back many more seasons!!!!
    We absolutely live for Monday nights!!

Comment by Sandy Gaines – August 13, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not hold much hope for this show, but how I was pleasantly surprised with the storylines and the acting skills. Bring the show back for a 2nd season, because I think the show has a lot of potential if the writing continues to be as good as it has been so far.

Comment by AC – August 13, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please…I love me some Mistresses!!!

Comment by Renee – August 13, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Renew this show I love the plot other then all these damn reality television this show is one of my favorites

Comment by Sherley – August 13, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You must bring back Mistresses for another season I have to know what happens with everyone!!! You can’t leave us hanging…..

Comment by Opal – August 13, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg! Mistresses is so addicting! At the end of every episode, you can’t wait till next week for the new one! This a must-see show and ABC needs to keep this show alive!

Comment by Anna – August 13, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes bring it back! I love this show & have been so bummed that its not on anymore! I’m addicted! Love it!

Comment by Layla Wood – August 13, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love this show! I think the title is a perfect fit! It’s super Sexy, has a great story line and great cast. Please please please bring it back for another season!!!

Comment by laura – August 13, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew this show! I’m going nuts waiting for it to come back on!

Comment by Becks – August 13, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! Give us more please!!

Comment by France's Simpson – August 13, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Title made me not want to watch it at first now I’m hooked!!!

Comment by mimi – August 13, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!!! I actually enjoyed Monday nights because I got to watch ‘Mistresses.’ I love the drama and story line.
    Please bring it back for a second season :) :)

Comment by Marie – August 13, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOVE IT! I watched the BBC show Mistresses, of which this is a remake. MORE PLEASE!

Comment by Author Lisa Eve – August 14, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I make time for this show. I will be so sad if it is canceled. It reminds me of desperate housewives and I watched every season of that. Love all the twists and relationships between the friends. Very entertaining !! Renew!

Comment by Stacey – August 14, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show! Please don’t cancel it. I hate it when a show just end out of the blue. I think the cast is awesome!!

Comment by Gwendolyn Cone – August 14, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please DON´T is so predictable!! and the acting is so lame!! except maybe Alyssa M. I didn`t pass the pilot

Comment by MAM – August 14, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love this show need a second season. .. summer wouldn’t be enough we would long forget what we have seen. .. just put it back asap. …
    Ps was the last episode on 7/29

Comment by Melissa – August 14, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Need some more…. I really like this show BUT now with the days of DVR I’m not sure how networks even compete anymore, I never have to pick…. I just DVR it or watch it on ‘on demand’……
    I wish a show I like on CBS couldn’t boot a show I also like on ABC (or any network)

Comment by Lacy – August 14, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep Mistresses on for another season! I love this show & aren’t always able to watch it right away. Could even be a fall series, love it.

Comment by Heather – August 14, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses is the best show on Primetime television! I just had to show my support. Mistresses and Devious Maids are my guilty pleasures.

Comment by Bridget – August 15, 2013 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring Mistresses back…..I’m hooked and lost now on Monday nights !

Comment by Pam Mullins Shumate – August 15, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Mistresses and would love to see it continue! My hubby watches Under The Dome and doesn’t like if I go to the other room so I watch on Hulu the next day while he’s at work. It’s a great show with so many twists and turns and it needs to remain. It’s much more interesting to me than some of those “reality” shows that every station is flooded with.

Comment by Terry Haynes – August 15, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DO NOT CANCEL!! First show in years that is sinfully delish! It has everything I love in a show. Always leaves me wanting more :)

Comment by Angelica – August 15, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is hott!!! Please bring it back!!! It was just getting Juicy! I cannot wait to see what happens next. :)

Comment by Terri – August 15, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back this show. It’s sooooo good… I agree with the name of show… I was not going to watch because of that but I was intrigued and now I’m hooked!

Comment by Elvia Araujo – August 15, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please bring mistresses back I’m so caught up and I am not one to get caught up on shows but this is 1 of only 3 shows I make sure to never miss an episode so that says a lot!

Comment by Nadine – August 16, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring it back I sooo want to know who savi’s babys dad is and what will happen with paul coming back!!!! Give us more pleeeeaaaasssseee

Comment by Amanda – August 16, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please bring it back I am absolutely dying to know who is the baby father and if April let’s her ex see their daughter!! Everyone has there own life experiences w these things everyone can relate!!!! U have to bring it back!!

Comment by smile – August 16, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show it has all the things that make a show great Alyssa Milano is amazing . . Please don’t cancel!

Comment by Gretchen – August 16, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Mistresses! Keep looking ahead at my tv schedule HOPING it will be back on. You guys left it as if there was more to come. PLEASE bring it back on, had my DVR set to record all the new episodes. Need to find out who’s baby Savy is having, what happened to all of them!

Comment by Carol – August 16, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay I can’t stand these women and Alyssa Milano is of course a terrible actress, but they can’t just leave us on a cliff hanger like that! At least not till I know who the baby daddy is!?!?! Make another season and please don’t make me wait till summer 2014!!

Comment by Bethany – August 17, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Please bring it back so I won’t have to go through another arrested development situation, just for you to realize years down the road that this show IS good and does have fans!

Comment by Courtney Williams – August 17, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show watch with my older daughters. Please bring back for season two. Really miss the show.

Comment by Michelle Tovar – August 18, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel mistresses its to only show that i really LOVE to watch! Its one of the best shows that has ever been aired on ABC, hoping for season 2!

Comment by Cassandra Haro – August 18, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Please don’t cancel.

Comment by Michelle – August 18, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this show. Bring it back

Comment by Olivia – August 18, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gotta renew. I miss desperate housewives so I NEED THIS SHOW IN MY LIFE!!!!

Comment by Brittanie – August 18, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I discovered this show online ABC.COM, the previews aired on TV were a little misleading, I didn’t think I would have any interest but I Love this show and want More! I am now a big fan of Alyssa Milano, amazing actresses long with the rest of the cast! Love It!

Comment by Unique – August 18, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! But I do not have the time to watch it when it goes luve in air..so I catch up on abc app which I love! But I havent seen a new episode since july 29th. Im not sure if that was the last episode.or my ipad is just not allowing be to watch it. Sorry for the rambling im just missing the show. Any how renew it!!!

Comment by mandy – August 19, 2013 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome awesome show! I agree, the name isn’t great…

Comment by Karin – August 19, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They left me high and dry, I want to see more!!!!!

Comment by Kaelia – August 19, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooove this show! It’s something all of the girls and I watch at work, the 19-45 year olds! It better have another season!

Comment by ITBETTER – August 19, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show as much as I love Rookie Blue!!! Love Alyssa Milano! I am so happy to see her in such a great show!!! She has always been one of my of my favorite actresses. Please bring Mistresses back for a 2nd season!!!

Comment by Angie – August 19, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep this show on! It’s steamy and good Ike desperate housewives was! I love it.i look forward to this show every week.it just take me awa for an hour! Keep up the hot,steamy awesome work!😃

Comment by Tina – August 19, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • pls renew!!! loving this show haha so juicy and so much drama wootwoot!

Comment by tiffany – August 19, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was upset that I had to wait almost 2 weeks for an episode please renew the show is very interesting and the storyline is brilliantly entertaining.

Comment by lala – August 19, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have lots of shows that I have watched for several years and honestly didnt think I would even like the show but i watched it anyway and turns out on my list of favorite tv shows mistresses is at number one!!! I love the show I think the actresses do an amazing job!! Love love this show and I would be devastated if it gets canceled!! It’s so nice to have a new good tv show instead of another reality show if I wanted reality I wouldn’t watch TV and I honestly get enough reality in my own life!!! Please please don’t cancel the show!!!!!

Comment by Sheena – August 20, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it gets renewed !! i love the mistresses!! I hate the fact that it is even possible that it might get canceled I am so addicted and want to see how it all plays out!! I really hate how a new show comes on and I get hooked and bam after the first season it gets canceled and leaves the viewers hanging almost makes me not even want to watch new shows anymore!!!!!!!

Comment by Sheena – August 20, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Want to see more! A definite keeper!

Comment by CIngram – August 20, 2013 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show please bring it back!!!

Comment by lydia – August 20, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post