Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• Yes yes yes they should definitely renew it for a second season! This show is great!

Comment by Att – August 5, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to have the show come back, they should compare what makes more ratings and also give them more advertising, I really want to finish watching the whole show. The last one I saw was episode 9 and on that day I was looking for the show on abc at 10pm and couldn’t found it anywhere… It really pick up after the first pilot, and things got really interesting, I would love them to come back!

Comment by Lymari – August 5, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew! I’ve been waiting for a show to replace Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives. finally! Jackpot!

Comment by cj – August 6, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favorite show ! Please renew the show for season 2. I just love it. The actors are great. Perfect choice of actors for their parts. Do not cancel.

Comment by joanied – August 6, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses MUST come back!

Comment by D. Wilt – August 6, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do think Alyssa Milano is overweight but it seems like she is possibly losing some of the weight. Also, in the early opening advertisements they show Alyssa with longer hair & thinne & rhe looks so pretty. However, I do understand that her character is an attorney & she is wearing her hair short. I would like to see her look more like she does in the ads.

Comment by Leslie – August 6, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thinner & she looks so pretty.

Comment by Leslie – August 6, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love love loved this show and they should bring it back for more than just a second season.!!!

Comment by Sammi skinner – August 6, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show but agree with other comments about the title. Its actually the only show i looked forward to watching and i will be very dissapointed if it’s over already. Please renew!!

Comment by Sara – August 6, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew the show Mistresses love it.

Comment by Angela Heinen – August 6, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show season2!!!!!

Comment by Jamie woods – August 7, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely a Season 2 is a must. This would be a great summer show since Revenge is on for the Fall/Winter, its the perfect balance, so please please a Season 2 love the show its very intriguing! I don’t watch a whole lot of tv as I dislike many many many of the shows or broadcasting however I make exceptionsfor these two shows please more Mistresses

Comment by MML – August 7, 2013 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like the show keep it going.
    jean

Comment by jean – August 7, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love the show-I don’t usually watch tv at night–but I decided to give it a shot and I am hooked!Outstanding cast and storylines! Please renew this show

Comment by Tina Latham – August 7, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my fave! Shows yet! Love it.

Comment by Allison – August 7, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please extend!! Love the show!

Comment by Anu – August 7, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show. Better than Desperate Housewives. Please extend to season two.

Comment by G. DuLaney – August 7, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to this show every week. Please don’t cancel!!

Comment by Grace – August 7, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEW RENEW RENEW this didn’t think I’d like the show but it has to go on. I need to know who the father of Savvy’s baby is. The stalker issues and more need the second season please

Comment by natasha – August 7, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg I wanna know who the dad is too!!! I am so completely hooked on this show hope the Renew!!!

Comment by Kristy trost – August 10, 2013 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just started watching Mistresses yesterday after my dental hygienist gushed about it while cleaning my teeth. I’ve missed episodes 1-6 so I’ve only seen 3 episodes (7-9) but I’m already hooked. This show is my new guilty pleasure. Please renew for a second season!!!!!

Comment by Tinkerbell – August 7, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show. Please don’t ever cancel!

Comment by sara – August 8, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please extend for a second season!!! Love this show!! We need more shows like this and no more reality TRASH!!!! I like watching real actresses and actors, not little rednecks cursing or teeth less men catching alligators!

Comment by Caitlin – August 8, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show….sure hope abc keeps it running

Comment by Joanna – August 9, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes yes yes yes I am craving for more mistresses love that show so does my gfs and my aunt we all sit at my place or one of my friends and watch it we record it on our DVRs so we can watch it again!

Comment by Kristy trost – August 10, 2013 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Reminds me of desperate housewives!

Comment by Maghan Young – August 10, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely…. bring Mistresess back for another season. I’m glad there is a night time soap for grownups. Tired of the (not so) reality shows!

Comment by Julie T – August 10, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love this show!!! I’m totally addicted !!! Like many others I also watch it on line just because of my busy schedule. Please keep this one coming. 😃

Comment by Leena – August 11, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most definitely YES. They had better renew Mistresses. I have watched every episode and we HAVE to find out about the baby….please…….RENEW….waiting for it.

Comment by Cookie – August 11, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it, but so tired of the Thomas Grey storyline!! Not sure what to do with Dr. Kim then though. She’s fantastic, but this is killing the show for me.

Comment by Lala – August 11, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show please bring it back

Comment by ceci – August 11, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel!!!
    I love this show!

Comment by Amy – August 11, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please bring another season this shows sooooooooo amazingly good!!! And please bring back 666 park ave!!!,

Comment by andrea – August 11, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please don’t leave us hanging! this show is great. I want more

Comment by Brandi – August 11, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes it’s a great show! Too many times shows are cut before giving audiences a chance to check them out.

Comment by Nikki lc – August 11, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew the show

Comment by Bobby D – August 12, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tv just plain sucks nowadays. Shows are usually filled with dumb humor & lame lines & bad acting. Finally there is an interesting program with good acting & it’s going to get canceled? Very disappointing! ABC needs to give it a chance.. It takes awhile for the word to spread! Ive been telling everyone to check it out.. And now it’s not even on!!

Comment by Ladybug – August 12, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For real! That’s why I’m even on this site, I was trying to find out if its coming back on or not….

Comment by Lacy – August 14, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The season resumes Aug. 19.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 14, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Is it true it is coming back this Monday the 19th, YAY!

Comment by Rebecca1218 – August 15, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know what happened to this show? Was it cancelled? I hope not.

Comment by Rachael – August 12, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring the show back for another season. Its hot and steamy but not too much,just the right amount. How is the father?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Maggie – August 12, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! PLEASE BRING BACK SECOND SEASON!!!

Comment by Rebekah Means – August 12, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I have to say is I love the show and if you are just going to end up cancelling it, tell me NOW so I can Stop watching NOW. There is nothing more irritating than investing a lot of time into a show only to have the network cut it. That is the Exact reason I no longer watch the CW. Give the show a chance…

Comment by Roberto – August 12, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please bring on a 2nd episode!!! I’m curious on who Savi’s babies dad is…and I agree Paul and his mistress need there butts kicked!! This is an awesome show I really hope they renew it.

Comment by katie – August 12, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant show. Looking forward to Season 2, any day, any time! Awesome acting Ladies and Gentlemen

Comment by D – August 12, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You bet you sweet bippy I want ‘MISTRESSES’ back on! What’s the matter with you folks over there? Ratings? Who are you getting your info from? Great show, I look forward to the nest episode.

Comment by Vall – August 12, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love watching mistresses i love the drama and the mystery of it!

Comment by Liz – August 12, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The acting in this show is horrible on all counts and it is straying from the original BBC Mistresses which was an AMAZING show. I wouldn’t mind this being cancelled and if you really want to see a good show watch the original BBC Mistresses on Netflix!!!

Comment by D D – August 13, 2013 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING IT BACK I was sooo mad when it didn’t come on! and I don’t care if its a fall one! but all I know is I can’t wait a year! please bring it back. im 13 and I’m obsessed!😁

Comment by maya – August 13, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!!!! I am already craving it!!!!

Comment by Tara – August 13, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep it on all year. I think it is better than “Housewives”. You have me wanting more. It is one of my guilty pleasures. The title did throw me off in the beginning but I Love this show. I am sick of the Bravo Housewives, can not stand Under The Dome. I need to know what happens next.

Comment by Rebecca1218 – August 13, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back mistresses i love this show!!! Common ABC…u get me hooked and leave me hanging..unfair:/

Comment by Brielle Gordon – August 13, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My sister got me on this show…im addicted lol please i need my fix pronto…& a season 2 would be even better:)

Comment by Destiny Hayes – August 13, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post