Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (828)

• Yes please!!!! Make it all year show… I know is imposible but well… Keep it going! I love the show snd even my husband is waching it!!

Comment by Mia – July 18, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show CANNOT get canceled!! I don’t even watch tv, and I actually leave work on time on Mondays, just to make it home in time to watch it . I think the show has great writers! I’m hooked!

Comment by Ladybug – August 12, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the definition of a guilty pleasure. I hate that I even started watching it, and I hate that I like it so much. But I can’t get enough of it!

Comment by Grace – July 18, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the show I just cant stand the blond girl she has no story line “oh her sleeping with everyone or trying to bang her boss”. The problem with this show is in the very first episode they threw everything out there in the u.k. version everything was done in 3 seasons.. I just hope they get rid of the blond girl and get someone else

Comment by jess – July 18, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for sure think there should be a second season!! The storyline is fabolous! Love the actresses! There is suspense, intrigue, beautiful people to watch! Love it simply!!

Comment by Valentijn Civi – July 18, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *fingers crossed*

Comment by James – July 18, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew mistresses for a second season!!!

Comment by Billy Martins – July 20, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more Jes Macallan the better!!! So I say renew!

Comment by Jordyne Jones (@JordyneNicole) – July 20, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mistresses! Have been watching Alyssa Milano since Who’s The Boss days! Love her

Comment by Tracy – July 20, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cane across this show on Hulu and I definitely am hooked to this show. I screamed when he dead husband showed up at the door. And screamed more that there were no more episodes. Please bring on season 2.

Comment by Skye – July 21, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE THE SHOW and not just for the summer. The time slot is perfect as it is veg time and great adult content. GREAT SHOW.

Comment by Barbara – July 22, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy this show. I agree it should be a summer show like Rookie Blue. I definitely vote for a second season.

Comment by Euva – July 22, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show. Definately needs to be renewed.. Must see TV!!!

Comment by Cindy – July 22, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is great. It is very fast paced but that doesn’t run out of juicy material. I just want to keep watching more.

Comment by Yer – July 23, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes Renew Mistresses! It is a fun engaging show. I am always sad when it dens!

Comment by Dana – July 23, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes Renew Mistresses! It is a fun engaging show. I am always sad when it ends!

Comment by Dana – July 23, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love love this show!! At first i thought it was a bit too raunchy for my taste.. But soon I saw that the show had fantastic story lines, actresses and real heartfelt emotion. Def my favorite show… Never miss it!!!

Comment by Fayebaye – July 23, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show

Comment by Liz – July 23, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! Love this show! :) Please bring it back for a second season…

Comment by Asalia C. – July 24, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES!!!! ABC must renew Mistresses!! It has only been getting better and juicier with every episode and the stories need to continue. All the actresses and actors have done an amazing job and should be rewarded with a second season.

Comment by shannon – July 24, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My God! I never thought I would get hooked onto this show, but I did. This last episode was awesome and the previews for next week look great. I can’t wait and I hope ABC renews and keeps this a summer treat.

Comment by Rob Olivier – July 24, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ladies I work with and I love this show and love to talk about it. Please extend it, I am getting to a point where I don’t want to start watching a new show cause if I get into it there is a good chance that it will get cancelled. Please please please let there be a season 2!!!!!

Comment by Michelle Johnson – July 24, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew mistresses for a 2nd season. It’s fun and thrilling all at the same time!!!!!

Comment by Grey – July 25, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m addicted! New season! New Season!

Comment by R K – July 26, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please RENEW!!

Comment by Adia – July 28, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew. It is probably one of the most realsitic dramas out there! I love it!

Comment by LaVette – July 28, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A second summer would be good, but not the regular season. Like the actors, but the plots except for Savi/Harry/Dom are awfully silly, which is the point of summer shows

Comment by shelly – July 29, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and think it deserves to last.. So please keep it around and let it do it’s work.. It’s fun and most entertaining thing on tv recently.. It’s a lot
    Of fun and reminds me of desperate housewives.. Also love Alyssa Milano and think she deserves to have this show run.. Only thing is I don’t wanna wait until next summer to see the second season

Comment by Pat maiolo – July 29, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show ever please please please renew

Comment by Jane Dow – July 29, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would be really silly to leave a continuation to next summer and it should run over the winter also.

Comment by Barbara – August 2, 2013 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I love the show it keeps me on the edge of my seat and I have seen real life Savi in my daily life bring it back. All of the actresses are amazing. Bring on season 2

Comment by Lori Flowers – July 29, 2013 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CRAPOLA!…In other words; CRAP!

Comment by John Craig – July 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely LOVE this show! Please continue with another season .

Comment by Kelly – July 30, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show has to be renew. Its really good, interesting and I Believe that a second season its going to be awesome. So, hoping for a second season!! Pelase guys give us a second season!

Comment by Luli6363 – July 30, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great great show. Never missed an episode.please keep this great show running.

Comment by S – July 31, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adding another vote in the “Thumbs WAY Up” column…LOVE LOVE LOVE this show and am dreaded the Season Finale for lack of something to look forward to on TV….BRING BACK FOR SEASON 2!!!!

Comment by Serene – July 31, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show till the dead husband came back, and keeps coming back!!!! Stop it already!!!
    If it keeps up with there outlandish story lines its going to turn off people just like desperate housewives did when it ended. The name mistresses is good at first, but, how many of these woman can keep sleeping with other peoples husbands to live up to the name for a long term show.. Not the best choice, but definately an eye catcher! They need to slow it down a little and have one or two actors go through serious drama at a time, or the show will burn out quickly.

All and all i think its pretty good, and has left me hanging at the end and wanting to watch next week. I like Alissa Milano’s role the best so far, and Dr Kim is the most stupid doctor I have ever seen getting involved with this whole family and not staying away from them like Savy told her to, but then again..most doctors are like that. No comon sense!

Comment by Angel – July 31, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree- Dr. Kim is the only weak character. I don’t buy it, but the rest of the cast is fantastic!

Comment by M smith – August 2, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. Please.

Comment by Shelley – August 1, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be cancelled.. Awful

Comment by Samantha – August 1, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of this show and that old hag Alyssa Milano…when will she disappear for good???? Can’t stand that bitch.

Comment by The_One_Critic – August 2, 2013 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She filmed this right after giving birth, so she was.a little heavier. She is a hot actress, as is the rest of the cast.

Comment by M smith – August 2, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s just rude. Even if you dont like her you don’t have to call her names..Be a little classier than that.

Comment by Samantha – August 4, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t like her then don’t watch the show.

Comment by Kayla – August 4, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t like her then don’t watch the show

Comment by Kayla – August 4, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!
    It would be cruel if u cancel it.

Comment by Hannah bloom – August 2, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, my favorite show right now! Please renew!

Comment by M smith – August 2, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live this new show. Bring it on!

Comment by Linda cotta – August 3, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes…please!

Comment by Nicole – August 3, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSS! Renew it for another Season! I love this show and Alyssa Milano :)

Comment by Samantha – August 4, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they renew for another season, the shows great!! I hope they keep it around for a while!!

Comment by Kayla – August 4, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Its the only reason I look forward to Mondays!

Comment by Angela – August 5, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep it coming… already miss my show for tonight… what to watch?

Comment by Elisabeth Thomas – August 5, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! Please Renew for a Second Season!!! I think it would be great to have as a Summer show like Rookie Blue! : )

Comment by Stacy P – August 5, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!! Please do not cancel.

Comment by Love it from cincinnati – August 5, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the most horrible show I’ve ever seen!

Comment by Louie – August 5, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!!!

Comment by kj – August 5, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show – agree that the name ‘Mistresses’ isn’t the best. I actually wish it was a fall/winter show, either way will watch it!

Comment by Magg – August 5, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post