Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (828)

• I love this show I have to record just so I can watch it. This show is like desperate housewives its got that pull ya in and u have to know what’s going on. Please run a second season.

Comment by Shawna – September 25, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great show ,needs to come back for a second outing at least. Tere are so many story lines to explore with these beautiful women, UK fan

Comment by Roger Carter – September 25, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay 😄 mistresses was renewed! Can’t wait to see next season. Film quickly. And thank you soooooo much for renewing!

Comment by Nadine – September 26, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Might sound random but I’m living in China right now per contract and my Chinese friends (who introduced me to the show) and I would wait each week to get this show posted onto youku.com so we could watch it right after it was broadcast back home. They love this show over here too! I hope they don’t cancel it. I personally think the actresses are really too good to cancel the show on them. It’s got to be hard for Kim to take on such a role not in her native language but I am still beyond impressed and hope they write better for her. In fact, the writing of dialogue between the actresses could be made to seem a bit more real, they are all capable of doing more and probably want to as good actresses. Don’t cancel! :)

Comment by MNalltheway – September 26, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yh….it has to be renewed……u cant leave me crying a pool a tears…..the must be a light at the end of the tunnel

Comment by hennesy26 – September 28, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! renew! second season please, I LOVE this ShOW… i look forward to the next episode every wk.

Comment by Jean – September 28, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring this show back it’s amazing and a wonderful show great cast just a great show altogether.

Comment by Jasmine – September 28, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it back. I love this show.

Comment by Carol – September 29, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it!!! Please renew!!

Comment by Rebecca – September 29, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please more of this show, it wasn’t so bad of a Monday knowing I could come home and watch this show

Comment by Gina – September 30, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will the second season begin? Are they really going to make us wait til next summer?

Comment by tr – September 30, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, renew. I missed the last show and it is driving me crazy. I hope you save my sanity and bring it back. SOON.

Comment by Betty – October 2, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We enjoyed the Mistresses very much. We are seniors and did not like the title. It is really very misleading. Please bring back the show even if you keep the same misleading title. We loved it. Very interesting and exciting. Doesn’t matter what time — we will DVD it.

Comment by Sassy and Chesnut – October 4, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love this show… please renew it

Comment by Rinnelle Reid – October 4, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does the second season of Mistresses start?
    I absolutely love this show & cast! I have several peeps also addicted to this show! We can’t wait for it to start! :)

Comment by Christine – October 5, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Yes!! Wanting more and more….BRING IT BACK!

Comment by Mz.Lovee – October 5, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KEEP THE SHOW! KEEP THE SHOW! Oh my goodness, this is a great drama filled show and it’s great to follow every week.. pleeeeaassseee bring a second season!

Comment by Lindsay Cox – October 8, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have too say WOW!!!!! that was a crazy ending, and hope they bring back MISTRESSES loved every EPISODE. Please bring it back, because we need SEASON 2.

Comment by missy – October 9, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is this awesome series returning…I am totally hooked and was so disappointed when it ended!!

Comment by Mel – October 15, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I loooove this show! So happy to hear it was picked up for another season. Hopefully it will last! Its very addicting…

Comment by Cyndi – October 20, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, really hope it comes back can’t wait to see what happens

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – October 20, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this old news or are thy talking about next year all of these seem to be last month when it ended with Savi in the hospital. Has it been renewed for next year?

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – October 20, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am obsessed with this show, this is the best show ever, please continue……..

Comment by Jennifer – October 21, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Mistresses…!!! Please bring it back…!!!

Comment by Jacqueline – October 29, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring mistresses back! LOVE THE SHOW!!!!

Comment by Ana – November 3, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL…..LOVE THIS SHOW!!

Comment by Julie – November 9, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Yes! Yes! Please bring Mistresses back! I loved the show!!! I’m so lost without Desperate Housewives and now on ABC all they place is crime shows (which I love) but a little much!?!? WE WANT MISTRESSES BACK!!!!!!!

Comment by Dawn Saunier – December 3, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you keep posting that it has extended thru September? That was LAST YEAR Why don’t you give us an update for this year Hope it is renewed. It is great

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – January 2, 2014 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back the show!!!!

Comment by Julissa – January 12, 2014 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show it’s unlike any other.

Comment by laci – January 30, 2014 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show…each episode always left me wanting more. Please, please, please bring it back!!!

Comment by JazzyB – February 4, 2014 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • have to renew it, to find out what happens to April, and Savi

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – February 4, 2014 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, and I keep checking back for more episodes. Until then I’ll just watch the old ones again.

Comment by Sherin – February 6, 2014 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE extend the show!!!! I LOVE it…and my husband does too!! ;)

Comment by ~Jacki – February 6, 2014 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Please Pleaseeeeee bring this show back!!!! It is one of my absolute fav’s!!! I can relate to it in so many ways and it has helped me get through alot of hardships!

Comment by Stephanie – February 10, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please continue Mistresses for a second season. I looked forward to the show each week! I am hooked and want to see what happens to all the gals!! Please renew ABC!!!

Comment by Mary Ann – February 12, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have renewed Mistresses I read that the other day that it will start sometime this summer

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – February 12, 2014 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make a second season!

Comment by Margaret – February 26, 2014 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring mistresses back me and my mom love this show

Comment by shannon – March 3, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been wondering what happened to this show! Please bring it back me & my honey love this show, we watch it together!

Comment by Patty – March 16, 2014 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big fan of Mistresses and hope to see it return in the summer of 2014 and beyond!!!

Comment by Yolanda – March 23, 2014 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post