Exclusive

Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options -- Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

1. Shawna says:

I love this show I have to record just so I can watch it. This show is like desperate housewives its got that pull ya in and u have to know what’s going on. Please run a second season.

2. Roger Carter says:

great show ,needs to come back for a second outing at least. Tere are so many story lines to explore with these beautiful women, UK fan

3. Nadine says:

Yay 😄 mistresses was renewed! Can’t wait to see next season. Film quickly. And thank you soooooo much for renewing!

4. MNalltheway says:

Might sound random but I’m living in China right now per contract and my Chinese friends (who introduced me to the show) and I would wait each week to get this show posted onto youku.com so we could watch it right after it was broadcast back home. They love this show over here too! I hope they don’t cancel it. I personally think the actresses are really too good to cancel the show on them. It’s got to be hard for Kim to take on such a role not in her native language but I am still beyond impressed and hope they write better for her. In fact, the writing of dialogue between the actresses could be made to seem a bit more real, they are all capable of doing more and probably want to as good actresses. Don’t cancel! :)

5. hennesy26 says:

yh….it has to be renewed……u cant leave me crying a pool a tears…..the must be a light at the end of the tunnel

6. Jean says:

YES! renew! second season please, I LOVE this ShOW… i look forward to the next episode every wk.

7. Jasmine says:

Please bring this show back it’s amazing and a wonderful show great cast just a great show altogether.

8. Carol says:

Bring it back. I love this show.

9. Rebecca says:

I love it!!! Please renew!!

10. Gina says:

Please more of this show, it wasn’t so bad of a Monday knowing I could come home and watch this show

11. tr says:

When will the second season begin? Are they really going to make us wait til next summer?

12. Betty says:

Please, please, renew. I missed the last show and it is driving me crazy. I hope you save my sanity and bring it back. SOON.

13. We enjoyed the Mistresses very much. We are seniors and did not like the title. It is really very misleading. Please bring back the show even if you keep the same misleading title. We loved it. Very interesting and exciting. Doesn’t matter what time — we will DVD it.

14. Rinnelle Reid says:

love this show… please renew it

15. Christine says:

When does the second season of Mistresses start?
    I absolutely love this show & cast! I have several peeps also addicted to this show! We can’t wait for it to start! :)

16. Mz.Lovee says:

Yes!!! Yes!! Wanting more and more….BRING IT BACK!

17. Lindsay Cox says:

KEEP THE SHOW! KEEP THE SHOW! Oh my goodness, this is a great drama filled show and it’s great to follow every week.. pleeeeaassseee bring a second season!

18. missy says:

I have too say WOW!!!!! that was a crazy ending, and hope they bring back MISTRESSES loved every EPISODE. Please bring it back, because we need SEASON 2.

19. Mel says:

When is this awesome series returning…I am totally hooked and was so disappointed when it ended!!

20. Cyndi says:

Yes I loooove this show! So happy to hear it was picked up for another season. Hopefully it will last! Its very addicting…

21. Jeri Dickinson says:

Love the show, really hope it comes back can’t wait to see what happens

22. Jeri Dickinson says:

Is this old news or are thy talking about next year all of these seem to be last month when it ended with Savi in the hospital. Has it been renewed for next year?

23. Jennifer says:

I am obsessed with this show, this is the best show ever, please continue……..

24. Jacqueline says:

I Love Mistresses…!!! Please bring it back…!!!

25. Ana says:

please bring mistresses back! LOVE THE SHOW!!!!

26. Julie says:

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL…..LOVE THIS SHOW!!

27. Dawn Saunier says:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Please bring Mistresses back! I loved the show!!! I’m so lost without Desperate Housewives and now on ABC all they place is crime shows (which I love) but a little much!?!? WE WANT MISTRESSES BACK!!!!!!!

28. Jeri Dickinson says:

Why do you keep posting that it has extended thru September? That was LAST YEAR Why don’t you give us an update for this year Hope it is renewed. It is great

29. Julissa says:

Please bring back the show!!!!

30. laci says:

I love this show it’s unlike any other.

31. JazzyB says:

Love this show…each episode always left me wanting more. Please, please, please bring it back!!!

32. Sherin says:

I love this show, and I keep checking back for more episodes. Until then I’ll just watch the old ones again.

33. ~Jacki says:

PLEASE extend the show!!!! I LOVE it…and my husband does too!! ;)

34. Stephanie says:

Please Please Pleaseeeeee bring this show back!!!! It is one of my absolute fav’s!!! I can relate to it in so many ways and it has helped me get through alot of hardships!

35. Mary Ann says:

Please continue Mistresses for a second season. I looked forward to the show each week! I am hooked and want to see what happens to all the gals!! Please renew ABC!!!

36. Jeri Dickinson says:

They have renewed Mistresses I read that the other day that it will start sometime this summer

37. Margaret says:

Please make a second season!

38. shannon says:

please bring mistresses back me and my mom love this show

39. Patty says:

I’ve been wondering what happened to this show! Please bring it back me & my honey love this show, we watch it together!

40. Yolanda says:

I am a big fan of Mistresses and hope to see it return in the summer of 2014 and beyond!!!

41. Kalena says:

I’m still waiting to see what happens!

42. natalie says:

Love the show and the cast, so happy it’s Coming back on. I can’t wait!

43. Charlotte says:

I love the show. Please bring it back!! I’m waiting to see what happens next!

44. Porchia Stober says:

I Just love Mistressess i cant get enough i actually watch it over and over and i am over excited for session 2 really that series motivates woman on how to stay strong and how to handle things in life i am a married woman and because of watching mistressess Savi actually motivated me on how to deal with things its a really really good series i love it.

45. maureen says:

please don’t cancel this show. Its so fun and interesting!!!

• Lilly says:

I saw the show tonight, I mean I peak a little bit when I change the channel and I was happy that it’s back, I have it recorded automatically so I know I won’t missed it.. Hopefully they bring back new and exiting things!

46. ateeya says:

Im craving more mistresses please bring it back soon

47. ateeya says:

I want more sooon

48. Marga says:

So mad that they aired an extra Bachelors tell all tonight instead of Mistresses. I look forward to watching Mistresses on Monday nights — it’s an intriguing show. That Bachelor/Bachelorette show is plain stupid. Can’t stand it.

49. Andrea Espinoza says:

Love love love this show I’m hooked, great acting, great story lines, good lookin men & women all around great show, who doesn’t like it. I’ve told some people who just hadn’t heard of it so they def want to start watching!

50. Lady A says:

I missed the first season. There was nothing worth watching one Monday night so I started watching this show. That’s the best decision I made. I love the suspense of what’s going to happen next with each character. I believe the show is well written and I will continue to watch every week. Please do not take this one off the air. It’s a hit for me. Thanks ABC😊