Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• I love this show!! You can’t leave us hanging…..does Savvy live, who got shot….????? Just do us all a favor & bring it back….please and thank you!

Comment by Dana Carlisle – September 17, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show!

Comment by Tabatha Cheverie – September 17, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring the show back!!!!! Stop cancelling all the good shows for that reality crap. BRING MISTRESSES BACK!!!!!!

Comment by ms.marykay – September 17, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She needs Harry…love him❤ and we need a season 2 ❤ please!!!

Comment by Laurie Kuchler – September 17, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We all who love Mitresses need answers. You cannot leave us hanging. This was the only summer show I watched every week.

Comment by Kathy – September 18, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You must keep the show going!!! It’s too good to stop after one season!!

Comment by Kelly – September 18, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEW!!!! Best show ever!

Comment by Alexis – September 18, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want another season and maybe another after that….. Pissed me off when Desperate Housewives were taken off so abruptly so lets get it together, if your going to get us interested in a good show, do not remove it from us as you did this one without a clue of when its coming back/or not! Please do not keep us waiting to long!

Comment by Karen Budak – September 18, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE bring this show back. We wanna know did Savi die is she gonna chose her baby daddy lol or her husband?

Comment by Christine – September 18, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You MUST renew this show for a2nd season…you cannot leave me hanging like this!!!

Comment by Dori – September 18, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!! Please DO NOT CANCEL!! I look forward to watching it every week. I wish it was on in the fall season.

Comment by Lina – September 18, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • renew… please! love it. can’t wait

Comment by Leticia – September 18, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll yea! Can’t just end it s1 like that either.

Comment by Tae – September 19, 2013 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FANTASTIC show!! Perfect night-time soap!!! I have my hubby and 20-yr old niece hooked as well. Please continue on!! :))

Comment by Jacki – September 19, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually…how about a FALL SEASON!!!! Then we won’t have to wait as long :)

Comment by Jacki – September 19, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A fall show would be great, forget the summer Love that show.

Comment by Georgia – September 19, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Deff need to see what happens please dont end it with savi dieing in the hospital

Comment by Hannah – September 19, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE renew!!! There are many series out there but they’re all the same!! Mistresses is finally different!!! I luv it!!

Comment by Amy – September 19, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another season would be greatly appreciated!! The sooner the better. Mistresses is the new hit series!!!

Comment by Crystal – September 19, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really like watching TV BUT, this show is awesome ! Please bring it back, I feel lost without it :)

Comment by Melissa – September 20, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEEEEEEEW! It would be totally worth it.

Comment by Momo – September 20, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes of course we want mor mistresses,

Comment by Alayne – September 20, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show bring it back on for season 2

Comment by Nancy – September 20, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes season two!!!!! Nice to see mothers put their children first yet have steamy drama that real women have. Please bring it back :) FAVORITE SHOW EVER!

Comment by Kels – September 20, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring this show back, I even got my husband to watch this show, and he has never watch a show like this.

Comment by Joan Haynes – September 20, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abc please renew Mistresses, my whole family is addicted to it!

Comment by 4mistresses – September 20, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can they not renew it with that season ender???

Comment by Crystal – September 21, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the only show i watch. Mondays are always stressful days and knowing i had this show to watch in the evening made me look forward to the end of the day!

Comment by Hortense – September 21, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please don’t cancel this show!! My family and I loved it!! One of the best shows out there!!!

Comment by Erin – September 21, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show had me and my husband bawling at the end…pleasssssssse don’t cancel!!!!

Comment by Erin – September 21, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses is the first good show ABC has offered in years. I’m getting really tired of reality shows that aren’t real and shows that wouldn’t hold my interest for 5 minutes. Learn from USA network, keep Mistresses.

Comment by Jackie – September 21, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Please bring it back for the second season. I cant wait to see if savi survive and if karen is dead.

Comment by Juanita – September 21, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abc always considers canceling the good shows. Whatever happened to having enough faith in the show/writers to commit to a long term show? I guess those days are over, no more “Happy Days”. I miss the old America where everyone had an attention span larger then a flea!

Comment by Donna – September 22, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THAN not then!

Comment by Donna – September 22, 2013 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel this show!!! I can’t wait till season 2. I’m devastated and anxious for season 2!!!

Comment by Nancy – September 22, 2013 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please please bring this show back and to a regular spot and not just a summer replacement. I haven’t looked forward to watching much this year and this show is different from all the others.

Comment by Al – September 22, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But of course renew!! you’ll be crazy not too. I’m embarrassed to say I love it!!

Comment by kiki – September 22, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew this show for a second season! It’s the best show on tv. I’m so hooked to it. I need to know who savy choses!! Please please please renew it!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Comment by Gina – September 22, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2nd season for sure!!!

Comment by rebecca – September 23, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Second season pleaseeeeee!!! I love the show, I’m hooked.

Comment by Ali – September 23, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please a second season is definitely needed. All of my friends who are not able to watch the night the show airs watches on hulu. We know that still counts. I heard that if you watch within 72 hrs it’s counted towards the ratings. So please bring Misstresses back!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Beatrice King – September 23, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses can’t be over. You can’t leave us hanging like this. I looked forward every Monday night to Mistresses and Castle.

Comment by Diane Williams – September 23, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please…love this show! How bout lots more seasons!

Comment by Andrea – September 23, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please bring back misstresses!!!! I love this show

Comment by Amelia – September 23, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have all the episodes on PVR. When it didn’t air last week or this week, I went on line to see whether it will be airing this fall. Don’t tell me it’s cancelled?!!!! I LOVE this show!!!

Comment by Debi Gayowski – September 23, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see more Mistresse. Love the show. Please play more been waiting evey Monday for a new episode.

Comment by Tabitha – September 23, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses is a KEEPER!

Comment by Marsha – September 23, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG u have to bring mistresses back for another season I’m already goin crazy seeing if there are any updates on the show. It is sooo interesting and juicy and so entertaining. I love the entire cast especially Alyssa Milano she’s so beautiful. Please bring it back for another season it’s not fair to tease us like that.

Comment by Sara John – September 24, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have to do season 2! as sad is it sounds is what gets me thru mondays lol

Comment by ale – September 24, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the show running please and thank you. I really look forward each Monday evening, after a long, busy day. Watching this show helps let the mind go. Thank you.

Comment by Sloan – September 24, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the show running, please.

Comment by Sloan – September 24, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! DEFINITELY NEED ANOTHER SEASON!!!

Comment by Desirae – September 24, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post