Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• Please please renew… Best show since housewives… Finally a show we can’t wait to talk about the next day at work!!!!

Comment by Eileen – September 14, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew please.

Comment by GotiaC – September 14, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • scandal is my favorite show and then came mistresses. thank you please renew!

Comment by passion – September 14, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes and yes i want more Mistresses!!!

Comment by tricia – September 14, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More please!! Would love to see Harry and Savi back together!!

Comment by irene – September 14, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses has to come back, watch every episode with my daugther love the show. Please bring it back. Hope that we wouldn’t have to wait one year.

Comment by Natalie – September 15, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree.th best since sesparate housewives. cnt believe th season is even over.i’d patiently wait a year for anatha sn even if it wer 2more episodes. please gve me somethng to look forward to.pleeeeeeeeeease.

Comment by Esther Musee – September 15, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You Have To Bring The Show Back!! So Much Drab TV What Will We Be L eft With?? Bring It Back!!

Comment by Audra Foster (@bizzgirl35) – September 15, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Season 2!!!

Comment by stephanie – September 15, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show keeps getting better… I need another season!

Comment by Kyle – September 15, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew. I loved it. Really helped to get through my Monday know I can sit and relax and watch the girls.

Comment by Jamie – September 15, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When my husband & I first saw the previews for this we were like whatever then we ended up watching the first episode & haven’t missed one since! We are totally hooked can’t wait for season 2!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it going!!!

Comment by Stephanie R – September 15, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The season finale was so good! The actors work so well together. I was on the edge of my seat watching. It was action packed and so much drama. Can’t wait for next season. Please don’t cancel.

Comment by Consuelo – September 15, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mistressess Please don’t cancel it, need to know what happens to Savi and who got shot.

Comment by Jeri Dickinson – September 15, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please renew this show! Love it!

Comment by Wherethefurflies – September 15, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes yes yes yes yes please season 2 What happened will happen in savy’s life

Comment by Jasdes – September 15, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please do not cancel Mistresses – so much better than some of the shows out there.

Comment by lorie casarietti ; – September 15, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!!! Love the cast, twists, different than other shows!! Looking forward to see what the writers come up w. savi, Karen, all of them… Hope abc pulls this through!!

Comment by Jenn – September 15, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew… Awesome cast, plots, different then other shows. Interested to see what writers can do w. it, savi, Karen the whole cast! Hope abc pulls through!

Comment by Jenn – September 15, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can’t leave us hanging after a finale like that. Mistresses has to continue!!! Love Alyssa Milano’s character of Savy!!

Comment by Kristen Erick – September 15, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG ! YES THE SHOW DEFINITELY HAS TO CONTINUEE !!!!

Comment by JOE JOE – September 16, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!!!! Please renew!!!

Comment by Christine – September 16, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show please bring it back for another season

Comment by KeKe Lundy – September 16, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE BRING BACK MISTRESSES MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE THE SHOW. GREAT CAST AND WRITERS.

Comment by robinson – September 16, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such a great show I looked forward to it each week – I hope they renew for another season.

Comment by Debbie – September 16, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on season two of mistresses!! I cannot even wait to see what happens!!! I love this show!!!

Comment by Jen – September 16, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BIG FAT YES!! bring this juicy! show back!! its my guilty pleasure! bring it back next summer cause it cannot be canceled with that cliff hanger!!!! love the cast! love this show! need a season 2!!

Comment by Alex – September 16, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep it! I have been sad since housewives went off ABC…. I am hoping this is going to be just as juicy!

Comment by Amanda Estes – September 16, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love Love it! Look so forward to watching it keep it going!

Comment by Katherine – September 16, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please please please bring the show back amazing show fan base will only continue to get bigger im sure

Comment by jenie – September 16, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and I have watched every one…PLEASE bring it back. All it does is get better and better. The cast is excellent too! Do not leave us hanging…

Comment by Michael Weatherwax – September 16, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch a lot of TV but I look forward to every Monday night. This show has me hooked. One of the best shows I’ve ever watched. Its addicting and i will be very upset if there is not a second season! I’m already upset that its not dom tonight! Lol

Comment by Sarah – September 16, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep it they can’t leave us in the side lines wandering what happened to Savy and Karen. I hate when a show stops and doesn’t show how things ended.

Comment by Linda Wever – September 16, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!!! Bring it back please!!!

Comment by Stephanie dederman – September 16, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • keep it! don’t you know a winner when you see one?

Comment by michael kiwi – September 16, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK THE SHOW! WOMAN LOVE THIS. IT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST DRAMAS I HAVE EVER SEEN. AND I MEAN EVER! I WILL BE DEVASTATED IF THE SHOW DOESNT COME BACK!

Comment by roshelle – September 16, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is great!!! Like a breath of fresh air for TV!!! Love the characters, love the storyline, love everything about this show! Please renew/extend!!! The only reason to watch TV on Monday nights!!! Seriously!!!

Comment by Robin – September 16, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes more please!!!!

Comment by Robin guerra – September 16, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need season 2 of Mistresses!!!

Comment by D – September 16, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best series on tv–please don’t cancel

Comment by joyce kurtz – September 16, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic show, I even have my husband hooked! I watch it in my iPad app, and rematch shows too so I don’t miss anything. Thanks!,

Comment by Christinem – September 16, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome show and story line
    And amazing cast
    Please bring it back soon
    With more twist

Comment by Hannah – September 16, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do hope that Mistresses will continue on to a 2nd season! It would also be a shame if
    they kill of Alysia Milano!

Comment by Barbara Goodman – September 16, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree this show is great n I wanna see more I’m hooked 😍👍👌❤

Comment by Maritza – September 16, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The finale was insane! Does Savi die? Who was shot in Karen’s home? Will April find love? All the more reason to have a second season with so many unknowns. The suspense is killing me!!

Comment by Jessica – September 17, 2013 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t get enough of this show. I really hope I see it come back especially after such a finale! One of the best shows ever if you ask me :)

Comment by Goody – September 17, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING IT BACK!!!! There is no way you can leave us hanging. Guilty pleasure for sure :)

Comment by Robin – September 17, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i say yes i think it is a great show an needs to stay on air for they have canceled many other shows that were good private practice being one and the doctors from cali were awesome from nip tuck show

Comment by bridgette – September 17, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Definitely want to see another season. I love the way it ended but will be irate if there isn’t another season. Really looking forward to seeing more! From the first episode I was hooked. There aren’t many shows that get me tuned in from the very beginning. I am already an avid follower. Keep it going!!! Please!

Comment by Sarah – September 17, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG…you CANNOT have a season finale like that and NOT come back for another season!! It’s on my list of MUST SEE’S!!!!

Comment by Tracy Bedwell – September 17, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post