Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• Love this show! Please renew for a second season.

Comment by Big Fan – September 11, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLEASE return Mistresses!!! I wait all week for this show. The acting and story line is great!!

Comment by Peggy Johnson – September 11, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes bring it back for season 2 I loved the show and the girls drama its an awesome new tv show that filled with everything and its thrown at them I love it and I like that it doesnt have to do anything like CSI or Criminal minds or anything magic or anything to do with seeing ghosts or paranormal stuff or a with a flu going around killing everyone you know shows like that but I like them too but tv needed something new and they got it with this one I love it bring it back for season 2 PLEASE………

Comment by Stacy – September 11, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh!! Please don’t cancel this show i will be so sad!

Comment by Tylee Hamaker – September 11, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. Please bring back. Loved it!!!

Comment by Tammy – September 11, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring it back. I love this show. I need to know what happened with Karen.

Comment by Cindy Barker – September 11, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! please do not leave us hanging…More Please

Comment by Red – September 11, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love this show! I watched it religiously this summer and I simply cannot wait for the next season! BTw – to all who commented about the name and suggested changes – I disagree – The name is what caught my attention in the first place. Totally dumb idea to change it – it will confuse people – especially those of us that already love it!!!

Comment by BAM – September 11, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RENEW MISTRESSES….THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!! The plot lines are great and you can’t leave the finale from Monday night that way this show needs to go on for next season

Comment by Carla – September 11, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definitely make another one!! iluv this show!!!! :)

Comment by angelique – September 11, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show my sister got me into it and i have been hooked ever since……..so please bring it back for a second season. now im wondering whats going to happen next…..dont leave us in suspense.

Comment by keanna – September 11, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessss, I am craving more of Mistresses! It has to come back for another season (maybe even more)!! One of my co-workers and I both LOVE this show!! We’re upset that this season has already ended. You have to give it a chance and give more time for people to even know about it. It seems like all the good shows get axed and there’s more stupid reality shows taking their place. I loved What About Brian, Samantha Who, and October Road…, all axed after one season. And, they were all good shows. Please don’t make the same mistake with Mistresses.

Comment by Denise Smith – September 11, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show. It would be nice to see another season as long as the story line picks up.

It feels like nothing happens during one episode.

Comment by Kristen – September 11, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta have more!! I don’t wan’t to even wait!! Please please please bring it back!

Comment by Michelle – September 11, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes anther season of Mistress!!! Love it.

Comment by Michelle – September 11, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this adult themed show. I sincerely hope ABC renews because this is the best entertainment on Monday night. What better show to replace Desperate Housewifes. It is pure entertainment and an escape from police and hospital shows.

Comment by Kellie – September 11, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes More Mistresses AbsolutY Love The Show Want To Find Out What Happens next

Comment by Amanda Fragola – September 11, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THE SHOW AND REALLY WOULD LOVE ANOTHER SEASON VERY MUCH!!! SO PLEASE BRING BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!

Comment by Ivette – September 11, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show it better come back

Comment by Natassja – September 11, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in love with the show! I couldn’t stop crying when savi passed out. Please bring in season 2!

Comment by jessica – September 11, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew for a second season! Great show and cast, and great friendships between the women! I look forward to Monday nights all week!!!

Comment by Danielle – September 11, 2013 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna be soooo mad if there isn’t a 2nd season! They can’t just leave me hanging after that finale. This is one of my FAVE shows

Comment by Priscilla Ash – September 12, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show and the cast. Please renew and give us more!

Comment by Melissa Grimes – September 12, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes yes! Being back season 2! I think alot more people will get to watch it. One of my favorite shows!!!”

Comment by Natalie – September 12, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!! i hope another good one doesnt get canceled!! bring on another season :)

Comment by Michelle Alley – September 12, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I find this show to be My New guilty Pleasure! I will be very upset if ABC doesnot renew. To leave us all hanging here. It is better than the Revenge show that has gone of the rails in the last two seasons. Draging everything out!

Comment by Michell – September 12, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring mistresses back for another season, this is one of my favorite shows!

Comment by Jamie – September 12, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the ending they gave season 1 i sincerely hope they renew it i wanna know if savi and the baby survives and who got shot.

Comment by laura – September 12, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course keep it on!! One more “Reality Show” nightmare & all the networks should pack it in! They renewed the likes of “Honey Boo-Boo?? Seriously? 2 secs of that, was 2 secs too many…

Comment by Michele – September 12, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SHOW! ‘) (EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS) PLEASE BRING IT BACK FOR MANY MORE SEASONS. ALL MY FRIENDS LOVE IT AND WE WATCH IT EVERYTIME. SO EXCITED TO SEE THE CHARACTERS’ LIFE UNFOLDS. LOVE THE TRUST OF FRIENDSHIP IN THE SHOW MISTRESSES!

BRING IT BACK FOR MANY MORE SEASONS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Comment by Emmy – September 12, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please extend!!!

Comment by LInda – September 12, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE give us season 2!!!! Love this show!

Comment by donnadiaz1993@gmail.com – September 12, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Bring back mistresses. Do you know when???

Comment by Lee Keller – September 12, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 2 please!!

Comment by Lagolden – September 13, 2013 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES! Please bring it back!!!

Comment by Shaneisa – September 13, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show. My guilty pleasure. Even got my husband into it! I went in trying not to get to engrossed because I feel like these summer series never get renewed. But this one I REALLY hope does. So many ways the story line could go! Writer’s dream!

Comment by jackie – September 13, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEFINITELY RENEW THIS SHOW! I’ve watched every single episode and love, love, love it! You can’t leave us hanging like that… with Savi dying. It’s a great show and please bring it back this winter!

Comment by sue – September 13, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show, please go for a 2nd season.. Please!!!!

Comment by Christine – September 13, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes bring the Mistress back. I cried so hard hope Rochelle Aytes role is not letting her die!!!!!

Comment by Susan A – September 13, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let this show be renewed! It’s great!!!

Comment by Danielle – September 13, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew… not sure where their going to go with it though it they don’t have Savvy on the show.

Comment by Amy – September 13, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!
    It was a great get the girls together and have a drink kind of show. Not only do we love the story line but we loved having something to look forward to every monday after our back to work monday schedule. PLEASE DONT CANCEL!!!!

Comment by CB – September 13, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I.WISH I COULD WATCH SEASON 2 NOW!!!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

Comment by Ms. Willie – September 13, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew!! Love this show!!

Comment by Linda – September 13, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please continue this show. Love it!

Comment by Diana Croom – September 13, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG PLEASE BRING BACK MISTRESSES FOR A SECOND, THIRD AND FORTH SEASON. I ABOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW! MY SISTER WATCHES, SHOOT MY ENTIRE FAMILY DOES. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Comment by Tanecia – September 13, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I and others in my family have not missed an episode. When I had to miss a show, I was able to watch it on my Cabel provider’s backup. It has been wonderful, although, I wish the ending did not turn out as it seems to be doing.

Comment by Anna – September 13, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!! Can’t wait for next season. There are few tv shows I really get involved in watching but this one has held my interest. Please renew !! I so look forward to it.

Comment by Dee miller – September 13, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soooooo into this tv show, please please do not cancel! I love Joss’s character, she’s so free spirited and whatever and I love Savvy and Dr. Kim and April! I loooove Hotsie tootsie Harry!

Comment by Alyssa – September 14, 2013 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need a second season desperately! Love the show, need to not end the show this way if not coming back for a second season. Need closure!!!!??!

Comment by Tonia – September 14, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show, you must renew. Your audience is sure to grow with more exposure. Please don’t disappointed your loyal Mistresses fans.

Comment by Sharon Bates – September 14, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post