Exclusive

Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options -- Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

1. Big Fan says:

Love this show! Please renew for a second season.

2. Stacy says:

Yes bring it back for season 2 I loved the show and the girls drama its an awesome new tv show that filled with everything and its thrown at them I love it and I like that it doesnt have to do anything like CSI or Criminal minds or anything magic or anything to do with seeing ghosts or paranormal stuff or a with a flu going around killing everyone you know shows like that but I like them too but tv needed something new and they got it with this one I love it bring it back for season 2 PLEASE………

3. Tylee Hamaker says:

Ahhh!! Please don’t cancel this show i will be so sad!

4. Tammy says:

Yes. Please bring back. Loved it!!!

5. Cindy Barker says:

Please bring it back. I love this show. I need to know what happened with Karen.

6. Red says:

Yes!!! please do not leave us hanging…More Please

7. BAM says:

I absolutely love this show! I watched it religiously this summer and I simply cannot wait for the next season! BTw – to all who commented about the name and suggested changes – I disagree – The name is what caught my attention in the first place. Totally dumb idea to change it – it will confuse people – especially those of us that already love it!!!

8. Carla says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RENEW MISTRESSES….THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!! The plot lines are great and you can’t leave the finale from Monday night that way this show needs to go on for next season

9. angelique says:

definitely make another one!! iluv this show!!!! :)

10. keanna says:

i love this show my sister got me into it and i have been hooked ever since……..so please bring it back for a second season. now im wondering whats going to happen next…..dont leave us in suspense.

11. Denise Smith says:

Yessss, I am craving more of Mistresses! It has to come back for another season (maybe even more)!! One of my co-workers and I both LOVE this show!! We’re upset that this season has already ended. You have to give it a chance and give more time for people to even know about it. It seems like all the good shows get axed and there’s more stupid reality shows taking their place. I loved What About Brian, Samantha Who, and October Road…, all axed after one season. And, they were all good shows. Please don’t make the same mistake with Mistresses.

12. Kristen says:

I like this show. It would be nice to see another season as long as the story line picks up.

It feels like nothing happens during one episode.

13. Michelle says:

Gotta have more!! I don’t wan’t to even wait!! Please please please bring it back!

14. Michelle says:

Yes anther season of Mistress!!! Love it.

15. Kellie says:

Love this adult themed show. I sincerely hope ABC renews because this is the best entertainment on Monday night. What better show to replace Desperate Housewifes. It is pure entertainment and an escape from police and hospital shows.

16. Yes More Mistresses AbsolutY Love The Show Want To Find Out What Happens next

17. Ivette says:

I LOVE THE SHOW AND REALLY WOULD LOVE ANOTHER SEASON VERY MUCH!!! SO PLEASE BRING BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!

18. Natassja says:

Love this show it better come back

19. jessica says:

I am in love with the show! I couldn’t stop crying when savi passed out. Please bring in season 2!

20. Danielle says:

Please renew for a second season! Great show and cast, and great friendships between the women! I look forward to Monday nights all week!!!

21. Priscilla Ash says:

I’m gonna be soooo mad if there isn’t a 2nd season! They can’t just leave me hanging after that finale. This is one of my FAVE shows

22. Melissa Grimes says:

Love this show and the cast. Please renew and give us more!

23. Natalie says:

Yes yes yes! Being back season 2! I think alot more people will get to watch it. One of my favorite shows!!!”

24. Love this show!! i hope another good one doesnt get canceled!! bring on another season :)

25. Michell says:

Yes! I find this show to be My New guilty Pleasure! I will be very upset if ABC doesnot renew. To leave us all hanging here. It is better than the Revenge show that has gone of the rails in the last two seasons. Draging everything out!

26. Jamie says:

Please bring mistresses back for another season, this is one of my favorite shows!

27. laura says:

With the ending they gave season 1 i sincerely hope they renew it i wanna know if savi and the baby survives and who got shot.

28. Michele says:

Of course keep it on!! One more “Reality Show” nightmare & all the networks should pack it in! They renewed the likes of “Honey Boo-Boo?? Seriously? 2 secs of that, was 2 secs too many…

29. Emmy says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SHOW! ‘) (EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS) PLEASE BRING IT BACK FOR MANY MORE SEASONS. ALL MY FRIENDS LOVE IT AND WE WATCH IT EVERYTIME. SO EXCITED TO SEE THE CHARACTERS’ LIFE UNFOLDS. LOVE THE TRUST OF FRIENDSHIP IN THE SHOW MISTRESSES!

BRING IT BACK FOR MANY MORE SEASONS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

30. LInda says:

Please extend!!!

31. donnadiaz1993@gmail.com says:

PLEASE give us season 2!!!! Love this show!

32. Lee Keller says:

Yes!!! Bring back mistresses. Do you know when???

33. Lagolden says:

Season 2 please!!

34. Shaneisa says:

YES! YES! YES! Please bring it back!!!

35. jackie says:

I LOVE this show. My guilty pleasure. Even got my husband into it! I went in trying not to get to engrossed because I feel like these summer series never get renewed. But this one I REALLY hope does. So many ways the story line could go! Writer’s dream!

36. sue says:

DEFINITELY RENEW THIS SHOW! I’ve watched every single episode and love, love, love it! You can’t leave us hanging like that… with Savi dying. It’s a great show and please bring it back this winter!

37. Christine says:

Love this show, please go for a 2nd season.. Please!!!!

38. Susan A says:

Yes yes bring the Mistress back. I cried so hard hope Rochelle Aytes role is not letting her die!!!!!

39. Danielle says:

Please let this show be renewed! It’s great!!!

40. Amy says:

Please renew… not sure where their going to go with it though it they don’t have Savvy on the show.

41. CB says:

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!
    It was a great get the girls together and have a drink kind of show. Not only do we love the story line but we loved having something to look forward to every monday after our back to work monday schedule. PLEASE DONT CANCEL!!!!

42. Ms. Willie says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I.WISH I COULD WATCH SEASON 2 NOW!!!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

43. Linda says:

Please renew!! Love this show!!

44. Diana Croom says:

Please continue this show. Love it!

45. Tanecia says:

OMG PLEASE BRING BACK MISTRESSES FOR A SECOND, THIRD AND FORTH SEASON. I ABOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW! MY SISTER WATCHES, SHOOT MY ENTIRE FAMILY DOES. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

46. Anna says:

I and others in my family have not missed an episode. When I had to miss a show, I was able to watch it on my Cabel provider’s backup. It has been wonderful, although, I wish the ending did not turn out as it seems to be doing.

47. Dee miller says:

Love this show!!! Can’t wait for next season. There are few tv shows I really get involved in watching but this one has held my interest. Please renew !! I so look forward to it.

48. Alyssa says:

I’m soooooo into this tv show, please please do not cancel! I love Joss’s character, she’s so free spirited and whatever and I love Savvy and Dr. Kim and April! I loooove Hotsie tootsie Harry!

49. Tonia says:

Need a second season desperately! Love the show, need to not end the show this way if not coming back for a second season. Need closure!!!!??!

50. Sharon Bates says:

I love the show, you must renew. Your audience is sure to grow with more exposure. Please don’t disappointed your loyal Mistresses fans.