Exclusive

Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options -- Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

1. Carol says:

I certainly hope that this show is renewed. Not enough good shows on. Please renew.

2. nee-d says:

i love this show please please please please broadcast season 2!!!!!!!!!

3. Alyson says:

Renew this I’m obsessed!!!!!

4. JT says:

Didn’t want to watch any more “night time soaps” because I get hooked and they CANCEL! I started watching to see what it was about and LOVE this show! If they cancel this one, I’m DONE watching anything on ABC. The finally was AWESOME last night! They HAVE to bring it back now.

5. Erica says:

Considering?! Mistresses should have already been approved for season two. My whole family & I are hooked. ABC will disappoint if they cancel. I vote Season two!

6. shantrelle says:

Please please please renew it for another season!!!!!!!!!

7. Antoinette Catalano says:

Love the show, can’t leave the viewers just hanging. Great storyline, great actors. Watched all of the series. Please renew this show.

8. s bigham says:

Please oh please renew the mistresses for a second season. Hope we don’t have to wait until next year for it

9. Barbara l says:

Yes yes yes please renew. Loved last night and want more

10. Kcoconut says:

I watch very little TV, let alone plan my night around one, but Mistresses has become my summer fave! I immediately got hooked and if I never find out what happens with Savi, Harry, and Dom and the shooting and everything else I think I will always feel like I’m missing out on something ( don’t worry, I know they aren’t real people but boy do they keep your attention!)
    Very much hoping for another season. Ratings might be “low” but don’t forget about the millions that do watch!!

11. C Simps says:

Obsessed with this show!! ABC would be crazy to not air a second season! Bring back Mistresses!!!

12. Jackie says:

I would love to see a second season of mistresses. Theres so many ways this could go. Only Savi has to live. Shes a great actress, actually they all act the parts well.

13. Cory says:

Bring back the show for season 2 mistresses. Loved it watch it on my iPad ABC app I have when I miss it on Monday night.

14. Karen says:

More Mistresses..it is awesome!!!!

15. Demi Ricci says:

I really enjoyed this show, please bring it back for a second season.

Demi

16. I also got addicted.
    Very interesting and different from almost everything we have seen on TV. The majority of good shows involve detectives, law, crimes, police so that’s why it should be renewed.
    However I must comment one very strange thing from last episode, last night…
    What the heck happen to Savanna’s accident make-up??? TERRIBLE!! Please do not use the same make-up artist for Season 2.

• Tammy V says:

Agreed..the makeup was horrible! Can’t believe they didn’t notice that.. Definitely need to hire a new makeup artist for accident scenes. But pls bring back the show!

17. Debbie says:

I can’t wait for season 2. I love this show.

18. Erin Z says:

Yes please renew Mistresses!!! So addicted!!!

19. ANN says:

Love it!! Keep it

20. CW says:

Love this show. Love the high drama . Love the characters and love the two sisters…..Savvy and Joss.

21. Gina says:

Bring it back love this show

22. karen says:

The best show of the summer!! Please give us a second season before giving it the ax!!

23. Kim says:

Loved this show, please bring it back. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

24. Maggie says:

I agree I love this show. It keeps me occupied during the summer. I love it because it makes you react out loud.I can’t remember the last time I said “Ooooooo!” Out loud to the TV. ;-)

25. D.D.S. says:

It would be ashamed it they didn’t renew it!!!

26. Tammy V says:

Please renew! I just finished watching the finale & I want to know what’s going to happen next! It can’t end!

27. Mitzi Hutchens says:

This is a great show. The title isn’t too great but after watching the entire season I love the show. Please bring it back!!!

28. elaine says:

Love love love …Alyssa Is at the top of her game in this show…she is really the true star of this show and the cast is. Awesome…can’t wait for it to return

29. Nadine says:

More Mistress!! I usually don’t comment on these things but if comments make a difference I will say my mind is salivating for more of this tantilizing show! Bring back!!!!

30. Laura says:

Love love love!!!! Don’t cancel please! Every episode was awesome!

31. cristy says:

This is one of my favorite shows. It needs to come back. PLEASE bring it back

32. Anne says:

oh i loved it. so entertaining! bring it back ABC… don’t be fools!

33. marti says:

Absolutely love this show.

34. Sissy says:

WOW – what a finale – couldn’t take my eyes off the TV – it was so emotional and so real! I tape it and fast forwar d thru commercials – can’t be distracted – when does the next season start?? I ABSOLUTELY can not wait until next summer – REALLY??? ARE YOU KIDDING?

35. I’d like to see a second season. I also agree with other posters that it would be good if ABC brings it back next summer. There’s very little to choose from during the summer. Mistresses was the only show my DVR was set to record!

36. The show has good bones and meaty writing; hopefully ABC’s execs will allow it to grow for another season- at least until the baby is born. As a fan of the British version, I am pleased overall with season 1. Kudos to cast and crew on a job well done!

37. gwen finch says:

Please renew.love show

38. Susan says:

I would watch this nightly if I could! I love all of the characters, the four friends reminds me of Sex and the City only way better (I could never stand Miranda’s character) but these ladies are great together!!! Please bring it back, please, I’m already so hooked!!!

39. Connie says:

YES! YES! Addicted to this show! Please bring it back for another season and make it FAST!

40. NessBeth says:

Please renew Mistresses. It is funny, dramatic, well written and fun to watch. It makes you want to root for the characters. I am rooting for Savi and Harry!

41. Viviana says:

Oh come one! This show should keep going. Here in Peru it has quite an audience and we are all captured by this show. I think it’s the most madure work I’ve ever seen of Alyssa Milano. Please TPTB let us watch a 2nd season!!!

42. S Adams says:

Love Love Love this show!!! Can’t wait for more, please extend for a 2nd season!!!!

43. jody says:

Please Please have a second season!!

44. Theresa says:

I enjoyed this show more than any others. I do hope it will be back on this fall
    Theresa

45. Jessica says:

They HAVE to come back for season 2 or I will be devastated! I have watched every episode and have to have closure. ABC beware of nasty phone calls if you cancel this series.:-)

46. Kerri says:

I love Mistresses, and pray they renew it for a second season. At first, I was thinking it would be “all sex”, etc……but the story line, and the finale left me shocked, and wanting more.

47. krisite says:

Please Please Please renew the show! This show is what I’ve been craving and I finally got it, and now it’s may be gone. Please renew!

48. Sharon says:

This show should not be considered…It should be a given that it will be on for a second season. We have been forced to watch a lot of brain dead programs and finally one comes on that is terrific and you don’t know if you should renew it??. Take my word for it, we don’t all enjoy rednecks making fun of each other or wars about buying used stuff. We like programs that take a little thinking to watch..Please don’t take Mistresses off the air.

49. I have enjoyed Mistresses on Monday night, and was sad that I didn’t seen any previews of the next show. I guess Monday night, September 9th was the finale. Please, lets do our best to get another episode on ASAP! What can I do.

50. kim says:

I love this show! Please do not cancel it!! I would really like to see what happens with Savy and Dom.