Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Get More: Exclusive, News, Renewals

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

Tags: ,

Comments (829)

• I certainly hope that this show is renewed. Not enough good shows on. Please renew.

Comment by Carol – September 10, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show please please please please broadcast season 2!!!!!!!!!

Comment by nee-d – September 10, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew this I’m obsessed!!!!!

Comment by Alyson – September 10, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t want to watch any more “night time soaps” because I get hooked and they CANCEL! I started watching to see what it was about and LOVE this show! If they cancel this one, I’m DONE watching anything on ABC. The finally was AWESOME last night! They HAVE to bring it back now.

Comment by JT – September 10, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering?! Mistresses should have already been approved for season two. My whole family & I are hooked. ABC will disappoint if they cancel. I vote Season two!

Comment by Erica – September 10, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please renew it for another season!!!!!!!!!

Comment by shantrelle – September 10, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, can’t leave the viewers just hanging. Great storyline, great actors. Watched all of the series. Please renew this show.

Comment by Antoinette Catalano – September 10, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please oh please renew the mistresses for a second season. Hope we don’t have to wait until next year for it

Comment by s bigham – September 10, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes yes please renew. Loved last night and want more

Comment by Barbara l – September 10, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch very little TV, let alone plan my night around one, but Mistresses has become my summer fave! I immediately got hooked and if I never find out what happens with Savi, Harry, and Dom and the shooting and everything else I think I will always feel like I’m missing out on something ( don’t worry, I know they aren’t real people but boy do they keep your attention!)
    Very much hoping for another season. Ratings might be “low” but don’t forget about the millions that do watch!!

Comment by Kcoconut – September 10, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obsessed with this show!! ABC would be crazy to not air a second season! Bring back Mistresses!!!

Comment by C Simps – September 10, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see a second season of mistresses. Theres so many ways this could go. Only Savi has to live. Shes a great actress, actually they all act the parts well.

Comment by Jackie – September 10, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please more shows of the mistressess..great actresses..

Comment by Karen – September 10, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the show for season 2 mistresses. Loved it watch it on my iPad ABC app I have when I miss it on Monday night.

Comment by Cory – September 10, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Mistresses..it is awesome!!!!

Comment by Karen – September 10, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed this show, please bring it back for a second season.

Demi

Comment by Demi Ricci – September 10, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also got addicted.
    Very interesting and different from almost everything we have seen on TV. The majority of good shows involve detectives, law, crimes, police so that’s why it should be renewed.
    However I must comment one very strange thing from last episode, last night…
    What the heck happen to Savanna’s accident make-up??? TERRIBLE!! Please do not use the same make-up artist for Season 2.

Comment by Marleni Cortys – September 10, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed..the makeup was horrible! Can’t believe they didn’t notice that.. Definitely need to hire a new makeup artist for accident scenes. But pls bring back the show!

Comment by Tammy V – September 10, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 2. I love this show.

Comment by Debbie – September 10, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please renew Mistresses!!! So addicted!!!

Comment by Erin Z – September 10, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!! Keep it

Comment by ANN – September 10, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show. Love the high drama . Love the characters and love the two sisters…..Savvy and Joss.

Comment by CW – September 10, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it back love this show

Comment by Gina – September 10, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best show of the summer!! Please give us a second season before giving it the ax!!

Comment by karen – September 10, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this show, please bring it back. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

Comment by Kim – September 10, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree I love this show. It keeps me occupied during the summer. I love it because it makes you react out loud.I can’t remember the last time I said “Ooooooo!” Out loud to the TV. ;-)

Comment by Maggie – September 10, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be ashamed it they didn’t renew it!!!

Comment by D.D.S. – September 10, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew! I just finished watching the finale & I want to know what’s going to happen next! It can’t end!

Comment by Tammy V – September 10, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great show. The title isn’t too great but after watching the entire season I love the show. Please bring it back!!!

Comment by Mitzi Hutchens – September 10, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love …Alyssa Is at the top of her game in this show…she is really the true star of this show and the cast is. Awesome…can’t wait for it to return

Comment by elaine – September 10, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Mistress!! I usually don’t comment on these things but if comments make a difference I will say my mind is salivating for more of this tantilizing show! Bring back!!!!

Comment by Nadine – September 10, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love!!!! Don’t cancel please! Every episode was awesome!

Comment by Laura – September 10, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of my favorite shows. It needs to come back. PLEASE bring it back

Comment by cristy – September 10, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh i loved it. so entertaining! bring it back ABC… don’t be fools!

Comment by Anne – September 10, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love this show.

Comment by marti – September 10, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW – what a finale – couldn’t take my eyes off the TV – it was so emotional and so real! I tape it and fast forwar d thru commercials – can’t be distracted – when does the next season start?? I ABSOLUTELY can not wait until next summer – REALLY??? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Comment by Sissy – September 10, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see a second season. I also agree with other posters that it would be good if ABC brings it back next summer. There’s very little to choose from during the summer. Mistresses was the only show my DVR was set to record!

Comment by Lori Swistun-Barnett – September 10, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has good bones and meaty writing; hopefully ABC’s execs will allow it to grow for another season- at least until the baby is born. As a fan of the British version, I am pleased overall with season 1. Kudos to cast and crew on a job well done!

Comment by Laura Deeds Duttweiler – September 10, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew.love show

Comment by gwen finch – September 10, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch this nightly if I could! I love all of the characters, the four friends reminds me of Sex and the City only way better (I could never stand Miranda’s character) but these ladies are great together!!! Please bring it back, please, I’m already so hooked!!!

Comment by Susan – September 10, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! Addicted to this show! Please bring it back for another season and make it FAST!

Comment by Connie – September 10, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew Mistresses. It is funny, dramatic, well written and fun to watch. It makes you want to root for the characters. I am rooting for Savi and Harry!

Comment by NessBeth – September 10, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh come one! This show should keep going. Here in Peru it has quite an audience and we are all captured by this show. I think it’s the most madure work I’ve ever seen of Alyssa Milano. Please TPTB let us watch a 2nd season!!!

Comment by Viviana – September 10, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love Love this show!!! Can’t wait for more, please extend for a 2nd season!!!!

Comment by S Adams – September 10, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Please have a second season!!

Comment by jody – September 11, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this show more than any others. I do hope it will be back on this fall
    Theresa

Comment by Theresa – September 11, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They HAVE to come back for season 2 or I will be devastated! I have watched every episode and have to have closure. ABC beware of nasty phone calls if you cancel this series.:-)

Comment by Jessica – September 11, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mistresses, and pray they renew it for a second season. At first, I was thinking it would be “all sex”, etc……but the story line, and the finale left me shocked, and wanting more.

Comment by Kerri – September 11, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • does ABC get to see these comments?? Its seems to me its a very well liked show, how can they not renew?

Comment by Kathy – September 11, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Please Please renew the show! This show is what I’ve been craving and I finally got it, and now it’s may be gone. Please renew!

Comment by krisite – September 11, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show should not be considered…It should be a given that it will be on for a second season. We have been forced to watch a lot of brain dead programs and finally one comes on that is terrific and you don’t know if you should renew it??. Take my word for it, we don’t all enjoy rednecks making fun of each other or wars about buying used stuff. We like programs that take a little thinking to watch..Please don’t take Mistresses off the air.

Comment by Sharon – September 11, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have enjoyed Mistresses on Monday night, and was sad that I didn’t seen any previews of the next show. I guess Monday night, September 9th was the finale. Please, lets do our best to get another episode on ASAP! What can I do.

Comment by Marie C. Clark – September 11, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Please do not cancel it!! I would really like to see what happens with Savy and Dom.

Comment by kim – September 11, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post