Exclusive

Exclusive: ABC Extends Mistresses Cast's Options -- Is a Season 2 Renewal Next?

Mistresses RenewedABC is considering going to second base with Alyssa Milano and her fellow Mistresses.

The network has quietly extended the options on the show’s core cast through the end of September, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The move signals that ABC is seriously considering bringing the frothy summer romp back for a second season.

UPDATE: It’s renewed!

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

While not a spectacular ratings performer, Mistresses — which stars Milano, Jes Macallan, Rochelle Aytes and Yunjin Kim as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes — has been holding its own on Mondays at 10/9c opposite CBS’ mighty Under the Dome. (It’s certainly faring better than NBC’s Siberia, not to mention last summer’s ABC embarrassment Glass House.)

Thoughts? Are you craving more Mistresses? Weigh in below!

1. Klarissa says:

yes i am craving more mistresses, I so hope they renew it for another season

2. KenBud says:

Good show. Good acting. Horrible title.
    Storylines are getting better and better though. I can see why there is an extension.

• Cherry says:

How is it a horrible title? it’s based off the UK show of the same name, the four women all have issues relating to infidelity, most of them are mistresses or deal with mistresses (Alyssa Milano has a mister-ess).

• Alex says:

The title sounds skanky. Some people are very likely turned off by it and won’t watch for that reason.

• Susan says:

I agree about the title turning people off. When the show first appeared I refused to watch it because I watching a show about “mistresses” did not appeal to me. I only watched it out of boredom one night and was pleasantly surprised. The previews promoting the show didn’t help either because you really get the impression the show is only about affairs.

• Lorrie says:

Love this show but initially didn’t watch because title turned me off due to the title. I have been pleasantly surprised. Please bring it back

• Bryn says:

I agree that the title really doesn’t fit the show…. kind of like “Cougar Town.”

3. Elyse says:

if they renew hopefully its for next summer and not winter.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I agree with Elyse. Keep it a summer show and maybe move it away from busy Mondays.

5. Mama T says:

My daughter and I have finally found a show to replace our love of Desperate Houswives. Please renew for Season 2!!

• Tiffany says:

I agree with Mama T. I unfortunately never watched Desperate Housewives while it was on air, but when all 8 seasons first appeared on Netflix… It was like I couldn’t get enough of it. I fell in love. This show definitely gives off a housewives vibe, and I would be really disappointed if yet another network hooked me and then cancelled a show. I can name off so many shows that I fell in love with only to find out that they were cancelled. Ringer, The Secret Circle, Lie to Me, Life Unexpected, and Blue Mountain State are just a few…

6. AIFanatic says:

Yes please.

7. Meghan says:

I am addicted to this show – I’d love to see it back next summer. I really hope they don’t put it on during the regular TV season, I already watch so many shows. It’s perfect in the summer.

8. smittenkitten76 says:

I agree the title is terrible but the show is so good. I love all the ladies and their different story lines.

9. Alex says:

Please! I never expected to like this show in the least bit, and even had a “bet” going with pals about it probably being DOA. But when I watched it on premiere day, I was hopelessly addicted to it from that moment on. Needless to say, I lost the bet.

10. Steve says:

Love the show and the extremely attractive women. However I could have lived without the dead husband being alive. A little far fetched. Excited to see what happens next season.

11. sarah says:

I love this show! I really hope it is renewed!

12. Wendy says:

Yes I’d love to see more Mistresses. I love the show. Hopefully it stays for season 2.

13. Kristen says:

I didn’t expect to like this show but I absolutely LOVE it. Even though some of the story lines are a little bit out there the reaction of the girls, the emotion is so real. I hope to see a second season, just crossing my fingers that the stories don’t start getting super crazy like DH did a few seasons in!

14. cuius says:

One where the US version is better than its UK inspiration

15. Robert says:

Show is getting better and better! Keep as summer show and move it to Sunday,Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Monday is not a good slot for the show. BUT PLEASE GIVE A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!

• Whatever says:

I Agree !
      Put the show anywhere on the schedule BUT Monday at 10 pm.
      The show would get better ratings if they were not opposite Under the Dome.
      It’s a great Summer show reminds me of a good Summer Beach Book.

16. Dizzle says:

The British original worked because they didn’t do too many episodes a year, so the soapy twists and turns didn’t pile on and feel ridiculous. I like the idea of ABC keeping this as a smaller summer-run like Rookie Blue. I also like the idea of Yunjin Kim being employed! More Losties need to be back on telly.

17. Danielle says:

I’m so addicted to this show, I’m really hoping it comes back for a second season!

18. Samantha says:

Yes! Def need more! Love this show!

19. Cherry says:

This HAS to be renewed. It’s getting me through my summer!
    I pray to god they don’t throw it in as a winter show, it’d glossy, soap-style, addictive fun belongs in Summer.

20. Kyle says:

Yes please!! This and devious maids are filling the very big hole desperate housewives left.
    Oh and keep it on the summer schedule.

21. Melody says:

This is excellent news. My vote agrees with the others here- this is a best in summer show! Love it! The cast is great and they are what makes people want to tune in!

22. beatrice sherman says:

yes please keep this show on with Alyssa Milano and Jason George

23. shuayb says:

Yeah this is the perfect show for Summer. I hope they do keep it around. Alyssa Milano is amazing. Jess, Rochelle and Yunjin are superb.

24. kristen says:

Yes yes yes yes yes!! I am soooo addicted to this show!

25. Crystal says:

I love Alyssa Milano!! They must renew!! I love this show!!!

26. Anita says:

Love love love the show!!! I hope setting the dvr counts in the ratings because I can’t always stay awake but I HAVEN’T MISSED AN EPISODE. WINNER!

27. Juan says:

I really hope so, very good summer show

28. Susan says:

I would hate to see this go any where but summer. Jason George is way too good with Dr. Bailey on Grey’s.

29. Sam says:

ABC is trying to run summer programming like the USA Network has done for years – with some success. Not surprised with this cast that Mistresses is under consideration for a second summer. That title really is appropriate but that in itself probably drives away some potential viewers.

30. Eric7740 says:

Yay!!! More Mistresses!!! Great summer show!!! Keep it on the summer rotation!!!

31. Brooke says:

This is really good news!! Please renew for another season ABC!!! I’m really enjoying the show so far…. Love the juicy drama!! Perfect for summer!

32. Kalee says:

I hope they renew it! But please keep it to Summer and not move it to midseason where it might die.

33. Magically Suspicious says:

This is a perfect summer show!

34. Rob Olivier says:

I am totally on-board with a season 2. It feels like the perfect summer series and a great answer for those of us who care less about anything “Housewives”. Ms. Milano and crew are my summer’s night dream team!

35. Helen Sabatini says:

Yes!! Love this show!! Haven’t had a good night time soap since the 80’s!!

36. Jenny says:

For sure a SUMMER show it would have too many other shows to compete with during the fall/winter season. Besides it wouldn’t leave many good shows left for the summer season if they pull it. If I can’t be at home to watch on Monday night’s I DVR it and catch up on Tuesday night :) LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

37. Lana says:

Yes please please please renew, I don’t have regular season shows since all my favorites are gone. I usually watch dumb cable shows, so you can count on me for ratings.

38. ChrisGa says:

Loving this show–the cast is uniformly excellent and it’s good soapy fun. Between this and Devious Maids it’s a good time to be a primetime soap fan.

39. Mika02 says:

They really should have placed this after Revenge on Sunday nights in January it would have made more sense.

40. Yvette says:

Love this show. Love seeing Alyssa Milano back on tv. Please keep it going for a second season and then some.

41. RonieJones says:

I absolutely love this show. Addicted after the first episode. Please renew Mistresses.

42. Beatrice Sherman says:

please 2nd season great great show with Alyssa Milano and Jason George

43. I love this show! I’ve been hooked since the very first episode! I love @jesmacallan as #Joss! Please renew for a second season!

44. i’m really more and more envolved with this show. Hope they renew for a new season!!

45. Sarah says:

I really enjoy this show and the surprise story lines. I am very anxious to know that it has been firmly renewed.

46. Nate Hoden says:

Oh and Alyssa Milano is basically walking perfection. I LOVE her.

• The_One_Critic says:

Sorry to say but Alyssa Milano is fat and tired not to mention a horrible actress. She can thank her fake tits that kept her career rolling through such embarrassing roles in films and tv shows. Wish she would just disappear already.

• Tiffany says:

Way to live up to your name “The One Critic.” Alyssa Milano isn’t fat, your a douche! Besides, this isn’t a place to dump your insecurities out. This is a place to talk about a Television show, and while Alyssa Milano stars in that show nothing you actually said about her related to the show… at all. You really hate her sooooooo much that you wasted your time just to get on some blog website about the show to write 3 sentences that actually say more about who you are then her? Way to go, because from what I’ve gathered. You must be incredibly shallow and insecure. Nice going “The One Critic.” Seems to me, you should spend a little more time criticizing your own actions rather than waste time discussing those of people you don’t even know…

• Kayla says:

I agree with your comment. Alyssa Milano is a great actor and the shows awesome. It’s stupid for ppl to get on here and vent how they hate somebody so much and say stupid crap like that, it just reflects on what time of person they are.

• Irene Burgos says:

Please, please renew “Mistresses”! Love this show!!

• Colette says:

I love this show I hope they bring it back for a second season.I think it should be a regular season show not a summer show.I hate that we’d have to wait a whole year just to see it again.

• Bryn says:

Fat? I would love to be so fat!!

• Judith Murphy says:

Alyssa Milano is heavier since she is no longer a teenager. Do you weigh the same as you did 10 to 15 years ago. This is a good show and you are a jerk.

• You think Alyssa is fat? The only explanation to your comment must be that you are as skinny as the stick shoved up your ass. This show is AMAZING and so is Alyssa. I am dying for season 2.

47. Monique says:

I am obsessed with this show. I have all my sisters and friends watching. Please renew it. Idc what season it is I will watch. I am glued to the tv with the phone on silent when mistresses is on. Please renew.

48. Shelley says:

Keep it. Fun show to watch.

49. Ram510 says:

This is my favorite show of the summer, please bring it back for a second season. I wonder if ABC will wait for next summer like Rookie Blue or if the will use it against the Olympics like they did with The Deep End (anybody remember that one).