Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Welcomes Back Jim Beaver's Bobby — Will He Fall to Earth?

Supernatural Jim BeaverYou can kill Bobby Singer, but you can’t keep him down.

Supernatural will bring back actor Jim Beaver as the Winchesters’ deceased father figure during Season 9.

RELATED | Fall Preview: TVLine’s Grid Showing What’s On When and Versus What!

The actor tweeted the news of his surprising return Monday night:

Last viewers saw, Sam was transporting Bobby to Heaven. In the season finale, all of the angels upstairs were expelled to Earth, prompting Beaver  – at the Critics Choice TV Awards in June – to give TVLine this (prophetic?) answer about a possible return to the CW series: “Where did this last season end up? Heaven, right? And where’s Bobby… ?”

Beaver’s other recent TV credits include Mike & Molly, Justified and Dexter.

Supernatural returns Oct. 15 in its new time slot, Tuesdays at 9/8c.

Supe fans, are you excited? And do you think Beaver’s shock at the script rules out the fallen theory? Hit the comments!

Comments (92)

• It would be sooo awesome if John Winchester, Ellen, Joe, and Ash, don’t let me forget about Mary the mom they want to know so much more about. I hope this show never goes off the air I have watched it since day one and I will never miss an episode. I am devoted truly. Heck I would love to be in just one episode. They can take the plot anywhere its open to a whole lot now I so cant wait to see what happens next. My kids are even into the show almost as much as me.

Comment by Jenny King – September 15, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I’m one of those people who would wait for the 3rd season of the show before watching it. That’s mainly due to how fickle networks are at times. They’ll cancel a good show before it can really get started hitting their stride. So when season 3 ended, that’s when I started watching & have been hooked ever since.

Comment by Edgar F. Winslow Jr. – September 30, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A couple of thoughts. Maybe the the whole thing about Season 9 is Medetron. He’s the angel who loves the story’s of people. What if that’s the way people get to come back. Tell the best tale, & a get the chance for a new life opportunity. That my also open the door for for more fan favorite returns like John, Ellen, Jo, Rufus, and so on. After all, aside from the Men Of Letters, the Hunters would have some of the best stories to tell. Speaking of which, this may set up the history of Bobby’s family being reviled. Remember the time travel episode where Dean met Elliot Ness, the woman that Ness worked with might be a relative of Bobby’s & could explain why Bobby was the go to guy for all the hunters. And let’s not forget the rules that the MOL’s had. 1, The tradition was passed down from Father to Son, & 2, only a select few of the hunters ever had knowledge shared with them from the MOL’s. And then there’s Kevin Tran. He can read both the Angel & Demon tablets along with having access to the knowledge that the MOL’s have stored. With that combined, there’s really no limit to what Season 9 can offer. Who knows, we may just see the face off of Meg & Ruby in this. Or even the return of Lilith.

Comment by Edgar F. Winslow Jr. – September 30, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love bobby!!! So glad he is returning,I’ve missed him !

Comment by mary – October 9, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO SUPER PUMPED UP EXCITED about this way way way delayed Bobby Singer resurrection. I’ve been so p’d of irritated since he’s been gone. This show was not the same without him & is much much MUCH BETTER with him. I don’t even care how they bring him back as long as he’s back PERMANENTLY! For the good of the show they need to STOP killing Bobby, Castiel& add a regular hot chick in the mix

Comment by Oscar – February 21, 2014 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish he had really came back it was just a flash back when same in the hospital.the show has never been the same since he left in season 7 he was a real major part of the series and then they just kill them off and we didn’t see em again except for one time I don’t know what they were thinking this show is really not the same without him season 9 wasn’t as good either it just feels like its missing a big part don’t know why they did that maybe they felt that that’s 2 stars of the show felt like he took too much time away from their parts was that the reason

Comment by Andrew – March 24, 2014 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post