Ratings: Dome Holds Up, Bear Grylls, Siberia and Mistresses Dip

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Under the DomeFollowing two consecutive weeks of deflation, CBS’ Under the Dome this Monday night held steady in the demo (with a 2.7 rating) and inched up in total audience (to 10.8 million viewers). It also again bested the combined demos/audiences of its 10 o’clock rivals, ABC’s Mistresses and NBC’s Siberia.

In other Dome news, the series premiere wound up with 17.7 million viewers and a 4.6 rating, once Live+7 DVR playback was factored in.

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Outbreak… Breakout?

Over on ABC, The Bachelorette (6.7 mil/1.9) shed a handful of viewers, while Mistresses (3.6 mil/1.1) dipped 6 percent and a tenth (tying its series-low demo).

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

NBC’s American Ninja Warrior (5.1 mil/1.5) ticked down a tenth, Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls (3.9 mil/1.4) was off 7 percent and a tenth from its debut and Siberia (2.4 mil/0.8) was down 8 percent and a tenth.

Comments (14)

• Will mistresses even get a second season w ratings like this? Methinks no. And I wouldn’t even mind that much because it sure is sleepy for a show with so many moral indiscretions.

Comment by danielle h – July 16, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it was ever meant to be a summer series. It’s being burned off right now. I doubt (barring some seriously impressive ratings) ABC was ever considering a second season.

Comment by dude – July 16, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Under the Dome is not great, but Mistresses is worse.

Comment by TV Fan – July 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t watched UTD yet so can’t comment but The Mistresses is good summer fun if you’re in to that kind of thing. Siberia is just weird.

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 16, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am enjoying “Under the Dome”…mistress, I have not watched yet…I do like Devious Maids…Siberia is weird, but I will watch it just to see what happens…I DVR all of it…

Comment by Barbara C – July 16, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can you post Major Crimes’ ratings?

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – July 16, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad that Siberia doesn’t get even a million viewers. I didn’t have high hopes for a 2nd season, but this is just brutal. It doesn’t help that everyone thinks it’s a Survivor clone when in fact it’s completely scripted (though some events are quite real apparently, like when a cast member, which I’ll keep un-named for spoiler reasons, cuts their finger off).

Personally I think the show is better than Under the Dome. As good as Dome is, I think it’s pretty average… the ratings it’s getting are because it’s bigger budget, and has Stephen King’s name on it. Like most of his characters, a lot of them seem more like charicatures than real people. Still good, but not his most original or (IMO) compelling work.

Comment by Matthew – July 16, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you even read the article? Siberia had 2.4 million viewers.

Comment by Sg. Grant – July 16, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He might have been referring to the demo which is 0.8 and all that really matters when it comes to ratings.

Comment by dude – July 16, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, dude, that’s exactly what I meant.

Comment by Matthew – July 16, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing to me that Bachelorette keeps coming back. Better shows have been canceled with ratings like those. Maybe it’s just me, but I am so over reality tv.

Comment by tp – July 16, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The trouble is, it’s cheap to make.

Comment by Miranda – July 16, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m enjoying utd, I know there is an end but I wish fahey had a bigger role, always liked him, especially tombstone.

Comment by dasnake – July 19, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post