Ratings: Dome Holds Up, Bear Grylls, Siberia and Mistresses Dip

Ratings Under the DomeFollowing two consecutive weeks of deflation, CBS’ Under the Dome this Monday night held steady in the demo (with a 2.7 rating) and inched up in total audience (to 10.8 million viewers). It also again bested the combined demos/audiences of its 10 o’clock rivals, ABC’s Mistresses and NBC’s Siberia.

In other Dome news, the series premiere wound up with 17.7 million viewers and a 4.6 rating, once Live+7 DVR playback was factored in.

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Outbreak… Breakout?

Over on ABC, The Bachelorette (6.7 mil/1.9) shed a handful of viewers, while Mistresses (3.6 mil/1.1) dipped 6 percent and a tenth (tying its series-low demo).

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Dead Man Stalking

NBC’s American Ninja Warrior (5.1 mil/1.5) ticked down a tenth, Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls (3.9 mil/1.4) was off 7 percent and a tenth from its debut and Siberia (2.4 mil/0.8) was down 8 percent and a tenth.

1. danielle h says:

Will mistresses even get a second season w ratings like this? Methinks no. And I wouldn’t even mind that much because it sure is sleepy for a show with so many moral indiscretions.

• dude says:

I don’t think it was ever meant to be a summer series. It’s being burned off right now. I doubt (barring some seriously impressive ratings) ABC was ever considering a second season.

• TV Fan says:

Under the Dome is not great, but Mistresses is worse.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Haven’t watched UTD yet so can’t comment but The Mistresses is good summer fun if you’re in to that kind of thing. Siberia is just weird.

3. Barbara C says:

I am enjoying “Under the Dome”…mistress, I have not watched yet…I do like Devious Maids…Siberia is weird, but I will watch it just to see what happens…I DVR all of it…

4. Can you post Major Crimes’ ratings?

5. Matthew says:

I am sad that Siberia doesn’t get even a million viewers. I didn’t have high hopes for a 2nd season, but this is just brutal. It doesn’t help that everyone thinks it’s a Survivor clone when in fact it’s completely scripted (though some events are quite real apparently, like when a cast member, which I’ll keep un-named for spoiler reasons, cuts their finger off).

Personally I think the show is better than Under the Dome. As good as Dome is, I think it’s pretty average… the ratings it’s getting are because it’s bigger budget, and has Stephen King’s name on it. Like most of his characters, a lot of them seem more like charicatures than real people. Still good, but not his most original or (IMO) compelling work.

6. tp says:

It’s amazing to me that Bachelorette keeps coming back. Better shows have been canceled with ratings like those. Maybe it’s just me, but I am so over reality tv.

7. dasnake says:

I’m enjoying utd, I know there is an end but I wish fahey had a bigger role, always liked him, especially tombstone.