Under the Dome Recap: Outbreak… Breakout?
This week on CBS’ Under the Dome, a meningitis outbreak landed dozens of people — including several key players — in quarantine, Julia’s investigation of Barbie’s lies led her to a dark truth about her husband, and poor Angie tried to keep her head above water.
Here’s a rundown of new things we learned, new questions raised.
THINGS WE LEARNED…
• Joe remembers he has a sister. No, really!
• Anyone presenting herself to be a doctor and spouting off some jargon can immediately be put in charge of dozens of lives, because times are that tough in the dome.
• Junior can deliver a rousing speech that almost makes you forget that the boy just ain’t right — and can score him a badge! Egads.
• After his stint with the military, Barbie worked odd jobs — most recently serving as an enforcer for Peter’s bookie in Westlake.
• Linda is almost unrecognizable with her long, lush locks let down. (Someone find me a LIKE button.)
• In response to last week’s question, “When will things get, you know, scary?” — series boss Neal Baer has explained that next week’s episode closes the first arc, titled “Faith” — and on July 29, “Fear” arrives. So… hold tight?
THINGS WE’RE NOW WONDERING…
• How did I know that Angie was totally gonna bungle her scissors attack?
• Why did the military suddenly cut bait, and after blowing off the domers this whole time?
• End result notwithstanding, could Junior have handled “quarantine” duty any worse? What happened to matter-of-factly announcing the understandable, not-so-unusual situation (and discreetly locking the doors for good measure)?
• What sort of gambling was Peter involved in that he resorted to emptying his and Julia’s accounts and borrowing against their home? Why was he asking Phil about hiring a hitman?
• What is up with Joe and Norrie’s simul-seizures? (And how creepy was Joe’s mid-seizure “Shhhhh”?)
• What has Big Jim been up to with the mysterious propane stash that the reverend accused him of “defying God’s will”?
• What went through Big Jim’s bean as he opened the fallout shelter door to (1) find Angie (2) shackled (3) in the flooding chamber?
• What am I to do with this 35-oz. jug of Utz cheese balls that a loathsome TLC series sent me as part of a press kit? If I crack the seal, it won’t end well. (Sorry to bother you with that dilemma, but it’s just staring at me as I type.)