Lying Game Cancelled, Bunheads Fate Still TBD

Get More: Cancellations, News

The Lying Game CancelledIt’s Lying Game over, folks.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek Video: Spencer and Toby Make Their Way to Eerie Ravenswood

Series lead Alexandra Chando has confirmed that the mystery-filled ABC Family drama will in fact not be returning, via a message on Instagram:

To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, ABC Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us!

Chando’s announcement comes in the wake of much speculation that Lying Game’s modestly rated run had ended, especially as the freshman series The Fosters keeps hitting new highs in the Nielsens.

RELATED | The Fosters‘ Maia Mitchell Previews Callie’s Growing Bond With Brandon, ‘Huge’ Liam Reveal

That leaves Bunheads as the only ABC Family series with a fate that remains TBD; check our Cable Renewal Scorecard for updates.

What burning question from The Lying Game would you most like answered?

Comments (884)

• This sucks they did the same thing to make it or break it and the 9 lives chloe king of abc family is on a trail to no one liking there channel

Comment by Vanessa – July 20, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • but bunheads is so bad

Comment by ashley – July 20, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cried for hours when I heard this show was cancelled … I was really curious in the end who was supposed to have killed Melissa and was it Thayer covering for Rebecca or Alex with the tool under the sofa? I am so sad why did they cancell it?

Comment by Sam – July 21, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honey, your mixing your shows up. Theresa was murdered. Who the heck is Melissa? The only Melissa I know is on PLL. But yes, you need that least do one episode or movie or mini movie or something to give us the answers!

Comment by Burtonfam – July 28, 2013 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s sucks big time. U shouldn’t leaving fans hanging. I’ve been waiting for this. We should definitely have some sort of closure. Cancel pretty little liars instead.

Comment by katherine – July 21, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the lying game! Pretty Little Liars is the only other show I cared to watch on ABC family… and its starting to get annoying with this whole mysterious A thing… Its been going on too long!

Comment by geneva – July 21, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed TLG. I would like to know how it ended. Seems that once I get interested in a show it gets cancelled, while others seem to run forever. It would be nice if they could find a way to wrap up the unanswered questions. Is there a possibility that after possible flops this season they would renew it next? OR During the off months when other channels are doing reruns they could run the 10 episodes? OR sell the 10 episodes on DVD/Blueray. It would be nice to have closure.

Comment by Denise – July 21, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the best show ive ever watched.. most intense, amazing show ever and trust me im very into my shows.. actually got teary eyed !!!!! how can you NOT do a season 3????? lifes over as we know it..

Comment by Jelessa – July 21, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think its messed up to leave us viewers hanging on the lying game like that now all i have is yhe books to figure out whats.going thanks alot abc family :(

Comment by serena – July 22, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This freaking stinks. I hate when my fave shows get cancelled. I wouldn’t have minded it as much if we hadn’t gotten that cliffhanger ending. ABC Family should’ve at least let the show wrap up and have a proper ending.

Comment by Leslie – July 22, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please I’m begging you to do a last episode please you have to let us know what happened

Comment by Sam – July 22, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I annoyed and not happy. There is so much story lines to resolve. Eg Kirsten, ted, twins thing. Thayer being the killer, Alex coimg through the ceiling. Is he dead or alive. I am very disappointed.

Comment by Tlg lover – July 23, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved watching The Lying Game, one of my fave shows, im gutted its being cancelled :( x

Comment by Emma – July 23, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate ABC/ABC family right now. TLG was a great show with great actors. Some of it was predictable, but it kept me on the edge of my seat anyways. Grrrrrr!!

Comment by ioiwtb – July 23, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the lying game… Please I really want to know what was going to happen.. You people make all these shows and I get so into them then you go and cancel it… Boo! Not cool.. Not to mention the same thing happened with the nine lives of Chloe king… If you don’t want to renew fine at least explan the story line or something geez

Comment by Tay – July 23, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am disgusted to see that TLG and Bunheads are both cancelled…..they were so much better than PLL. PLL is hard to follow and I hate having no closure to the other shows

Comment by Claudia – July 23, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least make a movie to bring closure! Crazy…Neva found out who murderer was!!!

Comment by Nicole Hicks-Hardin – July 23, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC family is starting to suck now! They kept stupid shows like The Secret Life of an American Teenager for YEARS but gave up easily on shows with great potential like Lying Game, Bunheads and the list is growing!!! Augh, I am about to stop watching that channel!

Comment by Alec – July 23, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree secret life was dumb everyone just kept sleeping with each other and it became lame.

Comment by sienna – July 23, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup that’s what I said when I emailed ABC family I told them they keep canceling good shows before they give them a chance and if they keep it up I’m going to quit watching and boycott them! Maybe if everyone else does the same we will get it back

Comment by crystle – July 23, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC fam needs to get it together, all their shows end up getting cancelled and they are good. its going to get annoying and people will just stop watching that channel.

Comment by sienna – July 23, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I am a huge fan of The Lying Game (TV series and books), it was way too similar to Pretty Little Liars. They should have waited for the PLL series to end before debuting The Lying Game.

Comment by Amy – July 24, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh i hate this, they abandon good dramatic shows like tlg at the most dramatic scence and then keep switched at birth and twisted??? we should have some kind of vote

Comment by Austin – July 24, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that adc family is making a big mistake because I no that the lying game was one of the shows that had me and 10 other of my friends watching ABC family channel some of my friends even said that they would not be watching abc family if it wasn’t for the lying game. I just think that the people who runs ABC family should just think about it more

Comment by shannon – July 24, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You would be surprised at how miniscule tv shows fan bases are compared to the greater audience as a whole. It’s hard to believe a show is not doing financially well when everyone you know loves the show. But lets all remember that they are part of a $9billion company…. they pay people to do lots of both quantitative and qualitative research before giving it the axe. In the end, it’s their pocket books, not your satisfaction.

P.S. I’m with all of you, I would love a wrap up episode. But that is life & tv. We move on.

Comment by Kat – July 24, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just started getting into lying game on the start of season 2 and everybody is saying how at the end of season 2 there is a big cliffhanger. After finding out that the show is cancelled i’m happy that i’m not one of those fans who followed the show from the beginning. I won’t be watching the rest of season 2 if i’m just going to be disappointed. Seriously even if the show doesn’t have the number of views that would bring in money for the company that owns it. They should have predicted this by looking at the viewer numbers and said “hmm not enough viewer maybe we should tell the writers to not end it on a cliffhanger if the future of this show being renewed is unlikely” Just something ABC family should have done… instead of disappointing the millions of “not enough viewers to renew the show” Great job abc family or who ever owns the show.
    I will miss the characters
    - A maybe way to emotionally invested fan…

Comment by Ruby – July 24, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved The Lying Game! It was unique and cancelling it now left to many unanswered questions. I stopped watching ABC shows because they cancelled great shows without giving them a real chance. Now ABC family is following suit. Maybe its the executives contracts they need to cancel!!! Because they aren’t listening to fans.

Comment by Mary – July 24, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can’t just stop right where it’s the most existing, and when there is so much tension.. I was really looking forward to a third season to get all the answers. You should at least make a rapup episode so we get to know who the murder are for sure…

Comment by Ida Kristine – July 25, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! You guys have taken off all the good shows. You bring on all this new stuff that will just fail, according to you, and the public don’t have a say in it. For once finish a show before you cancel it, at least on video so we don’t have start over and over again with shows you will never finish. I’m a little put off by your techniques and will be looking for other shows to watch that are not on you network. You guys do suck lately.

Comment by Mae – July 25, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well are they at least going to finish the second season? They can’t just leave it mid season with the most shocking and unexpected moment ever!

Comment by Briana – July 25, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everytime I enjoy a show the cut it and it mever goes anywhere. Right when we were learning it all… come on sercet circle, ringer, and now lying game.

Comment by christy – July 26, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did Secret Life of the American Teenager possibly last as long as it did and they cancel the Lying Game. Like seriously TLG was an amazing show and they left it on a cliffhanger. At least finish what you start.

Comment by Danielle – July 26, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Even if people didn’t like the show, you don’t just end a series with a cliff hanger. The funniest thing is this show had a better story line than the Life of the American Teenager series that is just so “amazing.” It’s all about teenagers getting pregnant and married… Good influence for a family channel. I have lost respect for ABC family and the way they do business.

Comment by Lauren – July 26, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont understand how you can just cancel the show after leaving so many questions unanswered? This is so dumb i say you move the show to another television station if ABC Family wont air it.

Comment by Amanda – July 26, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exactly what they did with The Nine Lives of Chloe King. I’m SO dissapointed!!!! I realize they are a book series but the shows differed so much from the books, so any answers the books give wouldn’t have happened in the show. BRING TLG AND CHLOE KING BACK!!!! At LEAST for an hour to give us the answers we need!!!!

Comment by Ally – July 26, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pls bring back the show or wrap things up.its my favorite show

Comment by vanessa – July 27, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wtf. Honestly I’m still waiting for someone to say “just kidding! “. This is ridiculous the only good shows on abc are PLL and TLG. PLL is being dragged out and all these other shows are corny. This makes sense someone needs to be fired.

Comment by becca – July 27, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks all the good shows are getting cancelled

Comment by Erin – July 27, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so disappointed with ABC!! To leave so many questions unanswered in The Lying Game. They should have added at least one more episode. I will boycott ABC now!! And I am an adult woman!!

Comment by Lula White – July 27, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Burtonfam – July 28, 2013 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is RIDICULOUS!!! TLG is the best show they had. I actually got everyone I know into it. We have a ratings union in Tennessee and it was bounced between #1 & #2 forever. You can’t leave a show on a cliff hanger like that if you aren’t 100% Positive that it will be brought back for another season. I agree, it is absurd to cancel the BEST show you have but if you have to, at least do like a one hour special where you reveal everything that needs to be revealed. Come on now, grow a brain. P.S. we actually got a petition signed by 13,473 ppl in east tn alone to keep the show. You all don’t have a very good knowledge of your own shows. Just because your ratings are low doesn’t mean crap anymore. I have 6 shows that I am currently watching on a regular basis and I haven’t watched one of them at their regular scheduled time. Who does?!?! Mine are all recorded and watched later that night or the next day. Everyone I know does this. Do a paper survey in snail mail or an online survey to find out ratings. Come on, learn things… P.S.S. bunheads SUCKS!!!

Comment by Burtonfam – July 28, 2013 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you know what I am use to it now, and I am fad up! they cancelled the lying game too it was a nice series , I was watching SECRET CERCLE and yeah they cancelled that too! you want me to keep going on, I think it is not nice for ppl like us who follows and watch this series and you just cancel the shows like that all the time I will think twice to start a new episode cause I am afraid that this will happen again so yes sorry I am pissed off at the abc family I hope anyone understand my point of view ;)

Comment by van – July 28, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s ABC, why is everyone shocked?? I had stopped watching them since Invasion was canceled. To bad they duped me again with Make it or Break. It and now The lying game! The Hiatus they put for those programs r shameles! Its a waste of our time when we invest so much time on these shows just for them to cancel them. So I have moved on from ABC and only see CBS & NBC and Hulu/Netflix and watch my old re-runs, cause anything worth watching is UsUally Canceled.

Comment by Lil – July 28, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love The Lying Game I can’t believe it’s cancelled. I will never watch ABC Family again. They took away one of the best shows that come on that network. So disappointed.

Comment by cadies – July 28, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT!!!This show was way better than Pretty Little Liars because they actually had just started getting to the point and getting good and they just end it?!??!?!! UUUUUUGHHHH

Comment by Makazzi Graphics (@MakazziGraphics) – July 28, 2013 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate that The Lying Game was cancelled!! :(

Comment by Veronica – July 29, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show! Im totally bummed!!

Comment by sheena – July 29, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they keep bun heads im gonna b really mad cuz nobody likes that show an everyone love TLG they always cancel the good shows an come back with worse ones every time

Comment by Aly – July 29, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANT BELIEVE THEY PUT THE STUPID VINEYARD SHOW ON TV AND CANCEL THE LYING GAME HOW COULD THEY JUST END IT LIKE THAT. THIS IS SO STUPID. ABC FAMILY YOUR LOOSING FANS HERE!!

Comment by Brierra – July 29, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS SO STUPID ! HOW DO YOU JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT ! PLL IS SO OVERRATED ! TLG IS WAY BETTER AND SHOULD GET ANOTHER SHOT !!!!!!!! WE NEED TO START A PETITION.

Comment by Nicole – July 29, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had a feeling “The Lying Game” was canceled since the Blair Redford who played Ethan is back on “Switched at Birth.”

I thought “The Lying Game’s” story line moved, and the actors and actresses did a great job. Bringing Charisma Carpenter in as Sutton and Emma’s mom was a good move.

Maybe another network could pick up “The Lying Game.” It happened with “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”

Comment by Amandah – July 29, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who get someone hooked into a show then cancels, I feel like my time was wasted, you should finish what you started….That is so unprofessional…..Bring the end of TLC back..

Comment by Vic – July 29, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad there won’t be anymore Lying Game. Blah, it was one of my favorites! Abc family always cancels the best shows (kyle xy for example) blah!!

Comment by Lyssa – July 30, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post