Lying Game Cancelled, Bunheads Fate Still TBD

The Lying Game CancelledIt’s Lying Game over, folks.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek Video: Spencer and Toby Make Their Way to Eerie Ravenswood

Series lead Alexandra Chando has confirmed that the mystery-filled ABC Family drama will in fact not be returning, via a message on Instagram:

To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, ABC Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us!

Chando’s announcement comes in the wake of much speculation that Lying Game’s modestly rated run had ended, especially as the freshman series The Fosters keeps hitting new highs in the Nielsens.

RELATED | The Fosters‘ Maia Mitchell Previews Callie’s Growing Bond With Brandon, ‘Huge’ Liam Reveal

That leaves Bunheads as the only ABC Family series with a fate that remains TBD; check our Cable Renewal Scorecard for updates.

What burning question from The Lying Game would you most like answered?

1. Jared says:

I LOVED The Lying Game but can’t say im surprised ABCFamily decided to cancel it. It just sucks that the network couldn’t have made this decision months ago instead of making fans and the cast wait out a fate that was pretty much already determined after the finale. Hopefully Alexandra Chando and the rest of the cast move onto bigger and better projects.

2. Sheila says:

Vulture.com is reporting that the Bunheads sets have been torn down. That can’t be good.

3. Regan says:

I LOVE THE LYING GAME. This ruined my amazing day. I hope Bunheads gets cancelled. If anything, the Lying Game should be picked up- at least by another network. And they should put it on another day, in a better time slot. The reason why it didn’t get renewed is because of the time it’s on. Most people don’t watch the show in the 9-10pm eastern/8-9pm central time show.

4. Tori says:

I loved this show! Even though i watch twisted it so is not my favorite! TLG needs to stay or they need to at least make a wrap-up episode! And as a dancer myself I really hope they keep bunheads because i enjoyed it.

5. Susan Jocelyn says:

Oh, what a shame! *snorts*

6. Brandy says:

This is absolute crap. They string us along for months only to cancel it. The show was so good, and I preferred it over The Lying Game. Such a shame we will never get all our answers or resolution. Abc Family could have at least given fans some type of closure.

7. bobbie says:

That SUCKS!

8. Mollie says:

This sucks everytime I like a show in ABC Family they cancel it !!!!!!! Been waiting all summer for it to come back on . Real nice ABC Family !

9. wooster182 says:

Does this mean we get to keep Blair Redford as Ty on SWITCHED AT BIRTH?!?!?!?!

10. Kate says:

I watch twisted and the fosters, simply because there is nothing better to do. I really wouldn’t mind either getting cancelled, which obviously shows something. A lot of the people that watch don’t really care. Bring back Greek.

11. Ashley says:

Well that is stupid to leave the show hanging like that! I would be ok if they had 10 more episode like what Alexandra Chando said, so that they could finish the story. ABC family has produced lots of good shows, but they certainly don’t know how end the story. People who makes shows need to treat the season finale as the last episode so that if the show is cancelled, the story is at least complete. But just saying

12. K. says:

Well that SUCKS! Now I’ll never know who the heck was the killer…Also liked Lying Games better then Twisted, which I’ve lost interest in after 4 episodes but I was wanting Danny and Jo together anyways and they went another direction……

13. Jo Ann says:

Why do you put anything on TV and when you get people love the shows then off they go. WRONG WRONG../…….

14. Jo Ann says:

BRING THE LYING GAME BACK…………

• The Lying Game was and awesome show, it should not just be cancelled it should at least be finished. The fans have a right. You always start a series and people love and then you drop it. Shame on you’re going to wind up losing a whole lot of viewers on ABC and from your ratings that’s not going to be good for you.

15. matt smith says:

The should give the fans closure and the ratings for the lying game were better then bunheads

16. James says:

KWEEN SUTTON….Gosh frakkin’ heck. I can’t live without my Kween Sutton making peasant twin Emma’s life miserable with her b!tchiness.

17. Jacqi says:

Boooo!!!! I will just have to break down and read the books

18. Amanda says:

Well, at least we still have Pretty Little Liars :D
    I don’t really like to watch The Lying Game anyway, the story and characters are way too different from the book…

19. Helen says:

If they had brains, or at least a heart, they’d do a two hour Lying Game movie special to wrap it up! At least then there would be answers.

20. Grace says:

As I mentioned on Instagram. “That sucks considering that ABC Family has THREE other days to showcase The Lying Game along side The Fosters and Twisted. Get it together ABC Family. You canceled Kyle XY and now The Lying Game? Pretty sure Bunheads is next in line.”

21. Alexis says:

Ever show I watch they cancel like (off the map) does any one here remember that show and theres is alot they never awnsered from lying game abc sucks i like tbs better

22. Trisha says:

Does anybody at least know the end? Like…who the murderer is? Cuz I really want to know. But I’m also soo sad it was cancelled. It was one of my fav shows.

23. Alexis says:

Pretty little liars should be canceled that show sucks

24. keona henry says:

I AM VERY UPSET! THIS SHOW IS WAYYYYYYY BETTER THAN “twisted” AND “the fosters” THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR. IF YOU GUYS WANNA CANCEL A SHOW, CANCEL THE CRAPPIE ONES THAT THEY ARE PLAYING NOW! TUHH -_____-

25. Ducky says:

We should do an email campaign to try and get another channel to pick it up and finish it!

26. DavidSask says:

Lying Game is great in comparison to the new Twisted which is epic slow and who cares mystery arc?! Sadly the writing was on wall for show when cast members took other jobs! Bunheads is likely a goner to as doesn’t go beyond certain demographic and story arc!

27. Ella says:

I loved the Lying Game but I am not surprised – the second half of season 2 was AWFUL. Dragging Thayer’s character through the mud to make Ethan look good, raising more questions than answering them, Alec and Helen (ugh) and not giving the amazing Charisma Carpenter better material to work with and flesh her character out with.

28. Rachel says:

This makes me mad. Abc family cancels all the good shows.

29. White collar suits says:

Bunheads.
    Really? That name alone is a deterrent. I get it….however it is as lame as procrastinating all night long and coming up with a poor decision on a name for a show.

I did watch the first couple shows and liked it. But, the name won’t attract new viewers……..

30. Love TLG says:

PLEASE make this an online series!!!!

31. Liz says:

Very disappointing, but I really hope they don’t cancel Bunheads too! Please try to find out from the producers what they were planning on doing. Who killed Rebecca? What’s the rest of the mystery? Please Matt!

32. Neekie says:

SO WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAKE US WAIT SIX GOD DAMN MONTHS WHEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BRING IT BACK, SERIOUS!!!!! ABC FAMILY WHO DO YOU MAKING THE DECISIONS FOR YOU SOME MONKEYS?????

33. Apocalypto says:

Well another series bites the dust filmed out here in Texas. I don’t understand if the L.A. talent that they ship out here for every show is so great why can’t they ever carry a show? (Chase, Good Guys, My Generation, Lone Star, all one and dones) Did these actors ever reach out to the local Austin or Texas community in general to help promote the show? Nope, they just hide in their fancy hotels and trailers. Maybe it’s time to start giving TEXAS talent a shot at the principal roles on future productions in TEXAS. Hell I’m sure we can do no worse and maybe even help a show succeed out here rather than these L.A. talent who could care less.

34. Shinquell says:

You guys suck! That was a good show! I’d rather watch lying games than ppl that is getting old, I been waiting for it to come back and you guys take it ugh !

35. Emily H says:

This is depressing. I liked it more than twisted but it got confusing after awhile and not starting to make sense. But r.i.p the lying game.but it would be hilarious if this wa all a lying game.

36. Kaliah says:

Omg I’m piiiiissed! I love TLG. I like PLL too but TLG is way better bc it’s more realistic. I was so looking forward to seeing it. ABC has disappointed me.

37. FanofTheLyingGame says:

No! This is so unfair! I’m crying :( its only because people download it!! And dont watch it on the actualy tv! Plaese dont do this

38. Nigel strawberry says:

We at least deserve a final closing episode!!!

39. nettra says:

Abc family pisses me off i was so looking forward to it and now look its gone. I could care less about bun heads or chloe king cuz i thought they were both stupid, but the lying game and jane by design are freaking good shows!!!

40. connie says:

They should at lesst do a two hour movie to close the show. I hate when they leave cliff hangers!!

41. soso says:

abc is bad about bringing on a series and not finishing it so whats new

42. Liz says:

TLG was so much better than these new shows, as well as PLL. They need to wrap up pll and continue TLG. I loved every minute of every episode.this has definitely turned me as well as plenty of people i know away from abcfamily.

43. Noelle Paul says:

Bun heads should be cancelled,
    Pretty Little Liars as well,
    And the studios should bring back The Lying Game!

44. crystle says:

I’m getting really tired of ABC and ABC family canceling my shows. I’m about to quit watching both channels because of this. Its starting to make me mad. Its ridicules!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!

45. AotherAnon says:

It does suck this got canceled :/ abc only check their ratings in the USA. Maybe they should’ve considered other countries where the show was booming?

46. Brooke1 says:

I’ve been following ABC family for I don’t know how many years now and yes I cant believe they would cancel The Lying Game!!! TLG was my “back-up” show for when they cancelled The 9 lives of Chloe King! I mean of course I love watching PLL, The Fosters, Switched at Birth and all the other shows but they could have at least ran the series through till the end and not have left all their fans hanging!!!!

• Leigh says:

Yes! I agree too they should not leave there fan either! Ps do like watching Swited at birth and the forstors too!

47. Leigh says:

I loved that show! I wish kept going this make me sad! Bet I do like twisted it a good show too!

48. Bess says:

This seriously stinks I love the lying game it was one of my favorite tv shows other than PLL and twisted. I have so many questions that never got answer for TLG like for example who killed Derek and who killed Alec?

49. Vanessa says:

This sucks they did the same thing to make it or break it abc family is on a trail to no one liking there channel

50. Vanessa says:

This sucks they did the same thing to make it or break it and the 9 lives cloe king of abc family is on a trail to no one liking there channel