Lying Game Cancelled, Bunheads Fate Still TBD

Get More: Cancellations, News

The Lying Game CancelledIt’s Lying Game over, folks.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek Video: Spencer and Toby Make Their Way to Eerie Ravenswood

Series lead Alexandra Chando has confirmed that the mystery-filled ABC Family drama will in fact not be returning, via a message on Instagram:

To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, ABC Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us!

Chando’s announcement comes in the wake of much speculation that Lying Game’s modestly rated run had ended, especially as the freshman series The Fosters keeps hitting new highs in the Nielsens.

RELATED | The Fosters‘ Maia Mitchell Previews Callie’s Growing Bond With Brandon, ‘Huge’ Liam Reveal

That leaves Bunheads as the only ABC Family series with a fate that remains TBD; check our Cable Renewal Scorecard for updates.

What burning question from The Lying Game would you most like answered?

Comments (881)

• I LOVED The Lying Game but can’t say im surprised ABCFamily decided to cancel it. It just sucks that the network couldn’t have made this decision months ago instead of making fans and the cast wait out a fate that was pretty much already determined after the finale. Hopefully Alexandra Chando and the rest of the cast move onto bigger and better projects.

Comment by Jared – July 15, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vulture.com is reporting that the Bunheads sets have been torn down. That can’t be good.

Comment by Sheila – July 15, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THE LYING GAME. This ruined my amazing day. I hope Bunheads gets cancelled. If anything, the Lying Game should be picked up- at least by another network. And they should put it on another day, in a better time slot. The reason why it didn’t get renewed is because of the time it’s on. Most people don’t watch the show in the 9-10pm eastern/8-9pm central time show.

Comment by Regan – July 15, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show! Even though i watch twisted it so is not my favorite! TLG needs to stay or they need to at least make a wrap-up episode! And as a dancer myself I really hope they keep bunheads because i enjoyed it.

Comment by Tori – July 15, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, what a shame! *snorts*

Comment by Susan Jocelyn – July 15, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is absolute crap. They string us along for months only to cancel it. The show was so good, and I preferred it over The Lying Game. Such a shame we will never get all our answers or resolution. Abc Family could have at least given fans some type of closure.

Comment by Brandy – July 15, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That SUCKS!

Comment by bobbie – July 15, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks everytime I like a show in ABC Family they cancel it !!!!!!! Been waiting all summer for it to come back on . Real nice ABC Family !

Comment by Mollie – July 15, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean we get to keep Blair Redford as Ty on SWITCHED AT BIRTH?!?!?!?!

Comment by wooster182 – July 15, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch twisted and the fosters, simply because there is nothing better to do. I really wouldn’t mind either getting cancelled, which obviously shows something. A lot of the people that watch don’t really care. Bring back Greek.

Comment by Kate – July 15, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I LOVED Greek :)

Comment by A. – August 15, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that is stupid to leave the show hanging like that! I would be ok if they had 10 more episode like what Alexandra Chando said, so that they could finish the story. ABC family has produced lots of good shows, but they certainly don’t know how end the story. People who makes shows need to treat the season finale as the last episode so that if the show is cancelled, the story is at least complete. But just saying

Comment by Ashley – July 15, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that SUCKS! Now I’ll never know who the heck was the killer…Also liked Lying Games better then Twisted, which I’ve lost interest in after 4 episodes but I was wanting Danny and Jo together anyways and they went another direction……

Comment by K. – July 15, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you put anything on TV and when you get people love the shows then off they go. WRONG WRONG../…….

Comment by Jo Ann – July 15, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING THE LYING GAME BACK…………

Comment by Jo Ann – July 15, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Lying Game was and awesome show, it should not just be cancelled it should at least be finished. The fans have a right. You always start a series and people love and then you drop it. Shame on you’re going to wind up losing a whole lot of viewers on ABC and from your ratings that’s not going to be good for you.

Comment by Angela Shields – September 29, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The should give the fans closure and the ratings for the lying game were better then bunheads

Comment by matt smith – July 15, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KWEEN SUTTON….Gosh frakkin’ heck. I can’t live without my Kween Sutton making peasant twin Emma’s life miserable with her b!tchiness.

Comment by James – July 15, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boooo!!!! I will just have to break down and read the books

Comment by Jacqi – July 15, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, at least we still have Pretty Little Liars :D
    I don’t really like to watch The Lying Game anyway, the story and characters are way too different from the book…

Comment by Amanda – July 15, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they had brains, or at least a heart, they’d do a two hour Lying Game movie special to wrap it up! At least then there would be answers.

Comment by Helen – July 15, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As I mentioned on Instagram. “That sucks considering that ABC Family has THREE other days to showcase The Lying Game along side The Fosters and Twisted. Get it together ABC Family. You canceled Kyle XY and now The Lying Game? Pretty sure Bunheads is next in line.”

Comment by Grace – July 15, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever show I watch they cancel like (off the map) does any one here remember that show and theres is alot they never awnsered from lying game abc sucks i like tbs better

Comment by Alexis – July 15, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody at least know the end? Like…who the murderer is? Cuz I really want to know. But I’m also soo sad it was cancelled. It was one of my fav shows.

Comment by Trisha – July 15, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats what i want to know What is the end? I agree

Comment by Alexis – July 15, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty little liars should be canceled that show sucks

Comment by Alexis – July 15, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM VERY UPSET! THIS SHOW IS WAYYYYYYY BETTER THAN “twisted” AND “the fosters” THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR. IF YOU GUYS WANNA CANCEL A SHOW, CANCEL THE CRAPPIE ONES THAT THEY ARE PLAYING NOW! TUHH -_____-

Comment by keona henry – July 15, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We should do an email campaign to try and get another channel to pick it up and finish it!

Comment by Ducky – July 15, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree with you, I loved the show.

Comment by Jo Ann – July 16, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lying Game is great in comparison to the new Twisted which is epic slow and who cares mystery arc?! Sadly the writing was on wall for show when cast members took other jobs! Bunheads is likely a goner to as doesn’t go beyond certain demographic and story arc!

Comment by DavidSask – July 15, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Lying Game but I am not surprised – the second half of season 2 was AWFUL. Dragging Thayer’s character through the mud to make Ethan look good, raising more questions than answering them, Alec and Helen (ugh) and not giving the amazing Charisma Carpenter better material to work with and flesh her character out with.

Comment by Ella – July 16, 2013 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me mad. Abc family cancels all the good shows.

Comment by Rachel – July 16, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bunheads.
    Really? That name alone is a deterrent. I get it….however it is as lame as procrastinating all night long and coming up with a poor decision on a name for a show.

I did watch the first couple shows and liked it. But, the name won’t attract new viewers……..

Comment by White collar suits – July 16, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE make this an online series!!!!

Comment by Love TLG – July 16, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very disappointing, but I really hope they don’t cancel Bunheads too! Please try to find out from the producers what they were planning on doing. Who killed Rebecca? What’s the rest of the mystery? Please Matt!

Comment by Liz – July 16, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAKE US WAIT SIX GOD DAMN MONTHS WHEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE NOT GOING TO BRING IT BACK, SERIOUS!!!!! ABC FAMILY WHO DO YOU MAKING THE DECISIONS FOR YOU SOME MONKEYS?????

Comment by Neekie – July 16, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well another series bites the dust filmed out here in Texas. I don’t understand if the L.A. talent that they ship out here for every show is so great why can’t they ever carry a show? (Chase, Good Guys, My Generation, Lone Star, all one and dones) Did these actors ever reach out to the local Austin or Texas community in general to help promote the show? Nope, they just hide in their fancy hotels and trailers. Maybe it’s time to start giving TEXAS talent a shot at the principal roles on future productions in TEXAS. Hell I’m sure we can do no worse and maybe even help a show succeed out here rather than these L.A. talent who could care less.

Comment by Apocalypto – July 16, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys suck! That was a good show! I’d rather watch lying games than ppl that is getting old, I been waiting for it to come back and you guys take it ugh !

Comment by Shinquell – July 16, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is depressing. I liked it more than twisted but it got confusing after awhile and not starting to make sense. But r.i.p the lying game.but it would be hilarious if this wa all a lying game.

Comment by Emily H – July 16, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I’m piiiiissed! I love TLG. I like PLL too but TLG is way better bc it’s more realistic. I was so looking forward to seeing it. ABC has disappointed me.

Comment by Kaliah – July 16, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! This is so unfair! I’m crying :( its only because people download it!! And dont watch it on the actualy tv! Plaese dont do this

Comment by FanofTheLyingGame – July 16, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We at least deserve a final closing episode!!!

Comment by Nigel strawberry – July 17, 2013 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abc family pisses me off i was so looking forward to it and now look its gone. I could care less about bun heads or chloe king cuz i thought they were both stupid, but the lying game and jane by design are freaking good shows!!!

Comment by nettra – July 17, 2013 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should at lesst do a two hour movie to close the show. I hate when they leave cliff hangers!!

Comment by connie – July 17, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • abc is bad about bringing on a series and not finishing it so whats new

Comment by soso – July 17, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TLG was so much better than these new shows, as well as PLL. They need to wrap up pll and continue TLG. I loved every minute of every episode.this has definitely turned me as well as plenty of people i know away from abcfamily.

Comment by Liz – July 17, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bun heads should be cancelled,
    Pretty Little Liars as well,
    And the studios should bring back The Lying Game!

Comment by Noelle Paul – July 18, 2013 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m getting really tired of ABC and ABC family canceling my shows. I’m about to quit watching both channels because of this. Its starting to make me mad. Its ridicules!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!

Comment by crystle – July 18, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It does suck this got canceled :/ abc only check their ratings in the USA. Maybe they should’ve considered other countries where the show was booming?

Comment by AotherAnon – July 19, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been following ABC family for I don’t know how many years now and yes I cant believe they would cancel The Lying Game!!! TLG was my “back-up” show for when they cancelled The 9 lives of Chloe King! I mean of course I love watching PLL, The Fosters, Switched at Birth and all the other shows but they could have at least ran the series through till the end and not have left all their fans hanging!!!!

Comment by Brooke1 – July 19, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I agree too they should not leave there fan either! Ps do like watching Swited at birth and the forstors too!

Comment by Leigh – July 20, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved that show! I wish kept going this make me sad! Bet I do like twisted it a good show too!

Comment by Leigh – July 20, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seriously stinks I love the lying game it was one of my favorite tv shows other than PLL and twisted. I have so many questions that never got answer for TLG like for example who killed Derek and who killed Alec?

Comment by Bess – July 20, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks they did the same thing to make it or break it abc family is on a trail to no one liking there channel

Comment by Vanessa – July 20, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks they did the same thing to make it or break it and the 9 lives cloe king of abc family is on a trail to no one liking there channel

Comment by Vanessa – July 20, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post