Exclusive Video: Orphan Black Star Tatiana Maslany, Series Creators Reveal the Real Cosima

Get More: DVD, Exclusive, Video

All you Orphan Black fans, hold on to your dreadlocks because there’s a real-life Cosima!

In this exclusive video from the acclaimed thriller’s Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray release (in stores Tuesday), star Tatiana Maslany and creators John Fawcett and Graeme Manson share the inspiration for the evo-devo geek.

RELATED | Orphan Black at Comic-Con

A friend of Manson’s from before the series’ start, Cosima Herter, serves as show’s science consultant and as such briefed its leading lady on the “insane” premise, says Maslany in the DVDs’ “Send in the Clones” featurette. “It just gave me such a key into that world because I could see the connection, how it’s emotional. It’s about humans. It’s about life.”

Meanwhile, hair stylist Sandy Sokolowski and makeup artist Stephen Lynch discuss the fictional PhD student’s “West Coast, maybe Berkeley vibe.”

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and make sure to buy a copy — or two, or three; it is a clone show — of the DVD tomorrow.

Loading video...

Comments (6)

• People from San Francisco NEVER say San Fran. Only tourists use that them. Just so you know.

Comment by Diane Emory – July 15, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was told by a native that they never say ‘Frisco’. I found it odd that she said San Fran to a foreigner, assuming Dalphine would know what she meant.

Comment by McKenna – July 16, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not from SF, but when I was a kid I was up in SF several times a year, and learned to use “Frisco” from the natives. But now, over a decade later, I was also told (from different natives) that they never use “Frisco.” Perhaps the vernacular just changes with time, or it’s dependent on which part of SF you’re from, but I grew up with “Frisco,” and continue to use it, even if the natives give me the side-eye every time.

Comment by leone – July 20, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, LOVE this show!

Comment by K2 – July 15, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The video won’t PLAY! dang it! Keeps giving me an error message

Comment by Suhaila – July 16, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A friend of Manson’s from before the series’ start, Cosima Herter, serves as show’s science consultant and as such briefed its leading lady on the “insane” premise, says Maslany in the DVDs’ “Send in the Clones” featurette. “It just gave me such a key into that world because I could see the connection, how it’s emotional. It’s about humans.

Comment by rifka – February 17, 2014 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post