What to Watch Friday: Cult Closes, Continuum Cops Clash, Andy Samberg Goes Bang! and More

CultOn TV this Friday: Cult goes down in a blaze of story, Continuum hopes foresight is 20/20, Jessie makes a mother of a mistake and Comedy Bang! Bang!‘s second season starts with a Lonely Islander. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Cult (The CW) | Double-episode series finale: First, Jeff and Skye remain in hiding from the True Believers, now that Stuart knows that they know his true identity. Then at 9, the “Cult” production team prepares to film a live scene that will air online after its season finale — but only the actors know how it will end. Meanwhile, on “Cult” (does your brain hurt, too?), Billy taunts Kelly to kill her parents’ murderer.

8 pm Bones (Fox) | Repeat to Revisit: Brennan makes up for lost time when, after being shot while working late at the Jeffersonian, she spends most of the episode having visions of her late mother (played by Brooke Langton, Melrose Place).

8:30 pm Jessie (Disney Channel) | Jessie surprises Bertram with a birthday visit from his mom (guest star Lainie Kazan, My Big Fat Greek Wedding), wholly unaware that the Winkles just don’t get along.

RELATED | Save the Date: Your July Calendar of More Than 70 Premieres and Finales

9 pm What Would You Do? (ABC) | Tonight: How far will Average Magic CityJoes will go for a fast-food freebie? My answer: You don’t wanna know, Quiñones.

9 pm Magic City (Starz) | Vera prepares for her show’s big premiere, Ike offers Sy Berman Havana for the Miramar Playa and Ben’s interference in Nicky’s arms deal has tragic results.

9:30 pm Phineas and Ferb (Disney Channel) | The boys set out to prove the chupacabra exists; Phineas and the gang go to great lengths to celebrate Isabella’s birthday.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Friday — Hawaii Five-0 Vs. Grimm and Other DVR Dilemmas

10 pm Continuum (Syfy) | Carlos proves to be Kiera’s biggest obstacle when she plans to use her knowledge of the future to solve a serial killer case.

10 pm Treehouse Masters (Animal Planet) | A family (with an apparently unlimited budget) creates a clubhouse with a BBQ patio, a living room and a lofted playroom. (How much you wanna bet it’ll have more square footage than my New York studio?)

10 pm Comedy Bang! Bang! (IFC) | Season 2 premiere: Saturday Night Live alum Andy Samberg joins Scott and Reggie as the offbeat interview show returns.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (10)

• I’m one of the rare Cult fans. Last weeks episodes were really good! Sad it’s ending this Mid Season stuff just doesn’t work for CW!

Comment by Maki – July 12, 2013 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maki, you’re not that rare. I LOVE Cult! Hopefully we’ll find out what “These things snap right off” means…

Comment by K2 – July 12, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Cult as well. I think it failed because of three things (1) It is difficult to follow and you actually have to give it your full attention. (2) I think some fans who really love their favorite tv shows were insulted because they felt like it was somehow backhandedly insulting them. (3) The promos were so oversimplified as to be totally misleading as to what the show was actually about.

If the promos had hinted at what the show was actually about, I think it would have done better. Let’s try this for a description: A 25 year old deadly and mysterious cult that began as a group of children whose parents disappeared are now all grown up with a mysterious and secret agenda that includes finding the secrets behind a tv show about a cult that appears to be based on the events surrounding the disappearance of their parents.

Comment by Maryann – July 12, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I also love Cult and while I am glad they have given us these last six episodes am sad it didn’t do well enough to continue and I agree with you completely on why that is!

Comment by alison – July 12, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No wwe?

Comment by echox860 – July 12, 2013 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonights’s shows:

Cult x 2 (See my comment above as to why this is the best show no one is watching!)
    Continuum
    Magic City

Comment by Maryann – July 12, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PBS Death In Paradise and Foyle’s War for me.

Comment by JCK – July 12, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, Death In Paradise is fun, isn’t it? I’ve really been enjoying it, and I’d definitely recommend checking it out if you’re a fan of those British mystery shows, it’s a very good one!

Comment by Drew – July 12, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cult, I’ll miss the show. and Continuum

Comment by Joey – July 12, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing from that list tonight but I got my ticket to go see Pacific Rim.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – July 12, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post