Fall TV Preview

Parks and Recreation: Kristen Bell to Guest Star

Kristen-Bell parks and recKristen Bell is Pawnee-bound.

The Veronica Mars/House of Lies actress will guest star in a Season 6 episode of Parks and Recreation as a snooty City Councilwoman from neighboring Eagleton, EW.com reports.

PHOTOS | Chris Pratt’s Killer New Body: 5 Ways Parks and Rec Could Use it in Season 6

“She’s Leslie’s equivalent, but richer and better dressed,” exec producer Mike Schur tells the site.

Bell, whose stint on the show will reunite her with former Party Down co-star Adam Scott, will shoot the ep after she finishes work on the Veronica Mars feature film.

Parks kicks off its sixth season on Sept. 26. Bell’s episode is slated to air in October.

Comments (29)

• OMG that’s so AWESOME!

Comment by C – July 11, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARTY DOWN REUNION! Can’t wait!

Comment by Gold Rhapsody – July 11, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, that would be like Henry and Uda or Mr. Rooks and Veronica together!

Comment by VMarsConfessions (@VMarsConfession) – July 11, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mr. Rook! Of course! This will be their third time together. I hope they include some Party Down references!

Comment by Mandy – July 11, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAHHH!!

Comment by João Amaral – July 11, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE THIS!

Comment by Joanie – July 11, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PERFECTION. No other word.

Comment by lifesanarsehole – July 11, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY

Comment by Juan (@teenagetigercat) – July 11, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RING MY (KRISTEN) BELL!!

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – July 11, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My love for this show grows more and more every day

Comment by Elizabeth – July 11, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Dick Whitman – July 11, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The bet thing that’s ever happened to anybody anywhere

Comment by Caity – July 11, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love love love her :) can’t wait!

Comment by Elyse – July 11, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I could totally see her as an Eagletonian.

Comment by Loni – July 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah as soon as I saw the Headline, I was like, “she’s going to be from Eagleton,” she’s just that perfect.

Comment by Drewer – July 11, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really good casting.

Comment by ER – July 11, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I love Kristen Bell and I started watching Parks this year and It’s an awesome tv show.

Comment by Mari – July 11, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently I remain the only person on the Internet who doesn’t understand why so many people are so enamored with Kristen Bell. She is to me what Li’l Sebastian is to Ben Wyatt. Maybe this will be the role that convinces me she’s as awesome as everyone says.

Comment by Michelle – July 11, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lately, I agree with you. But she was awesome on Veronica Mars. I think she has a lot of diehard fans from that show… Like me!!!

Comment by Nicotine – July 11, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If by any chance you haven’t come across it yet, watch her interview with Ellen when she talks about sloths. I defy you to not love her after that!

Comment by Nat – July 28, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I sure hope “Veronica” has a scene with “Burt Macklin”

Comment by Kay – July 11, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t they already have a character like this with Parker Posey?

Comment by Anne – July 11, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parker Posey played Leslie’s ex-best friend who took a job at the Eagleton Parks Department when Leslie turned it down. My guess is that Kristen’s character wont have any back story with Leslie aside from politics.

Comment by Elizabeth – July 11, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I hope she’ll get to share scenes with Adam Scott in the episode.

Comment by Joey – July 11, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If we know the P&R writers as well as we do, you know they will literally do this for the fans and fingers crossed give Kristen Bell’s character more than just 1 episode.

Comment by Scott – July 12, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Kristen, she will do a great job on the Best Show on TV!

Comment by Spencer – July 11, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please oh please have her interact with Jean-Ralphio at some point in the ep!

Comment by Leah – July 11, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And makes total sense given the Ken Marino/Ryan Hansen connection too, from Veronica Mars and Party Down!

Comment by ekokomo – July 11, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that is LITTERALY the best news ever

Comment by ddutchie88 – July 12, 2013 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post