Grimm Season 3: Monroe and Rosalee Will Wed!

Grimm Season 3 Spoilers Monroe Rosalee WedSomething old, something new, something borrowed, something Blutbad?

Grimm‘s Monroe and Rosalee are goin’ to the Wesen chapel in the NBC series’ upcoming third season, TV Guide Magazine reports.

Expect the happy pair — whose romance simmered in the background throughout Season 2 — to have a hard time convincing their parents that a wolf-like Blutbad and a foxy Fuchsbau can make a go of it.

RELATED | Fall TV Premiere Dates — When Will Grimm Return?

Executive producer David Greenwalt tells the site that Monroe’s folks aren’t as evolved as their son, and “They think Fuchsbau like Rosalee are for eating, not for settling down with.” (Should make for an interesting reception, at least.)

Meanwhile, Greenwalt and co-EP James Kouf preview that Nick’s zombified time in the box will make him quite “dangerous,” that Wu will be rattled in the extreme by a Wesen encounter and that Hank will fall for his otherwordly physical therapist.

What do you think about these Grimm developments? Sound off in the comments!

1. John says:

Love the show, love that couple!

• JCK says:

ITA. Monroe is the Grimm equivalent of Fonzie on Happy Days. He was meant to be a secondary character, but quickly outshone the star.

• RIGHT??? Monroe is totally the star. I seriously didn’t even NOTICE Hank was gone for a few episodes until he was back. Not. Even. Kidding. The show is much more fun when Monroe and Rosalee help Nick with Grimm stuff,

• White collar suits says:

I love it when people nail it!

U said it right JCK.

Fonzarelli. It’s all about the fonz. And I like this actress……… I like her work

• Ruth Thomas says:

they are 1 of my favorite couple next to nick and julliett

2. jenferner8 says:

This is great news! Especially with all the “crap” on tv these days, it’s nice to have something fun to celebrate.
    Hopefully this means a darker and more dangerous Nick. I’m glad to hear about Hank and Wu, however, something about the Captain would be greatly appreciated! If the show needs someone to “look after” Renard, please tell me where I to sign up!

3. Elyse says:

Yay for Monroe and Rosalee!!!!!

4. Monroe from Grimm is one of the best scene stealers on TV in years. Can’t wait for the new season on October 25th. THANK GRIMM IT’S FRIDAY

5. wordsmith says:

All of those plot developments sound great. Cannot wait for the new season.

6. OMG, wedding of the century!!! I’m literally squealing! Yaaaaaay! I can’t wait! This promises a lot of laughs! Grimm went all the way to my Top 2 tv shows since Rosalee joined the cast! And I’m totally NOT a shipper. But when relationships work, they just do! <3

7. Whatever says:

Love the show.
    Monroe is such a scene stealer ,great news about the wedding.

8. Alichat says:

Awwww…..wesen love!

9. RUCookie says:

Great show that keeps building its mythos and its characters at the same time… reminds me of another show that could balance both, ala Buffy. Funny how the writers are the same!

These story lines make perfect sense from where we left off this past season. Thank Grimm its Friday!

10. DL says:

I love the two of them together. I was rooting for them as a couple from the second they met. So glad Grimm decided to go for it instead of torturing us with a will they/won’t they.

I have to admit, though, I’m curious about… their children! Would their kids have a 50/50 shot of being either Blutbad or Fuchsbau? Or would they be some kind of hybrid? I must know!

• Karen Thomason says:

I was wondering the same thing, or the baby could be normal…I can’t wait to find out….

• IvyKllr says:

Mendel says that one would be Blutbad, one would be Fuchsbau, and two would be hybrids. So if they have only one child, the chances would be 25% Blutbad, 25% Fuchsbau, 50% hybrid for that child.

That said, I hope Monroe and Rosalee have an easier time than Nick and Juliette have had. I’d hate to see any more of Joss Whedon’s Patented No Happiness For Couples; I’ve had my fill of it. And there are quite a few of us who would like to see a LOT more of the Captain; yay, Captain! I’m really happy that he’s been one of the Merry Musketeers for the last season; they make a charmingly unlikely group of allies. I suspect they’ll need to really pull together in the face of the triple threat of zombies, royals, and flippin’ Adelind. Oh, and it’s about time that Wu gets formally and/or frightfully inducted into the gang; after all, he’s already eaten his share of cushion stuffing and then some, he should know what’s going on, too!

11. LlThatJazz says:

I love Monroe. And I love the relationship between Monroe and Rosalee but I still question her intentions when she hid the key for Nick and there was a bundle of cash. I’d hate to see Monroe get hurt!

• BabyFirefly says:

I don’t remember the money, or that scene apparently. Was it in a drawer or something? Did it look fishy?

• A.B. says:

It was probably her brothers hiding spot and could be his stuff.

• Miccilina Piraino says:

That was kind of explained, the money was there to help other vessen escape if need be, the brother made fake id’s as well, Rosalie does this sometimes in the show. Rosalie is the real deal, so happy for the characters, should be an interesting season!

• Mary says:

ohman I agree, I have been wondering about her for awhile!!!

12. Mere says:

Great video! Love David and Nick makes a pretty hot zombie! Looking forward to Monroe’s wedding – hope Nick is back in shape to be his best man!

13. Deb H says:

I can’t wait for the new season. I love Monroe.

14. Kat says:

yay!!!! Now can we get rid of Juliette and get Nick a new girl?

• Karen Thomason says:

Wonderful idea. Juliette’s character needs to be replaced.

• IvyKllr says:

I respectfully disagree. Before she was denial girl, followed by amnesia girl, Juliette had a LOT to recommend her – up to and including throwing boiling water on monsters who broke into the house, and following up on a birdwoman who was being abused; she was more worried about a stranger’s pain than the importance of her own getaway with Nick. I like Juliette, and now that she’s clued-in about Grimms, and remembers she loves Nick (hope he doesn’t forget HER now, that would be tiresome), she can go back to being an asset. I can see a top-notch vet like our Juliette being a real asset to the Wesen community – not to mention the occasional copper who might have wounds he would prefer treated privately.

• E says:

In answer to various previous points, I have to agree with a lot of folks that Silas Weir Mitchell is fantastic and steals the show. I personally would LOVE for Juliette to be rewritten and recast to be less dopey and smug and to not have a face that looks like it’s been injected with Jello. Love Monroe and Rosalie. Would have no objection whatsoever to more of the Captain (gotta love a guy who throws himself into a role and also speaks French-did anyone see his turn on Castle?) Looking forward to the new season and seeing how things play out!

• Liz says:

I agree Juliette and Nick do not click as a couple, therte is no connection between the two as there is with Munroe and Rosalee.

15. I kind of don’t want them to marry. Can’t they just be together like adults without the faux-event wedding?

16. liz says:

Oh how delightful!!

17. Jillian says:

I just hope Juliet finally finds out about Nick being a Grimm and all the monsters because that whole storyline had gone on too long and it’s getting so old and I don’t understand why they want to keep it from her so badly. I think just telling her would keep her more safe because then if a monster tries to come after her, she knows what she’s dealing with and maybe how to defend herself. Maybe she can use her knowledge as a vet to help identiy new creatures and stuff.

• Taylor says:

Jillian, I’m guessing that you missed the last few episodes of season 2, because Juliet finally remembered Nick telling her that he’s a grimm and Monroe, Rosalee and Bud all showed her their Wessen forms. Plus, she and Nick once again talked about him being a Grimm.

18. sara says:

I am sooooo excited that rosalee and monroe are getting married. This is soooo cool (:

19. Louis Tulini says:

I think the Wedding story line is going to be great, it’s going to be a Lot of fun, I did miss Hank while he was gone, Wu needs a little exposure, and I think the Captain is going to show up to help Nick,but in the meantime,Nick is going to be one pissed off Grimm, I can’t wait for the show to return, I hope all the actors are having a great Summer!

20. Louis Tulini says:

I almost forgot! I think Bud is a Great addition, the way he talks and acts,all nervous and jumpy is a riot, every time he’s in a scene and starts talking I start laughing, Him and Monroe together are like Abbot and Costello!

21. Edwina Foreman says:

What do we wear to this Type of wedding? Monroe is the show. Thanks for filming the show in America. Love all the Great locations in and around Portland.

22. Patrica says:

I love “Grimm” so much! It’s a show that is so unique to tv!!!! I do hope though that Nick will remain a good guy after being “zombified”! Congrats to Monroe and Rosalee!!!!!! <3

23. S Griffin says:

Nooooo! Monroe should not marry Rosalee. She’s annoying! He should marry ME!

24. Patrice says:

I noticed Hank was gone. I believe he tore his Achilles’ tendon and probably had surgery. Also that little hidey hole where Rosalie put the key is like her homemade safe. It’s nothing nefarious. I really love this show because it is so unique. And I sure wish I could go to comic-con and see them on July 20. Can’t wait for the new season either.

25. R. J. says:

I love Monroe. I think the actors that play Monroe and Nick work wonderfully together. THank is superfluous in my opinion. Same with Juliet.

26. Debi says:

Is this to be considered a mixed marriage? Wolves and foxes don’t usually mate. I’m sure there will be fallout over this one.

• Dreamrose says:

It’s not the first ‘mixed’ Wesen marriage we’ve seen on Grimm. There was, for instance, the Seltenvogel and her abusive Klaustreich husband in “The Thing With Feathers.”

• deb says:

A Wesen Romeo & Juliet and think of the adorable cubs errr children they’ll have.

27. Chloe says:

i suspect that their wedding is not going to go as planned ;)

28. Ruth Thomas says:

i want to know who adalines baby really belongs too great show may it not get cancelled

29. Dawn says:

Just get the show on the road already!!!!! I miss Grimm!!!!!!

30. jspattzfan says:

Monroe and Rosalee are made for each other. I love this show and all the characters, but Monroe makes the show! A wedding should lightenup the show a little bit( but I do love the drama!)

31. SA Gould says:

Looking forward to the Captain (Sasha Roiz) getting some payback with his thoroughly obnoxious brother.

32. I love this show and all of the characters, but couldn’t care less about Monroe and Rosalee getting married. I don’t like her character & think their relationship takes away from the real premise of the show.

33. Tylice says:

When is Dr. Harper (Susan Sach’s character), the medical pathologist, going to be initiated into the the Wesen world? With all the weird autopsies on her table you’d think she’d have many questions.. or is she, too, Wesen??

34. tvdiva says:

I watch the show for Monroe and Rosalee. They should be the real stars. They are fantastic.

35. chris says:

Does anyone ever wonder if Juliette on Grimm is wesen and doesn’t know or maybe her role turns out to have more sinister roots than loving ones? I’ve always thought the perfect angel is a devil and sometimes, even in her most “innocent” or “concerned” scenes, she kind of scares me like not knowing whether or not a clown is smiling at you in fun or anger just waiting to rage out.
    Chris

36. Bermudagirl says:

Silas Weir Mitchell deserves second billing. I get that when the show started, Hank was meant to be the main sidekick but Monroe definitely fits the bill. Monroe is a much loved character and would be missed more than Hank-sorry. TPTB need to recognize that and when the credits roll, we need to see at the end ‘and Silas Weir Mitchell.”

Next point-I don’t like all this stuff where humans besides Nick seeing wesen. It’s stupid! The whole point is that he is special and has this gift that ordinary humans don’t have. How is it possible for Hank and Juliette to suddenly be able to see them as well? That part is going too far. I also don’t think Juliette should know that Nick is a Grimm-erase that out of her memory and keep us in suspense wondering if she’ll find out. I feel like too much is being exposed and where’s the mystery? Hank shouldn’t know, either. I feel the show is messing up with that.

Finally, I’d like for us to see what the wesen see when they look at Nick-that moment they realize he’s a Grimm. I picture his head looking like a flaming skull or something like that (skull-like, maybe with a hood)..sort of like an angel of death coming for them. Also, I don’t like the way the Captain looks when he changes into whatever he is. I’d like him to look more reptilian. So when he changes, he should look like a big snake or lizard; something like that.

Oh-and I don’t like the marriage idea with Monroe and Rosalee. They can stay in a relationship but a marriage will spoil things…unless there is major conflict with the families as suggested. That might be pretty interesting…maybe they’ll bring in some new characters. I think John Turtorro would be great as his dad, but maybe he’s not old enough (approx. 12 years older) but that hasn’t stopped casting agents before. Hmmm…maybe the marriage idea isn’t so bad after all.

Can’t wait for my Grimm…why can’t October hurry up and come? Why so late-didn’t it start back up in August last year???

• Shalomar says:

Maybe you need to rewatch Grimm up to this point, but all of the woge-ing has been explained. Nick can see them woge when they become too emotional about something. They can also woge just their eyes or faces (partial woge) or full on woge. Monroe explains to Nick at one point the differences between Grimm’s seeing Wesen and normal humans seeing them. You arguing it is stupid is invalid, or did you miss the episode “Natural Born Wesen” (S2, E14) about the Wesen code of honor being broken? Yes, there was an ENTIRE episode where fully woged Wesen were all over the media! Whether or not a normal human can see Wesen is entirely up to that Wesen and it isn’t a common thing for their PROTECTION, but they know that Hank and Juliette want to help them, it is also why you see Hank asking so often if someone is Wesen, because he doesn’t generally see it when Nick does. As for Wesen realizing Nick is a Grimm it SEEMS to be more of a sense thing when they woge, like a survival thing rather than something they see.

Again, you seem to have missed that Capt. Renard is half Hexenbeist and that is why he has the appearance that he has…that of…a HEXENBEIST.

For the wedding obviously there will be some conflict among the families, the question is if that overrides the conflict of so many Wesen being invited who aren’t going to be okay with Nick being a Grimm…and who isn’t going to notice that at a wedding.

37. Gordon says:

What has become of “Mom” ? – she was incredible

38. pete says:

adalind needs to go

39. Ang says:

Love this show. Only 3 Words to consider: NAKED HAIRY WEDDING!
    Right?!?!?!?!??!!!!!

40. E. Williams says:

Anyone notice how Juliette’s part is now number two and Monroe has very little air time. I think it is ridiculous having her so involved in the show. If she wants her own storyline, give it to her but she should keep her nose out of Nick’s police work. It is ridiculous. I want to see more of Monroe.

• Debi Cole says:

I do like that Juliet is more involved, but then again, I miss the Monroe/Nick friendship. I laughed when Rosalee assumed it was Nick at the door late at night. Of course they could always pit the Rosalee vrs Nick in the relationships with Monroe. She’s pretty strait laced when it comes to reporting to the Council. This could cause problems between the two of them.

41. baguera971-34 says:

Je serais trop contente qu’ils se marient! Dans l’épisode “story we tell em young” ils expliquent que si ils sont dans une situation comme Monroe et Rosalee, c’est le gène le plus fort qui l’emportera ou quelque chose comme çà.
    Sinon je trouve que c’est bien que Hank et Juliette sachent la vérité! Hank parce que c’est plus facile pour Nick de ne pas avoir à expliquer des choses étranges tout seul, et Juliette parce que c’est un soutien pour Nick au quotidien, et que si ils font des enfants ensemble il est important qu’elle sache que ses enfants seront potentiellement des Grimm.

42. randa14 says:

They are all babystealers, i cant believe it, i’m quite gutted, i’m actually rooting for Adelind, hope she gets her baby back and kicks all their asses!

43. Teddy says:

I Was shocked that when Sean Renard was shot and I knew when the new girl was going to rush into the wedding something was going to happen to the vile because she’s a grimm and I did not know that Nick was going to lose Grimm Ness,and Adeline since she didn’t get killed in the last seasons she definitely deserves to die this time and if Juliet doesn’t do it then im hoping Bernard Lives and he does it either way she’s definitely dead and now they’re going to have to tell woo becausehe’s not crazy because it’s not right and he’s freaking out again and having flashbacks, I know exactly what’s gonna happen Nick will probably be promoted and become the Chief of Police and have to tell woo which is going to suck because Benards needs to get everything cleared up with Nick about Juliet and that evil which Adeline I just hope that Nick didn’t get her pregnant because that could be a problem and if she wasn’t so stupid when she was pretending to be Juliet she should’ve ask Bernard where the baby was but maybe she’s figured it out and that’s why she headed over to see the brother of a Benerd and if he doesn’t killer somebody needs to cuz she’s one evil witch and deserves to die, and what’s up with them taking the Trailer to a peice of property in the woods that nick bought doesn’t he know rednecks out hunting will stumble across it and break into it or some hoodlums that doesn’t make sense to me yes move it but not out in the woods hello . I know what’s going to happen Bernard is going to die nick is going to take over as police Chief and trouble is going to become the new Grimm leader and carry on Nick legacy and maybe the mom will come back to help her and Nick will be a normal man and marry Juliet and and woo will Become Hanks new partner because they can’t commit woo To a insane asylum because Woo is too cool and I think that Monroe and Rosalie make a great couple together married and Joe still help Nick and Hank with different portions for their upcoming showbecause Monroe is awesomeso I hope and pray that they will continue to film and without more of Graham not just take for ever to bring it back they did last yearthanks for reading and I just wanted to say Graham is the best show on TV right now and I will watch it as long as they keep filming and putting it on NBC please keep up the hard work and I tell everybody everywhere I go and every coffee shop and Starbucks everywhere to tune in 2 Grimm because this show rocks TC.