Fall TV Preview

Grimm Season 3: Monroe and Rosalee Will Wed!

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Grimm Season 3 Spoilers Monroe Rosalee WedSomething old, something new, something borrowed, something Blutbad?

Grimm‘s Monroe and Rosalee are goin’ to the Wesen chapel in the NBC series’ upcoming third season, TV Guide Magazine reports.

Expect the happy pair — whose romance simmered in the background throughout Season 2 — to have a hard time convincing their parents that a wolf-like Blutbad and a foxy Fuchsbau can make a go of it.

RELATED | Fall TV Premiere Dates — When Will Grimm Return?

Executive producer David Greenwalt tells the site that Monroe’s folks aren’t as evolved as their son, and “They think Fuchsbau like Rosalee are for eating, not for settling down with.” (Should make for an interesting reception, at least.)

Meanwhile, Greenwalt and co-EP James Kouf preview that Nick’s zombified time in the box will make him quite “dangerous,” that Wu will be rattled in the extreme by a Wesen encounter and that Hank will fall for his otherwordly physical therapist.

What do you think about these Grimm developments? Sound off in the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (68)

• Love the show, love that couple!

Comment by John – July 11, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA. Monroe is the Grimm equivalent of Fonzie on Happy Days. He was meant to be a secondary character, but quickly outshone the star.

Comment by JCK – July 11, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • RIGHT??? Monroe is totally the star. I seriously didn’t even NOTICE Hank was gone for a few episodes until he was back. Not. Even. Kidding. The show is much more fun when Monroe and Rosalee help Nick with Grimm stuff,

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 11, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t miss Hank either! Monroe is a far more interesting and has a better dynamic with Nick.

Comment by Mere – July 11, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it when people nail it!

U said it right JCK.

Fonzarelli. It’s all about the fonz. And I like this actress……… I like her work

Comment by White collar suits – July 16, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they are 1 of my favorite couple next to nick and julliett

Comment by Ruth Thomas – July 13, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! Especially with all the “crap” on tv these days, it’s nice to have something fun to celebrate.
    Hopefully this means a darker and more dangerous Nick. I’m glad to hear about Hank and Wu, however, something about the Captain would be greatly appreciated! If the show needs someone to “look after” Renard, please tell me where I to sign up!

Comment by jenferner8 – July 11, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A more dangerous Nick is always appreciated!

Comment by Mere – July 11, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Monroe and Rosalee!!!!!

Comment by Elyse – July 11, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monroe from Grimm is one of the best scene stealers on TV in years. Can’t wait for the new season on October 25th. THANK GRIMM IT’S FRIDAY

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – July 11, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of those plot developments sound great. Cannot wait for the new season.

Comment by wordsmith – July 11, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, wedding of the century!!! I’m literally squealing! Yaaaaaay! I can’t wait! This promises a lot of laughs! Grimm went all the way to my Top 2 tv shows since Rosalee joined the cast! And I’m totally NOT a shipper. But when relationships work, they just do! <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 11, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show.
    Monroe is such a scene stealer ,great news about the wedding.

Comment by Whatever – July 11, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwww…..wesen love!

Comment by Alichat – July 11, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show that keeps building its mythos and its characters at the same time… reminds me of another show that could balance both, ala Buffy. Funny how the writers are the same!

These story lines make perfect sense from where we left off this past season. Thank Grimm its Friday!

Comment by RUCookie – July 11, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! The planned Monroe wedding sounds like it could be as contentious as Xander and Anya families.

Comment by SA Gould – July 14, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the two of them together. I was rooting for them as a couple from the second they met. So glad Grimm decided to go for it instead of torturing us with a will they/won’t they.

I have to admit, though, I’m curious about… their children! Would their kids have a 50/50 shot of being either Blutbad or Fuchsbau? Or would they be some kind of hybrid? I must know!

Comment by DL – July 11, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering the same thing, or the baby could be normal…I can’t wait to find out….

Comment by Karen Thomason – July 14, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mendel says that one would be Blutbad, one would be Fuchsbau, and two would be hybrids. So if they have only one child, the chances would be 25% Blutbad, 25% Fuchsbau, 50% hybrid for that child.

That said, I hope Monroe and Rosalee have an easier time than Nick and Juliette have had. I’d hate to see any more of Joss Whedon’s Patented No Happiness For Couples; I’ve had my fill of it. And there are quite a few of us who would like to see a LOT more of the Captain; yay, Captain! I’m really happy that he’s been one of the Merry Musketeers for the last season; they make a charmingly unlikely group of allies. I suspect they’ll need to really pull together in the face of the triple threat of zombies, royals, and flippin’ Adelind. Oh, and it’s about time that Wu gets formally and/or frightfully inducted into the gang; after all, he’s already eaten his share of cushion stuffing and then some, he should know what’s going on, too!

Comment by IvyKllr – August 5, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, definitely. More of the conflicted Captain!

Comment by S A GOULD – August 6, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Monroe. And I love the relationship between Monroe and Rosalee but I still question her intentions when she hid the key for Nick and there was a bundle of cash. I’d hate to see Monroe get hurt!

Comment by LlThatJazz – July 11, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t remember the money, or that scene apparently. Was it in a drawer or something? Did it look fishy?

Comment by BabyFirefly – July 11, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was probably her brothers hiding spot and could be his stuff.

Comment by A.B. – July 11, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was kind of explained, the money was there to help other vessen escape if need be, the brother made fake id’s as well, Rosalie does this sometimes in the show. Rosalie is the real deal, so happy for the characters, should be an interesting season!

Comment by Miccilina Piraino – July 13, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ohman I agree, I have been wondering about her for awhile!!!

Comment by Mary – July 13, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great video! Love David and Nick makes a pretty hot zombie! Looking forward to Monroe’s wedding – hope Nick is back in shape to be his best man!

Comment by Mere – July 11, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the new season. I love Monroe.

Comment by Deb H – July 11, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!!!! Now can we get rid of Juliette and get Nick a new girl?

Comment by Kat – July 11, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wonderful idea. Juliette’s character needs to be replaced.

Comment by Karen Thomason – July 14, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I respectfully disagree. Before she was denial girl, followed by amnesia girl, Juliette had a LOT to recommend her – up to and including throwing boiling water on monsters who broke into the house, and following up on a birdwoman who was being abused; she was more worried about a stranger’s pain than the importance of her own getaway with Nick. I like Juliette, and now that she’s clued-in about Grimms, and remembers she loves Nick (hope he doesn’t forget HER now, that would be tiresome), she can go back to being an asset. I can see a top-notch vet like our Juliette being a real asset to the Wesen community – not to mention the occasional copper who might have wounds he would prefer treated privately.

Comment by IvyKllr – August 5, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In answer to various previous points, I have to agree with a lot of folks that Silas Weir Mitchell is fantastic and steals the show. I personally would LOVE for Juliette to be rewritten and recast to be less dopey and smug and to not have a face that looks like it’s been injected with Jello. Love Monroe and Rosalie. Would have no objection whatsoever to more of the Captain (gotta love a guy who throws himself into a role and also speaks French-did anyone see his turn on Castle?) Looking forward to the new season and seeing how things play out!

Comment by E – September 18, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Juliette and Nick do not click as a couple, therte is no connection between the two as there is with Munroe and Rosalee.

Comment by Liz – October 24, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of don’t want them to marry. Can’t they just be together like adults without the faux-event wedding?

Comment by atruekarmalife (@atruekarmalife) – July 11, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh how delightful!!

Comment by liz – July 11, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope Juliet finally finds out about Nick being a Grimm and all the monsters because that whole storyline had gone on too long and it’s getting so old and I don’t understand why they want to keep it from her so badly. I think just telling her would keep her more safe because then if a monster tries to come after her, she knows what she’s dealing with and maybe how to defend herself. Maybe she can use her knowledge as a vet to help identiy new creatures and stuff.

Comment by Jillian – July 12, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jillian, I’m guessing that you missed the last few episodes of season 2, because Juliet finally remembered Nick telling her that he’s a grimm and Monroe, Rosalee and Bud all showed her their Wessen forms. Plus, she and Nick once again talked about him being a Grimm.

Comment by Taylor – July 12, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sooooo excited that rosalee and monroe are getting married. This is soooo cool (:

Comment by sara – July 12, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Wedding story line is going to be great, it’s going to be a Lot of fun, I did miss Hank while he was gone, Wu needs a little exposure, and I think the Captain is going to show up to help Nick,but in the meantime,Nick is going to be one pissed off Grimm, I can’t wait for the show to return, I hope all the actors are having a great Summer!

Comment by Louis Tulini – July 12, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost forgot! I think Bud is a Great addition, the way he talks and acts,all nervous and jumpy is a riot, every time he’s in a scene and starts talking I start laughing, Him and Monroe together are like Abbot and Costello!

Comment by Louis Tulini – July 12, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly!!! :) I love Monroe, and Bud has a great character!

Comment by Mel A. – July 13, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be fun to see an episode (or a goodly part of one) where Monroe and Bud are featured working together to help Nick/thwart the bad guys (of whom there are so many)!

Comment by IvyKllr – August 5, 2013 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go Bud, let us see more of him

Comment by Liz – October 24, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What do we wear to this Type of wedding? Monroe is the show. Thanks for filming the show in America. Love all the Great locations in and around Portland.

Comment by Edwina Foreman – July 13, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love “Grimm” so much! It’s a show that is so unique to tv!!!! I do hope though that Nick will remain a good guy after being “zombified”! Congrats to Monroe and Rosalee!!!!!! <3

Comment by Patrica – July 13, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo! Monroe should not marry Rosalee. She’s annoying! He should marry ME!

Comment by S Griffin – July 13, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I noticed Hank was gone. I believe he tore his Achilles’ tendon and probably had surgery. Also that little hidey hole where Rosalie put the key is like her homemade safe. It’s nothing nefarious. I really love this show because it is so unique. And I sure wish I could go to comic-con and see them on July 20. Can’t wait for the new season either.

Comment by Patrice – July 13, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Monroe. I think the actors that play Monroe and Nick work wonderfully together. THank is superfluous in my opinion. Same with Juliet.

Comment by R. J. – July 13, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this to be considered a mixed marriage? Wolves and foxes don’t usually mate. I’m sure there will be fallout over this one.

Comment by Debi – July 13, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not the first ‘mixed’ Wesen marriage we’ve seen on Grimm. There was, for instance, the Seltenvogel and her abusive Klaustreich husband in “The Thing With Feathers.”

Comment by Dreamrose – July 16, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A Wesen Romeo & Juliet and think of the adorable cubs errr children they’ll have.

Comment by deb – October 16, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i suspect that their wedding is not going to go as planned ;)

Comment by Chloe – July 13, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want to know who adalines baby really belongs too great show may it not get cancelled

Comment by Ruth Thomas – July 13, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just get the show on the road already!!!!! I miss Grimm!!!!!!

Comment by Dawn – July 14, 2013 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monroe and Rosalee are made for each other. I love this show and all the characters, but Monroe makes the show! A wedding should lightenup the show a little bit( but I do love the drama!)

Comment by jspattzfan – July 14, 2013 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the Captain (Sasha Roiz) getting some payback with his thoroughly obnoxious brother.

Comment by SA Gould – July 14, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and all of the characters, but couldn’t care less about Monroe and Rosalee getting married. I don’t like her character & think their relationship takes away from the real premise of the show.

Comment by wildwoodflower – July 14, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What utter rubbish Munroe and Rosalee alomg with with Nick make this show watchable.

Comment by Liz – October 24, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Dr. Harper (Susan Sach’s character), the medical pathologist, going to be initiated into the the Wesen world? With all the weird autopsies on her table you’d think she’d have many questions.. or is she, too, Wesen??

Comment by Tylice – July 15, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch the show for Monroe and Rosalee. They should be the real stars. They are fantastic.

Comment by tvdiva – July 16, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone ever wonder if Juliette on Grimm is wesen and doesn’t know or maybe her role turns out to have more sinister roots than loving ones? I’ve always thought the perfect angel is a devil and sometimes, even in her most “innocent” or “concerned” scenes, she kind of scares me like not knowing whether or not a clown is smiling at you in fun or anger just waiting to rage out.
    Chris

Comment by chris – July 30, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Silas Weir Mitchell deserves second billing. I get that when the show started, Hank was meant to be the main sidekick but Monroe definitely fits the bill. Monroe is a much loved character and would be missed more than Hank-sorry. TPTB need to recognize that and when the credits roll, we need to see at the end ‘and Silas Weir Mitchell.”

Next point-I don’t like all this stuff where humans besides Nick seeing wesen. It’s stupid! The whole point is that he is special and has this gift that ordinary humans don’t have. How is it possible for Hank and Juliette to suddenly be able to see them as well? That part is going too far. I also don’t think Juliette should know that Nick is a Grimm-erase that out of her memory and keep us in suspense wondering if she’ll find out. I feel like too much is being exposed and where’s the mystery? Hank shouldn’t know, either. I feel the show is messing up with that.

Finally, I’d like for us to see what the wesen see when they look at Nick-that moment they realize he’s a Grimm. I picture his head looking like a flaming skull or something like that (skull-like, maybe with a hood)..sort of like an angel of death coming for them. Also, I don’t like the way the Captain looks when he changes into whatever he is. I’d like him to look more reptilian. So when he changes, he should look like a big snake or lizard; something like that.

Oh-and I don’t like the marriage idea with Monroe and Rosalee. They can stay in a relationship but a marriage will spoil things…unless there is major conflict with the families as suggested. That might be pretty interesting…maybe they’ll bring in some new characters. I think John Turtorro would be great as his dad, but maybe he’s not old enough (approx. 12 years older) but that hasn’t stopped casting agents before. Hmmm…maybe the marriage idea isn’t so bad after all.

Can’t wait for my Grimm…why can’t October hurry up and come? Why so late-didn’t it start back up in August last year???

Comment by Bermudagirl – August 15, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe you need to rewatch Grimm up to this point, but all of the woge-ing has been explained. Nick can see them woge when they become too emotional about something. They can also woge just their eyes or faces (partial woge) or full on woge. Monroe explains to Nick at one point the differences between Grimm’s seeing Wesen and normal humans seeing them. You arguing it is stupid is invalid, or did you miss the episode “Natural Born Wesen” (S2, E14) about the Wesen code of honor being broken? Yes, there was an ENTIRE episode where fully woged Wesen were all over the media! Whether or not a normal human can see Wesen is entirely up to that Wesen and it isn’t a common thing for their PROTECTION, but they know that Hank and Juliette want to help them, it is also why you see Hank asking so often if someone is Wesen, because he doesn’t generally see it when Nick does. As for Wesen realizing Nick is a Grimm it SEEMS to be more of a sense thing when they woge, like a survival thing rather than something they see.

Again, you seem to have missed that Capt. Renard is half Hexenbeist and that is why he has the appearance that he has…that of…a HEXENBEIST.

For the wedding obviously there will be some conflict among the families, the question is if that overrides the conflict of so many Wesen being invited who aren’t going to be okay with Nick being a Grimm…and who isn’t going to notice that at a wedding.

Comment by Shalomar – September 20, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What has become of “Mom” ? – she was incredible

Comment by Gordon – August 20, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • adalind needs to go

Comment by pete – September 29, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show. Only 3 Words to consider: NAKED HAIRY WEDDING!
    Right?!?!?!?!??!!!!!

Comment by Ang – November 14, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone notice how Juliette’s part is now number two and Monroe has very little air time. I think it is ridiculous having her so involved in the show. If she wants her own storyline, give it to her but she should keep her nose out of Nick’s police work. It is ridiculous. I want to see more of Monroe.

Comment by E. Williams – December 7, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do like that Juliet is more involved, but then again, I miss the Monroe/Nick friendship. I laughed when Rosalee assumed it was Nick at the door late at night. Of course they could always pit the Rosalee vrs Nick in the relationships with Monroe. She’s pretty strait laced when it comes to reporting to the Council. This could cause problems between the two of them.

Comment by Debi Cole – December 7, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Je serais trop contente qu’ils se marient! Dans l’épisode “story we tell em young” ils expliquent que si ils sont dans une situation comme Monroe et Rosalee, c’est le gène le plus fort qui l’emportera ou quelque chose comme çà.
    Sinon je trouve que c’est bien que Hank et Juliette sachent la vérité! Hank parce que c’est plus facile pour Nick de ne pas avoir à expliquer des choses étranges tout seul, et Juliette parce que c’est un soutien pour Nick au quotidien, et que si ils font des enfants ensemble il est important qu’elle sache que ses enfants seront potentiellement des Grimm.

Comment by baguera971-34 – January 8, 2014 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post