Exclusive First Look: The Killing's Linden Attempts to Outsmart Her Captor — Will It Work?

Get More: Exclusive, Video

If only chunky knit sweaters offered some sort of protective power.

This Sunday’s The Killing (AMC, 9/8c) picks up with Linden at the mercy of presumed kid killer Pastor Mark Mike — and we have your exclusive first look at her desperate attempt to get the better of her captor.

RELATED | The Killing Recap: “People Only See What They Want to See Anyway”

Using her detective skills, a clearly terrified Linden begins to empathize with Mike, who temporarily drops the knife from her throat. He, however, is much too clever for such mind games and immediately makes it known that Holder’s better half isn’t getting out of this situation… alive.

Press PLAY below to watch the clip, then hit the comments with your latest theories: Is Mike is right guy for these crimes?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (12)

• This is one of the best police series I’ve ever seen

Comment by agnes – July 10, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It has it’s flaws like any cop drama, but it’s tone is dark and the actors are wonderful

Comment by DonDraperSaysWhat – July 10, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The third season is definitely the charm! I’ve loved every episode so far.

Comment by Diane – July 10, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this series. The actors are AMAZING. And this kid who plays Bullet, definitely deserves an award nod.

Comment by adeline – July 10, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Linden will definitely outsmart Pastor Mike. I figured the story would lead us to the Pastor as the possible killer. From what I’ve seen, he fits the crimes but is it what I’m suppose to assume? I hope he isn’t another red herring, the show loves them. If it is, it will be disappointing. Then again, I’m starting to think the killer is a cop.

Comment by what! – July 10, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has been sooooooo good this season.

Comment by Simon Jester – July 10, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elias koteas is given third billing in the credits but I don’t recognize him. (According to IMDb, he’s only in about half the episodes.) Who is this “James Skinner” he’s playing?

Comment by RockGolf (@rock_golf) – July 10, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Skinner is Linden and Holder’s boss.

Comment by Simon Jester – July 10, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Skinner will turn out to be the killer!

Comment by Prcarp – July 11, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • can’t wait to see this ep. linden is going to escape or he’s gonna let her go it’s one or the other.

Comment by AshleyRae – July 12, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems a little early to be revealing the killer. I’m wondering if he’s not the actual killer but involved in the murders somehow, some kind of accomplice.

Comment by TD – July 13, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post