NCIS Scoop: Cote de Pablo to Exit This Fall, Producers Promise 'Appropriate Closure' for Ziva

Cote de Pablo Leaving NCIS Cote de Pablo is invoking Gibbs’ Rule No. 11 — “When the job is done, walk away” — and has decided to leave CBS’ NCIS.

The actress, whose contract expired at the end of Season 10, will appear at the start of Season 11 (premiering Sept. 24) to conclude Ziva’s story.

RELATED | Fall TV: Get Premiere Dates for NCIS, NCIS: LA and Other CBS Shows

“I’ve had eight great years with NCIS and Ziva David,” the actress shares. “I have huge respect and affection for Mark [Harmon], Gary [Glasberg], Michael [Weatherly], David [McCallum], Rocky [Carroll], Pauley [Perrette], Brian [Dietzen], Sean [Murray], all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.”

In a statement, CBS said, “We respect Cote’s decision, thank her for being an important part of the NCIS team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the NCIS audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva’s story.”

RELATED | NCIS Exclusive: First Details From Show’s WTF?! Season Premiere

News of De Pablo’s departure comes at the proverbial 11th hour, since NCIS is due to resume production next week. Her future with the show has been conspicuously in question since the spring, when her character of Ziva was steered into a dangerous mission of vengeance, at one point winding up in a (seemingly) brutal car crash.

After emerging from that episode-ending cliffhanger surprisingly unscathed, by season’s end Ziva and others had resigned from NCIS — and then the season ended with a four-month time jump, the disenfranchised agents thus far unaccounted for.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Show boss Gary Glasberg maintained back in April, when de Pablo stood as the only cast member unsigned for Season 11, “I’m confident that things will work out, and we’ll present the best finale that we can and go from there.”

Are you bummed that Ziva and de Pablo are outta there?

1. hannah says:

I know I’m in the minority here, but Ziva is actually my least favorite character. I could take her or leave her, it doesn’t really matter to me. And I’ve never gotten the appeal of Tiva. Although I do get the sentiment of not wanting to watch after she leaves. If she is your whole reason for watching then why would you want to continue? Anyway, I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.

2. PJ Ortiz says:

They can make a storyline like this: Vance asks Ziva about an opportunity to be a lead senior agent and to have her own team at another naval base (say, in Paris, or Naples or Rota- you just pick one) and she accepts on the basis of moving on in her life. Her replacement could be a new agent or another agent from another naval base or an agent afloat (whichever one). Even perhaps, could be someone from another agency, say fbi or nsa. Or perhaps one of the agents from the NCIS Red team (of course not the one who played Tony’s former partner in a season 8 episode….that would be “incongruently”). That way, Ziva has the chance to make some occational appearances.

3. Jeff says:

I hate to see Cote leave and whatever story line they come up will be rushed and awkward. I hope there is a creative way she can go away rather than killing her off. That has been the only solution for these writers for most characters. I hated when they killed off Mike Franks. With Cote gone there would have been options to bring him back rather than as a ghost in dreams etc. Hopefully a new character will emerge but do not bring back EJ, or the Doc.

4. Hannah says:

Ich finde es einfach nur extrem bescheuert. Angekündigt war ” the Year of tiva” mag ja stimmen, aber in der Form hätte ich es jetzt nicht gedacht. Die Folgen ohne Ziva müssten jetzt schon überragend gut sein, um von dem Verlust abzusehen. Und ebenso gut müsste der Ersatz von Ziva sein. Wenn es einen gibt. Ich fände es aber definitiv nicht angemessen, wenn es zwischen Tony und dem “Ersatz” genauso funken und knistern würde, wie mit Ziva Zusammenfassend ist ein großes Hauptinterresse für mich und sicher auch für viele andere mit Cote aka Ziva aus der Serie verschwunden.

5. Andrea says:

Cote wants to be out so let her OUT! hahaha. Maybe she’s also tired of playing the same character every single day and she wants to do something else or be someone else. I think that she’s brilliant at want she do and a lot of new projects will come her way. And in the real life, things don’t happen the way we expect it to be. Just like the budding relationship of ZIVA and TONY (TIVA), we want them to be together but—- There’s no happy ending in this show! hahaha. Bones and Booth forever! ahaha. sorry TIVA fans!

6. michele augusto says:

Just aweful….I have watched this show since day one and thought this was the best checmistry..I so had hopes for her and tony for finally hook up..they are true love…oh well as long as Abby never leaves …I cana just imagine her grand finale…Does anyone know what she will be doing…really like her…good. luck. Ziva…

7. Lisa Freeman says:

So sad Ziva is leaving the show. I thing the proper ending for her is a walk down the isle with Tony, then we can pretend she has to go work with another team and she will be mentioned often and with love. They have killed toooooo many woman on the show in 10 years. I love Ziva and Tony. Let them get married, let Gibbs walk her down the isle and leave us with our dreams of happily ever after. And talk of a little Tony with a guest appearance from Ziva would be great. Let Ziva leave us in happiness not dead. Thank you.

8. C.K. says:

Maybe Ziva will be written out by having her step into her Father’s role and then show up periodically for guest appearances . I hate to see her leave.

• Marissa says:

She’s a US citizen now. A US Citizen renounces her citizenship elsewhere. The Israelis won’t be impressed.

9. Gloria says:

Aside from the loss of a regular character like Ziva (too bad, I liked her a lot), Cote leaving now may be a good thing for the story.

Think about it: Tony and Ziva could not be a couple AND work togheter at the same time because agency’s rules, and especially Gibbs’ rule n.12, said it wasn’t possible. The writers haven’t let them become a couple because they would have had to deal with the splitting of the team, find new roles for Tony and/or Ziva, and maybe trow out of the show one the characters (with all the problems arising from firing an actor).

This way, if the writers want to, they can make Tony and Ziva a couple without any major changes. They can use the 2/3 episodes with Cote to have them married off, move Ziva to another team, get her pregnant, then ask Cote to make some guest appearance as needed.
    This storyline would explain Ziva’s absence, would satisfy the shippers without putting off the viewers that don’t care about romance, and would also let Tony evolve as a man / husband / father instead of going back to being a lonesome bachelor or settling with the first woman that passes by.

• Alisa Neely says:

michael weatherly is GREATLY against the pairing of TIVA…..no matter what he is MADE to say in some interviews…..his TRUE feelings on it, has NEVER changed…..ziva doesn’t RESPECT tony as either an agent or a man…..she has called him “DEAD WEIGHT” in the past……THREW him while injured to the ground and SHOVED her LOADED gun into his chest…..and pretty much, WISHED HIM DEAD……and asked gibbs to CHOOSE between them….WHY would ANY tony fan WANT them together, KNOWING that?….i’ll NEVER understand…..imo, ONLY tony HATERS would want such things.

alisa

10. Sue says:

When Sasha Alexander left the show and was replaced by Cote de Pablo, I was completely unimpressed. I didn’t think Cote could act, and I didn’t like the chemistry with Michael Weatherly.

Over the years I have come to really appreciate the story lines that have resulted from her being the daughter of the head of Mossad. Some of my favorite season enders have directly resulted from this. (Think “Truth or Consequences”.) I have also appreciated Ziva’s physicality. It makes me laugh that in a bar fight or a take down Tony can just step back and let her take care of business.

I think we have to trust that Gary Glasberg and crew will bring in the right person with an eye to story lines to carry us another two seasons. Since that is how long Mark Harmon’s most recent contract was for I don’t know that we can expect any more from this long-running series than that. The writers and producers have given us more than ten years of high quality television now and I don’t see them losing their grasp on that.

I don’t think Ziva will be killed off. I think she will return to Israel, perhaps asked to by the new head of Mossad. I think Tony will, over the next two years, develop a relationship that will lead to marriage. I think McGee will also develop a love relationship, and not wind up with Abby. I think Jamie Lee Curtis will return (unfortunately, because I don’t think this is a good role for her) but she won’t be around for longer than it takes to complete her story arc.

Check back with me in two years and we’ll see if I’m right!!

11. Kathe says:

I, too, have watched the show since the beginning. I do feel as if I truly know these people, but I know NCIS is a tv show; I’m not nuts. However, it is time for the characters to get their acts together, even if it means the show has to end. Gibbs has been a bitter, cold-as-ice pain since day one. Get over it, Gibbs. They are gone. You don’t seem to have trouble shacking up when you get the urge; how convenient. Also, you’re my age and I know I can’t maintain your ridiculous lifestyle anymore. Sleep is a good thing…..It is time for you to go into administration or retire. Also, you need to acquire some social skills and good manners. You’re such an oaf! And get a decent hair cut. I’ve often wondered how the educated, experienced women the writers have given Gibbs could stand his lack of knowledge and sophistication.
    Tony has managed to grow despite the writers. Why do they keep stopping him from getting into a meaningful relationship? Jeanne doesn’t count; her whole deal was a work-related setup. He truly loves Ziva and she loves him. Would the show have died if they had gotten together? Michael is a wonderful actor. His character deserves more depth.
    McGee needs to grow a pair and become a true, capable agent. From day one he has let people treat him like garbage. Have you ever noticed that the few times McGee has gotten the best of Tony Gibbs has shot him down? What’s up with that?
    At Abby’s age it is time to stop the “cutie-pie me; I’m Gibb’s favorite” role. She’s a forensic scientist, for God’s sake. How about a real private life for Abby? What about McGee? They love each other; what’s the problem.
    I feel bad that Ducky is so lonely. What ever happened to that doctor? I think her name was Jordan. By the way, Nina Foch was a real hoot; I miss her character.
    As for everybody else, Jimmy, at least, has been allowed to grow, mature, and prosper. However, Vance needs to go. I never liked that character. The writers keep hinting that he has deep, dark secrets but they have exposed very little. That whole early-career thing with Ziva’s father was ridiculous.
    I agree that I hope the writers don’t kill Ziva off. She has been such a substantial character, I hate to see her go. I hope she makes guest appearances in the future. I remember that I was devastated when Kate died, but Ziva was a wonderful replacement. I’m devastated again, but I hope I will end up pleasantly surprised.
    I realize I have been very critical of NCIS. I really love the show and I hope it continues successfully for a long time.

12. Norko says:

Not sure I’ll be coming back for season 11… seriously- after they decided to get rid of Lauren Holly for no good reason- took a while to want to watch again… but now- seriously- between the season ender (lame & overdone on TV shows) and this- why bother?

13. Karen says:

I will miss the chemistry between Tony and Ziva, he just is never in the right place at the right time. He is just the batchelor who has no clue, but has matured. After all, he did tell Ziva that he loved her. The idea of relocating cast members brom NCIS and NCIS:Los Angeles is AWESOME

14. I am going to miss seeing Cote de Pablo play Ziva…..she was so amazing and you could see Ziva’s growth from a Mossad assassin w/ very little emotion to NCIS agent who felt everything. When they tried to turn Ziva back into that after her Abba’s death, that was the wrong thing to do, even if it made for better storylines. As for the amazing chemistry between Tony and Ziva, this was and is one for the ages and I hate that we won’t get to see the payoff of what could have been an amazing personal/professional relationship. Without Ziva, the show will feel like it’s missing something and I honestly don’t see how they can survive this loss. I wish Cote all the happiness in the world and success for future endeavors.

Thank you, Matt for always bringing NCIS scoops for us.

• Alisa Neely says:

WHAT GROWTH to her character?….she’s NEVER been a TEAM PLAYER and NEVER WILL….she still doesn’t know, HOW to follow ORDERS given to her by her CO’s….weither it was gibbs or tony…..who away from gibbs IS the BOSS….being he IS the SFA…..she still LIED to cover her own butt…..she didn’t care about ANYONE, but herself…..tptb told us 1 thing, and showed us something else…..they HAD to dumb down others, to make her look BETTER then what she was…..and YES, i am talking about tony……however, we rarely saw tony with others…..the other characters seemed to get pushed to the background, to GIVE her more airtime…..i’m NOT sorry, to see her GONE…..it should have happened awhile ago, to be honest.

alisa

15. Ziva will be missed. Really good chemistry between her and Tony. Not sure how they are going to “kill her off” but it will be a sad day for NCIS.

16. Denny says:

It does my heart good to see Ziva leaving. She was a poor attempt to try to fill Kate place on the show. Kate was beautiful, with a great, curvaceous figure. Ziva had the body of a man .She had a very wide, flat bottom, and very flat chest. The show was better when it had two sexy ladies instead of having Abby carry all the weight..

• Marissa says:

Lovely to see you looking at the character as nothing more than a sexual object, Denny. Clearly that is what NCIS is all about.

• Richard says:

Abby Sexy, and Ziva looks like a man? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THAT is funny right there. Ziva is the hottest thing on that show!

• Marissa says:

It’s so sad to see men reducing women to bodies and looks. How about talking about her acting and not her hot factor?

• Alisa Neely says:

i have to AGREE…..we’ve seen BOTH mark and micheal to summer break work since NCIS came on the air….what has cote done, that EVERYONE could have seen during breaks?….imo, she’s boring.

• Christopher K says:

Ok,obviously Denny needs glasses-Ziva is Georgeous and way better than Kate ever was on the show and better looking than Kate..however,glad Kate got killed off(her wishes) because that is where she now has a home at Rizzoli and Isles.and she is perfect for that show..besides,its always been known that NCIS was temporary and that it was a stepping stone so that Kate (aka Sasha Alexander) knew she got that role before her decision to leave NCIS…she knew she couldnt handle both shows so she chose where she wanted to go.She is Now Home.

• Alisa Neely says:

sorry, but i don’t find ziva sexy or hott…..and imo, she tries too hard…..she seems only have a few looks on her face….and KNOWN imo, is hott…..she’s boring as HELL….i’ve seen HOTTER women on tv…..in fact, nadia bjorlin comes to mind….she had a guest shot on ncis….she was 1 of the people tony talked to, when he was getting voice recordings….you know; the 1 where ziva and tim turned OFF their end of coms.

17. Dottie says:

This really shocks me. I LOVE NCIS and Ziva is my favorite character. I love her and Tony’s relationship. I have been a faithful fan from the beginning. I sure hope these new characters gel and the new story line is equal to all the other episodes beginning with episode 1. I really will MISS you Ziva. You have given me some wonderful memories of NCIS. I wish you luck in your new endevors.

18. TVDIVA says:

I can understand Cote de Pablo’s desire to move on. She has played the exact same character with a “will they or won’t they” romantic tease with a co-worker, and nothing will ever come of it. Just as when Sasha Alexander’s decision to leave made room for Cote to get a role on this show, this makes room for someone new to appear to shake up the dynamic of the team. I do think Director Vance needs some new challenges or needs to move on. They are not giving him enough to do since he and Gibbs get along so well now. There is still many good years left in this cash cow if the showrunners would stop playing it safe and introduce some new blood and shake things up a bit.

19. MaxFillbert says:

I love NCIS and Ziva’s character will be missed. I’m 64 and still remember when Misses Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) left the Avengers in 1966. I was devastated and never watched the show again because the new girl, Tara King , didn’t have the same chemistry with Steed. I just hope they don’t kill Ziva off a la Kate. I’d prefer she gets on the elavator with a last look back. Emma just got in a car, looked back and drove away.Mercy!

20. James Patrick Mauzey says:

I can’t believe that Ziva is going isn’t going to be NCIS anymore she and Tony are the reason I watch the show. They are my favorites on the show liked the will they be a couple or won’t they it is what me hooked to watch to find out it worked on Bones between Brennan and Booth the show is fine. I hope this is a joke but why leave when your show is number one on TV that usually makes people stay not leave. If this not a joke I don’t think I will watch it anymore ZIVA was and her story why I was watching and the whole Tiva thing too I hope Cote changes her mind and sign a new contract the show works with the whole team as a whole the way it is.

21. Hattie says:

Big mistake CBS. I think they’ve underestimated Ziva’s popularity. I think NCIS is reaching its end. It’s an aging show already, coming off a weak season, and now they are cutting a popular character?!? Very risky. I think it’s the end of NCIS. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving network, though.

• Marissa says:

The actress chose to leave. Unless you have insider information, it may not be CBs’ “mistake”

• Alisa Neely says:

oh PLEASE…..if it had been mark harmon who was leaving, i MIGHT agree….however, cote does NOT have the number of shows under her belt that he and 2 of his male co-stars have….and i think, cote has gotten a BIG HEAD over the last several seasons to actually BELIEVE, she was in their league.

22. ami says:

MAJOR QUESTION :WHY IS SHE LEAVING??? i think cbs may be at fault because she said she looked forward to the next season and news of her leaving is just a week before filming?? somethings not right….

• Christopher K says:

because cbs doesnt want to pay her what she is worth…Mark Harmon gets 500,000 an episode while cote is lucky to get 250,000…all she wants is equal pay conidering she does equal work ..i myself would give her equal pay to keep her on the show,now it will lose ratings for i for one will stop watching it

• When she’s got 40 years of experience and a bunch of successful series under her belt then MAYBE she’ll be worth that pay scale. As it stands she’s paid more now than she’s worth. She turned down more money than most of us will *ever* see in our lives. Obviously she thinks she can do better elsewhere. Stop trying to find conspiracies – it’s just her job, not her life.

• Christopher K says:

to me she is worth that pay scale and this is exactly why she refuses to resign..dont believe i dont care,i myself just am not watching the show anymore.they will be cancelled within 2 more years….there are alot of faithful Ziva fan out there.but your welcome to believe what you wish

• Marissa says:

How is she worth more than Michael, who does 50% of the promo.She’s done one ET and one Extra appearance all year.

• Andrea says:

The first female TV actress that I can think of that I think could command Mark Harmon money is Julianna Margulies, especially after The Good Wife finishes its run. JM’s got Emmys for ER and TGW, people still talk about Doug and Carol, and both ER and TGW have serious TV cred. (Hello, Matthew Perry is on The Good Wife with one phone call from JM.) In my opinion, Cote is quite a few years and a few projects away from being in the Mark Harmon-level money conversation.

• Andrea says:

I don’t understand this notion of supposed “equality” on NCIS. There isn’t equality, and frankly, I’m OK with that since it has never seemed to be a secret during the entire history of the show. Everyone who has signed contracts (no matter what specific individual incentives might be) has known the score since they’ve signed on because I’ve heard it repeatedly stated over and over again. Michael even referred to it as “Mark Harmon’s sandbox” that they were all playing in.

All of the cast members are intelligent people. If Cote didn’t want to be in an environment where those terms were in play, then of course, she is well within her right to move on, but Cote is not equal to Mark Harmon. She’s just not. Her career may one day match Michael’s, but it’s not there yet. He’s done soaps, been a lead on Dark Angel, and has two more years on NCIS than she does, so I wouldn’t consider them equal either. She’s also not equal to David. She very well may be equal (or at least comparable) to Pauley and Sean in terms of career, but contracts have all sorts of individual stipulations and incentives, so that’s difficult to measure.

NCIS appears to be an ensemble, but it never has been and never will be. Yet that fact still seems to surprise viewers. Each person has had to decide if the scenario will continue to work for them. Cote has made the decision that it now doesn’t work for her. Sean, Pauley, and Michael will have to again make that decision next year, but I think if viewers believe that decision has anything to do with equality, they will continue to be disappointed.

• Marissa says:

David had the tv equivalent of Beatlemania a decade before Cote and Sean, and years before Michael and Pauley were even born. Mark was probably a pimply-faced teen when David needed security to go anywhere.

• Kathe says:

I completely agree. I’ve always loved David McCallum and I would have to think hard to continue watching NCIS if Ducky ever leaves.

• Andrea says:

Marissa, Beatlemania was before my time. (I’m in Michael Weatherly’s age bracket.) My mother (who hates NCIS with the power of a thousand suns) will talk fondly about David’s popularity early in his career, but I have no frame of reference to gauge it. Are we talking New Kids popular? Michael Jackson popular? Cheers or The Cosby Show popular?

• tejasjulia says:

There has been nothing compared to the fannish crazes of the sixties since then.

• Marissa says:

It was before mine, too, but from what I’ve read and seen, David going out with like Michael Jackson going out, or Princess Di when she was first married.

• Andrea says:

Thanks for the David info, tejasjulia and Marissa. David hanging out with Princess Di. Cool. Wonder what he thought of Michael Jackson?

• Marissa says:

Mark is upper management on the NCIS show team. None of the non producer cast will ever approach what he makes.

• Marissa says:

Lucky to get?? If Cote is making 250K it puts her SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND above Michael, and the rest of the cast makes less than he does. She doesn’t do equal work. When did you ever see Executive Producer Cote in the credits?

• Alisa Neely says:

i agree….when have EVER seen her DIRECT and eppy?….michael has DONE it TWICE, since he’s been on the show…..and i’m SURE, he’s been paid EXTRA for doing so…..and NO WAY, should cote be getting MORE then michael or even pauley……imo, she isn’t as BIG of name as michael, mark or david…..ESPECIALLY, mark and david.

• Marissa says:

Union scale demands an actor be paid as a director if he directs the episode, I believe. The SAG and Director Guilds are very strict.

• Alisa Neely says:

she DOESN’T deserve EQUAL PAY to mark harmon…..for 1, he is 1 of the BOSSES of the show…..2; she doesn’t have the STAR PULL that mark, michael and david have…..who has been in the business FAR LONGER then her…..HELL sean has been regular LONGER then her…..and even thinking that she deserves EQUAL PAY is laughable.

• Marissa says:

Why is it any of the fandom’s business? Unless you hold stock in a company, people’s career moves are none of our business.

• Andrea says:

I think the point of this decision is moving toward the topic of “worth,” and it’s not just about Cote herself. Posters have mentioned what she’s “worth,” and I think other posters are bringing up the point that worth is determined by more than the number of lines an actor says, how many scenes he or she is in, or if a character has had a particularly blockbuster storyline.

Worth is also determined by things like the time one has been on a series, his or her career past and present, and the amount of publicity/DVD commentaries/etc. one does.

In Cote’s example, when it comes to on-screen work on NCIS, yes, she is equal (or above in the case of Pauley and David) to everyone. However, with the exception of Sean and Brian, everyone also has something else in addition to screen-time that is more than what Cote does (be it time, career longevity, publicity or some combination thereof.) If the others do or have done more than she has in those other areas, they are going to be worth (and likely be paid) more than she because they are doing (or have done) more than she has.

23. Richard says:

It is going to really SUCK without Ziva on NCIS, she is the main reason I never miss an episode. Now with her leaving if I watch it I do, and if I don’t I don’t. It will no longer be a have to deal. I hated Kate and didn’t mind seeing her take a bullet to the head, but Ziva I will surely miss. I wonder if she will become the director of Mossad?? Cote de Pablo I can say I am one of millions of NCIS fans who wiah you the best of luck, you will be truly missed!!!

Oh and for people wanting to bring NCIS:LA Characters to NCIS PLEASE NO!!!! that show sucks at best.

24. marty says:

personally I have been a fan of NCIS for some time and look forward every week to seeing the show and cote de pablo. I feel that her decision to leave will probably be detrimental to the continuation of the NCIS program. I just don’t see how they can continue without such a vibrant and interesting individual in the show.As I am sure a lot of the previous posters will disagree I believe that in addition to Mark Harmon, Cote De Pablo it’s very vital to the program. I would like to wish her the best of luck however she needs to know that all her fans will miss her very much on the show and sincerity hope that she will change her mind and come back for season 11.

25. JoAnn Kimball says:

Hold on a second!!! If what I am hearing is true that De Pablo gets much less per episode than her male counterparts (excluding Harmon) and the dispute is over boy/girl dollar value, then know that as much as I love this show, I will find it hard to continue to watch after she leaves. While I think they all do a good job, I do not feel that McGee especially is worth one penny more than De Pablo and everyone’s salary should be predicated on quality. It should NEVER be a boy/girl thing. They are ALL in this together (NB: I do make an exception to Harmon as I truly feel he carries the show and definitely has more experience.)
    The show has had a long run and I would like to see it continue inspite of the fact that, occasionally, the storyline falters. But because the chemistry is good and there are those occasional episodes that just leave you breathless, I would like to see NCIS continue for another 10 years. All, however, must be treated fairly in the process. I hope stubbornness and greed are not the root cause of these latest events. I’m counting on CBS to “make it happen” so that the team (or, at least, the program) can stay in tact. And, let us not forget, there are times when change is good for all concerned.

• She’s been there less time. That will always put an employee behind the 8 ball salary wise unless they move up to a new position. That Employment 101.

• Marissa says:

As per one of the comments here, supposedly DePablo makes 75,000 more an episode than Weatherly, who has more lines, more scenes, more experience, and is 1st on the call sheet behind Harmon. DePablo was reported to be making 120 when Weatherly was making 125. Find a coworker in your office who has more seniority than you. Chances are even if they do the same job, their cost of living increases make them higher paid.

26. Sara says:

They should have stopped after 10 seasons. I love NCIS, but 10 seasons is a lot and there are not many things left to explore! It’s sad Cote’s leaving the show, but i saw it coming. She turns 33 this year and she’s not getting any younger. She wants kids, she said so herself, now would be the perfect time to built a family.
    Her character was the only thing that kept me intrested, I don’t think I’ll keep watching the show without her. I guess I won’t!
    They should shoot the 11th season, with Cote, and finish it all together. Of course they won’t because they get an awfull amount of money out of the show and NCIS will propably run until Marrk Harmon turns 100!! Sad!
    Cote did the right thing, she made the decision to go when people still love her and the show!

27. Janet E says:

Above all, NCIS is an ensemble piece, and it will survive. Just as M*A*S*H survived the loss of several key players over its run, NCIS will move forward with its core cast. I hope that, rather than having Ziva die, the writers choose to have her have an epiphany/breakdown (whatever you choose to call such an about face in Ziva). She could decide to return to Israel and work for peace and reconnect with her mother and the aunt and uncle she has referenced in past seasons.

28. Doug says:

730 posts! Seems like a lot!

29. BellisarioFan says:

Need a hot, smart, multilingual female lead with well established ties to Bellisario and Charles Floyd Johnson? Look no further than Catherine Bell! She could even play Sarah McKenzie (as John M Jackson reprised AJ Chegwiddon this past season), the retired JAG lawyer who became the crack Taliban investigator after 9/11. She becomes more than Tony can handle and Gibbs ultimate challenge. With her handle of the Farsi language she immediately brings storylines that NCIS has been missing. And I think we can all agree that Catherine Bell the Marine is FAR more compelling than any Army wife!

30. MoFo! why couldn’t you just let Tony and Ziva be together like most of us wanted or at least let them go their separate ways but NOOOO! Instead it was this “will they or won’t they” for so long that now you have screwed it up so much everything is ruined. And Cote de Pablo is the one that has to suffer and is now leaving the show. All b/c you idiots couldn’t make up your minds. DUMB DUMB DUMB. I liked Ziva and am very disappointed in how you did this. SHE HAD BETTER BE IN THE PREMIER so we can at least see her one last time to say goodbye and you had better not kill her like you did Kate. I swear if you kill her I will boycott the show! You already killed her entire family let Ziva go out in peace.

• Marissa says:

Why is Cote suffering? This is a role to her, just like every actor plays a role. Very few, if any, are as invested in any pairing or storyline as their fans are, and those who are don’t usually last long in Hollywood. Cote is an artist playing a role, That’s all. I don’t think she’s weeping in her cornflakes at the will they or won’t they of Tiva.

31. cherry says:

Cote turned down 120,000 dollars an episode and had no future plans. Saw it on one of those talk shows. I am a fan of ncis, but it became all about gibbs, tony and ziva. Need to start focusing on the other characters. Abby will be jealous, because has a girlfriend. Did anyone notice how tiva always picked on mcgee. They commented how they glued his face to the desk, what are they 5 yrs old. Here’s a thought, maybe they can bring gibbs dead wife and daughter back from the dead. When mcgee and ziva were found in the apartment building, does anyone think something could of happened between them?

32. sandra says:

i thought that i would be sad that cote de pablo is leaving ncis. it was because of her that i started watching ncis ,season 3 was the best of the 10. i am not sad because i have come to understand that most actors are not honest when they get on these talk shows and say how much they love the part they are playing,how everyone on set get along,a real team!until contract time! then they want the stars and the moon! i’m not hating! if i had to guess de pablo is leaving because of money! in the end it is always about the dollar,dollar bill! i wish her all the luck! will i watch ncis season 11? well i wasn’t really watching season 10!

33. bre says:

idk why they would get rid of ziva she makes the show “NCIS ” personally. to be honest i didnt like kate she was too boring but ziva is more actional and funny idk why they will let her go!! but oh well i dont think it will be the same without her if i dont the new girl im not watchin the show anymore !

• Marissa says:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it? The actress left. The show did not get rid of her.

• tejasjulia says:

Not only did de Pablo choose to leave. She chose to wait until the lat moment to do so, leaving the show to have to scramble to deal with the loss of her character. While it is her right to turn down a contract it would have been more professional to have made her decision sooner so as not to leave her former coworkers in the lurch. I wonder how many people she pissed off with this and how high up that goes.

• Alisa Neely says:

this is like when that actor that played “jason gideon” on criminal minds……suddenly deciding to LEAVE the show, without much notice…..it makes tptb/writers scramble to find a way to write the person out in a HURRY…..if it were do to death, then that is different….a person CAN’T help if they die suddenly.

• tejasjulia says:

Exactly. This is prima dona behavior nothing less. It really makes me wonder what other prima dona crap she has pulled. This stuff doesn’t come out of nowhere. Gotta wonder just what she was asking for. I’m guessing it was outrageous.

• tejasjulia says:

• Sue says:

I think the NCIS producers have known for some time that Cote was leaving the show. They only chose to announce it now, with work beginning next week on the new season. They didn’t want it to leak out, they wanted to be able to say the nice things they said about her. (Can you say SPIN?) I think in about three weeks we will hear that her replacement has already been hired. After all, they need time to re-set their story arcs and produce their scripts. That stuff doesn’t just happen overnight.

• tejasjulia says:

Contract negotiations don’t work that way. The company makes an offer. The individual accepts or makes a counter offer and so on. Once decisions are made they go public. There is no reason to keep it secret and every reason to move things along. They’re now going to have to start casting for a replacement. That can’t be done in secret. Face it, de Pablo screwed over the show, she screwed over her former coworkers and she screwed over Ziva fans. There’s no conspiracy.

• ziggy says:

As I recall, MW, SM and PP didn’t announce their contract renewals until this time last year. The producers and writers of the show probably knew this was coming but waited until the last minute to send out a press release before filming started. The truth is that we were not privy to the negotiations so let us not assume anything.

34. snazzy says:

I hope they don’t kill the character off like Kate and Jenny. I am hoping that Cote will make guest appearances in the future.

35. Renee says:

Well. Hopefully this change will be incentive for the writers to start writing again. The last two years it has felt like NCIS writers were just going through the motions. Perhaps they will start being creative again.

36. Gloria says:

My husband and I love this show, watch it all day on Sunday and any other time it is on and we love the entire cast, but Ziva is my husband’s star crush and he is devastated that she is leaving. It will be hard to replace her character.

37. NCIS observer says:

The OVERALL SUBSTANCE OF NCIS HAS DERAILED!! As an avid fan and listening to the Producers and Cast over the years describe NCIS as a CHARACTER DRIVEN SHOW and NOT a PROCEDURAL first and foremost, I am sensing they have lost sight of the integrity of what made NCIS UNIQUE to the ‘norm’ !?! NCIS stories are almost ‘HITCHCOCK’ like and ARE MOULDED around the LIVES AND DEVELOPMENT OF OUR BELOVED CHARACTERS (please take note of the CBS website Producer Blogs and listen to the DVD Commentaries of NCIS), Gibbs, Dinozzo, Ziva, McGee, Abbey, Ducky, Vance and of course Palmer. EACH EPISODE THROUGHOUT EACH SEASON carries a THEME AND SIGNIFICANCE TO EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER. The character of Ziva not returning is somewhat showing inconsistency and now a disjointed direction for NCIS and to all the characters :-( Perhaps NCIS has run its course as the characters who remain will become ‘stoic’ or become stale. If NCIS have chosen to GO PROCEDURAL, INSTEAD OF ITS ORIGIN OF CHARACTER DRIVEN, then pursue that avenue. THE NCIS Family need to find its way again and FOCUS ON WHERE AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THEMSELVES TO BE ;-) Good luck to all and I do wish all the cast and crew the best, they deserve more!!

38. Luiz Arnaldo P Cunha Jr says:

I am very sorry with the exit of Cote de Pablo of NCIS, after Mark Harmon is the more interesting personage. Brasil

39. Ange says:

I will certainly miss Ziva. They will have to find a (sort of) replacement. Please do not bring Jamie Lee Curtis back. She gives me the pip. It will be interesting to see how they retire Ziva. Don’t kill her . Let her depart and find a quiet life. She needs abreak. After a skunky fiance, CIA Ray. A demented half brother, a tough Dad who dies before reconciling with her, and an assain family friend I’d have a nervous breakdown.

40. Ich says:

She did well

41. White collar suits says:

I love cote de Pablo!!! I don’t want her to leave. This is as bad as leverage no longer being on.

I am not sure what I will adapt to the change. Not many roles for females and of ethnicity like hers. And she plays it so well.

Dang it. I wish this talk of her leaving would be just a bad rumor.

42. White collar suits says:

Please tell me that ziva has her own show.

If not tell me this is just a rumor and all of u are in on it……

43. Anonymous says:

Im sure the directors never see how we fans see this show. Tiva has been the life of this show. If she leaves the show i have no doubt the ratings would drop because everyone continued to watch NCIS is because of Tony and Ziva. And killing one of the major casts off is like killing the whole show. After 10 seasons and i was hoping i could see more of Tony and Ziva in season 11 to just be bummed by the news that she is leaving the show. Doesnt matter if they kill her or she leaves the show with a good name, it wont be the same without Cote.

• Marissa says:

“Everyone” doesn’t watch for Tony and Ziva. Nor do I think Tiva has been the life of the show.

• Andrea says:

We have no indication at this point that Ziva is going to be killed off. Killing and leaving are not the same thing. Ziva has also never been the whole show. Cote is perfectly capable (and hopefully financially comfortable) so that she is able to take her career in whatever direction she chooses. I’m sure the cast and crew of Glee would give their eyeteeth to be dealing with that right now. Onward toward Season 11 of NCIS I will go

44. kath says:

That’s it for NCIS for me too. There’s no one left I care enough about to watch regularly.

45. Tami says:

I always watch NCIS and I love everyone. I will miss Ziva a lot!!!!! I love the way the whole cast works together….Ziva you can’t leave, please re-think this

46. Kel says:

I am gonna be sad to see Ziva go. I watch the show every week to see the Tiva chemistry and it will no be the same with out her. I did not like the Kate years and don’t even really care for those episodes in syndication. This will be a sad loss. I just hope they do her justice and let her live with her departure not kill her off that would put and end to the show for me. The writers could do an off screen Tiva romance. That would be awesome and Cote could guest star from time to time.

47. nora says:

ziva no te vayas así no termines con tony que es poco para ti,temp. 10 volviste a ser la mujer fuerte y determinada
    sres. cbs a estas alturas no es justo que gane menos que otros personajes que no son centrales

48. debbie scott says:

Love NCIS now and I am sure in the future. I love the Gibbs as director idea. Love character changes and look forward to new season. Miss Mike Franks most of all the past characters and love every episode he appears in still. One of the best things about NCIS is Gibbs patriotism and respect shown to our armed forces. Medal of Honor recipients and all who serve. I love that about Gibbs. I love that about all Americans who show their respect to all who serve. It is a great thing to see every week and rare. Thanks for all the great shows. Thanks and goodbye to Ziva….Gibbs rules….great exi!

49. Amy Hills says:

Does not having a contract mean that Ziva can’t appear as a ‘recurring character’. Cote might have ruled this out, but if not there could be hope for the Tiva relatioship- afterall they wont be breaking rule 12 anymore…… I will still miss the on screen chemistry but love the other characters so much that I might just be able to stomach it. JUST DON’T KILL HER OFF!

50. Toniey says:

Bummed does not even begin o describe it!!!