TVLine Items: Paula Abdul Finally Gets to Dance, Dexter and Ray Donovan Ratings Rise and More!

Paula Abdul So You Think You Can Dance JudgePaula Abdul is finally getting her Dance on.

The former American Idol/X Factor judge will drop by So You Think You Can Dance this week, making her debut as a guest judge.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled Shows

“It’s the girl I’ve waited ten seasons for,” exec producer Nigel Lythgoe tweeted Monday. “@PaulaAbdul is joining us on #SYTYCD.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Ray Donovan on Sunday night became the first freshman drama in Showtime history to improve its ratings in Week 2, rising 15 percent to deliver 1.6 million total viewers. Dexter also grew, from its highest-rated premiere ever, to deliver 2.5 million viewers.

• BBC4 has unveiled a first look at Burton and Taylor, its upcoming biopic centering on Elizabeth Taylor (played by Helena Bonham Carter) and Richard Burton’s (Dominic West) 1983 Broadway production of Noel Coward’s Private Lives. Press PLAY below for a glimpse at the tumultuous twosome’s on-stage antics.

• WE tv has given the green light to SWV: Sisters With Voices, a reality series following the titular R&B group as they try to reclaim their ’90s fame.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Claudia says:

Showtime was on fire last night!

2. Spoiler Junkie says:

I have really enjoyed both the episodes of Ray Donovan. Lots of interesting characters, especially Terry (the brother with Parkinson) and plenty of intriguing story lines being set up

3. John says:

Awesome!

4. Aprilcot says:

YAY! I’ve so been waiting to see Paula on SYTYCD. Hopefully she gives better critiques when she’s knowledgeable about the subject at hand!

5. what! says:

Any news on Family Tree’s finale? It was great! Nina Conti gets my vote (I know it’s early and Jennifer Carpenter was great too!) for POTW! Hope there’s a S2.

6. Kim R says:

I see Dexter in the article so I’m going to comment on it here. :) Dr. Vogel is just creepy & last night it seemed so strange to me that I started thinking Deborah actually shot Dexter in the finale last year and this whole season will be something else. I know this is crazy but Dr. Vogel feels so out of place to me that it almost made sense. Last night. :)

7. Hope Ray Donovan gets renewed for a second season from Showtime (fingers crossed).

8. PFitzDC says:

Re: SYTYCD
    Let’s see if Paula offers anything insightful in the way of critiques…she never did on Idol or the X Factor, so my expectations are low. I certainly won’t expect her to be as thoughtful as Christina Applegate, but hopefully she’ll have something more salient to offer than Wayne Brady. What a dreadful disappointment HE was!

9. Jared says:

I know Showtime is sick that Dexter is ending with some of the highest ratings its ever had. Great season so far. I really hate to see it end even though it’s necessary at this point.

10. DarkDefender says:

How is True Blood doing against Dexter?

11. DavidSask says:

Time for STTYCD to have a funeral, the show is just not worthy for some time now and the guest judges are always horrid, as soon as Jesse Ferguson was back I peaced out forever. Fox need to stop all reality shows change image and focus on mini series and summer TV series content where ratings prove it is what public now wants!

• Midori says:

I agree. I loved the show since season 1 but this it’s a mess.

Now Jade is injured and Carlos isn’t coming back. That’s BS. Carlos should have been safe last week and Jade should have left. That would have sovled one issue.

The show is now about the judges and what they think will save the show from being canceled. It’s no longer about the dancing.

12. Kathy Grabowski says:

Paula Abdul adds nothing to So You Think You Can Dance. She is all about self-promotion.