Ratings: Big Brother Rises, Wife Swap Hits Low

BIG BROTHERThe truth shall set your ratings free…?

CBS’ Big Brother on Sunday night drew 6.3 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating, rebounding from consecutive all-time demo lows and rising 9 percent and two tenths week-to-week as it shed (some) light on certain houseguests’ offensive behavior.

RELATED | Big Brother ‘Outs’ Two Racist Houseguests to Viewers — Was It Enough?

Leading out of that, an Under the Dome encore added 4.1 mil and a 0.9 to its original haul.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Wife Swap (2.9 mil/0.9) slipped 9 percent and a tenth, hitting a series low in the demo, while Whodunnit? (3 mil/1.0) was steady.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Leading out of America’s Got Talent’s most watched/highest rated Sunday encore (4.1 mil/1.0) of the season, NBC’s Crossing Lines (2.9 mil/0.6) dropped 22 percent in total viewership while flat in the demo — barely matching the numbers of last night’s Castle repeat (3 mil/0.6).

1. AJ says:

I hope CBS addresses the comments made by houseguests during Julie Chen’s interview. When (because it is “when” not “if”) Aaryn gets kicked out, I want Julie to ask, “So Aaryn, your comments about blacks, gays, and Asians (which I am one if you couldn’t tell) have been broadcast all over the country. As a result, you have been fired from your job. Could you share with America your thoughts on this?”

2. wrstlgirl says:

I really want to like Crossing Lines but it is really boring. It just does not hold my attention at all. To bad because the previews looked really good :-(

• Marie says:

I really want to like Crossing Lines as well, but the only hook seems to be that they can cross borders. Woohoo. Other than that, the casting of the younger members of the team isn’t helping. They’re all pretty, but only the gadget/computer guy brings anything special. The rest of them are just blah and the whole story structure is blah.

• jestsaying says:

This is what american network tv always does- casts pretty yet untalented actors. Which is why you see so many brit imports playing americans on our tv. Because they actually receive training and value talent over looks. We have plenty of talented actors in this country who are overlooked because they don’t have a certain “look”. (Can you tell I’m one? LOL!)

3. A says:

Wow! so I knew that many of the contestants in the house were making offensive slurs but I never realized the scope of it. I’m glad CBS addressed Aryan’s and some of Gina’s remarks but I hope they don’t completely ignore Spencer, Jeremy and two-faced Amanda because while Aryan may be the ring leader, they are just as bad.
    Here’s a link to all of the offensive comments compiled: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3sIaYUxOLs&feature=youtu.be

4. Sheila says:

Makes me sad that the horrible behavior on Big Brother has made it more popular. What a world, what a world…

5. joseph says:

This is a great read for me personally. Must agree that you are one of many coolest tumblr I ever before saw. Many thanks for posting this valuable information. This was precisely what I was about looking for. I’ll come back to this site for sure!