Ratings: Talent Dips But Dominates Night, Betty White and Big Brother Hit Lows

America's Got Talent - Season 8NBC’s America’s Got Talent this Tuesday drew 9.3 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating, down 9 and 12 percent week-to-week to a season low yet dominating the night in both measures.

Leading into AGT, a fresh installment of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers (3.6 mil/0.8) dropped 10 and 20 percent, hitting an all-time demo low.

Elsewhere on the night:

* CBS’ controversy magnet Big Brother (5.6 mil/1.8) hit a series low in the demo.

RELATED | CBS Blasts Big Brother Cast’s ‘Offensive’ Slurs — Are They Right to Edit Them Out?

* Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (4.3 mil/1.5) — now featuring the clumsiest elimination process in TV history — ticked down a few viewers and two tenths.

RELATED | So You Think You Can Dance Recap: First, Cuts!

* ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (3.4 mil/1.0) shed 13 percent and two tenths.

1. Chablis says:

Time to end the Betty White Series. Maybe an occasional one but typical NBC, overkill.

2. wrstlgirl says:

This seasons cast of Big Brother is barely watchable. I hate that they put Rachel’s sister in the group. It would be nice to have a season without having to listen to “Rachel, Rachel, Rachel” Ugh.

• adamcala1234 says:

I really like Rachel’s sister… she is the only one I actually like ( and Helen)

• A says:

Elissa seems to be among the nicer people in the house so far. Sure she could have been upfront about being Rachel’s sister, but I understood her intentions even though she should have realized how obvious it would be. She does have a little bit of Rachel’s annoying mannerisms but I genuinely felt bad for her when she was nice to McCrae and was open enough to confide in him and he would not even attempt to reassure her of her safety and when she was crying to Helen. I really don’t understand why people are so quick to judge her without really knowing her. I love my sisters but they are a little nuts and I wouldn’t want to initially be judged if I came on the show after them solely on the fact that we are related. Maybe she is coming across as unlikeable to some on the live feeds but I can’t keep up with them so my judgement is based merely on the live episodes

• wrstlgirl says:

I probably should clarify. I don’t dislike Elissa. I’m just so sick of Rachel this, Rachel that, every season. I found her to be one of the most annoying house guests ever on BB so having to listen to every one talk about her every season since is grating.

3. Liam says:

Why would people of color or who are gay want to watch this round of Big Brother when several of the contestants are outright bigots? I’m ready to stop watching.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve been hearing about some of the comments being made but I don’t watch the live feeds so I haven’t seen/heard them for myself. I’m not happy about it and I’m not a person of color or gay, that shouldn’t matter. Between that and the complete uninteresting group of housemates this season I’m not sure how long I’ll stick around.

• IMHO says:

Most stopped watching before the season started.

4. Galelkethewind says:

Perhaps it’s different here in Canada, but Betty White’s Off Their Rockers was repeats last night. There was ONE new episode last week and according to the my television guide there will be ONE new episode next week which will be the actual, actual, actual season finale with Ed Asner as guest star. I repeat “actual” because I thought the season finale was months ago. :)

5. CR says:

I’ve even watching for 14 seasons, and was so excited, but after a week of feeds, I’m so sick of the ugliness and hate, and CBS is condoning it by nt replacing those idiots. Show the audience that this is NOT acceptable.

6. Midori says:

SYTYCD is toast, did they think that stupid change would really help them? Poor Carlos looked like he was going to cry.