Exclusive

Exclusive: Disney Channel Shows Due for a Time Jump -- Plus: Meet Grown-Up Charlie!

Disney Channel — which as my sons will be the first to tell you has a penchant for unofficially “themed” weekends — is setting up seven of its shows for a “future” shock, with its first-ever Flash Forward Weekend event.

The slate of all-new, futuristic episodes kicks off Friday, July 26 with A.N.T. Farm, and wraps that Sunday. (Nestled in the middle of the time-jumping fare, on Saturday at 8/7c, is the Dance Along edition of Teen Beach Movie, which premieres Friday, July 19).

Get an exclusive first look at Good Luck Charlies flash-forward episode, in which Heather Locklear’s daughter Ava Sambora guest-stars as grown-up Charlie. Then, scroll down for the details on all of the time-jumping episodes.

Good Luck Charlie Flash Forward Episode
FRIDAY, JULY 26
8 pm A.N.T. FarmWhen teenage Zoltan arrives in a time machine and falls in love with Chyna, he refuses to go back to the ’80s without his true love, so Chyna decides to accompany him back as his prom date. Meanwhile, Lexi hopes to travel back in time to correct a horrible event from the past — an ugly photo taken on her 5th grade school picture day.

8:30 pm Jessie | Future Jessie appears from an elevator time machine to warn Present Jessie to run for her life. Why? Because when Ravi grows up, he invents a robot version of Bertram (a “Bertram-Bot”) that evolves into an army that tries to destroy Jessie and take over the world.

9 pm Fish Hooks | When Fishington decides to cut the Drama Department, Bea and her friends decide to venture into Fishington’s brain to change her mind or else they’ll lose the department forever

SUNDAY, JULY 28
7:30 pm Good Luck Charlie | Ten years in the future, 14 year-old Charlie (played by Ava Sambora) watches a video diary that Teddy made about a fight she had with Gabe, in hopes that it will guide her through her fight with an 11-year-old Toby.

8 pm Dog With a Blog | To help land an internship, Avery agrees to throw a party at her house for a city official’s demanding daughter. When the party spirals out of control, Avery is afraid it will jeopardize her future aspirations of becoming President of the United States. Meanwhile, Bennett and Ellen attend a sleepover at the park with Chloe and her Healthy Muffins Troop.

8:30 pm Austin & Ally | When Austin and Ally are transported to a fantastical future, they realize that advanced technology can feel less personal when it comes to song writing, and learn to appreciate the traditional process.

9 pm Shake It Up | It is 22 years in the future, and with the group’s 20th high school reunion just a day away, Rocky and CeCe have successful careers, yet they fell out of touch years ago. Dina, now married to Deuce, wants them to dance together at the reunion for old times’ sake, but the duo can’t seem to agree on anything. Meanwhile, Ty and Tinka realize they may have missed out on something special in high school — each other.

1. kyle says:

surprise they don’t have an episode of Gravity Falls since this sort of storyline would fit right into the show.

2. I know my kids and I will enjoy watching Good Luck Charlie and Jessie. Thanks for the scoops, Matt and team. :-)

3. leigh says:

You know Matt, it would be great for there to be a TV LINE kids page. These articles are great for them and would be good on a separate link page of their own. :D Thanks for the info!

4. Sarah says:

I love all of these shows (except Fish Hooks – the promos have never appealed to me) but the one I’m most looking forward to is Good Luck Charlie. Finally seeing one of Teddy’s video diaries put to use is going to be awesome! :D

5. Tom Charles says:

where’s the rabble rabble about Good Luck Charlie exposing kids to the idea that flash forwards can be ok?

• J says:

I hate it when liberals and President Obama try to push their flash forward agenda on us! If the founding fathers wanted us to time travel, they would have invented a time machine!

• Midori says:

hahaha

If the founding father’s, or god itself, wanted us to drive or fly then they would have invented planes and cars for us!

6. Andrew says:

I Wanna See All Of Them Except Fish Hooks

7. Mandy's Mom says:

The Shake It Up Episode sounds like the best one.

8. Yonara torres says:

I love you disney channel!

9. angela says:

it should’ve been ty and cece

10. Mika02 says:

Still not understanding why they are canceling good luck charlie when this concept is excellent for spin off.

• Exactly! Good luck charlie is by far the best show on disney and it’s not like they’re out of ideas or the storyline has come to an end (like the Wizards of Waverly Place), a spin-off (like for Raven/Cory in the house) would be perfect!

11. gaurdian says:

Ava sambora, nice choice I believe it will work. My grandkid’s may be a bit surprised by it all but they will adjust. They love the Disney channel.

12. Before you show one new show,can I be on disney channel?

13. Jaycie foreman says:

When is it coming on dysney channel and how did you become a great actress

14. Jaycie foreman says:

I want to be on dysney channel so bad I am a gymnastics girl and want to be like yall

15. hailey says:

i love the concept i cant wait love hailey 💗

16. Why did you guys flash forward ,i wanted to see when charlie grows up . But I think that’s still cool . C;

17. Can I be on a new show ? I want to be on a new tv show .

18. Ella says:

I can’t wait to watch good luck Charlie and all the all the other shows my new fave show is Jessie and good luck Charlie because I just finished all seasons of kickin it it is still my fave show I’m rewaching all seasons

19. cmartens says:

Where can we go to watch these episodes if we missed them? Thanks

20. Jayde says:

I really loved the good luck Charlie episode (future Charlie was so pretty!) and I agree there should’ve been a gravity falls episode. :)

21. hana kavey says:

I want to be on disney so bad I write songs and people have told me I’m good I bug my mom all the time about being on TV and I love disney