Exclusive: Disney Channel Shows Due for a Time Jump — Plus: Meet Grown-Up Charlie!

Get More: Exclusive, Kids TV, News, Scoop

Disney Channel — which as my sons will be the first to tell you has a penchant for unofficially “themed” weekends — is setting up seven of its shows for a “future” shock, with its first-ever Flash Forward Weekend event.

The slate of all-new, futuristic episodes kicks off Friday, July 26 with A.N.T. Farm, and wraps that Sunday. (Nestled in the middle of the time-jumping fare, on Saturday at 8/7c, is the Dance Along edition of Teen Beach Movie, which premieres Friday, July 19).

Get an exclusive first look at Good Luck Charlies flash-forward episode, in which Heather Locklear’s daughter Ava Sambora guest-stars as grown-up Charlie. Then, scroll down for the details on all of the time-jumping episodes.

Good Luck Charlie Flash Forward Episode
FRIDAY, JULY 26
8 pm A.N.T. FarmWhen teenage Zoltan arrives in a time machine and falls in love with Chyna, he refuses to go back to the ’80s without his true love, so Chyna decides to accompany him back as his prom date. Meanwhile, Lexi hopes to travel back in time to correct a horrible event from the past — an ugly photo taken on her 5th grade school picture day.

8:30 pm Jessie | Future Jessie appears from an elevator time machine to warn Present Jessie to run for her life. Why? Because when Ravi grows up, he invents a robot version of Bertram (a “Bertram-Bot”) that evolves into an army that tries to destroy Jessie and take over the world.

9 pm Fish Hooks | When Fishington decides to cut the Drama Department, Bea and her friends decide to venture into Fishington’s brain to change her mind or else they’ll lose the department forever

SUNDAY, JULY 28
7:30 pm Good Luck Charlie | Ten years in the future, 14 year-old Charlie (played by Ava Sambora) watches a video diary that Teddy made about a fight she had with Gabe, in hopes that it will guide her through her fight with an 11-year-old Toby.

8 pm Dog With a Blog | To help land an internship, Avery agrees to throw a party at her house for a city official’s demanding daughter. When the party spirals out of control, Avery is afraid it will jeopardize her future aspirations of becoming President of the United States. Meanwhile, Bennett and Ellen attend a sleepover at the park with Chloe and her Healthy Muffins Troop.

8:30 pm Austin & Ally | When Austin and Ally are transported to a fantastical future, they realize that advanced technology can feel less personal when it comes to song writing, and learn to appreciate the traditional process.

9 pm Shake It Up | It is 22 years in the future, and with the group’s 20th high school reunion just a day away, Rocky and CeCe have successful careers, yet they fell out of touch years ago. Dina, now married to Deuce, wants them to dance together at the reunion for old times’ sake, but the duo can’t seem to agree on anything. Meanwhile, Ty and Tinka realize they may have missed out on something special in high school — each other.

Comments (34)

• surprise they don’t have an episode of Gravity Falls since this sort of storyline would fit right into the show.

Comment by kyle – July 2, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, Gravity Falls would be awesome.

Comment by Thomas – July 12, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gravity falls already had a time travel episode and they are in the middle if a two part season finale so it wouldn’t make sense to air an episode like that

Comment by Sarah – July 14, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gravity falls is disney xd

Comment by Molly Clare Feldman – July 22, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No it’s not it’s Disney Channel. I just saw an ad for it on Disney Channel

Comment by Taylor – July 25, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that’s true but, Gravity Falls is the best show on Disney Channel, so far.

Comment by Dana – July 26, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know my kids and I will enjoy watching Good Luck Charlie and Jessie. Thanks for the scoops, Matt and team. :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – July 2, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know Matt, it would be great for there to be a TV LINE kids page. These articles are great for them and would be good on a separate link page of their own. :D Thanks for the info!

Comment by leigh – July 2, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of these shows (except Fish Hooks – the promos have never appealed to me) but the one I’m most looking forward to is Good Luck Charlie. Finally seeing one of Teddy’s video diaries put to use is going to be awesome! :D

Comment by Sarah – July 2, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s the rabble rabble about Good Luck Charlie exposing kids to the idea that flash forwards can be ok?

Comment by Tom Charles – July 2, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate it when liberals and President Obama try to push their flash forward agenda on us! If the founding fathers wanted us to time travel, they would have invented a time machine!

Comment by J – July 2, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahaha

If the founding father’s, or god itself, wanted us to drive or fly then they would have invented planes and cars for us!

Comment by Midori – July 3, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Wanna See All Of Them Except Fish Hooks

Comment by Andrew – July 2, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Shake It Up Episode sounds like the best one.

Comment by Mandy's Mom – July 2, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you disney channel!

Comment by Yonara torres – July 3, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disney channel is indeed the best channel ever

Comment by Jacqueline – January 13, 2014 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it should’ve been ty and cece

Comment by angela – July 3, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still not understanding why they are canceling good luck charlie when this concept is excellent for spin off.

Comment by Mika02 – July 4, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Good luck charlie is by far the best show on disney and it’s not like they’re out of ideas or the storyline has come to an end (like the Wizards of Waverly Place), a spin-off (like for Raven/Cory in the house) would be perfect!

Comment by anthonygemayel – July 8, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know! Why is GLC stopping after season four? It never gets old!!!

Comment by Thomas – July 12, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ava sambora, nice choice I believe it will work. My grandkid’s may be a bit surprised by it all but they will adjust. They love the Disney channel.

Comment by gaurdian – July 7, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Before you show one new show,can I be on disney channel?

Comment by Isabella Torres – July 12, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is it coming on dysney channel and how did you become a great actress

Comment by Jaycie foreman – July 21, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to be on dysney channel so bad I am a gymnastics girl and want to be like yall

Comment by Jaycie foreman – July 21, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love the concept i cant wait love hailey 💗

Comment by hailey – July 22, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did you guys flash forward ,i wanted to see when charlie grows up . But I think that’s still cool . C;

Comment by Amanda Montoya – July 25, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I be on a new show ? I want to be on a new tv show .

Comment by Amanda Montoya – July 25, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to watch good luck Charlie and all the all the other shows my new fave show is Jessie and good luck Charlie because I just finished all seasons of kickin it it is still my fave show I’m rewaching all seasons

Comment by Ella – July 26, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I luv kickin it

Comment by Mmmm – July 26, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Goodluck Charlie and Shake it Up are my fave show o yeah

Comment by Jacqueline – January 13, 2014 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where can we go to watch these episodes if we missed them? Thanks

Comment by cmartens – July 29, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really loved the good luck Charlie episode (future Charlie was so pretty!) and I agree there should’ve been a gravity falls episode. :)

Comment by Jayde – August 4, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to be on disney so bad I write songs and people have told me I’m good I bug my mom all the time about being on TV and I love disney

Comment by hana kavey – November 6, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post