Ratings: Big Brother Down But Tops Night, Whodunnit Drops, More Viewers Storm Dome

BIG BROTHERBig Brother 15‘s Sunday premiere drew 5.8 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating, scoring broadcast TV’s best demo number for the night.

That said, the reality contest was down 23 percent from last Wednesday’s launch (which, yes, is BAU) and off 26 percent from last summer’s Sunday night opener.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Leading out of BB, an encore of the Under the Dome premiere added 5 mil and a 1.1 to the summer hit’s haul, which at last tally (with Live+3 DVR numbers) had reached 16.7 mil/4.3.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Wife Swap (3.2 mil/1.0) dropped 23 and 29 percent from its season premiere, while Whodunnit? (3.2 mil/1.0) suffered similar decreases.

NBC’s Crossing Lines (3.7 mil/0.7) shed 16 percent of its premiere audience but held tight to that demo number.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for The Killing, True Blood and Devious Maids

Dexter and Ray Donovan premiere ratings can be found here.

1. I didn’t like the first episode of Crossing Lines.

2. csr says:

Just started watching Crossing Lines yesterday, and it’s good. But it seems like more of a BBC or A&E show than NBC.

3. GTS says:

How did Big Brother get the best demo, if Under the Dome had a 4.3 rating?

4. Jake says:

I am glad to see Under the Dome doing well. If it continues to do so and does get renewed, I hope it still stays a summer show.

5. A says:

So far on BB, I’m liking Amanda, Nick, Kaitlin, Aaryn, McCrae, Spencer.
    Really can’t stand David and Jesse, they are so obsessed with themselves, it’s sickening.
    Mixed feelings on Elissa. While she does have all the annoying mannerisms Rachel has and the same looks and similar ways of talking, so far she isn’t as bad as Rachel was so I’ll just keep watching

• Lola says:

Regarding BB’ Aaryn, Kaitlin, Spencer, and Amanda, I’m just going to leave this here:

• A says:

I usually read the blogs each season when I get the chance about the stuff that happens outside of the actual episodes, but I’m too busy this summer so I decided to just stick to the live episodes and base who I thought were good/liked on that, but wow this is absolutely disgusting. It really goes to show how off your judgment can be when you don’t get the full story. It really didn’t take long for them to forget that they are on camera. I hope CBS doesn’t edit this stuff out so that America and the people who don’t keep up with the live feeds can get a chance to see who these people really are.

6. sterf says:

Man, Whodunnit? is such fun, goofy show. I wish it would catch on.

7. Meh says:

The first episode of Whodunnit? was fun. Haven’t seen the second one yet, but it’s different than most other reality shows and I love Cluedo, so I hope it can stay.

8. Ingrid says:

Matt, how were the ratings for Devious Maids? I’m crossing my fingers it does well!!