Ratings: Big Brother Down But Tops Night, Whodunnit Drops, More Viewers Storm Dome

Get More: News, Ratings

BIG BROTHERBig Brother 15‘s Sunday premiere drew 5.8 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating, scoring broadcast TV’s best demo number for the night.

That said, the reality contest was down 23 percent from last Wednesday’s launch (which, yes, is BAU) and off 26 percent from last summer’s Sunday night opener.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Leading out of BB, an encore of the Under the Dome premiere added 5 mil and a 1.1 to the summer hit’s haul, which at last tally (with Live+3 DVR numbers) had reached 16.7 mil/4.3.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Wife Swap (3.2 mil/1.0) dropped 23 and 29 percent from its season premiere, while Whodunnit? (3.2 mil/1.0) suffered similar decreases.

NBC’s Crossing Lines (3.7 mil/0.7) shed 16 percent of its premiere audience but held tight to that demo number.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for The Killing, True Blood and Devious Maids

Dexter and Ray Donovan premiere ratings can be found here.

Comments (18)

• I didn’t like the first episode of Crossing Lines.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 1, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just started watching Crossing Lines yesterday, and it’s good. But it seems like more of a BBC or A&E show than NBC.

Comment by csr – July 1, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its NBC+ German, French and Italian television channels

Comment by Cynthia – July 2, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did Big Brother get the best demo, if Under the Dome had a 4.3 rating?

Comment by GTS – July 1, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Under the Dome had a 4.3 from its original airing (with Live+3 factored in).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 1, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad to see Under the Dome doing well. If it continues to do so and does get renewed, I hope it still stays a summer show.

Comment by Jake – July 1, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far on BB, I’m liking Amanda, Nick, Kaitlin, Aaryn, McCrae, Spencer.
    Really can’t stand David and Jesse, they are so obsessed with themselves, it’s sickening.
    Mixed feelings on Elissa. While she does have all the annoying mannerisms Rachel has and the same looks and similar ways of talking, so far she isn’t as bad as Rachel was so I’ll just keep watching

Comment by A – July 1, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Regarding BB’ Aaryn, Kaitlin, Spencer, and Amanda, I’m just going to leave this here:

Comment by Lola – July 1, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I usually read the blogs each season when I get the chance about the stuff that happens outside of the actual episodes, but I’m too busy this summer so I decided to just stick to the live episodes and base who I thought were good/liked on that, but wow this is absolutely disgusting. It really goes to show how off your judgment can be when you don’t get the full story. It really didn’t take long for them to forget that they are on camera. I hope CBS doesn’t edit this stuff out so that America and the people who don’t keep up with the live feeds can get a chance to see who these people really are.

Comment by A – July 1, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, Whodunnit? is such fun, goofy show. I wish it would catch on.

Comment by sterf – July 1, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. LOVE IT.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – July 1, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who do you think is the killer? I have someone in mind already, based on how some of the deaths have gone down so far.

Comment by neums (@neums) – July 2, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first episode of Whodunnit? was fun. Haven’t seen the second one yet, but it’s different than most other reality shows and I love Cluedo, so I hope it can stay.

Comment by Meh – July 1, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, how were the ratings for Devious Maids? I’m crossing my fingers it does well!!

Comment by Ingrid – July 1, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post