What to Watch Sunday: Dexter's Final Premiere, Your First Ray Donovan Fix, BET Awards & More

dexter-s8-premiere-300On TV this Sunday: Dexter’s final season is to die for, Ray Donovan keeps a few secrets, Chris Tucker is BET’s award show MC and Nik Wallenda talks the walk. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Sunday — The Good Wife Vs. Homeland and Other DVR Dilemmas

8 pm Skywire: Nik Talks The Walk (Discovery) | After crossing the Grand Canyon at 1,500 feet, aerialist Nik Wallenda watches and provides commentary on his own tether-less tightrope walk.

8 pm BET Awards 2013 (BET) | Actor/comedian Chris Tucker hosts the 3-1/2 hour live show. Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke and Stevie Wonder are among those scheduled to perform.

PREVIEW | Dexter‘s End Begins: Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter Preview Final Run

9 pm Dexter (Showtime) | Season 8 premiere: Six months after LaGuerta’s death, neuropsychiatrist Dr. Evelyn Vogel (British actress Charlotte Rampling) complicates Dex’s life. (Get scoop, watch a sneak peek.)

9 pm The Killing (AMC) | Sarah and Holder catch up to the latest victim, and Seward faces his past.

9 pm Under the Dome (CBS) | If you were not among the 16.7 million viewers who thus far watched the June 24 premiere, here’s an encore presentation.

9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Bill struggles to save vampirekind from certain death, while Eric takes human collateral. (Get scoop.)

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More Than 70 Premieres and Finales

10 pm Ray Donovan (Showtime) | Series premiere: ray-donovan-300Ray Donovan (played by Liev Schreiber) is a professional “fixer,” hired to bury secrets for LA’s elite. In the first episode, Ray’s estranged, shady father (Jon Voight) is released from prison five years early, all as Ray deals with two clients-in-crisis and gets too close to a pretty stalking victim.

10 pm Devious Maids (Lifetime) | Valentina’s plans to get closer to Remi continue to irritate Zoila; Marisol tries to spend more time at the Powell house.

10 pm Breaking Amish: Brave New World (TLC) | Season finale: Jeremiah comes back from Puerto Rico with a heavy heart, and the group finally makes decisions about what’s next.

10 pm Falling Skies (TNT) | When a mission goes terribly awry, Tom and Pope must rely on each other to survive. (Read preview from Noah Wyle.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (46)

• Dexter VS True Blood. This is a toughie… Dexter it is!

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – June 30, 2013 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Both dexter and true blood should be replaying on their channels if that makes it easier on you;-)

Comment by Gail – June 30, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEXTER!
    Falling Skies
    The Killing
    Copper
    Crossing Lines
    Drop Dead Diva
    Ray Donovan
    (whew!)

Comment by LynnH – June 30, 2013 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your list AND True Blood, Family Tree, Devious Maids & RHONJ. Hallelujah for two DVRs!
      (double whew!)

Comment by Mel – June 30, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEXTER

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 30, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can already see the next Performer of the Week. Jessica Carpenter IT IS

Comment by Stefan – June 30, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna feel so lost when Dexter ends T_T

Comment by Polly – June 30, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Venture Bros.
    Family Tree
    Falling Skies

I’m really enjoying all of those series this season.

Comment by Shoukichi – June 30, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching Family Tree too! It’s hilarious, where’s the love TVLine!? ;)

Comment by what! – June 30, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And now we add Crossing Lines to the Sunday jam pile! Aaaargh!
    I’ve got Sunday dvr overload!

Comment by MotorCitygirl – June 30, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devious Maids & Dexter , for me.

Comment by Bass Drum – June 30, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter i cant wait!

Comment by ryan – June 30, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing and Falling Skies

Comment by Joey – June 30, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The rerun on SVU tonight on NBC is the episode containing the very fine performance of Hope Davis. Both her and Patricia Arquette should definitely be up for Emmy Awards for Best Guest Performance in a Drama Series.

Comment by EJ – June 30, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nobody cares about law and order anymore

Comment by ryan – June 30, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Apparently EJ does. Don’t be a douche.

Comment by Meredith – June 30, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TRUE BLOOD.

Comment by Miles – June 30, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva,maybe Devious Maids

Comment by Brandy – June 30, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Inspector Lewis on PBS. Record Crossing Lines.

Comment by JCK – June 30, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and Ray Donovan

Comment by Andy – June 30, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure yet what I will timeshift, but I will see all of the following either live or within a couple of days.

Inspector Lewis (PBS)
    Crossing Lines (NBC)
    True Blood (HBO)
    Falling Skies (TNT)
    Copper (BBC America)

Comment by Maryann – June 30, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm. Posted this before but seems to have disappeared.
    Crossing Lines
    DVR Falling Skies

Comment by kirads09 – June 30, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Ray Donovan and DVR Devious Maids

Comment by DanielleZ – June 30, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forgot about Under The Dome. I’ll DVR it also.

Comment by DanielleZ – June 30, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to check out the new Showtime series tonight, but I didn’t realize Jon Voight was in it. Major pass on that. I will watch Dexter, though.

Comment by Jo – June 30, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure what Voight did to you :). I’m not a fan of Jon’s, I saw the premiere (on demand) and he was pretty darn good! It’s a great cast.

Comment by what! – June 30, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had the same reaction to Jon Voight being in the cast (I’m assuming you’re talking about his politics), but my love for Kate Moennig trumps my dislike of Voight, so I will be watching. Though I might end up fast forwarding through it just to watch her scenes.

Comment by Roni – June 30, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and Ray Donovan, Sundays are Showtime!

Comment by hater4life – June 30, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch DEXTER first, then head over to Bon Temps for the fun.

Comment by DarkDefender – June 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed Under the Dome so I might watch that.

Comment by Leondre – June 30, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Family Tree, Ray Donovan (Kate Moennig returns to TV!), HGTV Star.

Comment by Roni – June 30, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter,True Blood, The Killing, Ray Donovan, and Under the Dome

Comment by bobbie – June 30, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The killing is amazing this season. So much better than the first two!

Comment by Jenna – June 30, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Brother
    Under the Dome

Comment by Paul – June 30, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Dexter and Devious Maids. DVR Drop Dead Diva and Under The Dome.

Comment by Steven – June 30, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im not fully sure how i feel about Ray Donovan. I was hoping when watching the episode that him and his wife would have a solid relationship, and that he wouldnt cheat or anything…but apparently she seems like a neurotic backstabber and highly emotional, and well, he cheats. I dont think im gonna like how long they keep Voight, because hes a main character (and big name) im sure hes gonna be in multiple seasons, so that kills the tension of Ray saying “you come around my family ill kill you” and the next scene is him with Rays family. So i just dont know, Ray seems like a badass character and the Hollywood “Fixer” is a cool thing to explore, but there are so many things it appears that i cant stand in TV shows that will be happening that i might end up quitting on it.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 30, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alrighty. Dexter, Ray Donovan, The Killing, Crossing Lines, True Blood, Falling Skies and Copper.

Comment by Steve – June 30, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter, Ray Donovan and True Blood

Comment by Jared – June 30, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching the BET Awards now but luckily it will re-air all next week. I would like to watch Crossing Lines and Devious Maids. Off topic but World War Z is awesome! I just saw it today.

Comment by Kisha from Houston – June 30, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BET Awards has actually been pretty good. World War Z gave me the willies!!

Comment by tp – June 30, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter of Course!!!! My all time fav show :). I will also check True Blood and the White Queen (BBC One)

Comment by Princess – June 30, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva
    The Killing, which is excellent this season
    Crossing Lines
    Devious Maids, an easy favorite
    Falling Skies
    I watched the pilot for Ray Donovan and was deeply disappointed. Yet another show where bad behavior is glamorized. I particularly hated the fact that he’s a cheater, an apparently unredeemable one. I like Jon Voight but I was not impressed with his performance. The whole thing feels kind of derivative to me. I like the idea of a ‘fixer’ but Scandal does it much better. At least at the heart of Olivia’s misbehavior she’s actually in love with Fitz.

Comment by Babygate – June 30, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dont watch Scandal but thats exactly how i felt. I get its a dark and gritty show or w/e…but no character is fun or upbeat or anything but depressing. Weirdly makes me miss Chuck…such a up beat sweet kind show full of heart.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 30, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish we could get Falling Skies recap.

Comment by tp – June 30, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like a Crossing Lines recap.

Comment by JCK – July 1, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post