Ratings: Rookie Blue, Motive Return Down

Ratings Rookie Blue MotiveABC’s Thursday drama line-up got fouled by that NBA finals-induced hiatus, as both Motive and Rookie Blue returned to smaller numbers.

RELATED | Save the Dates: More than 70 July Premieres and Finales

Leading out of Wipeout — which opened ABC’s night with 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating — Motive drew 5 mil and a 0.9, down 12 and 25 percent from its May 27 outing.

Rookie Blue followed with 5.1 mil/1.1, down 14 percent and a tenth from its last fresh episode.

Over on Fox, Hell’s Kitchen (5.4 mil/2.0) tied for the Thursday demo win, holding steady week-to-week. The Does Someone Have to Go? finale (2.27 mil/0.9) was also flat.

A Big Bang Theory repeat reaped the night’s largest audience, drawing 7.9 million viewers with a 2.0 rating.

1. Sarah says:

Rookie Blue. :( I’m a bit worried about it because it’s never been this low in demos after only 3 episodes before.

2. Rookie Blue now only has 6 days to be renewed for season 5 to keep up the trend of being renewed after the third episode.

• Sarah says:

As much as I wish it would, I don’t think it’s going to happen this soon this year. But I could be wrong. I really hope it does get renewed before half the season’s over, though. Otherwise I’m going to start getting anxious.

• To be honest though, it’s a 10PM show during the summer. The fact that it’s also 4 years old now means that it’s slowly decreasing demo shouldn’t be too much worry about. I know viewership doesn’t mean anything, but 5 million people live has got to count for something, right? Hopefully it’ll adjust up to a 1.2 and that it’s DVR ratings do well this year.

• dude says:

If ABC doesn’t renew it, Global always could and then it’d keep going. Americans would have to watch it online but…

• It’s still a lock for Canada, one of their most successful shows. Nothing to worry about there :)

3. Curly Girly says:

Probably because nobody knew it was on because it was on hiatus for the last few weeks for stupid basketball. Curses!!!

4. Margaret says:

the timing of the Finals seemed to give the show a longer hiatus than it’s had in previous seasons, which is a major bummer bc i really like last night’s episode.

5. sarah says:

RB is one of the best shows on tv. I really hope it gets picked up again for next summer!
    Sadly I am sure people were miffed when it was off during the NBA playoffs!
    I hope more people tune in on July 11.
    I am curious to find out how Graceland did.

6. dude says:

What is with scheduling? It took a three week break after only two episodes (seriously? WTF) and now its back for a week and it’s going on hiatus again for two weeks. It’s like ABC wants to kill it.

7. K. says:

I really missed Rookie Blue and Motive for 3 weeks while NBA was on and when it did come on here we had a big storm that knocked out our local channels and I missed half of both shows……Know it doesn’t come on again for 2 weeks, no wonder it’s getting low ratings…

8. BrianR says:

I fear they will cancel Rookie Blue because of its stupid month long hiatus for worthless basketball. Hell I almost forgot it was on because its been off the air. Here’s an idea ABC put basketball on ESPN or TNT and leave it there.