It's Official: No Season 4 For Happy Endings

Get More: Cancellations, News

HAPPY ENDINGS - ABC's "Happy Endings" stars Adam Pally as Max, Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad, Casey Wilson as Penny and Zachary Knighton as Dave. (ABC/BOB D'AMICO)Happy Endings won’t get one: The cancelled ABC comedy is officially done and will not continue on another network, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Sony Pictures TV, which produces the series, has ended its search for a new home for the ensemble sitcom.

As we told you earlier this week, the cast’s contract options expire this weekend, and no network has stepped up to continue the quirky comedy.

A possible move to USA Network — widely believed to be Endings‘ most likely savior — was nixed earlier this month. NBC and TBS reportedly were possible contenders as well, but neither panned out.

Fans, which stage of Happy Endings grief are you in? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (106)

• If SMASH and Body of Proof couldn’t get picked up (which is a big mistake) then Happy Endings sure didn’t deserve to!

Comment by Lisa – June 29, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOMEONE WE NEED TO KICKSTARTER A 4TH SEASON OF HAPPY ENDINGS. If the networks won’t do it. Why can’t we the fans. It’s been done for lots shows and movies. I think we can make it work if the word is spread enough. Let’s Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!! #SaveHappyEndings

Comment by Jesse – July 1, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am with you on that one!!

Comment by Zana K. – July 4, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad there won’t be anymore Happy Endings! Yeah, season 3 wasn’t as good as the 1st two, but it was still good. At least I still have Cougar Town to look forward to!

Comment by Mikael – July 3, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do all the good shows get cancelled why why!! Is there really no hope for happy endings..what happened to the Netflix possibilities? I was hoping for that one!

Comment by Zana K. – July 4, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That really sucks!!! :(

Comment by Carol – July 11, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO!!! This show was SO creative and HI-larious! I loved the fast talk and quirky characters. I am in denial that it is canceled.

Comment by Nicole – July 12, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will miss this show, it was pretty funny

Comment by Tomás Abecasis – July 13, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love oxymorons.

Hate the show. Don’t winan quit his fantastic role in NEW GIRL for this dumpy show?hmmm.

This show was just tacky.

Comment by White collar suits – July 16, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was by far the funniest shows I have seen and I think that after one bad season 3rd which I did not think was that bad. ABC has once again messed up. I hope USA or TBS pick it up I miss it

Comment by Jamie – October 8, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so disappointed to here the ‘Tragic Endings’ for the cast had put a smile on my face and given me wet pants. But the best shows tend to have the last laugh. Look at Gilligan’s Island. Still a classic.

Comment by cristy – October 16, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m 20 and a group of my friends would always get together and watch this show. Even our parents would join. It was a loved show by any age group and I am extremely disappointed that it will not be continuing. Not impressed and not happy.

Comment by Key – October 21, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post