It's Official: No Season 4 For Happy Endings

HAPPY ENDINGS - ABC's "Happy Endings" stars Adam Pally as Max, Eliza Coupe as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad, Casey Wilson as Penny and Zachary Knighton as Dave. (ABC/BOB D'AMICO)Happy Endings won’t get one: The cancelled ABC comedy is officially done and will not continue on another network, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Sony Pictures TV, which produces the series, has ended its search for a new home for the ensemble sitcom.

As we told you earlier this week, the cast’s contract options expire this weekend, and no network has stepped up to continue the quirky comedy.

A possible move to USA Network — widely believed to be Endings‘ most likely savior — was nixed earlier this month. NBC and TBS reportedly were possible contenders as well, but neither panned out.

Fans, which stage of Happy Endings grief are you in? Sound off in the comments!

1. Lisa says:

If SMASH and Body of Proof couldn’t get picked up (which is a big mistake) then Happy Endings sure didn’t deserve to!

2. Jesse says:

SOMEONE WE NEED TO KICKSTARTER A 4TH SEASON OF HAPPY ENDINGS. If the networks won’t do it. Why can’t we the fans. It’s been done for lots shows and movies. I think we can make it work if the word is spread enough. Let’s Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!! #SaveHappyEndings

3. Mikael says:

I am so sad there won’t be anymore Happy Endings! Yeah, season 3 wasn’t as good as the 1st two, but it was still good. At least I still have Cougar Town to look forward to!

4. Zana K. says:

Why do all the good shows get cancelled why why!! Is there really no hope for happy endings..what happened to the Netflix possibilities? I was hoping for that one!

5. Carol says:

That really sucks!!! :(

6. Nicole says:

NOOOOOO!!! This show was SO creative and HI-larious! I loved the fast talk and quirky characters. I am in denial that it is canceled.

7. Tomás Abecasis says:

will miss this show, it was pretty funny

8. White collar suits says:

I love oxymorons.

Hate the show. Don’t winan quit his fantastic role in NEW GIRL for this dumpy show?hmmm.

This show was just tacky.

9. Jamie says:

This was by far the funniest shows I have seen and I think that after one bad season 3rd which I did not think was that bad. ABC has once again messed up. I hope USA or TBS pick it up I miss it

10. cristy says:

I am so disappointed to here the ‘Tragic Endings’ for the cast had put a smile on my face and given me wet pants. But the best shows tend to have the last laugh. Look at Gilligan’s Island. Still a classic.

11. Key says:

i’m 20 and a group of my friends would always get together and watch this show. Even our parents would join. It was a loved show by any age group and I am extremely disappointed that it will not be continuing. Not impressed and not happy.