The delectable NBC drama’s helmer Bryan Fuller tells E! Online that they’ve offered a juicy Season 2 role to the famed rocker.
“We have reached out to David Bowie to see if he’s interested and available,” Fuller shares. “We would love for him to play Hannibal’s uncle, who is a character from the literature and in the books.”
The EP notes that while the titular character’s uncle was killed in the literature, “There’s a little bit of J.J. Abrams-style alternate universe storytelling where he could still be alive,” given the series’ present-day nature.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Scandal vet and current Killing co-star Gregg Henry has joined Lifetime’s upcoming Lizzie Borden-based telepic. He’ll play the district attorney prosecuting Borden (played by Christina Ricci) for the murders of her father and his second wife.
• Secret Diary of a Call Girl‘s Iddo Goldberg (who — fun fact — is the real-life hubby of former Revenge star Ashley Madekwe) will heavily recur on TNT’s upcoming Frank Darabont-helmed thriller Lost Angels, Deadline reports. He joins the period piece as a potentially psychotic man who witnessed a murder.
• The crossover special Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel — in which the titular pals help dis-empowered superheroes such as Spider-Man and Hulk get their mojo back — will premiere Friday, Aug. 16 on Disney Channel, while Disney Channel SVOD and verified WATCH Disney Channel will offer a first look on Aug. 12.
• Sundance Channel and BBC Worldwide, North America will co-produce The Honourable Woman, a mini-series starring Maggie Gyllenhaal (Crazy Heart). The project is described as “a fast paced, labyrinthine thriller set against an international political backdrop.”
• The Mormon church-owned NBC affiliate KSL Salt Lake City announced on its Facebook page that it will air Saturday Night Live this fall for the first time since 1995. Other NBC fare in recent years deemed to0 racy for the outlet include The New Normal and The Playboy Club.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?