Emmys

Emmy Awards 2013: 16 Actors and Writers Reveal Their Dream Nominees!

Nomination ballots for the 2013 Emmy Awards are due today at 5pm. And while most of us don’t have power beyond sending positive energy into the universe (“En-light-ened! En-light-ened!”), it’s a different story for Hollywood insiders.

To get a sense of which way the Emmy winds are blowing this year, TVLine grilled 16 prominent actors and writers — everyone from Parks and Recreation‘s Adam Scott to American Horror Story‘s Lily Rabe to Parenthood‘s Monica Potter — about who’d make their list of dream nominees.

RELATED | View all of TVLine’s Emmy Interviews, Commentary, Predictions and More!

And while, yes, there was plenty of love for usual suspects like Breaking Bad and Louie, there were plenty of outside-the-box picks, too.

So click through the gallery below for the full collection of dream nominees, then hit the comments with your own wish list! And follow us on Twitter @TVLine for everything you ever wanted to know about the 2013 Emmys — and then some!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Lists, Photo Gallery

1. Gailer says:

Jon Hamm for the win!

2. Maria says:

Further fueling the argument that they should separate the Emmys into cable shows and network shows. Not everyone gets premium cable and watches the shows mentioned by these actors.

• Anna says:

The most mentioned show- Breaking Bad- is on basic cable, and it’s the best of the best (IMHO). Also, everyone I know watches the premium cable shows on the internet.

3. Kristen says:

As with every year, I’d love for genre shows to finally get some recognition. I know Warehouse 13 submitted at least one nomination and I’m so sad it and other shows within the genre (except possibly Orphan Black, which I haven’t seen yet) aren’t going to be taken seriously, because it’s so deserving.

4. D'Arcy says:

NCW for Supporting Actor!

“By what right does the wolf judge the lion? By what right?”

5. hedi says:

of course most of them talking about their friends and all , they probably are busy with their work and can’t check out more shows!!! I hope we see Hannibal in like every deserved category this year. And most importantly in lead actor and supporting actor. Also in cinematography because they are amazing in that too, and in costume designer , damn this series is brilliant!!!

6. Leah says:

Jeez. Wish these guys were in charge of Emmy noms.

7. A says:

I hope Tatiana Maslany gets nominated because she was absolutely amazing as well as Clarie Danes. Can’t Wait till Orphan Black and Homeland return,
    Please no more Modern Family nods. I can’t take another MF-dominated Emmy show. It’s just annoying.

8. Austin says:

I agree with all of these. As long as Monica Potter gets a nom. Haha I was hoping she’d say herself, but I mean that’d probably be a little vapid.

9. Tt says:

Didnt think I could be a bigger fan of Adam Scott but there he goes again making me like him even more with that battlestar galactica comment

10. Lisbeth Slander says:

No love for Parenthood? I hope this isn’t indicative of their chances of being nominated. Monica Potter nailed it last season.

11. Vlada says:

I just hope that somebody will notice the greatness of The Middle 4. season, and this ensemble…or just Eden Sher…

• Hamish says:

The thing about Eden Sher is that she’s absolutely fearless as Sue Heck. She’s willing to do anything for the role.

12. AJ says:

Jim Beaver is a Sherlock fan! This man just keeps getting better and better.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I really, really hope Jim Beaver wins the guest actor category this year. He’s my pick to win as of right now, but he’s got to get the nomination first. [fingers crossed].

13. Mal says:

There is no way Tatiana Maslany shouldn’t end up with a lead actress Emmy. She is so fantastic you forget it’s the same woman playing so many roles. Best actress on TV… Hands Down!

14. vix101 says:

Hannibal
    Orphan Black
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    BBT
    honourable mention:-
    Homeland
    Walking Dead
    Louis C K

15. DonDraperSaysWhat says:

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, GoT and Sherlock, I don’t really watch a lot of new comedies anymore

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

TBBT producer thinks Louie is the best comedy out there. That’s…interesting and unexpected. I kind of hope he submits New Year’s Eve as his acting submission. I die laughing every time I watch that scene with the doll. Louis C.K. can cry on camera as funny as Donald Glover cries on camera. It’s a funny in a different way though. I already looked it up and saw he’s only submitting Daddy’s Girlfriend pt. 1 for writing and New Year’s Eve for directing. I think he’ll get nominated in both categories, but he’ll have a really good shot to win in directing. It can’t be easy to do a sequence like he did with the Christmas Eve scenes and direct yourself in something like that without seeing how it looks while you’re doing it. And he freaking nailed it. I’m not sure Louie can win best show though. At this point I don’t even feel confident it will get nominated. Because there’s no way the Emmys would be that cool, right?
    This was an interesting article seeing what people in the industry think about what’s good on television this year. I think they would have a better perspective than the general public on where the true talent is since they work in those fields.
    Hey, Ausiello and Matt…you guys need to put your Emmy nominations picks on Gold Derby like you used to. I want to compete against you. :) I’m in the league of top 24 users this year, so I get to compete against the experts and editors.

17. xx says:

You’re allowed to talk to actors who aren’t white, you know. I’d be interested in a lot of their answers too.

18. luli says:

Tatiana Maslany and Orphan Black for an Emmy!!!

19. cjeffery7 says:

thank you adam scott for the battlestar reference lol

20. Catherine says:

Tatiana Maslany deserves at least a nomination for Orphan Black!!

21. GeekOFComedy says:

I think Julianna Margulies deserves to be atlesst nominated. After all she delivers incredible performance 22 times a year compared to everyone else who does 12. Now I know it’s not judged that way but I do think some of that stuff should be taken into consideration!

22. emily says: